The Death Rattle Of A Nation

Sir, with all due respect you have fallen victim to a nefarious myth...very likely supplied to you and others by the infamous Ward Churchill.........Did the U.S. Army Distribute Smallpox Blankets to Indians? Fabrication and Falsification in Ward Churchill's Genocide Rhetoric

Where do you find this crap?

Look in the same place and find the honorable justification for the trail of tears, that ought to be good.

What you have not found and what you have not presented is proof of your belief that Amerian Indians were given blankets infected with smallpox.

I have found and presented evidence you have been duped. Case Closed.......Next...don't be shy...step up to the plate and engage in honest debate.........
Smallpox and the Native American. [Am J Med Sci. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI
Native Americans and The Smallpox Epidemic
The Straight Dope: Did whites ever give Native Americans blankets infected with smallpox?

It's part of our history but feel free to ignore the truth, as usual.

Where do you find this crap?

Look in the same place and find the honorable justification for the trail of tears, that ought to be good.

What you have not found and what you have not presented is proof of your belief that Amerian Indians were given blankets infected with smallpox.

I have found and presented evidence you have been duped. Case Closed.......Next...don't be shy...step up to the plate and engage in honest debate.........
Smallpox and the Native American. [Am J Med Sci. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI
The Straight Dope: Did whites ever give Native Americans blankets infected with smallpox?

It's part of our history but feel free to ignore the truth, as usual.

What you do not get is that a claim was inferred that Smallpox was spread intentionally by Americans giving blankets infected with smallpox to American Indians.....no one has denied that epidemics spread from one population group to another.

The blanket story was around for hundreds of years before Ward Churchill lol...you appear to be a born yesterday Foxetcbot...only reason ANYONE has heard of him...

From your source: Did whites ever give Native Americans blankets infected with smallpox?

October 24, 1997

Dear Cecil:

As a volunteer worker with PWAs (people with AIDS) I've been solemnly assured that AIDS was created in a lab by the CIA/KKK/KGB, etc., to kill off all the commies/blacks/capitalists, etc. Obviously this is just a modern take on that ancient and dishonorable tradition of blaming disaster and disease on your least favorite minority, as the Jews were blamed in the Middle Ages for the Black Death. It did bring to mind, though, the stories that some Native Americans tell about the deliberate introduction of smallpox as a form of genocide. One version I've read has Custer's cavalry handing out infected blankets on the reservations, and on the Pacific Northwest coast, where I live, some of the First Nations believe this sort of thing was going on as recently as the 1930s. I'm skeptical, not because I attribute any high morality to the Europeans, some of whom would have cheerfully infected natives if they thought they could get away with it, but precisely because of the boomerang effect. Even today it seems to me the only thing keeping a lid on biological warfare is the fact that it will potentially kill as many of your people as of the enemy. Bearing in mind that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, is there any "smoking gun" in the form of documents, eyewitness testimony recorded at the time, or guilt-wracked confessions, to indicate that whites ever really did attempt such a germical holocaust?

— Philip Torrens, Vancouver

Cecil replies:

A common reaction to this story is that it has to be folklore. Giving infected blankets to the Indians — why, that's awful! That's disgusting! That's … ethnic cleansing. Hmm. Maybe this story bears a closer look.

Fact is, on at least one occasion a high-ranking European considered infecting the Indians with smallpox as a tactic of war. I'm talking about Lord Jeffrey Amherst, commander of British forces in North America during the French and Indian War (1756-'63). Amherst and a subordinate discussed, apparently seriously, sending infected blankets to hostile tribes. What's more, we've got the documents to prove it, thanks to the enterprising research of Peter d'Errico, legal studies professor at the University of Massachusetts at (fittingly) Amherst. D'Errico slogged through hundreds of reels of microfilmed correspondence looking for the smoking gun, and he found it.

The exchange took place during Pontiac's Rebellion, which broke out after the war, in 1763. Forces led by Pontiac, a chief of the Ottawa who had been allied with the French, laid siege to the English at Fort Pitt.

According to historian Francis Parkman, Amherst first raised the possibility of giving the Indians infected blankets in a letter to Colonel Henry Bouquet, who would lead reinforcements to Fort Pitt. No copy of this letter has come to light, but we do know that Bouquet discussed the matter in a postscript to a letter to Amherst on July 13, 1763:

So in truth what you have presented is a claim that a British General wanted to do that....but no evidence that it was actually carried out..............nice try though.

Next!!! Step up to the plate. Do not be afraid of honest debate.

The blanket story was around for hundreds of years before Ward Churchill lol...you appear to be a born yesterday Foxetcbot...only reason ANYONE has heard of him...

Look dumbass a lot of falsehoods, rumors etc. have been around for hundreds of years....that does not make them true and is certainly no proof of anything.

Geeze....where do these idiots come from...oh my bad ...I forgot the local public school.

''There are historical references of deliberate transmission of smallpox from Europeans to Native Americans. In 1763, the British general Jeffrey Amherst gave blankets taken from infected corpses to deliberately infect nearby natives. Many legends of similar instances of intentional transmission exist throughout the contact period. Written documents indicate that many Europeans were using smallpox on their side ("It has pleased Our Lord to give the said people a pestilence of smallpox that does not cease…"). Consequently, many European explorers and traders received death threats from embittered victims and relatives of the deceased.''

