The difference

The numbers being talked about have nothing to do with heart disease.

Right, absolutely. But that was just an example of numbers being used in a similar way. I'm sure you see that but here on USMB things are so racially charged so many things are seen as an attack or a false pretext for something else. Finding where the needs are in society should be the goal, whether its about education or communities suffering from violent crime, not simply putting each other down.

I took this thread get off topic, so I'm taking it back to the OP. I'm reporting all who do not post on topic from this point on.

Okay then, back on topic.

Is it a racist rant? Not really.

As for what he says, there is some truth to what Wise says but he is full of it when he defends the violence of rioting blacks by comparing it to the Revolutionary War. I.E., that whites were willing to commit violence to achieve their ends. Here's the difference though: American whites did not start the violence, Britain did. All we did was declare our independence.
In the case of the black rioters, half the time they rioted after a police involved shooting, they did so immediately after the shooting instead of waiting to see if the investigation ruled it unjustified. Every time a cop shoots a black man they assume it was racially motivated and unjustified and then start looting, burning and destroying property of those who had nothing to do with it.

You've said that once and you are wrong again.

Considering your predilection for forgetting everything I say, I'm frankly surprised you remembered I already said this. In fact, just to mess with you I went and copy and pasted that same post just to see if you would notice.

Wise spent more than 7 minutes out of an 8:22 second video talking about other things and you misstate for a second time what he said about how the colonists didn't embrace non violent resistance to make change happen in order to make your racist comment regarding how blacks riot without waiting for investigations and how we just assume things are racially motivated, not that there is a record of over400 years of whites doing such things to us..

I didn't misstate what he said. He said "The very founding of the country was rooted in violence." What I said was the absolute truth: We did not want violence and we didn't start the violence, Britain did. As for what I said about black rioters, that is also true that they riot before the investigation after a shooting. If they're not rioting they're protesting in the streets and blocking traffic before anyone even has all the facts of the case.

I'm sorry, but I'm just not inclined to be sympathetic when people assume every time a black man is shot by police that it is racially motivated; when people are saying stupid shit like cotton plant displays are racist; that whites are racist simply by virtue of the color of their skin and thugs use the shooting of a black man as an excuse to loot stores and steal TVs.

Even given the history of white racism in this country, I cannot stand by without pointing out how ridiculous some of these things are. You can call me racist for pointing these things out if you wish (and you have) but somebody has to point it out.

Black Lives Matter and people like them may be able to sucker the weaker minded whites into saying "I'm an evil, racist white devil and don't deserve to live" and committing racial hara kiri but this white boy is having none of it.

You chose to ignore more than 7 minutes of the video and you did misstate what he said. You are white and the most important thing you skipped over to misstate what Wise said was how he said blacks and whites have had different experiences in this nation. So while law enforcement has mostly worked for whites, it hasn't for us. All the comments you made about us in your post are false. And when white thugs loot stores after burning down businesses because the pumpkin festival runs out of pumpkins you have nothing to say about blacks reacting angrily to unjust legal decisions that allow white police to get away with murder. So for you to talk stupid shows that you are just a mentally screwed up extremely stupid man. And when you talk about people saying stupid shit look at your last paragraph. BLM has done or said nothing of the sort and what your words show us a mentally weak white man who has allowed himself to be race baited by conservative white race pimps..

Right, absolutely. But that was just an example of numbers being used in a similar way. I'm sure you see that but here on USMB things are so racially charged so many things are seen as an attack or a false pretext for something else. Finding where the needs are in society should be the goal, whether its about education or communities suffering from violent crime, not simply putting each other down.

I took this thread get off topic, so I'm taking it back to the OP. I'm reporting all who do not post on topic from this point on.

As for what he says, there is some truth to what Wise says but he is full of it when he defends the violence of rioting blacks by comparing it to the Revolutionary War. I.E., that whites were willing to commit violence to achieve their ends. Here's the difference though: American whites did not start the violence, Britain did. All we did was declare our independence.
In the case of the black rioters, half the time they rioted after a police involved shooting, they did so immediately after the shooting instead of waiting to see if the investigation ruled it unjustified. Every time a cop shoots a black man they assume it was racially motivated and unjustified and then start looting, burning and destroying property of those who had nothing to do with it.

Considering your predilection for forgetting everything I say, I'm frankly surprised you remembered I already said this. In fact, just to mess with you I went and copy and pasted that same post just to see if you would notice.

Wise spent more than 7 minutes out of an 8:22 second video talking about other things and you misstate for a second time what he said about how the colonists didn't embrace non violent resistance to make change happen in order to make your racist comment regarding how blacks riot without waiting for investigations and how we just assume things are racially motivated, not that there is a record of over400 years of whites doing such things to us..

I didn't misstate what he said. He said "The very founding of the country was rooted in violence." What I said was the absolute truth: We did not want violence and we didn't start the violence, Britain did. As for what I said about black rioters, that is also true that they riot before the investigation after a shooting. If they're not rioting they're protesting in the streets and blocking traffic before anyone even has all the facts of the case.

