The Diference between Republicans and Democrats again is...

NO ONE has proposed taking away anyone's right to bear arms. That is typical right wing bullshit.

I like how with the left you say any amount of gun regulation is fine because government just needs to maintain reasonable policies regarding our ability to own guns.

But then any regulation of abortion at all, even partial birth or parental consent for minors is unacceptable because you don't trust government to maintain any reasonable policy and it's a slippery slope to banning abortion.

another moron over abortion ...they just can't seem to say out of womans business .... they think they have a right to tell a woman what to do with their vagina's

But its OK with you if they murder the child that is growing in it? Too bad your mother was not pro-choice.

That was a point that the OP seemed to be supporting. Bush can in to fix the spending and then proceeded to ‘fix’ it by spending more than Clinton ever dreamed. The left here should be supportive of Bush, he followed all their standard plugs – expanded spending, entitlements and government in general. Of course, they ARE supportive of Bush policies now that they are ‘Obama’s’ policies but that is another issue altogether…

By the way, it is rather funny to see the Medicare expansion complained about here by the dems. The height of hypocrisy.

Liberals don't support hooking up corporations to the taxpayer's tit. THAT is exactly what Medicare D is. I still recall Ted Kennedy arguing on the floor of the Senate that the bill should allow negotiating drug prices like the Veterans Administration. But Bush FORBID it.

Liberals believe in PAYING FOR what they spend. Research PAYGO, then see how many Republicans voted for it.

So then you opposed the ACA as that requires, by law, for everyone to purchase a product from a corporation. Likely the largest corporate payoff I have ever seen. Wait, nope. You support that travesty. But at least you opposed bailouts, right? I mean, we had TRILLIONS that were given to the banks on loans and BILLIONS that were simply handed to the car companies for free. Oh, wait. Wrong again. But at least you have been vocally against the corporate payoffs of this administration in defunct green energy companies that should never have been sent money in the first place. Wait. Wrong again.

The idea that the democrats do not support taxpayers being corporate slaves is utter bullshit. It is not that they are no better than the republicans. That is false. They perfected the unholy marriage of company and government. The one real difference between republicans and democrats in this arena is that democrats like to mandate monopolies for their favored companies. It is pathetic.

PAYGO was fun, wasn’t it. It was a blast watching the dems promise to pay for everything as we went and then summarily exempt almost all funding from paygo’s rules. That’s another thing the democrats are good at, making rules and then completely ignoring them.
that's why we dems had a 500 billion dollar surplus when bush got elected cause we didn't pay as we go ....

Nancy Pelosi vs Andrea Tantaros

Hillary vs Megan Kelley

Rosie O'Donnel vs Michele Bachman

Yep, the republican females win every time. Hot and smart

democrats----wrinkled and lesbian.

Liberals don't support hooking up corporations to the taxpayer's tit. THAT is exactly what Medicare D is. I still recall Ted Kennedy arguing on the floor of the Senate that the bill should allow negotiating drug prices like the Veterans Administration. But Bush FORBID it.

Liberals believe in PAYING FOR what they spend. Research PAYGO, then see how many Republicans voted for it.

So then you opposed the ACA as that requires, by law, for everyone to purchase a product from a corporation. Likely the largest corporate payoff I have ever seen. Wait, nope. You support that travesty. But at least you opposed bailouts, right? I mean, we had TRILLIONS that were given to the banks on loans and BILLIONS that were simply handed to the car companies for free. Oh, wait. Wrong again. But at least you have been vocally against the corporate payoffs of this administration in defunct green energy companies that should never have been sent money in the first place. Wait. Wrong again.

The idea that the democrats do not support taxpayers being corporate slaves is utter bullshit. It is not that they are no better than the republicans. That is false. They perfected the unholy marriage of company and government. The one real difference between republicans and democrats in this arena is that democrats like to mandate monopolies for their favored companies. It is pathetic.

PAYGO was fun, wasn’t it. It was a blast watching the dems promise to pay for everything as we went and then summarily exempt almost all funding from paygo’s rules. That’s another thing the democrats are good at, making rules and then completely ignoring them.
that's why we dems had a 500 billion dollar surplus when bush got elected cause we didn't pay as we go ....

there was no surplus, idiot. Bubba juggled the books. Check it out.

