The Diference between Republicans and Democrats again is...

Excellent points, but Clinton spending vs Bush spending? Here's an interesting article:
Articles: A Balanced Approach: Tax like Bush, Spend like Clinton

That was a point that the OP seemed to be supporting. Bush can in to fix the spending and then proceeded to ‘fix’ it by spending more than Clinton ever dreamed. The left here should be supportive of Bush, he followed all their standard plugs – expanded spending, entitlements and government in general. Of course, they ARE supportive of Bush policies now that they are ‘Obama’s’ policies but that is another issue altogether…

By the way, it is rather funny to see the Medicare expansion complained about here by the dems. The height of hypocrisy.

Liberals don't support hooking up corporations to the taxpayer's tit. THAT is exactly what Medicare D is. I still recall Ted Kennedy arguing on the floor of the Senate that the bill should allow negotiating drug prices like the Veterans Administration. But Bush FORBID it.

Liberals believe in PAYING FOR what they spend. Research PAYGO, then see how many Republicans voted for it.

So then you opposed the ACA as that requires, by law, for everyone to purchase a product from a corporation. Likely the largest corporate payoff I have ever seen. Wait, nope. You support that travesty. But at least you opposed bailouts, right? I mean, we had TRILLIONS that were given to the banks on loans and BILLIONS that were simply handed to the car companies for free. Oh, wait. Wrong again. But at least you have been vocally against the corporate payoffs of this administration in defunct green energy companies that should never have been sent money in the first place. Wait. Wrong again.

The idea that the democrats do not support taxpayers being corporate slaves is utter bullshit. It is not that they are no better than the republicans. That is false. They perfected the unholy marriage of company and government. The one real difference between republicans and democrats in this arena is that democrats like to mandate monopolies for their favored companies. It is pathetic.

PAYGO was fun, wasn’t it. It was a blast watching the dems promise to pay for everything as we went and then summarily exempt almost all funding from paygo’s rules. That’s another thing the democrats are good at, making rules and then completely ignoring them.

Pubs have been a disaster for the country and the world for 40 years, pander to the rich and slowly ruin the non rich, and distract the dupes and the country with the biggest BS propaganda machine in our history by far. A disgrace.

Without Pub obstruction and BS crises, we could have been out of the Pub Great World Recession by now. The debt ceiling crisis!!, the ensuing sequester, and the failure to pass a typical jobs/infrastructure act have cost 1% in growth for a year each.

The exercise isn't to parrot Keith Olbermann's talking points. The exercise is to discuss actual differences. I never disagreed that they don't have different marketing materials.

So then you opposed the ACA as that requires, by law, for everyone to purchase a product from a corporation. Likely the largest corporate payoff I have ever seen. Wait, nope. You support that travesty. But at least you opposed bailouts, right? I mean, we had TRILLIONS that were given to the banks on loans and BILLIONS that were simply handed to the car companies for free. Oh, wait. Wrong again. But at least you have been vocally against the corporate payoffs of this administration in defunct green energy companies that should never have been sent money in the first place. Wait. Wrong again.

Don't forget the mother of them all. Every liberal on the SCOTUS and the national party supported kicking grandma out of her home by force in New London to give it to a corporation. And while she's living in a nursing home now, her home is still there empty because nothing was built. And to the left and the liberal media, all we hear are crickets.

I do like the liberal logic though. Government is dominated by "corporations." Ergo, we should give givernment more power...

:doubt:

Not seeing how that works...

Pubs have been a disaster for the country and the world for 40 years, pander to the rich and slowly ruin the non rich, and distract the dupes and the country with the biggest BS propaganda machine in our history by far. A disgrace.

Without Pub obstruction and BS crises, we could have been out of the Pub Great World Recession by now. The debt ceiling crisis!!, the ensuing sequester, and the failure to pass a typical jobs/infrastructure act have cost 1% in growth for a year each.
Oh so the repubs wanting to maintain a merit system, where people are free to show good character and work ethic in order to get what they want in America, and this instead of what the democrats do which is to gain control by offering as many as they can free stuff that is not given to people based upon merit, but instead is given to them for the simple fact of gaining their finger tip to push the button to vote is a better way? After that they don't care how poor they stay other than what is given to them in which is taken from others, and not so much so in order to keep those who it is being taken from to not get to angry about it, as this gives them (the dems) a forever excuse to get what they want by way of the tactic, so who truly is the enemy of the poor again, and is keeping them poor in America ?