I'm sorry, but I'm just not inclined to be sympathetic when people assume every time a black man is shot by police that it is racially motivated; when people are saying stupid shit like cotton plant displays are racist; that whites are racist simply by virtue of the color of their skin and thugs use the shooting of a black man as an excuse to loot stores and steal TVs.

Even given the history of white racism in this country, I cannot stand by without pointing out how ridiculous some of these things are. You can call me racist for pointing these things out if you wish (and you have) but somebody has to point it out.

Black Lives Matter and people like them may be able to sucker the weaker minded whites into saying "I'm an evil, racist white devil and don't deserve to live" and committing racial hara kiri but this white boy is having none of it.

You chose to ignore more than 7 minutes of the video and you did misstate what he said. You are white and the most important thing you skipped over to misstate what Wise said was how he said blacks and whites have had different experiences in this nation.

First of all, I watched the entire video so I ignored nothing. Secondly, you chose to ignore the fact that I said there was some truth to what he said. Thirdly, that was a direct verbatim quote from the video so no, I did not misstate what he said. He criticized whites and others for criticizing the violence perpetrated by blacks in the riots when "The very founding of the country was rooted in violence." My point was simply that it was an inapt comparison because we didn't start the violence in the Revolutionary War.

Are there other apt examples for comparison? I'm sure there is but this one is not.

So while law enforcement has mostly worked for whites, it hasn't for us. All the comments you made about us in your post are false.

Who's "us"? I didn't say "blacks", I said "black rioters". Are you a rioter? And what I said about black rioters is true: most of the time the riots and protests start before anyone knows the facts of the case. This is not just me talking, a lot of whites and conservatives are frustrated by it and have commented on it.

And when white thugs loot stores after burning down businesses because the pumpkin festival runs out of pumpkins you have nothing to say about blacks reacting angrily to unjust legal decisions that allow white police to get away with murder.

I have no sympathy for anyone who unjustifiably destroys property. Which means that the white punks who rioted at the pumpkin festival are just as stupid as any other idiot who destroys property. But, as you are so fond of pointing out to people all the time, this is the Race Relations/Racism forum so we're talking about racial matters.

You and people like ATL do one of two things in almost every discussion on racial matters: 1.) Assume that every comment by a white poster is a comparison of black and white actions and attitudes or 2.) Turn the discussion into a comparison of black and white actions and attitudes.

So for you to talk stupid shows that you are just a mentally screwed up extremely stupid man. And when you talk about people saying stupid shit look at your last paragraph. BLM has done or said nothing of the sort and what your words show us a mentally weak white man who has allowed himself to be race baited by conservative white race pimps..

Oh yes BLM has done these things. And if not them, many blacks have.

A lot of whites, including celebrities like Lena Dunham and college professors, are trying to convince other whites that whites are racist or that we are all guilty in some way. If I go along with this idea I would be race baited by liberal white race pimps. If I don't, I'm being race baited by conservative white race pimps.
This is why I told you in another thread that a lot of whites are sick and tired of this shit. We're tired of it because we just can't win. If we agree that whites are racist well then, by our own admission, we are racist. If we disagree, well then, they'll say that we're racist because we refuse to see the "truth" of white racism.

I for one just don't give a shit anymore. All I can do is continue as I've always done and that is to love my black family members unconditionally and behave with the same respect and civility towards blacks that I expect for myself.

You chose to ignore more than 7 minutes of the video and you did misstate what he said. You are white and the most important thing you skipped over to misstate what Wise said was how he said blacks and whites have had different experiences in this nation.

First of all, I watched the entire video so I ignored nothing. Secondly, you chose to ignore the fact that I said there was some truth to what he said. Thirdly, that was a direct verbatim quote from the video so no, I did not misstate what he said. He criticized whites and others for criticizing the violence perpetrated by blacks in the riots when "The very founding of the country was rooted in violence." My point was simply that it was an inapt comparison because we didn't start the violence in the Revolutionary War.

Are there other apt examples for comparison? I'm sure there is but this one is not.

So while law enforcement has mostly worked for whites, it hasn't for us. All the comments you made about us in your post are false.

Who's "us"? I didn't say "blacks", I said "black rioters". Are you a rioter? And what I said about black rioters is true: most of the time the riots and protests start before anyone knows the facts of the case. This is not just me talking, a lot of whites and conservatives are frustrated by it and have commented on it.

And when white thugs loot stores after burning down businesses because the pumpkin festival runs out of pumpkins you have nothing to say about blacks reacting angrily to unjust legal decisions that allow white police to get away with murder.

I have no sympathy for anyone who unjustifiably destroys property. Which means that the white punks who rioted at the pumpkin festival are just as stupid as any other idiot who destroys property. But, as you are so fond of pointing out to people all the time, this is the Race Relations/Racism forum so we're talking about racial matters.

You and people like ATL do one of two things in almost every discussion on racial matters: 1.) Assume that every comment by a white poster is a comparison of black and white actions and attitudes or 2.) Turn the discussion into a comparison of black and white actions and attitudes.

