The debt limit!

The brief span Trump was in gave people the ability to get a FACTORY JOB WITHOUT HAVING TO KNOW SOMEBODY ! You did not have to have a friend or family to get you an application to get in .. The last time you could walk into a plant and get hired was before Vietnam war ended. But no problem as most young people today are too important to waste their lives as a "WAGE SLAVE".

The Left stopped Trump vetting Chinese coming in from Wuhan, they called him a xenophobe.

Covid is a Deep State ( The Nework) operation and Trump was in their way. Trump said that "They are not after Me, they are After You,,,Im just in their way"

Joe Biden is your GOD,,,,,,who else is trying to stop a war in Ukraine That TRUMP obviously started. Who else FORGAVE your student loan debt ???? Who else doubled gasoline prices in order to save the Tsetse fly in the Amazon ? BIDEN Who else has the best economy during the last 40 years ??? Joe our Savior ! Yay joe, you got my vote in 2024.

Lying POS. My brother applied at Goodyear in Akron Ohio and didn't know anyone. Was hired in 3 weeks in 2015. Why do you lie so much?

Preparing to ‘play chicken’ with default: Understanding Republicans’ ‘debt limit terror’​

The United States is the only major industrial nation with a debt ceiling. America’s debt ceiling, moreover, applies only to budgetary appropriations that have already been made; it has no impact on future spending or borrowing. Indeed, as one legal scholar has argued, since legislation passed by Congress and signed by the president implicitly authorizes the U.S. Treasury to spend the money necessary to implement it, a separate requirement to increase the accrued debt creates the possibility of default, and may therefore be unconstitutional.

In any event, although debates about the national debt have become increasingly partisan, Congress and the president have agreed to increase the debt ceiling over 100 times since World War II. The debt limit has also been “suspended” — a distinction, made for political reasons, without a substantive difference — seven times. The debt ceiling was raised three times while Donald Trump was President. In 2019, when Congress suspended the debt ceiling until July 2021, Trump exulted that the agreement was “phenomenal.” The ceiling has been raised twice with Joe Biden in the White House.

We can't worry about the debt, Biden has one more time to raise the debt. If if's good for tramp why not make it good for Biden.
If anyone really cared about the debt ceiling, they would take steps immediately after raising it to make sure it doesn't have to go up again. They don't because it's a political tool. Republicans use it to force democrats to make concessions in the spending they want, and democrats use it in an attempt to scare granny that she's going to be pushed off the cliff again.

Too bad.
I'm not like republicans, who seem to defend their leaders, actions and words, in lockstep.
There is plenty I disagree with Biden on, but NOT enough for me vote for a republican.
I am not like a Republican or Democrat, I believe in cutting the debt and raising taxes on everyone. I believe in ending all corporate welfare and I won’t vote the hypocritical Democrats or the hypocritical Republicans because I’m not going to see change by voting for either party.

No, the criticism comes from the lies.

"I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done," Trump said to the Hill in June 2015, the month he launched his presidential campaign. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off."

Trump said last August that if he became president, he wouldn’t have time for golf. “I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go play golf,” he said at an event in Virginia.

And hypocrisy.

“President Barack Obama’s vacation is costing taxpayers millions of dollars — unbelievable!” he wrote in one of many tweets criticizing Obama for taking a trip.

“Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf. Worse than Carter,” Trump said in 2014.
And your Messiah Barry Hussein said he would be working so hard he wouldn’t take a vacation.

How did that work out, Simp?

“The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”

That's crazy, EVERY president did that.
They don't mean it literally.
No president has ever NOT taken a phone call from the office, while on vacation.
Every president is on call, 24/7.
Obama never criticized any president for taking vacations, Trump did.
So did Barry live up to his promise to not take any vacations?

Yeah, the rich and corporations tax breaks were in the millions, of $$$.
Individuals, got hundreds.
Corporations and the rich tax breaks are permanent.
Individual's tax breaks expire in 2 years.

But you stated Trump did.

Trump sure speculated a lot, when is Mexico making that deposit into the US treasury?

"“When is the FBI going to raid the many homes of Joe Biden, perhaps even the White House? These documents were definitely not declassified,” Trump said on his Truth Social account, sharing an article on the document discovery from CBS News.

NO, it wasn't.
STILL...... waiting on Trump's healthcare plan.
One day, it will magically...........appear?

Then you worked for one shitty employer.

Yeah, you would.
Weird how the “rich” ended up paying a larger portion of the total income tax bill after the Trump tax cuts, huh?