That *SNAP* you heard was your fingers getting caught in the ignorance trap laid down by the poster whose posts have never been worthy of a reply, try not to stick your hand in there again since it will be just as painful no matter how many times you do it. ;)

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- George Carlin
translation=you got your head handed to you once again ....

you're so damn stupid you missed his point entirely. here it is again:
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." In this context the idiot is YOU. you dumb ass ignorant libtardian fuckhead.

struck a nerve again did I, FUCKHEAD ???? can't help you're terminally stupid ... in every post, so far, you you got your head handed to you ... you speak about things you know nothing about ... then you get pissed when we point out your stupidity ... I mean you're sooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy

There are major differences between the two parties. Your thread is one of the Big Lies proffered by the Libertarian Movement as they continue to struggle to win even one national election.

Consider the votes on the The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
W added prescription drug to the Medicare welfare program and did zero to free the medical industry from the oppressive government control which is destroying it. The Democrats just wanted to speed up the destruction of our healthcare system. You showed nothing that the two parties actually disagreed on.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, where zero Republicans voted no.

Um...this agrees with me....

translation=you got your head handed to you once again ....

you're so damn stupid you missed his point entirely. here it is again:
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." In this context the idiot is YOU. you dumb ass ignorant libtardian fuckhead.

struck a nerve again did I, FUCKHEAD ???? can't help you're terminally stupid ... in every post, so far, you you got your head handed to you ... you speak about things you know nothing about ... then you get pissed when we point out your stupidity ... I mean you're sooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy

see my sig, it applies to you quite well. You are not worthy of my typing skills, you could very likely be the next on my ignore list. this forum is intended for intelligent discussion of the issues. You are nothing but a left wing talking point repeater. Your red rep points are proof of your uselessness.

There are major differences between the two parties. Your thread is one of the Big Lies proffered by the Libertarian Movement as they continue to struggle to win even one national election.

Consider the votes on the The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, where zero Republicans voted no.

OK, that's a fair point. What we should be saying is that there are no differences that matter to us. On the issues that matter to libertarians (our liberties) Republicans and Democrats are either in lockstep agreement, or simply offer differing versions of the same wrong answer. And the Obama administration proves this every day. That's why more and more independent minded liberals are joining libertarians to push back against the authoritarian government offered up by both parties.

NO ONE has proposed taking away anyone's right to bear arms. That is typical right wing bullshit.

I like how with the left you say any amount of gun regulation is fine because government just needs to maintain reasonable policies regarding our ability to own guns.

But then any regulation of abortion at all, even partial birth or parental consent for minors is unacceptable because you don't trust government to maintain any reasonable policy and it's a slippery slope to banning abortion.

another moron over abortion ...they just can't seem to say out of womans business .... they think they have a right to tell a woman what to do with their vagina's

Here's the playbill for you.

I'm pro-choice

You're butt stupid.

You didn't even begin to grasp the point I was making.

Now back to the play...

Republican W came in to fix Slick Willy's spending orgy and then spent us into the ground, including adding a prescription drug welfare benefit to greatly expand Medicare and he raised Social Security taxes through the roof.

But W was getting us into all these military conflicts and Obama came in to fix that, so he finished Iraq according to W's timeline, expanded Afghanistan and has gotten us into more wars like Libya and now he's trying to get us into Syria.

I can't remember, what's the difference between both your pathetic parties again?

What's funnier is how you tell me I'm throwing my vote away by not voting for either of you. When you figure out how you're different, let me know.

The libertarian movement has nothing to do with winning national elections, that's the Libertarian PARTY'S thing, the libertarian movement is about ideas it's not about getting down on one's knees and begging the criminals in Washington for crumbs while worshiping politicians with the right letter behind their names, that's the DEMOCRATIC and REPUBLICAN PARTY's thing.

Anyone that thinks they can change Washington from an inherently criminal organization into a virtuous one using the political process doesn't understand that Washington is a gigantic organism consisting of deeply entrenched self interests that will either react violently to anyone or anything that threatens those self-interests or will attempt to buy them off. That will never change until the peoples way of thinking changes and that won't change in any of our lifetimes but there's hope that it can for future generations if we as individuals live by and spread the knowledge of the virtues we want to see in others.

