The Democrat message

They can if they live at home, get at least two years at community college, and take 6 years to get a bachelors.

So kids have to give up two years of their working life just because we won't raise minimum wage
A gift to employers. Two years of your working life so they can make more profit

Perhaps. But perhaps by making an education something they actually have to work for, rather than is given to them, perhaps they'll get degrees that make them employable. And the reason we could pay tuition by working min wage in summer was because we taxed the more wealthy more for higher education, and in my case, my father sent me money for rent, and I could make enough working part time to sustain myself (and buy pot and beer!)

I was in a similar situation. I went to school with many kids whose daddy paid their way. They goofed off, changed majors often and didn't care if they graduated
I worked summers to pay my tuition and didn't spend a dime frivolously
But I was able to pay my way through college on that $2 an hour wage

That is what minimum wage should do. Let you get started in life without going into massive debt

Employers plead poverty while those low wage workers have to take out loans to give them higher profits

Go to any minimum-wage fast food restaurant. Median age of the workers is about 40.

Is that supposed to be good?

It blows your story about getting started in life at the hamburger joint. Illegals have taken all the jobs that used to go to teenagers to learn business skills so they could move along.

These people have no skills, and the work isn't worth $15.00 per hour.

So kids have to give up two years of their working life just because we won't raise minimum wage
A gift to employers. Two years of your working life so they can make more profit

Perhaps. But perhaps by making an education something they actually have to work for, rather than is given to them, perhaps they'll get degrees that make them employable. And the reason we could pay tuition by working min wage in summer was because we taxed the more wealthy more for higher education, and in my case, my father sent me money for rent, and I could make enough working part time to sustain myself (and buy pot and beer!)

I was in a similar situation. I went to school with many kids whose daddy paid their way. They goofed off, changed majors often and didn't care if they graduated

That is what minimum wage should do. Let you get started in life without going into massive debt

Employers plead poverty while those low wage workers have to take out loans to give them higher profits

Go to any minimum-wage fast food restaurant. Median age of the workers is about 40.

It blows your story about getting started in life at the hamburger joint. Illegals have taken all the jobs that used to go to teenagers to learn business skills so they could move along.

I didn't say hamburger joint, I said minimum wage job
I worked them for four years while I paid my way through college

You didn't exactly make it to college did you?

Make America Sane Again

“Masa” ....sounds like a Democrat classic.

please-massa-let-me-eat.jpg

Minimum wage = minimum wage. Same-same.

Don't you worry yourself about my level of education.

Minimum wage = minimum wage. Same-same.

Don't you worry yourself about my level of education.

I could tell you never had to pay your way through college

Barely made it through High School right?

The Democrats need to use 2018 to make Republicans responsible for their promises

No repeal of Obamacare, no wall, no balanced budget
All voters got out of Republicans was a $1.5 trillion gift to billionaires

2018 theme is "We warned you!"

So you're going to campaign on we need a wall, a balanced budget and to repeal obamacare?

this is really your campaign?

I worked my way thru school-------starting at age 14----I worked.......50 cents an hour as a baby sitter and
later on 1,25 an hour as a "sales girl" and clerk in a hospital on the weekend. -------I was DAMNED
stingy-----saved and saved and got thru college on that work-----some little scholarships and some loans.
My sense is that if the work I did DEMANDED $15 an hour-----that work WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED
for me. ---------all of my four brothers made it to Ph-d level-------starting out on minimum wage
jobs ad Mc DONALDS---------I do not believe that McDonalds can function on 15 dollars per hour
for every kid that needs a job. A high minimum wage keeps NEEDY KIDS out of the work force.
A very high minimum wage---------is not SO FANTASTIC an idea

I started at minimum wage jobs for $2 an hour and worked minimum wage for four years
On that minimum wage I paid for college tuition ($650 a year) by just working summers

At $7.25 an hour today, you can't do that

That is what minimum wage is supposed to do......give kids a start
Now they have to work crappy jobs and still borrow tens of thousands of dollars every year
They can if they live at home, get at least two years at community college, and take 6 years to get a bachelors.

Are you kidding?
that's not what min wage is....
to not allow you to go into debt? uh........you cant control if people are stupid
and college....why are we not trying to price control the colleges like you want to do business?
college has gone up so much......you know why? student loans....now people don't care about the cost, it's kinda like medicare.......same principal.

What is the Democrats agenda for 2018?
Healthcare reform and a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage!

I worked my way thru school-------starting at age 14----I worked.......50 cents an hour as a baby sitter and
later on 1,25 an hour as a "sales girl" and clerk in a hospital on the weekend. -------I was DAMNED
stingy-----saved and saved and got thru college on that work-----some little scholarships and some loans.
My sense is that if the work I did DEMANDED $15 an hour-----that work WOULD NOT HAVE EXISTED
for me. ---------all of my four brothers made it to Ph-d level-------starting out on minimum wage
jobs ad Mc DONALDS---------I do not believe that McDonalds can function on 15 dollars per hour
for every kid that needs a job. A high minimum wage keeps NEEDY KIDS out of the work force.
A very high minimum wage---------is not SO FANTASTIC an idea
Under true capitalism, there is no unemployment, only underpayment.