Why are Republicans only concerned with the debt limit when Democrats are President?
Conservatives hate the way republicans spend. The better question is why do democrats always want to spend more? Normally, the dems want something like 3 trillion, and the republicans knock it down to 1.7 and act like they are helping.

Conservatives hate the way republicans spend. The better question is why do democrats always want to spend more? Normally, the dems want something like 3 trillion, and the republicans knock it down to 1.7 and act like they are helping.

Democrats tax and spend
Republicans cut taxes and spend

Democrats tax and spend
Republicans cut taxes and spend
Of course, and we lose both ways. The republicans are hypocrites who let conservatives down over and over. Democrats on the other hand are just delusional. They think they can harvest money from rich people who are supposed to be like Leprechauns and spend unlimited amounts of money. That is just nuts. Democrats just make things harder for working people and pat themselves on the back because they think they are helping. Sick.

Yes they do, in other words, if you want to keep those tax breaks, vote Republican.
Not a chance in hell, they're criminals.
This is a common political strategy. How much do you think it would have cost us to give every tax payer millions in tax cuts? Before covid, we had over a million more jobs than Americans who could work them, and tax cuts for businesses were part of that success.
No, they weren't.

April 14 2019
Companies in the S&P 500 spent $806 billion on stock buybacks in 2018, blowing away the previous record of nearly $590 billion set in 2007. The information technology and financial service sectors were the biggest spenders, with Apple leading the pack.
When share prices plunged in the fourth quarter it only encouraged companies to spend more, setting a fourth consecutive quarterly record for buybacks.

The practice has come under scrutiny by members of Congress, who criticized companies for using their extra tax benefits to boost the value of their own shares instead of investing in outside growth or their workers.
No, I was talking about Dementia. My quote:
So was I.
Nobody really cares except TDS'rs. The rest of us are happy he was able to erect more than 460 miles of replacement and new barriers. There would have been much more if Dementia didn't stop the wall construction on his first day in office.
The wall is as useless as Trump is.

Government maintenance records reportedly reveal the border wall built and championed by former President Donald Trump has been breached more than 3,000 times by smugglers.

The "big, beautiful wall", as Trump called it, spans nearly 500 miles of the United States/Mexico border.

According to the Washington Post, which obtained the government maintenance records, most smugglers were able to breach the wall using common power tools anyone could find at any hardware store.

ddbe2bad-b2bf-42de-a296-cac78f569afe-AP21155677620634.jpg

Again, what does that have to do with what Dementia said after the Mar-A-Lago raid?
That's what Trump said.
You already lost the debate when your only defense to everything is "But Trump! But Trump! But Trump!"
You're the one who brought up dementia, I didn't.
Yes it was, it was a huge lie. Trust me, I signed up for it.
Too bad everyone didn't, who didn't have employer based insurance.
Thanks to republicans, they wanted it to fail.
If an employer has 100 employees and only 15 sign up for it, the employer isn't going to continue providing insurance.
They have no reasonable plans for my health provider, the world famous Cleveland Clinic. Try it yourself. Only one company sold plans, and they wanted a policy for every sector of the institution. I couldn't afford over a half-dozen plans and my crystal ball wasn't working to tell me which department I would be needing services from in the future.

The other plans came with a $7,000 out of pocket and a $7,000 deductible. Why have any insurance at all? It was pure garbage.
Then so did millions of other Americans because many small companies dropped their coverage. After Commie Care officially started, my employers healthcare premiums went up 30%.
Sure, that was just an excuse to shift the entire burden to the employee.
A lot of companies did that, should have found another employer, many people did just that.
He simply couldn't afford it any longer.
Compared to Trump's big, beautiful, affordable "healthcare plan"?

Nationally, the unsubsidized premium for the lowest-cost bronze plan is increasing an average of 17% between 2017 and 2018, the lowest-cost silver plan is increasing an average of 32%, and the lowest-cost gold plan is increasing an average of 18% (Table 1). These average increases are weighted by the number of plan selections by county in 2017 (see Methods). Premiums for silver plans are rising much more than those for bronze or gold plans because in many states insurers loaded the cost from the termination of the cost-sharing reduction payments entirely on the silver tier.

Premiums are rising significantly in many counties across the country, in part due to the decision of the Trump Administration to cease payments to insurers for cost-sharing reductions. Insurer participation also declined in many areas, leaving more counties with only one insurer, which likely contributed to the high rate of premium growth.

I am not like a Republican or Democrat, I believe in cutting the debt and raising taxes on everyone. I believe in ending all corporate welfare and I won’t vote the hypocritical Democrats or the hypocritical Republicans because I’m not going to see change by voting for either party.
I vote with my wallet and my wallet has always been fatter when a democrat is in office.

Forum List

Back