So for you to talk stupid shows that you are just a mentally screwed up extremely stupid man. And when you talk about people saying stupid shit look at your last paragraph. BLM has done or said nothing of the sort and what your words show us a mentally weak white man who has allowed himself to be race baited by conservative white race pimps..

A lot of whites, including celebrities like Lena Dunham and college professors, are trying to convince other whites that whites are racist or that we are all guilty in some way. If I go along with this idea I would be race baited by liberal white race pimps. If I don't, I'm being race baited by conservative white race pimps.
This is why I told you in another thread that a lot of whites are sick and tired of this shit. We're tired of it because we just can't win. If we agree that whites are racist well then, by our own admission, we are racist. If we disagree, well then, they'll say that we're racist because we refuse to see the "truth" of white racism.

I for one just don't give a shit anymore. All I can do is continue as I've always done and that is to love my black family members unconditionally and behave with the same respect and civility towards blacks that I expect for myself.

You ignored the first 7 minutes of the video and chose to misquote something from the last minute. I did not miss anything. You did not point out the things he said in the first 7 minutes. You decided to run your mouth about black riots. You say you don't respect people who destroy property but you would never have mentioned whites doing it had I not rode you about it. You want tell me how tired some whites are. You aren't 1/1000th as tired of whatever you claim to be tired of than we are of the garbage whites like you do. And I say whites like you bcause there are whites who can accept there are whites who are racists and don't whine about it as you do. And you really have nothing to disagree with because what is being presented is what whtes are doing. The sun comes up every day. And for you to disagree with that because you see a few cloudy days is stump stupid. You might have clouds in your town, but the sun has risen. The same for whites and racism. You say how much you are not a racist and you think that means whites cannot be called racists, but whites are still practicing racism. And what you call black racism is whites lke you trying to escape responsibility in order to point fingers at others.

If I rape your daughter and you beat me to within an inch of my life, I have no right to cry about you being angry. But whites like you think the racism whites have put on people of color should come with no consequence. No one should be angry, no one should hate whites and we all should just take it and move n. Those who are angry about what whites KEEP DOING TO US are called racists. Your inability to accept responsibility makes it even worse.

You are the one with the problem. There are whites who can accept their history without whining. And to show just how you have been race baited by white conservatives, these are not whites who feel guilty. They are angry. Angry at the stain you denying whites put on them with your continued racism. So they fight you. They study and research whites to develop things based on that research. They teach classes based on what they learned so we can come to understand each other and move towards a better place. Thy aren't crying about how whites are portrayed while doing that work. They stare it in the face and work destroy it while whites like you cry.

There is something wrong with you to lie about groups like BLM and to make your claims about what you think many blacks do. You have a problem when you think you can call blacks thugs then cry because whites are described as racists. Us is us black people. I'm tired of whites like you paying childish games of semantics. So stop doing it. I don't have to be a rioter to say us blacks. You said there was some truth to what he sad. But you don't point out those truths. Instead you. decided talk about how blacks rioting was different from what whites did even as.the riots by blacks were caused by unjust actions by whites which may actually have been more unjust than the decision made by the British. This is par for the course for whites who think like you.

There are over 4,000 threads in his section. The majority of them are by whites denigrating blacks. Whites such as you think you have license to tell us what our problems are, even as you don' know or refuse to accept what our biggest problem really is. You do this even as there are bigger ones in your own community. This is the race and racism section. White is a race and whites need to look at their own problems instead of running your mouths about everyone else. Until whites here do, this is what you are going to get.

Last edited:
WHITE ON WHITE CRIME

Why can't whites talk about white on white crime?

You ignored the first 7 minutes of the video and chose to misquote something from the last minute.

First of all, it was NOT a misquote. As I said, it was taken verbatim from the video. Wise says at about 7:30 "The very founding of the country was rooted in violence.". You posted the goddamned thing, check it out. Secondly, you keep harping that I ignored the first 7 minutes. I didn't ignore it, I just didn't comment on it. Thirdly, when I posted the article by Riley, the only point you commented on was to say he was wrong about the government bending over backwards for blacks. Other than that, all you said was that he's full of shit, an Uncle Tom and that you are more educated than he is.

Your position seems to be that if someone doesn't agree with you a hundred percent on a racial issue and they don't shout to the rafters "Yes! You are correct on all of it! How could I be so stupid!?", they're racist or an Uncle Tom. Unless I had agreed with you completely on everything I was doomed from the start to be labeled a racist by you. I never stood a chance and neither does any white person who does not cower under your withering righteous rage and self flagellates their wretched white skin for you.

I did not miss anything. You did not point out the things he said in the first 7 minutes. You decided to run your mouth about black riots.

Wise brought up the subject of black riots, not me. That's what I was commenting on.

You say you don't respect people who destroy property but you would never have mentioned whites doing it had I not rode you about it.