Last edited:
here's what morons like you don't get about liberals/dems ... bush spent money on wars, and foolishness... that was not needed ... the money he spent went to corporations ... what your right wing nut cases don't seem to understand dems/liberals spent money that gives money back to the government by way of the taxes it generated by more people working ... that pays down the national debt ... the republican spend money that causes the national debt that's the difference you moron

^^^^too stupid to merit a reply. debt when obama came into office 10 trillion, debt today 17 trillion.

That *SNAP* you heard was your fingers getting caught in the ignorance trap laid down by the poster whose posts have never been worthy of a reply, try not to stick your hand in there again since it will be just as painful no matter how many times you do it. ;)

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- George Carlin
translation=you got your head handed to you once again ....

Some things never change...

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They approve of social security benefits-so much so that they took them away from almost a million people. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They believe in international trade--so much so that they crippled our reciprocal trade program, and killed our International Wheat Agreement. They favor the admission of displaced persons--but only within shameful racial and religious limitations.They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They say TVA is wonderful--but we ought never to try it again. They condemn "cruelly high prices"--but fight to the death every effort to bring them down. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it."
President Harry S. Truman - October 13, 1948
Now if possible with you, how about playing devils advocate on a few post, and write what you see wrong with the democrats, and you know that there is wrong in them also, so lets see what you got in this two sided OP in which we are all reading and writing upon supposedly in fairness of.

Sure...

Too many Democrats today are in bed with the same corporations that OWN the Republican party. Where the GOP is wholly owned, about half the Democrats are.

It is the very antithesis of what I and many great liberals believe or believed...

A great liberal John F. Kennedy, whose political beliefs are completely in line with my own once eloquently defined the role of the President, and government in general by quoting another great liberal...

"Harry Truman once said, 'There are 14 or 15 million Americans who have the resources to have representatives in Washington to protect their interests, and that the interests of the great mass of the other people - the 150 or 160 million - is the responsibility of the president of the United States, and I propose to fulfill it.'"
President John F. Kennedy

Here is a fact that should alarm ALL Americans... NO bills can get passed in Washington without the blessing of lobbyists. THINK about it. ONLY special interests get to approve laws.

I've been around since Harry Truman was in the White House. I have witnessed America transformed from a liberal run country to a conservative run country.

In 1968 there were 62 registered lobbyists in Washington. Today there are over 34,000.

We are in the throes of America becoming a full blown corporatocracy. We have a right wing Supreme Court who ALWAYS rule in favor of corporations. As a matter of fact, this court has decided to redefine America as a corporatocracy.

The right wing robes have taken the right's 'free market' economic dogma and applied it to caselaw, and overturned 150 years of legislation, caselaw and jurisprudence.

CITIZENS UNITED AS NEOLIBERAL JURISPRUDENCE: THE RESURGENCE OF ECONOMIC THEORY

Two things stand out in the majority opinion: first, it espouses a dogmatic, free market form of economic theory; and second, it is printed on the pages of a judicial opinion that authoritatively defines the terms of the First Amendment. This combination of capitalist ideology and caselaw makes up what I call neoliberal jurisprudence, the use of neoclassical economic theory as judicial reasoning.... “the idea that much of politics could be understood as if it were a market process, and therefore amenable to formalization through neoclassical theory.” Based on the claim that voters and politicians are only out to maximize their own gains, neoliberalism sees “the state [as] merely an inferior means of
attaining outcomes that the market could provide better and more efficiently.” With regard to its instrumental purposes, neoliberalism is based on two realizations: “[t]he [m]arket would not naturally conjure the conditions for its own continued flourishing”; and, accordingly, the state must be “reengineer[ed] . . . in order to guarantee the success of the market and its most important participants, modern corporations.”

For now, it suffices to note that it is a jurisprudence that borrows openly from neoclassical economic theory and that its goals do not include efficiency, for neoliberalism relies not on evidence but on general precepts. Incorporated into caselaw, neoliberalism becomes an explicitly ideological variant of legal philosophy that seeks the creation of an unregulated market for political goods.