''There are historical references of deliberate transmission of smallpox from Europeans to Native Americans. In 1763, the British general Jeffrey Amherst gave blankets taken from infected corpses to deliberately infect nearby natives. Many legends of similar instances of intentional transmission exist throughout the contact period. Written documents indicate that many Europeans were using smallpox on their side ("It has pleased Our Lord to give the said people a pestilence of smallpox that does not cease…"). Consequently, many European explorers and traders received death threats from embittered victims and relatives of the deceased.''

Look here Chump......try and keep up...or do you have a reading problem? The british general in the source you cite has already been dealt with and dismissed.....all he did was to claim in a letter that he would like to give the smallpox to the Indians....no evidence whatsoever that any blankets infected with smallpox was actually given to the indians......next time I suggest you actually read the source you post.

Geez....it has been said before but I will repeat it: This board needs a better class of liberal....these guys are tooooo easy...like shooting fish in a barrel.

Next!!!!!

Look dumbass a lot of falsehoods, rumors etc. have been around for hundreds of years....that does not make them true and is certainly no proof of anything.

Geeze....where do these idiots come from...oh my bad ...I forgot the local public school.

I bet you are one of those people when the subject of WWII comes up wistfully says things like "if Germany had only done this or that they could have won. History revisionism by conservative types is like that, almost like a hobby to perfect the practice of world domination.

''On June 29, 1763, a week after the siege began, Bouquet was preparing to lead an expedition to relieve Fort Pitt when he received a letter from Amherst making the following proposal: "Could it not be contrived to Send the Small Pox among those Disaffected Tribes of Indians? We must, on this occasion, Use Every Stratagem in our power to Reduce them."[1]
Bouquet agreed, writing back to Amherst on July 13, 1763: "I will try to inocculate the Indians by means of Blankets that may fall in their hands, taking care however not to get the disease myself."[2] Amherst responded favorably on July 16, 1763: "You will Do well to try to Innoculate the Indians by means of Blanketts, as well as to try Every other method that can serve to Extirpate this Execreble Race."[3]
As it turned out, however, officers at the besieged Fort Pitt had already exposed the Indians in just the manner Amherst and Bouquet were discussing. During a parley at Fort Pitt on June 24, 1763, Captain Simeon Ecuyer gave representatives of the besieging Delawares two blankets and a handkerchief from the smallpox ward "out of regard to them" after the Delawares pledged to renew their friendship.[4] While the exact meaning of his phrase was unclear, a later invoice appears to clearly establish the purpose was transmittal of smallpox.[5]''
Siege of Fort Pitt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By this time, any rational person would believe germ warfare was used. And no one cares about Ward Churchill but ignorant Fox/Rushbots...

Wounded Knee was not about diseases.

You seem like a decent fellow and I really hate to embarass you...but...........I must insist on the truth, the real truth, and nothing but the truth. Thus I must strip away that 'myth' you are obsessed with.......................>>>>>>>The Battle of Wounded Knee (1890): Stripping Away the Myth

Do you always use proof from people that can't spell???

Wounded Knee was about subjugation and disarming the Indians. Yet, the US cavalry decided they needed to kill children also, and they won medals of honor...

Last edited:

I bet you are one of those people when the subject of WWII comes up wistfully says things like "if Germany had only done this or that they could have won. History revisionism by conservative types is like that, almost like a hobby to perfect the practice of world domination.

Look Here Jackass..........anyone can come on here and name call or try and demonize their fellow antagonist....that is not legitimate debate and although this board allows such nonsense.....it does nothing to help your case or claim that blankets infected with smallpox was given to American Indidians.

Deal Wid Dat Chump. heh heh

This betrayal of Christ in the name of Christianity is one reason for the moral and spiritual malaise with which this country is afflicted.

Christ seemed to have no problem with the slaughter of the natives to establish this nation....

The vast majority of deaths by Native Americans was not due to slaughter but disease.

So this "disease"....it created the reservations, too? And the native Americans went voluntarily to these reservations sort of like tuberculosis patients would go to into sanatoriums?

....next illiterate and uneducated right winger......

Wounded Knee was not about diseases.

You seem like a decent fellow and I really hate to embarass you...but...........I must insist on the truth, the real truth, and nothing but the truth. Thus I must strip away that 'myth' you are obsessed with.......................>>>>>>>The Battle of Wounded Knee (1890): Stripping Away the Myth

Do you always use proof from people that can't spell???

Oh Geez now he wants to play the spelling card.

Look here chump....even Einstein was a poor speller>>>>11 historical figures who were really bad at spelling - The Week

oh something else....some people actually make typoes.....duh

This betrayal of Christ in the name of Christianity is one reason for the moral and spiritual malaise with which this country is afflicted.

Christ seemed to have no problem with the slaughter of the natives to establish this nation....

The vast majority of deaths by Native Americans was not due to slaughter but disease.

The US government, which took blankets off the beds of soldiers dying from smallpox, and gave them to the Indians, might have had something to do with that.

Next....I am not quitting until I have run every lame ass liberal off this thread. heh heh

Forum List

Back