I hadn't even heard about the pumpkin festival riot until you brought it up. I had to do a Google search to find out what it was about.

You want tell me how tired some whites are. You aren't 1/1000th as tired of whatever you claim to be tired of than we are of the garbage whites like you do.

And once again you turn it into a contest. I don't care if blacks were enslaved a thousand years, if you tell me that a cotton display is racist, I'm calling you on your bullshit.

And I say whites like you bcause there are whites who can accept there are whites who are racists and don't whine about it as you do.

I never whined about there being racist whites or denied that they exist or defended them. I never said much about white racists one way or the other because you are doing enough white shaming for everybody. All I ever said was say that some blacks are racist.

What you have done from the beginning is criticize me and condemn me as racist based solely on the things I did not say.

And you really have nothing to disagree with because what is being presented is what whtes are doing. The sun comes up every day. And for you to disagree with that because you see a few cloudy days is stump stupid. You might have clouds in your town, but the sun has risen. The same for whites and racism. You say how much you are not a racist and you think that means whites cannot be called racists,

Putting words in my mouth again. I say I am not a racist and I'm not. I never said whites cannot be racist. Show me where I said that.

but whites are still practicing racism. And what you call black racism is whites lke you trying to escape responsibility in order to point fingers at others.

Responsibility for what?

If I rape your daughter and you beat me to within an inch of my life, I have no right to cry about you being angry. But whites like you think the racism whites have put on people of color should come with no consequence. No one should be angry, no one should hate whites and we all should just take it and move n. Those who are angry about what whites KEEP DOING TO US are called racists. Your inability to accept responsibility makes it even worse.

I personally have never "put" racism on any person of color so there's no responsibility to accept.

You are the one with the problem. There are whites who can accept their history without whining. And to show just how you have been race baited by white conservatives, these are not whites who feel guilty. They are angry. Angry at the stain you denying whites put on them with your continued racism. So they fight you. They study and research whites to develop things based on that research. They teach classes based on what they learned so we can come to understand each other and move towards a better place.

"...understand each other"? This presumes that both sides listen to the other and take their words and experiences into consideration. That may be true of some blacks but it is definitely not the case with you. You don't want blacks and whites to understand each other, you want whites to understand that they are racist, always have been and owe you for it. In fact, when I related my experience of black racism, you didn't try to understand it one iota. You called me a liar and accused me of concocting the story, then assumed and implied that I HAD to have done something to him to set him off such as belittling him before other crew members or something and finally, you tried to justify it with the history of white racism.

Don't try to come off as the virtuous and noble one now, that ship has sailed and foundered on the rocks of your hypocrisy before even getting out of the harbor.

There is something wrong with you to lie about groups like BLM and to make your claims about what you think many blacks do. You have a problem when you think you can call blacks thugs then cry because whites are described as racists. Us is us black people.

I was talking about black rioters, not blacks. I already told you that.

I'm tired of whites like you paying childish games of semantics. So stop doing it. I don't have to be a rioter to say us blacks. You said there was some truth to what he sad. But you don't point out those truths. Instead you. decided talk about how blacks rioting was different from what whites did even as.the riots by blacks were caused by unjust actions by whites which may actually have been more unjust than the decision made by the British. This is par for the course for whites who think like you.

There are over 4,000 threads in his section. The majority of them are by whites denigrating blacks. Whites such as you think you have license to tell us what our problems are, even as you don' know or refuse to accept what our biggest problem really is. You do this even as there are bigger ones in your own community. This is the race and racism section. White is a race and whites need to look at their own problems instead of running your mouths about everyone else. Until whites here do, this is what you are going to get.

You're absolutely right, white is a race and whites need to look at their own problems instead of running our mouths about everyone else. By the same token, black is a race and blacks need to look at their own problems instead of trying to get everyone else to either solve them or pay for them.

We have people running around telling us black folks that we are always looking for racism. They are stupid enough to make comments about people finding racism if you look hard enough. Now think about this for a minute. Blacks who want to get rid of racism are spending all their days going around looking for racism so we can stay upset, mad and stressed out. How stupid is that? There are some whites who have told me that I wake up only to go looking for racism. This kind of thinking strains the definition of sanity. So I wake up every morning, drink my coffee, then leave home to begin my daily search for a reason to be miserable, unhappy and angry. It is enough to make a person commit an act of violence when some whites, or stupid nonwhites dare speak this foolishness.

I would rather pass by the amusement park just to go find that Klan rally. I would rather sell my ticket to a pro football game to go find a Richard Spencer seminar. I would rather by pass a date with a beautiful woman to go watch a Jared Taylor lecture. If I have a job, I will clock in and spend my day looking for examples of ways to be insulted by race so I can spend all day long mad and miserable. I’m accusing the company of racism because they give me pencils with black lead, or provide black pens to write with. If I am having a conversation with someone white I just can’t wait to hear them say something racist, so I can have hurt feelings and anger that I must hold inside of me for the rest of the day until I can get home. When I watch TV, instead of being entertained I watch TV only to look for examples of racism so I can stay angry and bitter towards all whites. If I go to a cajun restaurant, I will order the blackened fish on purpose so I can scream how the restaurant is a racist establishment so I can leave hungry and mad. I think black ice is a racist designation for ice, so I am mad at the weather person for making racist comments. This is how incredibly stupid some people are. This level of stupidity has to be unprecedented.

