The Diference between Republicans and Democrats again is...

Excellent points, but Clinton spending vs Bush spending? Here's an interesting article:
Articles: A Balanced Approach: Tax like Bush, Spend like Clinton

That was a point that the OP seemed to be supporting. Bush can in to fix the spending and then proceeded to ‘fix’ it by spending more than Clinton ever dreamed. The left here should be supportive of Bush, he followed all their standard plugs – expanded spending, entitlements and government in general. Of course, they ARE supportive of Bush policies now that they are ‘Obama’s’ policies but that is another issue altogether…

By the way, it is rather funny to see the Medicare expansion complained about here by the dems. The height of hypocrisy.

Liberals don't support hooking up corporations to the taxpayer's tit. THAT is exactly what Medicare D is. I still recall Ted Kennedy arguing on the floor of the Senate that the bill should allow negotiating drug prices like the Veterans Administration. But Bush FORBID it.

Liberals believe in PAYING FOR what they spend. Research PAYGO, then see how many Republicans voted for it.

Correction, liberals believe in other people paying for what they spend.

That was a point that the OP seemed to be supporting. Bush can in to fix the spending and then proceeded to ‘fix’ it by spending more than Clinton ever dreamed. The left here should be supportive of Bush, he followed all their standard plugs – expanded spending, entitlements and government in general. Of course, they ARE supportive of Bush policies now that they are ‘Obama’s’ policies but that is another issue altogether…

By the way, it is rather funny to see the Medicare expansion complained about here by the dems. The height of hypocrisy.

Liberals don't support hooking up corporations to the taxpayer's tit. THAT is exactly what Medicare D is. I still recall Ted Kennedy arguing on the floor of the Senate that the bill should allow negotiating drug prices like the Veterans Administration. But Bush FORBID it.

Liberals believe in PAYING FOR what they spend. Research PAYGO, then see how many Republicans voted for it.

Correction: parrot squawk is mimicking, not thinking.

Just the facts, and remember, liberals infect both sides of the aisle.

Here are the FACTS; hooking corporations up to the taxpayer's tit IS "other people paying for what they spend"

Care to try an adult approach next time? Or you could continue to be a mindless parrot. It's up to you...

I can't remember, what's the difference between both your pathetic parties again?

In practice, not a thing Kaz, they're just two brands of statists carnivores, jackals and hyenas, they're only differentiated by their rhetoric.

It's one of the reasons why I have to question the sanity of anybody that thinks they're going to be able to turn Washington into some sort of benevolent entity via the political process, it's like attempting to turn the Mafia into a virtuous organization by installing a new Don. The two major parties are there to distract the masses with bread and circuses while they exploit and manipulate them, the sooner the hyper-partisans realize it the sooner they can get on with doing something productive with their time & energy.

"The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Here are the FACTS; hooking corporations up to the taxpayer's tit IS "other people paying for what they spend"

Care to try an adult approach next time? Or you could continue to be a mindless parrot. It's up to you...

lol says the person who is so blinded by partisanship that they parrot the party line in every single post, with few exceptions.

FTR I'm against the taxpayer carrying the water for anyone, corporations, individuals, or anything else.

Disclaimer: I'm referring to people with their health before you jump that deflection.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Excellent points, but Clinton spending vs Bush spending? Here's an interesting article:
with all of the spending that clinton did, were you better off financially under his spending or bush's spending ??? I know I was better off financially under clinton ... also under clintons spending, corporations were offering you huge somes of money to come and work for them ... where under bush it was hard for you to find a job that would pay worth a damn... so you tell us whose better off .... you under clintions spending or you under bush's spending