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

^^^^too stupid to merit a reply. debt when obama came into office 10 trillion, debt today 17 trillion.
name one bill moron that obama passed that caused any debt ??? I mean, with all your so-called brilliance ... you should be able to point us out one that caused 7 trillion dollars of debt ... i mean you're sooooooooooo sure of your self... please enlighten us all here oh wise one ... whaaaaaaaaaaaat yopu just cant seem to show us one???? why's that moron???

Every CR that he has signed has increased the debt. Since the incompetent Reid has not allowed a single budget bill on the floor of the senate for 5 years, they have operated the govt on continuous CR's, and Obozo has signed every one of them.

The govt has spent at least 1 trillion more than it took in during each of obama's years. The 7 trillion in new debt is all on him.

If he cared about the debt he would have refused to sign any CR that was in deficit. But he doesn't give a shit about the future of this country. He is accomplishing his goal of punishing the USA for its "greed and slavery".

if reid didn't let them go to the floor then how the hell did OBAMO sign them into law ... they do have to go to the floor you know ... by your statements here alone you didn't know that ... I guess he can just think up a bill he wants then sign it, then it law ... right ???? I mean that's what you're saying here idiot....

but you said that obama caused the 7 trillion dollars of debt by his spending ... for him to spend he first has to sign in a law showing us what he has spent... he hasn't done that... but now that you mention this 1 trillion dollars of debt that we keep getting each and every year ... go and look whose names are on the bills that cause that 1 trillion dollars of debt each and every year .... I'll give you a hint ... it says GEORGE W. BUSH ... but like everything you post you haven't a clue on who doing what to whom ... you listen to right wing talkers then lose you mind ... oh yes, you still haven't shown us any bills that obama sign into law that has caused 7 trillion dollars of debt ... were still waiting for it ...

Last edited:
Below is a link to a video that I thought those that still have the capability and the predilection to use reason instead of partisan propaganda regurgitation might find interesting (length 23m 29s), it's a fairly old one but I believe it's relevant to the topic of the thread. Draws some interesting parallels between the history of the Roman Republic and that of the U.S. Republic.

The Fall of Rome and Modern Parallels - narrated by Stefan Molyneux
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0zacaIard0]The Fall of Rome and Modern Parallels - YouTube[/ame]

Intelligent critiques welcome, irrational hyper-partisan robots need not apply. ;)

Excellent points, but Clinton spending vs Bush spending? Here's an interesting article:
Articles: A Balanced Approach: Tax like Bush, Spend like Clinton

That was a point that the OP seemed to be supporting. Bush can in to fix the spending and then proceeded to ‘fix’ it by spending more than Clinton ever dreamed. The left here should be supportive of Bush, he followed all their standard plugs – expanded spending, entitlements and government in general. Of course, they ARE supportive of Bush policies now that they are ‘Obama’s’ policies but that is another issue altogether…

By the way, it is rather funny to see the Medicare expansion complained about here by the dems. The height of hypocrisy.

I didn't post that article to contradict the OP, I just felt it would expand on it and show that Clinton actually did spend less than Bush. I agree about some people on "the Left" with regard to "expanded spending, entitlements and government in general" , but that's certainly not me, though I would rather see the money invested in America instead of invested in "nation building" and wars abroad.

I think the "Medicare expansion" issue when bought up by someone like me, would be to try to demonstrate that though some republicans and conservatives can talk a good game about "fiscal responsibility", they too have their spending orgies on things that they approve of.

If its really that bad then we all need to just concede defeat and declare ourselves government serfs.

Personally I am not ready to concede. we can still take this country back from the marxist collectivists, but its not going to be easy, when half of the population is sucking the govt tit its hard to get them to think.

You have more hope than I do. I think it is too late, but then I have been reading the posts of too many liberals who think the USA should resemble the old Soviet Union.

Immie

they are a vocal minority and they dominate the media--------but real america thinks as we do.

only in that tiny little world you live in

But its OK with you if they murder the child that is growing in it? Too bad your mother was not pro-choice.

yes it ok for them to murder the unborn fetus that's growing inside of them ...its their choice to make, not yours .... as I said they just can't seem to say out of womans business .... they think they have a right to tell a woman what to do with their vagina's, they don't!!!

The difference between republicans and democrats? Republicans are better in bed. I hope this clears up your confusion.

playing with themselves you would be right ... you see the only piece of ass republicans ever get is when the wipe their butt and their finger breaks through, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooor they pay for it ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back