The Democrat message

What is the Democrats agenda for 2018?
Healthcare reform and a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage!

I worked my way thru school-------starting at age 14----I worked.......50 cents an hour as a baby sitter and
later on 1,25 an hour as a "sales girl" and clerk in a hospital on the weekend. -------I was DAMNED
stingy-----saved and saved and got thru college on that work-----some little scholarships and some loans.
My sense is that if the work I did DEMANDED $15 an hour-----that work WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED
for me. ---------all of my four brothers made it to Ph-d level-------starting out on minimum wage
jobs ad Mc DONALDS---------I do not believe that McDonalds can function on 15 dollars per hour
for every kid that needs a job. A high minimum wage keeps NEEDY KIDS out of the work force.
A very high minimum wage---------is not SO FANTASTIC an idea

I started at minimum wage jobs for $2 an hour and worked minimum wage for four years
On that minimum wage I paid for college tuition ($650 a year) by just working summers

At $7.25 an hour today, you can't do that

That is what minimum wage is supposed to do......give kids a start
Now they have to work crappy jobs and still borrow tens of thousands of dollars every year
They can if they live at home, get at least two years at community college, and take 6 years to get a bachelors.

The Democrats need to use 2018 to make Republicans responsible for their promises

No repeal of Obamacare, no wall, no balanced budget
All voters got out of Republicans was a $1.5 trillion gift to billionaires

2018 theme is "We warned you!"

The Democrats mission for 2018 is simple

Keep the pressure on Trump

He does not handle it well and with each developing crisis it is becoming more and more obvious that he is ill suited for the position he holds

Democrats in 2018 will run on a "We told you so" platform
Make Republicans either embrace or denounce Trump. They lose either way
Democrats need to remind voters of the unpopular stands Republicans have taken
Failing to provide a better healthcare system, a $1.5 trillion handout to billionaires, Deporting Dreamers and failing to build a wall, not balancing the budget. environmental giveaways, dismantling our national parks

Oh puh-leeeze ...

Everything you people throw at him backfires. Keep it up.

Doesn't seem that way
In spite of a strong economy, cheap gas and no wars, Trump struggles at 37% approval

Also, The Easter Bunny will be here soon. [/QUOTE]

I worked my way thru school-------starting at age 14----I worked.......50 cents an hour as a baby sitter and
later on 1,25 an hour as a "sales girl" and clerk in a hospital on the weekend. -------I was DAMNED
stingy-----saved and saved and got thru college on that work-----some little scholarships and some loans.
My sense is that if the work I did DEMANDED $15 an hour-----that work WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED
for me. ---------all of my four brothers made it to Ph-d level-------starting out on minimum wage
jobs ad Mc DONALDS---------I do not believe that McDonalds can function on 15 dollars per hour
for every kid that needs a job. A high minimum wage keeps NEEDY KIDS out of the work force.

I started at minimum wage jobs for $2 an hour and worked minimum wage for four years
On that minimum wage I paid for college tuition ($650 a year) by just working summers

Now they have to work crappy jobs and still borrow tens of thousands of dollars every year
They can if they live at home, get at least two years at community college, and take 6 years to get a bachelors.

So kids have to give up two years of their working life just because we won't raise minimum wage
A gift to employers. Two years of your working life so they can make more profit

I worked one minimum wage job for six months, my first job. Never worked for minimum wage again.

He does not handle it well and with each developing crisis it is becoming more and more obvious that he is ill suited for the position he holds

Failing to provide a better healthcare system, a $1.5 trillion handout to billionaires, Deporting Dreamers and failing to build a wall, not balancing the budget. environmental giveaways, dismantling our national parks

Oh puh-leeeze ...

Doesn't seem that way
In spite of a strong economy, cheap gas and no wars, Trump struggles at 37% approval

Also, The Easter Bunny will be here soon.
[/QUOTE]

Trump needs something

He will not get re-elected on his charm

So kids have to give up two years of their working life just because we won't raise minimum wage
A gift to employers. Two years of your working life so they can make more profit

Perhaps. But perhaps by making an education something they actually have to work for, rather than is given to them, perhaps they'll get degrees that make them employable. And the reason we could pay tuition by working min wage in summer was because we taxed the more wealthy more for higher education, and in my case, my father sent me money for rent, and I could make enough working part time to sustain myself (and buy pot and beer!)

I worked one minimum wage job for six months, my first job. Never worked for minimum wage again.

I am proud of you

Oh puh-leeeze ...

Doesn't seem that way

Trump needs something

He will not get re-elected on his charm[/QUOTE]

Indeed, he is not Obama.

He will be re-elected on his accomplishments, which are already myriad.

Perhaps. But perhaps by making an education something they actually have to work for, rather than is given to them, perhaps they'll get degrees that make them employable. And the reason we could pay tuition by working min wage in summer was because we taxed the more wealthy more for higher education, and in my case, my father sent me money for rent, and I could make enough working part time to sustain myself (and buy pot and beer!)

I was in a similar situation. I went to school with many kids whose daddy paid their way. They goofed off, changed majors often and didn't care if they graduated
I worked summers to pay my tuition and didn't spend a dime frivolously
But I was able to pay my way through college on that $2 an hour wage

That is what minimum wage should do. Let you get started in life without going into massive debt

Employers plead poverty while those low wage workers have to take out loans to give them higher profits

Oh puh-leeeze ...

Doesn't seem that way

Trump needs something

Indeed, he is not Obama.

He will be re-elected on his accomplishments, which are already myriad.[/QUOTE]

I hope that is what he runs on
Last time he ran on his promises
This time he will have to run on why they weren't filled

I was in a similar situation. I went to school with many kids whose daddy paid their way. They goofed off, changed majors often and didn't care if they graduated

That is what minimum wage should do. Let you get started in life without going into massive debt

Employers plead poverty while those low wage workers have to take out loans to give them higher profits

I think I got more than min wage in summer, but I was working labor in bulding and residential moving. I worked min wage during the school year.

I last worked in a college town back in 1990, but there were very few private employers hiring students. But then back in the 70s I worked at fast food and part time as a janitor and office workers. I think those jobs are long gone because there's just too much competition and not enough jobs now. Although there are public universities in urban areas.

My daughter just finished her bachelors last year, and there was no work off campus. She had work study for life guarding and working in a child development center. But she was in a private liberal arts college, and Trump just killed aid by making endowments taxable.

Hold Trump accountable for treason, and prepare a new version of the ACA without any of the GOP proposed amendments for passage in 2020.

Also, stop Trump from the multiple wars he wants to start.
Where?

Oh puh-leeeze ...

Doesn't seem that way

Trump needs something

Indeed, he is not Obama.

This time he will have to run on why they weren't filled[/QUOTE]

Too funny. Not keeping up with current events, eh?

Go to any minimum-wage fast food restaurant. Median age of the workers is about 40.

Doesn't seem that way

Trump needs something

Indeed, he is not Obama.

This time he will have to run on why they weren't filled

Too funny. Not keeping up with current events, eh?[/QUOTE]

LOL

Let Trump run on his tax cut for billionaires (himself)

Go to any minimum-wage fast food restaurant. Median age of the workers is about 40.

Is that supposed to be good?

Forum List

Back