Kidding me right? Bill Clinton and the gang signed Nafta into play, in which wrecked the American economy, and caused the American government along with the American corporations to lay down with the very thing that this nation had fought against forever and a day now (COMMUNISM), or to lay down with communist governments who will work their people like slaves out of sight of average everyday Americans, who then buy their products on the shelves at Wal-Mart's, and for whom in turn uses that money to drive out the small mom and pop's stores everyway that they could (killing the middle class in America). Then we have the democrats under Obama wanting to hire communist and every other radical that one can think of, and to stick them in the administration with them so they could fundamentally change America into what they want, but then came the huge push back, causing Obama to abandon some of his radicalism until a future date. Obama is helping the rebels in the world to do the same thing he wants done here, and that is to defeat whom he thinks is his enemy, and whomever they are that disagrees with him, and so he has taken this nation to war in ways that has gotten Americans killed to their surprise (Libya), and then Egypt explodes next when they finally figured out that they had been duped by the Muslim brotherhood, now Syria is in the cross hairs because they are fighting against who? You see that's just it, no one knows who we are fighting against or trying to help anymore or for whom the enemy really is anymore, because this administration is rubbing elbows with people that we always understood was our enemy, and yet they feel that it is us that is the enemy now instead of them that were always found in those whom we all always knew was the enemy of America. I mean just listen to Obama and his bunch talk or look at their actions anymore, especially among the blacks in this nation lately, so people just want to know what is going on in all of this social experimentation and agenda pushing for change that is going on in all of this, and where are we going from here next ? Bush got hit with the trade towers, and that placed his administration into a defensive mode until the end of his term, and yes it was a huge distraction for America, and became one in which was taken advantage of by those whom have a further agenda to not let a huge (good) crisis go to waste. We have been jumped by those whom are taking advantage of our weakness now, and they are exploiting it in everyway that they can, and that includes those who are in this administration currently. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Republican W came in to fix Slick Willy's spending orgy and then spent us into the ground, including adding a prescription drug welfare benefit to greatly expand Medicare and he raised Social Security taxes through the roof.

But W was getting us into all these military conflicts and Obama came in to fix that, so he finished Iraq according to W's timeline, expanded Afghanistan and has gotten us into more wars like Libya and now he's trying to get us into Syria.

I can't remember, what's the difference between both your pathetic parties again?

What's funnier is how you tell me I'm throwing my vote away by not voting for either of you. When you figure out how you're different, let me know.

seems you're a tad bit deranged ...
now for the difference ...
republicans will try their best to take every dime you have ... they will steel your retirement... they will take your health care away from you .... they will go war only to serve their corporate bosses needs ... while telling you this is the patriotic thing to do ... and lie about why you are going to war ....

democrats will make sure republicans give the money back they stole from you forcing them republicans to be fair .... Dems will give you a health care plan that doesn't cost you through the nose ... and dems will only go to war when evil is really challenging your way of life and not lie to you about it ...

Some things never change...

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They approve of social security benefits-so much so that they took them away from almost a million people. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They believe in international trade--so much so that they crippled our reciprocal trade program, and killed our International Wheat Agreement. They favor the admission of displaced persons--but only within shameful racial and religious limitations.They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They say TVA is wonderful--but we ought never to try it again. They condemn "cruelly high prices"--but fight to the death every effort to bring them down. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."
President Harry S. Truman - October 13, 1948
Now if possible with you, how about playing devils advocate on a few post, and write what you see wrong with the democrats, and you know that there is wrong in them also, so lets see what you got in this two sided OP in which we are all reading and writing upon supposedly in fairness of.

People are slowly coming to realize that the Republican Party is every bit as evil and Statist as the Dems

We had Dubya and a Republican Congress and instead of moving toward free enterprise and liberty we got Democrat solutions and then a successful terrorist attack just to keep us distracted.

I didnt want to believe it, but its fairly obvious that there's no way a bunch of sheepfuckers living in caves in Pashtun planned and executed 911 without a HUGE assist from our government. We were coming into an era of declining Federal spending, peace and prosperity and Voila we're off to war against some vague, faraway enemy

The Democrats have been body snatched by the Communists and want nothing less than to Detroitfy the entire USA

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz
People are slowly coming to realize that the Republican Party is every bit as evil and Statist as the Dems

We had Dubya and a Republican Congress and instead of moving toward free enterprise and liberty we got Democrat solutions and then a successful terrorist attack just to keep us distracted.