Psychosis is characterized by an impaired relationship with reality. Apparently there are whites here that suffer from this condition. Specifically Delusional disorder. A person experiencing delusional disorder strongly believes in things that aren’t real. Their posts are evidence of this. You racists may want to check your health insurance to see if your condition is covered then go seek the appropriate medical help.

"...understand each other"? This presumes that both sides listen to the other and take their words and experiences into consideration. That may be true of some blacks but it is definitely not the case with you. You don't want blacks and whites to understand each other, you want whites to understand that they are racist, always have been and owe you for it. In fact, when I related my experience of black racism, you didn't try to understand it one iota. You called me a liar and accused me of concocting the story, then assumed and implied that I HAD to have done something to him to set him off such as belittling him before other crew members or something and finally, you tried to justify it with the history of white racism.

Don't try to come off as the virtuous and noble one now, that ship has sailed and foundered on the rocks of your hypocrisy before even getting out of the harbor.

If you call what you have been doing listening, you are crazy. I posted this:

There are whites who can accept their history without whining. And to show just how you have been race baited by white conservatives, these are not whites who feel guilty. They are angry. Angry at the stain you denying whites put on them with your continued racism. So they fight you. They study and research whites to develop things based on that research. They teach classes based on what they learned so we can come to understand each other and move towards a better place.

This is about whites teaching each other about things so we can come to understand each other.

You have not faced black racism. You tell us a black man spit on you. I didn't excuse that. I denounced it from jump. But what I have done is challenge your claim because based on EEOC standards that would not pass for racism. There is no evidence he spit on you because he was white. He said this is what I think about you. Did he say this is what I think about white people? Did he say this is what I think about you white boy? .Not according to your story. And if this was racism, why didn't you file a racial complaint? You wouldn't have won, because you didn't document what was said. You see this is how the law works, but whites like you seem to think you can just accuse and it's so.

You have been shown laws and policies enacted by whites, You have not faced any of that from blacks. When I talk about racism it is from that level. I've told you this before and if you are not willing to discuss this at the level I am then this discussion is over. I am not going to discuss individual situations in order to dismiss a continuing history of laws and policies that have affected all 46 million blacks and millions more other people of color in this country. There is nothing blacks have enacted that affects the lives of all the 200 million whites here in America.

There are whites who can accept their history without whining. And to show just how you have been race baited by white conservatives, these are not whites who feel guilty. They are angry. Angry at the stain you denying whites put on them with your continued racism. So they fight you. They study and research whites to develop things based on that research. They teach classes based on what they learned so we can come to understand each other and move towards a better place.

This is about whites teaching each other about things so we can come to understand each other.

If you don't even think that a white person (me) can discern black racism when he sees it, what do you think other whites are going to teach me?

You have not faced black racism. You tell us a black man spit on you. I didn't excuse that. I denounced it from jump.

Below is the first thing you said that directly addressed my story. This is from your post, #2196, page 220 of the "Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites" thread dated May 8:

"LOL! You have not faced black racism. What you are dong is pretending that whites did nothing to create the anger you faced and concocted a story you can use to reduce our experiences into something that happens to everyone so we have no right to complain."

You gonna stick with that defense? Right out of the starting gate you called me a liar by accusing me of concocting the story. As time went by it went from a story created out of whole cloth to saying it was not really black racism; to assuming I did something to the guy to deserve it; to saying it was justified due to black anger at the history of white racism. It wasn't until the other day that you acknowledged that it was a chickenshit thing to do but you still can't admit it was racism.

But what I have done is challenge your claim because based on EEOC standards that would not pass for racism. There is no evidence he spit on you because he was white. He said this is what I think about you. Did he say this is what I think about white people? Did he say this is what I think about you white boy? .Not according to your story. And if this was racism, why didn't you file a racial complaint? You wouldn't have won, because you didn't document what was said. You see this is how the law works, but whites like you seem to think you can just accuse and it's so.

I've already told you all there is to know about that incident. He assumed I was singling him and the other black crew member out because they were black. If I had been a black captain it would have been a non-issue.

There happens to have been another Honduran black guy that worked with our company for a time and he was on my vessel when he accused the white chief engineer of racism. I was driving the boat at the time so I asked the two of them to come to the bridge so we could discuss it. He took issue with the way the chief spoke to him and thought he was racist. Thing is, that chief always had a very direct way of speaking to people and it wasn't personal but the guy was insulted I guess.
I don't remember exactly how the conversation went but I do remember he kept trying to end the discussion by leaving the bridge. I had to call him back twice so we could talk it out but by the third attempt to leave the bridge it was clear he had his mind made up that the chief was racist and didn't want to discuss it anymore.