A close reading of Citizens reveals that the five conservative Justices of the Roberts Court have redefined democracy on the basis of this free market approach to constitutional values. This much is evident in the principles affirmed by the majority: corporations have a First Amendment right to political speech; a restraint on how that speech is funded is a constraint on speech itself; political speech must occur in an unregulated market; the government is untrustworthy and corporations are trustworthy; the only acceptable role for government in regulating money in politics is to prevent quid pro quo corruption; enhancing the voice of some by restricting the voice of others is unconstitutional; undue influence and unequal access are perfectly democratic and compatible with public trust in the system; and an open market is necessarily competitive and home to diverse viewpoints that inform a vigilant and independent electorate.

[url=http://www.student.virginia.edu/vjspl/18.3/_Kuhner.pdf]Citizens United as Neoliberal Jurisprudence[/URL]

“Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. Reagan was an ideological inflection point, ending a 50-year liberal ascendancy and beginning a 30-year conservative ascendancy."
Charles Krauthammer
still stuck in the stupid mode typical repub-lie-tard

That was a point that the OP seemed to be supporting. Bush can in to fix the spending and then proceeded to ‘fix’ it by spending more than Clinton ever dreamed. The left here should be supportive of Bush, he followed all their standard plugs – expanded spending, entitlements and government in general. Of course, they ARE supportive of Bush policies now that they are ‘Obama’s’ policies but that is another issue altogether…

By the way, it is rather funny to see the Medicare expansion complained about here by the dems. The height of hypocrisy.

here's what morons like you don't get about liberals/dems ... bush spent money on wars, and foolishness... that was not needed ... the money he spent went to corporations ... what your right wing nut cases don't seem to understand dems/liberals spent money that gives money back to the government by way of the taxes it generated by more people working ... that pays down the national debt ... the republican spend money that causes the national debt that's the difference you moron

Tell us again about this pay down on the debt, you flaming reject.....

when Clinton left office, you retarded reject,he had 500 billion dollars in surplus to put down on the national debt... but you retarded flaming reject repub-lie-tards decided to give it to the corporations ... I realize you're too stupid to understand that, but hey !!!! you're a repub-lie tard ... one has to expect it ...

here's how much you repub-lie-tards make sense .... especially you!!!!
you make 2000 dollars a month .... it takes you 2000 dollars a month to to break even... so with your brilliance your boss "George bush" or any repub-lie-tard says to you, "were going to cut your pay by 500 dollars .... so now each and every month your 500 dollars short ... so with your repub-lie-tarded thinking, you should cut your income another 500 dollars ... so you can pay your debt .... that's how much you retarded, repub-lie-tards make sense ... when its clear that you need not only 500 dollars more, but you need another 250 dollars to pay of the debt you made... coming from you a retarded flaming reject one has to laugh

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA

Last edited:
Republican W came in to fix Slick Willy's spending orgy and then spent us into the ground, including adding a prescription drug welfare benefit to greatly expand Medicare and he raised Social Security taxes through the roof.

But W was getting us into all these military conflicts and Obama came in to fix that, so he finished Iraq according to W's timeline, expanded Afghanistan and has gotten us into more wars like Libya and now he's trying to get us into Syria.

I can't remember, what's the difference between both your pathetic parties again?

What's funnier is how you tell me I'm throwing my vote away by not voting for either of you. When you figure out how you're different, let me know.

The difference between the two parties is which of your rights they want to remove first. Their goal is the same... control of the masses. The difference is how they get there.

Immie

^^^^too stupid to merit a reply. debt when obama came into office 10 trillion, debt today 17 trillion.

That *SNAP* you heard was your fingers getting caught in the ignorance trap laid down by the poster whose posts have never been worthy of a reply, try not to stick your hand in there again since it will be just as painful no matter how many times you do it. ;)

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- George Carlin
translation=you got your head handed to you once again ....

you're so damn stupid you missed his point entirely. here it is again:
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." In this context the idiot is YOU. you dumb ass ignorant libtardian fuckhead.

Republican W came in to fix Slick Willy's spending orgy and then spent us into the ground, including adding a prescription drug welfare benefit to greatly expand Medicare and he raised Social Security taxes through the roof.

But W was getting us into all these military conflicts and Obama came in to fix that, so he finished Iraq according to W's timeline, expanded Afghanistan and has gotten us into more wars like Libya and now he's trying to get us into Syria.

I can't remember, what's the difference between both your pathetic parties again?