I didnt want to believe it, but its fairly obvious that there's no way a bunch pf sheepfuckers living in caves in Pashtun planned and executed 911 without a HUGE assist from our government. We were coming into an era of declining Federal spending, peace and prosperity and Voila we're off to war against some vague, faraway enemy

The Democrats have been body snatched by the Communists and want nothing less than to Detroitfy the entire USA

Bingo, the whole thing needs a major reset.

Republican W came in to fix Slick Willy's spending orgy and then spent us into the ground, including adding a prescription drug welfare benefit to greatly expand Medicare and he raised Social Security taxes through the roof.

But W was getting us into all these military conflicts and Obama came in to fix that, so he finished Iraq according to W's timeline, expanded Afghanistan and has gotten us into more wars like Libya and now he's trying to get us into Syria.

What's funnier is how you tell me I'm throwing my vote away by not voting for either of you. When you figure out how you're different, let me know.

We're at "war" with Libya? Since when?

with all of the spending that clinton did, were you better off financially under his spending or bush's spending ??? I know I was better off financially under clinton ... also under clintons spending, corporations were offering you huge somes of money to come and work for them ... where under bush it was hard for you to find a job that would pay worth a damn... so you tell us whose better off .... you under clintions spending or you under bush's spending

Kidding me right? Bill Clinton and the gang signed Nafta into play, in which wrecked the American economy, and caused the American government along with the American corporations to lay down with the very thing that this nation had fought against forever and a day now (COMMUNISM), or to lay down with communist governments who will work their people like slaves out of sight of average everyday Americans, who then buy their products on the shelves at Wal-Mart's, and for whom in turn uses that money to drive out the small mom and pop's stores everyway that they could (killing the middle class in America). Then we have the democrats under Obama wanting to hire communist and every other radical that one can think of, and to stick them in the administration with them so they could fundamentally change America into what they want, but then came the huge push back, causing Obama to abandon some of his radicalism until a future date. Obama is helping the rebels in the world to do the same thing he wants done here, and that is to defeat whom he thinks is his and whomever they are that agrees with him, their long time enemies, and so he has taken this nation to war in ways that has gotten Americans killed to their surprise (Libya), and then Egypt explodes when they finally figured out that they had been duped, now Syria is in the cross hairs because they are fighting against who? You see that's just it, no one knows who we are fighting against or trying to help anymore or for whom the enemy really is, because this administration is rubbing elbows with people that we always understood was our enemy, and yet they feel that it is us that is the enemy now instead of them that were always found in those whom we all always knew was the enemy of America ? I mean just listen to Obama and his bunch talk or look at their actions anymore, especially among the blacks in this nation lately, so people just want to know what is going on in all of this social experimentation and agenda pushing for change that is going on in all of this, and where are we going from here next ? Bush got hit with the trade towers, and that placed his administration into a defensive mode until the end of his term, and yes it was a huge distraction for America, and became one in which was taken advantage of by those whom have a further agenda to not let a huge (good) crisis go to waste. We have been jumped by those whom are taking advantage of our weakness now, and they are exploiting it in everyway that they can, and that includes those who are in this administration currently. :eusa_whistle:

how the stupid ones forget ... NAFTA was a Ronald Reagan Idea ... supported by George H.W. Bush, passed by the republican majority, then signed into law by Bill Clinton ... so lets be sure you get all the players in before you blame any one for something that had no real effect on jobs in the 1990's ... now that we got you straight on that bit of history ... you have know Idea in what you're talking about ....