The Democrats need to use 2018 to make Republicans responsible for their promises

No repeal of Obamacare, no wall, no balanced budget
All voters got out of Republicans was a $1.5 trillion gift to billionaires

2018 theme is "We warned you!"

So you're going to campaign on we need a wall, a balanced budget and to repeal obamacare?

this is really your campaign?
No.....we are going to campaign on Republicans let you down and let the country down

The Democrats mission for 2018 is simple

Keep the pressure on Trump

He does not handle it well and with each developing crisis it is becoming more and more obvious that he is ill suited for the position he holds

Democrats in 2018 will run on a "We told you so" platform
Make Republicans either embrace or denounce Trump. They lose either way
Democrats need to remind voters of the unpopular stands Republicans have taken
Failing to provide a better healthcare system, a $1.5 trillion handout to billionaires, Deporting Dreamers and failing to build a wall, not balancing the budget. environmental giveaways, dismantling our national parks

Oh puh-leeeze ...

Everything you people throw at him backfires. Keep it up.

Doesn't seem that way
In spite of a strong economy, cheap gas and no wars, Trump struggles at 37% approval
His administration where he vowed to select "the best people" is crumbling as key staff continues to quit or be fired
The Stink of Russia still presides over his administration
Flynn, Manafort, Kushner and Lil Donnie appear headed for prison
Our international status has crumbled

"cheap gas"???? where? can you name the gas station?
Americans grew accustomed to paying over $3 a gallon for gas
$2.50 is still cheap

Yet they continue to give poor rating to our President
It was around two dollars an hour before the right wing decided it was more profitable to intervene in the Middle East.

Would anyone have voted republican, if they had told us we would be paying for it through price inflation for fuel.

I started at minimum wage jobs for $2 an hour and worked minimum wage for four years
On that minimum wage I paid for college tuition ($650 a year) by just working summers

At $7.25 an hour today, you can't do that

That is what minimum wage is supposed to do......give kids a start
Now they have to work crappy jobs and still borrow tens of thousands of dollars every year

Are you kidding?
that's not what min wage is....
to not allow you to go into debt? uh........you cant control if people are stupid
and college....why are we not trying to price control the colleges like you want to do business?
college has gone up so much......you know why? student loans....now people don't care about the cost, it's kinda like medicare.......same principal.
What minimum wage isn't

A wage where employers cannot exploit low skilled workers while society has to make up the difference so they can survive

The Democrats mission for 2018 is simple

Keep the pressure on Trump

He does not handle it well and with each developing crisis it is becoming more and more obvious that he is ill suited for the position he holds

Democrats in 2018 will run on a "We told you so" platform
Make Republicans either embrace or denounce Trump. They lose either way
Democrats need to remind voters of the unpopular stands Republicans have taken
Failing to provide a better healthcare system, a $1.5 trillion handout to billionaires, Deporting Dreamers and failing to build a wall, not balancing the budget. environmental giveaways, dismantling our national parks

Oh puh-leeeze ...

Everything you people throw at him backfires. Keep it up.

Doesn't seem that way
In spite of a strong economy, cheap gas and no wars, Trump struggles at 37% approval
His administration where he vowed to select "the best people" is crumbling as key staff continues to quit or be fired
The Stink of Russia still presides over his administration
Flynn, Manafort, Kushner and Lil Donnie appear headed for prison
Our international status has crumbled

"cheap gas"???? where? can you name the gas station?
Americans grew accustomed to paying over $3 a gallon for gas
$2.50 is still cheap

Yet they continue to give poor rating to our President
It was around two dollars an hour before the right wing decided it was more profitable to intervene in the Middle East.

Would anyone have voted republican, if they had told us we would be paying for it through price inflation for fuel.
No question Obamagas was cheaper

Hold Trump accountable for treason, and prepare a new version of the ACA without any of the GOP proposed amendments for passage in 2020.

Also, stop Trump from the multiple wars he wants to start.

What wars????

Obama and Clinton loved to start wars......and threaten and then not do anything like a pussy.
Funny. You never mentioned Bush's three wars.

Please tells us what wars Obama and Clinton started which compare to Bush's wars.

Make America Sane Again

It'll be a referendum on Trump, that's it.

That could be enough.

Avatar, you and I both know that Democrats........no......far Leftists who have taken over control of the Democratic party, can NOT use their agenda.

What they have to do is...............make Trump bad.........then make it a referendum on Trump.

The question isn't what they will run on, but rather.........what will they do if they win! They only want to talk about that, as long as it is not about borders, or sanctuary cities, or taxes.

This is one thing I can tell you, and I have no doubt it is accurate---------->

What have the Republicans and Trump done? If you listen to the Left, besides taxes, absolutely NOTHING!

But, what will the Leftists do if they regain power in congress?

The Trump agenda is DOA, period! And, they will send bill after bill to Trump, for a veto. The will of the congress will turn leftwards for sure, and everything that was possible will become, FORGET ABOUT IT!

The Republicans have nobody but themselves to blame if this happens. It is not Democratic voters will overwhelm them, but rather.......Republican/conservative voters are going to stay home in disgust with their inactivity. These current people in office, are the poster children of why some posters on here claim.......there is no difference between a D and an R, they are BOTH cowards.

I disagree with them. The Ds are not cowards, they know what they want, and unless the Rs do something, they are going to get it!

Forum List

Back