The debt limit!

If Republicans could show some fiscal responsibilities while they control the pursestrings, we could take them seriously.

But they wait till Dems are in control and then demand slashes in social spending.

Holding the Debt Limit hostage is a nonstarter. Dems should call their bluff
Republicans always cave and democrats don't. Of course, this is a new breed of Republican that seems to have cajones for a change. They may actually get some concessions.

If Republicans could show some fiscal responsibility while they control the pursestrings, we could take them seriously.

But they wait till Dems are in control and then demand slashes in social spending.

Holding the Debt Limit hostage is a nonstarter. Dems should call their bluff
Totally agree, the Republicans need to be called out.

Republicans always cave and democrats don't. Of course, this is a new breed of Republican that seems to have cajones for a change. They may actually get some concessions.
Republicans cave on defaulting on our debt because they are wrong and understand the grave consequences……and that they will take the blame

Republicans cave on defaulting on our debt because they are wrong and understand the grave consequences……and that they will take the blame
They are just posturing to get the publics attention on reckless spending but in the end, they will get more pork added, get a few special favors and okay raising The debt. It give the appearance that they care, both parties do it quite well.

They are just posturing to get the publics attention on reckless spending but in the end, they will get more pork added, get a few special favors and okay raising The debt. It give the appearance that they care, both parties do it quite well.

Republicans lost the vote on the FY23 budget which approved spending.

So now that they control the House, they are threatening to default on the debt to force a do-over

That's the democrat game, set it all up so they can throw mud. And they do it EVERY time a Republican even mentions cutting spending. Out come the throw Grandma off the cliff lies again.

The time to cut spending is when the annual budget is debated.

When you don’t get what you want, holding the debt limit hostage is not a solution.

In my view, democrats try to help individuals, republicans help corporations.

Actually Democrats help themselves and Republicans help the country. Didn't you ever read any stories about what's in their bills? Loaded with pork and vote buying. They do things for their constituents to stay in power, and to hell with the rest of the country.

Republicans lost the vote on the FY23 budget which approved spending.

So now that they control the House, they are threatening to default on the debt to force a do-over
Threatening, exactly what I said, it’s posturing to get some concessions in the Senate. They do this all the time.

Tough to say when the party has the MSM printing anything they want them to print. When was the last time the government shutdown or threatened to shutdown did the MSM ever blame Democrats?

The time to cut spending is when the annual budget is debated.

When you don’t get what you want, holding the debt limit hostage is not a solution.
It's part of the game. Debt limit increases are the ONLY time democrats can be forced to concede on ANY spending.

"“The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”
So, Obama never slept while he was in office?

A far cry and miles away from what the lying, orange retard claimed.

"“The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”
So, Obama never slept while he was in office?

A far cry and miles away from what the lying, orange retard claimed.

You'd have to take that up with him. I just posted evidence that said he would not take vacations which you claimed were false.

Actually Democrats help themselves and Republicans help the country.
By giving corporate tax cuts?

April 4 2019
Companies in the S&P 500 spent $806 billion on stock buybacks in 2018, blowing away the previous record of nearly $590 billion set in 2007. The information technology and financial service sectors were the biggest spenders, with Apple leading the pack. When share prices plunged in the fourth quarter it only encouraged companies to spend more, setting a fourth consecutive quarterly record for buybacks.

Bush corporate tax cuts, spent on stocks.
Trump corporate tax cuts, spent on stocks.
Didn't you ever read any stories about what's in their bills? Loaded with pork and vote buying. They do things for their constituents to stay in power, and to hell with the rest of the country.
That's what republicans claim all the time.

Projection at it's worse.
They're gerrymandered district proposals, get thrown out of court.
Republican's make voting harder, cutting poll locations, cutting hours of operation, if republicans don't like the outcome of an election, their legislators get to pick the winner.

Forum List

Back