BOY do you really have no Idea in what going on in our government that's why you're a repub-lie-tard

Bush got hit, that what cause it ???? hummm that's hysterical ... in 1999 the republican congress passed bill that was the down fall of the lending markets ... they passed a bill that allowed people to borrow money with less then a stellar credit application.... in 2003 the republicans passed again a bill "the american dreamdown" bill that put the nail in the coffin for the markets ... if you look long enough to find out what really happen instead of watching or listening to right wing propaganda, you would have know all of this ... what you're spewing is right wing talking points that had noting to do with the fall of the government .... it had everything to do with BUSH cutting taxes in 2001 that caused the mess we are in now ... but you're to stupid to realize that ... NAFTA BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now thats funny ....

Last edited:

I didnt want to believe it, but its fairly obvious that there's no way a bunch pf sheepfuckers living in caves in Pashtun planned and executed 911 without a HUGE assist from our government. We were coming into an era of declining Federal spending, peace and prosperity and Voila we're off to war against some vague, faraway enemy

you know when one reads your post one has to feel sorry for you ... how can one person be soooooooooooooooooo ignorant ... but then again you're repub-lie-tard who keep proving to us day in and day out how stupid they can be

here's what morons like you don't get about liberals/dems ... bush spent money on wars, and foolishness... that was not needed ... the money he spent went to corporations ... what your right wing nut cases don't seem to understand dems/liberals spent money that gives money back to the government by way of the taxes it generated by more people working ... that pays down the national debt ... the republican spend money that causes the national debt that's the difference you moron

Bingo, the whole thing needs a major reset.

what we need is more dems/liberals less stupid rep-lie-tards ... that way we can educate more people and have less stupid republicans voting ... less repub-lie-tards wreacking the country

seems you're a tad bit deranged ...
now for the difference ...
republicans will try their best to take every dime you have ... they will steel your retirement... they will take your health care away from you .... they will go war only to serve their corporate bosses needs ... while telling you this is the patriotic thing to do ... and lie about why you are going to war ....

democrats will make sure republicans give the money back they stole from you forcing them republicans to be fair .... Dems will give you a health care plan that doesn't cost you through the nose ... and dems will only go to war when evil is really challenging your way of life and not lie to you about it ...

Some things never change...

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They approve of social security benefits-so much so that they took them away from almost a million people. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They believe in international trade--so much so that they crippled our reciprocal trade program, and killed our International Wheat Agreement. They favor the admission of displaced persons--but only within shameful racial and religious limitations.They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They say TVA is wonderful--but we ought never to try it again. They condemn "cruelly high prices"--but fight to the death every effort to bring them down. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."
President Harry S. Truman - October 13, 1948
Now if possible with you, how about playing devils advocate on a few post, and write what you see wrong with the democrats, and you know that there is wrong in them also, so lets see what you got in this two sided OP in which we are all reading and writing upon supposedly in fairness of.

Sure...

Too many Democrats today are in bed with the same corporations that OWN the Republican party. Where the GOP is wholly owned, about half the Democrats are.

It is the very antithesis of what I and many great liberals believe or believed...

A great liberal John F. Kennedy, whose political beliefs are completely in line with my own once eloquently defined the role of the President, and government in general by quoting another great liberal...

"Harry Truman once said, 'There are 14 or 15 million Americans who have the resources to have representatives in Washington to protect their interests, and that the interests of the great mass of the other people - the 150 or 160 million - is the responsibility of the president of the United States, and I propose to fulfill it.'"
President John F. Kennedy

Here is a fact that should alarm ALL Americans... NO bills can get passed in Washington without the blessing of lobbyists. THINK about it. ONLY special interests get to approve laws.

I've been around since Harry Truman was in the White House. I have witnessed America transformed from a liberal run country to a conservative run country.

In 1968 there were 62 registered lobbyists in Washington. Today there are over 34,000.

We are in the throes of America becoming a full blown corporatocracy. We have a right wing Supreme Court who ALWAYS rule in favor of corporations. As a matter of fact, this court has decided to redefine America as a corporatocracy.