What's funnier is how you tell me I'm throwing my vote away by not voting for either of you. When you figure out how you're different, let me know.

The difference between the two parties is which of your rights they want to remove first. Their goal is the same... control of the masses. The difference is how they get there.

Immie

If its really that bad then we all need to just concede defeat and declare ourselves government serfs.

Personally I am not ready to concede. we can still take this country back from the marxist collectivists, but its not going to be easy, when half of the population is sucking the govt tit its hard to get them to think.

name one bill moron that obama passed that caused any debt ??? I mean, with all your so-called brilliance ... you should be able to point us out one that caused 7 trillion dollars of debt ... i mean you're sooooooooooo sure of your self... please enlighten us all here oh wise one ... whaaaaaaaaaaaat you just cant seem to show us one???? why's that moron???

Last edited:

Immie

If its really that bad then we all need to just concede defeat and declare ourselves government serfs.

Personally I am not ready to concede. we can still take this country back from the marxist collectivists, but its not going to be easy, when half of the population is sucking the govt tit its hard to get them to think.

You have more hope than I do. I think it is too late, but then I have been reading the posts of too many liberals who think the USA should resemble the old Soviet Union.

Immie

seems you're a tad bit deranged ...
now for the difference ...
republicans will try their best to take every dime you have ... they will steel your retirement... they will take your health care away from you .... they will go war only to serve their corporate bosses needs ... while telling you this is the patriotic thing to do ... and lie about why you are going to war ....

democrats will make sure republicans give the money back they stole from you forcing them republicans to be fair .... Dems will give you a health care plan that doesn't cost you through the nose ... and dems will only go to war when evil is really challenging your way of life and not lie to you about it ...

You know it hasn't always been that way, but the worst of America has gravitated to the Republican Party.

For instance, the KKK may have started with the Democrats, but they have their own home now.

KKK Disbands Claiming GOP Has Co-opted All Of Their Ideas

republicans have lost there way ... many things that obama has supported in the past the republicans also supported ... but now ever sense mitch Mcconartist has said he will stop obama they all have gone nutrs ...

Last edited:

name one bill moron that obama passed that caused any debt ??? I mean, with all your so-called brilliance ... you should be able to point us out one that caused 7 trillion dollars of debt ... i mean you're sooooooooooo sure of your self... please enlighten us all here oh wise one ... whaaaaaaaaaaaat yopu just cant seem to show us one???? why's that moron???

Every CR that he has signed has increased the debt. Since the incompetent Reid has not allowed a single budget bill on the floor of the senate for 5 years, they have operated the govt on continuous CR's, and Obozo has signed every one of them.

The govt has spent at least 1 trillion more than it took in during each of obama's years. The 7 trillion in new debt is all on him.

If he cared about the debt he would have refused to sign any CR that was in deficit. But he doesn't give a shit about the future of this country. He is accomplishing his goal of punishing the USA for its "greed and slavery".

I am well aware of that, but that one just hit a nerve. Your Carlin quote is right on. :eusa_whistle:

the nerve i hit was the nerve that told you what the truth is and you can't stand that thought ...

Last edited:

Immie

You have more hope than I do. I think it is too late, but then I have been reading the posts of too many liberals who think the USA should resemble the old Soviet Union.

Immie

they are a vocal minority and they dominate the media--------but real america thinks as we do.

There are major differences between the two parties. Your thread is one of the Big Lies proffered by the Libertarian Movement as they continue to struggle to win even one national election.

Consider the votes on the The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, where zero Republicans voted no.

with all of the spending that clinton did, were you better off financially under his spending or bush's spending ??? I know I was better off financially under clinton ...

Another Newt fan, good job

actually all the tax increases clinton passed was in his first two years that turn the country around ... the republicans did very little in getting things changed ... but they did pass bills that cause the debt mess we in now ... but I realize your too stupids to understand that...

NO ONE has proposed taking away anyone's right to bear arms. That is typical right wing bullshit.

I like how with the left you say any amount of gun regulation is fine because government just needs to maintain reasonable policies regarding our ability to own guns.

But then any regulation of abortion at all, even partial birth or parental consent for minors is unacceptable because you don't trust government to maintain any reasonable policy and it's a slippery slope to banning abortion.

another moron over abortion ...they just can't seem to say out of womans business .... they think they have a right to tell a woman what to do with their vagina's

Forum List

Back