When I related that story to other coworkers over time I was told by those who had also worked with him that that was his thing: crying racism. Apparently he had a reputation for it.

The point is, some blacks are paranoid about such things and see racists behind every tree.

If you don't even think that a white person (me) can discern black racism when he sees it, what do you think other whites are going to teach me?

You have not faced black racism. You tell us a black man spit on you. I didn't excuse that. I denounced it from jump.

Below is the first thing you said that directly addressed my story. This is from your post, #2196, page 220 of the "Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites" thread dated May 8:

"LOL! You have not faced black racism. What you are dong is pretending that whites did nothing to create the anger you faced and concocted a story you can use to reduce our experiences into something that happens to everyone so we have no right to complain."

You gonna stick with that defense? Right out of the starting gate you called me a liar by accusing me of concocting the story. As time went by it went from a story created out of whole cloth to saying it was not really black racism; to assuming I did something to the guy to deserve it; to saying it was justified due to black anger at the history of white racism. It wasn't until the other day that you acknowledged that it was a chickenshit thing to do but you still can't admit it was racism.

But what I have done is challenge your claim because based on EEOC standards that would not pass for racism. There is no evidence he spit on you because he was white. He said this is what I think about you. Did he say this is what I think about white people? Did he say this is what I think about you white boy? .Not according to your story. And if this was racism, why didn't you file a racial complaint? You wouldn't have won, because you didn't document what was said. You see this is how the law works, but whites like you seem to think you can just accuse and it's so.

I've already told you all there is to know about that incident. He assumed I was singling him and the other black crew member out because they were black. If I had been a black captain it would have been a non-issue.

There happens to have been another Honduran black guy that worked with our company for a time and he was on my vessel when he accused the white chief engineer of racism. I was driving the boat at the time so I asked the two of them to come to the bridge so we could discuss it. He took issue with the way the chief spoke to him and thought he was racist. Thing is, that chief always had a very direct way of speaking to people and it wasn't personal but the guy was insulted I guess.
I don't remember exactly how the conversation went but I do remember he kept trying to end the discussion by leaving the bridge. I had to call him back twice so we could talk it out but by the third attempt to leave the bridge it was clear he had his mind made up that the chief was racist and didn't want to discuss it anymore.

When I related that story to other coworkers over time I was told by those who had also worked with him that that was his thing: crying racism. Apparently he had a reputation for it.

The point is, some blacks are paranoid about such things and see racists behind every tree.

That's not racism. And you are making an assumption. The reality is the captain was not black and that whites do carry a long record of racism. You expect us to just assume you aren't racist but when we do that generally whites start acting the most racist. You call us paranoid but until you turn black and live you have no right to say that. And maybe the chief was racist. And those co workers you talk about, were they white?

I'm sticking to the truth here. There was no racism here. You assumed things. In your statement above you said he assumed you were singling him out because he was black. That's not racism. You assumed that if a black captain had singled him out things would be fine which is an assumption that you don't know is true and you claim that's black racism against you. None of those things were racist. There is not one place you could take hat story and file a suit proving racism. But you keep repeating how up faced is black racism. I said that what you call black racism is not racism because it is caused by history of white racism. I also said that what you call black racism is our reaction to the racism of whites. All of hat is true. And from the start I condemned him spitting on you.

And that's a hell of a lot more than you have ever done to recognize the reality of what white racism has done to us. Instead it's the usual white racist what about me or I'm white and blacks have been racist to me, and every other excuse but the recognizing of the fact that white racism created the hostility blacks may have for white people. And I'm not just talking about things from the long ago selected parts of the past whites like you want not to discuss, but dealing with whites like you can make a brother gain great disdain for white people because of your refusal to accept what whites have done and to understand what it has caused.

Ghostrider, paranoia is unjustified fear. Whites have committed racist acts against us CONTINUOUSLY for from a least 1640 until right now. So we can't be paranoid if our fear is justified on the grounds of the behavior of white people.

We have people running around telling us black folks that we are always looking for racism. They are stupid enough to make comments about people finding racism if you look hard enough. Now think about this for a minute. Blacks who want to get rid of racism are spending all their days going around looking for racism so we can stay upset, mad and stressed out. How stupid is that? There are some whites who have told me that I wake up only to go looking for racism. This kind of thinking strains the definition of sanity. So I wake up every morning, drink my coffee, then leave home to begin my daily search for a reason to be miserable, unhappy and angry. It is enough to make a person commit an act of violence when some whites, or stupid nonwhites dare speak this foolishness.

Psychosis is characterized by an impaired relationship with reality. Apparently there are whites here that suffer from this condition. Specifically Delusional disorder. A person experiencing delusional disorder strongly believes in things that aren’t real. Their posts are evidence of this. You racists may want to check your health insurance to see if your condition is covered then go seek the appropriate medical help.

That's not racism. And you are making an assumption. The reality is the captain was not black and that whites do carry a long record of racism.