The right wing robes have taken the right's 'free market' economic dogma and applied it to caselaw, and overturned 150 years of legislation, caselaw and jurisprudence.

CITIZENS UNITED AS NEOLIBERAL JURISPRUDENCE: THE RESURGENCE OF ECONOMIC THEORY

Two things stand out in the majority opinion: first, it espouses a dogmatic, free market form of economic theory; and second, it is printed on the pages of a judicial opinion that authoritatively defines the terms of the First Amendment. This combination of capitalist ideology and caselaw makes up what I call neoliberal jurisprudence, the use of neoclassical economic theory as judicial reasoning.... “the idea that much of politics could be understood as if it were a market process, and therefore amenable to formalization through neoclassical theory.” Based on the claim that voters and politicians are only out to maximize their own gains, neoliberalism sees “the state [as] merely an inferior means of
attaining outcomes that the market could provide better and more efficiently.” With regard to its instrumental purposes, neoliberalism is based on two realizations: “[t]he [m]arket would not naturally conjure the conditions for its own continued flourishing”; and, accordingly, the state must be “reengineer[ed] . . . in order to guarantee the success of the market and its most important participants, modern corporations.”

For now, it suffices to note that it is a jurisprudence that borrows openly from neoclassical economic theory and that its goals do not include efficiency, for neoliberalism relies not on evidence but on general precepts. Incorporated into caselaw, neoliberalism becomes an explicitly ideological variant of legal philosophy that seeks the creation of an unregulated market for political goods.

A close reading of Citizens reveals that the five conservative Justices of the Roberts Court have redefined democracy on the basis of this free market approach to constitutional values. This much is evident in the principles affirmed by the majority: corporations have a First Amendment right to political speech; a restraint on how that speech is funded is a constraint on speech itself; political speech must occur in an unregulated market; the government is untrustworthy and corporations are trustworthy; the only acceptable role for government in regulating money in politics is to prevent quid pro quo corruption; enhancing the voice of some by restricting the voice of others is unconstitutional; undue influence and unequal access are perfectly democratic and compatible with public trust in the system; and an open market is necessarily competitive and home to diverse viewpoints that inform a vigilant and independent electorate.

[url=http://www.student.virginia.edu/vjspl/18.3/_Kuhner.pdf]Citizens United as Neoliberal Jurisprudence[/URL]

“Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. Reagan was an ideological inflection point, ending a 50-year liberal ascendancy and beginning a 30-year conservative ascendancy."
Charles Krauthammer

Last edited:
The best hope on the horizon regarding breaking the Republocrat stranglehold is the burgeoning alliance between real liberals and libertarians. We're going to see it pop up again in the vote on Syria. Pelosi, Boehner, and the rest of the establishment stooges will vote for war.

here's what morons like you don't get about liberals/dems ... bush spent money on wars, and foolishness... that was not needed ... the money he spent went to corporations ... what your right wing nut cases don't seem to understand dems/liberals spent money that gives money back to the government by way of the taxes it generated by more people working ... that pays down the national debt ... the republican spend money that causes the national debt that's the difference you moron

Tell us again about this pay down on the debt, you flaming reject.....

There is never going to be a massive difference between Centre-Left and Centre-Right -all the more reason why the endless obsession on this board with socialism is so funny.

There is no endless obsession on this board with socialism, there is an endless stream of narrative convenient redefinitions of socialism on this board. It's a by product of over-exposure to partisan propaganda, whereby whenever a particular word is transformed into a handy insult for "the other side" it is used whenever possible regardless of whether the actual definition fits the behavior or attributes the partisan is attempting to demonize.

I also think it's a manifestation of people seeing the ugliness within themselves getting reflected back at them by the external world, we see it all the time by (for example) the abuse of the "racism" charge being so wildly flung about, the racism they find in themselves becomes the racism they see in almost every aspect of the external world.

Forum List

Back