If the black man in this case was not racist then what does the history of white racism have to do with anything? Are you assuming that I was the racist because of the history of white racism?

You expect us to just assume you aren't racist but when we do that generally whites start acting the most racist.

So then you assume that I was the racist?

You call us paranoid but until you turn black and live you have no right to say that.

Again, who is "us"? I said some blacks are paranoid.

And maybe the chief was racist.

Then again, maybe he was not racist. Did that possibility even occur to you?

And those co workers you talk about, were they white?

Does it matter?

I'm sticking to the truth here.

You said "I denounced it from jump". As I've proven with your own words, that is simply not true. You accused me of concocting the story at the outset. Do you deny this? It's right here.

There was no racism here. You assumed things. In your statement above you said he assumed you were singling him out because he was black. That's not racism. You assumed that if a black captain had singled him out things would be fine which is an assumption that you don't know is true and you claim that's black racism against you.

You're assuming it was not racism.

None of those things were racist. There is not one place you could take hat story and file a suit proving racism.

What about me? Would you be able to win a suit against me based on my saying "Some blacks are racist"? In your world that's all it takes to be a white racist but spitting on a white person is not enough to be a black racist.

But you keep repeating how up faced is black racism. I said that what you call black racism is not racism because it is caused by history of white racism. I also said that what you call black racism is our reaction to the racism of whites. All of hat is true.

So then his spitting on me was justified?

And from the start I condemned him spitting on you.

The fuck you did. I just proved that your first response to my story was that I made it up. Man, you've got gall.

And that's a hell of a lot more than you have ever done to recognize the reality of what white racism has done to us. Instead it's the usual white racist what about me or I'm white and blacks have been racist to me, and every other excuse but the recognizing of the fact that white racism created the hostility blacks may have for white people. And I'm not just talking about things from the long ago selected parts of the past whites like you want not to discuss, but dealing with whites like you can make a brother gain great disdain for white people because of your refusal to accept what whites have done and to understand what it has caused.

If I said I felt "great disdain" for black people, you would say I'm racist, would you not?

Ghostrider, paranoia is unjustified fear. Whites have committed racist acts against us CONTINUOUSLY for from a least 1640 until right now. So we can't be paranoid if our fear is justified on the grounds of the behavior of white people.

So then, rather than judge individual whites on their own words and actions, all whites are to be mistrusted and judged against the history of white racism. Is that what you're saying?

People will cite high violent crime as a problem in black communities and cannot understand that if we recognize the pattern of coping behaviors, aggression is one of the methods used to cope with stress.

That "stress" is caused by little black minds poisoned to believe that EDUCATION and learning is "too white". And they choose a Thug Culture that promotes killing, drugs, misogyny, and crime as their "cultural role model". Those cities choose to LOWER the academic expectations in their schools and ALLOW about 70% to graduate essentially uneducated and illiterate.

Those cities ABUSE working people just getting by sucking them up into a judicial system that's too rigid, not innovative and responsive to their plight and unconcerned with their tenuous economic situations. And they TAX everything to death. They are of NO HELP to fixing a damn thing. These leaders are MORE concerned about butchering the statistics to make them look good. Both academic statistics and crime statistics.

I didn't have a role in any of that. I'm part of the process to invent new ways of providing public services to the working class poor. What are YOU doing about it -- other than calling every white person a racist for not understanding the situation?

Wrong answer son. You've improved nothing. I've got racist policies changed that helped communities. I've helped blacks start and build businesses. I took kids out of gangs and helped then get post secondary educations. That just a few of the things I've done. I call you a racist because you are a racist.

Whites invented the thug culture bigot.

These people don't look black to me. They look as white as hell and they are thugs, misogynists, drug dealers who are criminals all promoted by white culture to the point of an award wining TV series. Now shut the fuck up.

All whites like you are is good for excuses. You're a loser.

You're wasting your time, social cons/white nationalists will double speak you to death. They sit here talking about "per capita" because that is the only argument they can make to support their agenda, but when the conversation is about police killing blacks at a rate of two times that of whites, then they want to forget about "per capita" and focus on total number. There is too many here with the same agenda to even attempt to discuss it. They just want you to smile and dance for them.

No really it's not racial at all. It's that you can't talk about "white people having higher RATES of crime then blacks" when the accurate statement is "white people commit MORE crimes than blacks"... Statistics are based on English words. What you're trying to PROVE has to match the math.

That latter statement is a snooze. Because it COMPARES NOTHING in terms of RELATIVE rates unless you normalize it per capita. You don't have to MAKE statistics racial.
I'll believe that when the social cons/white nationalists stop using "per capita" argument to deflect from whatever topic they dont like to talk about.

Until then, I'll just keep pointing out the double standard.

Im2 sock ^^^^^^

That's not racism. And you are making an assumption. The reality is the captain was not black and that whites do carry a long record of racism.

If the black man in this case was not racist then what does the history of white racism have to do with anything? Are you assuming that I was the racist because of the history of white racism?

You expect us to just assume you aren't racist but when we do that generally whites start acting the most racist.

You call us paranoid but until you turn black and live you have no right to say that.

Does it matter?

You said "I denounced it from jump". As I've proven with your own words, that is simply not true. You accused me of concocting the story at the outset. Do you deny this? It's right here.

There was no racism here. You assumed things. In your statement above you said he assumed you were singling him out because he was black. That's not racism. You assumed that if a black captain had singled him out things would be fine which is an assumption that you don't know is true and you claim that's black racism against you.

None of those things were racist. There is not one place you could take hat story and file a suit proving racism.

What about me? Would you be able to win a suit against me based on my saying "Some blacks are racist"? In your world that's all it takes to be a white racist but spitting on a white person is not enough to be a black racist.

But you keep repeating how up faced is black racism. I said that what you call black racism is not racism because it is caused by history of white racism. I also said that what you call black racism is our reaction to the racism of whites. All of hat is true.

The fuck you did. I just proved that your first response to my story was that I made it up. Man, you've got gall.

If I said I felt "great disdain" for black people, you would say I'm racist, would you not?

So then, rather than judge individual whites on their own words and actions, all whites are to be mistrusted and judged against the history of white racism. Is that what you're saying?

No that's not what I'm saying. And the excuse you use about individual whites being judged is not going to be listened to. We are talking about laws and policies. Since individual laws ad polies were not made for blacks we are not going to look at things as you want in order for you to deny what these things have done so you can say you didn't do it... So if you can't discuss the effects those have had upon people then we have nothing to talk about.

Tomorrrow night there is going to be a town hall on MSNBC called Everyday Racism, you might want to watch it.

Does it matter?

No that's not what I'm saying.

You're saying fear and paranoia on the part of blacks is justified based on the history of white racism. So, are you saying that even if the black person is wrong about my being a racist, it's okay because he mistrusts all whites? If that is not what you're saying then what are you saying?

And the excuse you use about individual whites being judged is not going to be listened to.

Why not? Do you not think that individual whites should be judged by their actions?

We are talking about laws and policies.

No, we are not. We are talking about my individual experience with black racism.

Since individual laws ad polies were not made for blacks we are not going to look at things as you want in order for you to deny what these things have done so you can say you didn't do it... So if you can't discuss the effects those have had upon people then we have nothing to talk about.

I notice every time you start getting cornered on your own bullshit you retreat to the old tried and true argument about white racist history.

Tomorrrow night there is going to be a town hall on MSNBC called Everyday Racism, you might want to watch it.

Um, I don't think so. I am not going to sit there and listen to some white dipshit tell me how racist I am. I've had enough of that drivel which is part of the reason I joined this forum in the first place.

Now that those are dealt with, I asked you a few questions in my last post that you (of course) failed to answer and that I think need to be addressed.

1.) Do you deny accusing me of concocting my story of black racism?
2.) In my story of black racism, are you assuming that I was the racist because of the history of white racism?
3.) In the more recent story of the chief engineer being called racist, you said maybe he was racist. I said maybe he wasn't. Did that possibility even occur to you?
4.) You asked if the coworkers that told me this guy had a history of crying racism were white. I asked you if it matters. Does it?
5.) If I said I felt "great disdain" for black people, you would say I'm racist, would you not?

Does it matter?

No that's not what I'm saying.

You're saying fear and paranoia on the part of blacks is justified based on the history of white racism. So, are you saying that even if the black person is wrong about my being a racist, it's okay because he mistrusts all whites? If that is not what you're saying then what are you saying?

And the excuse you use about individual whites being judged is not going to be listened to.

Why not? Do you not think that individual whites should be judged by their actions?

We are talking about laws and policies.

No, we are not. We are talking about my individual experience with black racism.

Since individual laws ad polies were not made for blacks we are not going to look at things as you want in order for you to deny what these things have done so you can say you didn't do it... So if you can't discuss the effects those have had upon people then we have nothing to talk about.

I notice every time you start getting cornered on your own bullshit you retreat to the old tried and true argument about white racist history.

Um, I don't think so. I am not going to sit there and listen to some white dipshit tell me how racist I am. I've had enough of that drivel which is part of the reason I joined this forum in the first place.

Now that those are dealt with, I asked you a few questions in my last post that you (of course) failed to answer and that I think need to be addressed.

1.) Do you deny accusing me of concocting my story of black racism?
2.) In my story of black racism, are you assuming that I was the racist because of the history of white racism?
3.) In the more recent story of the chief engineer being called racist, you said maybe he was racist. I said maybe he wasn't. Did that possibility even occur to you?
4.) You asked if the coworkers that told me this guy had a history of crying racism were white. I asked you if it matters. Does it?
5.) If I said I felt "great disdain" for black people, you would say I'm racist, would you not?

I am not addressing your last post. I told you this is a macro level discussion. When you are ready to discuss how racism has impacted blacks as a group instead of trying to build a straw man by arguing a micro level argument we will have a discussion. When you are prepared to accurately address, what you get shown in these videos then we will discuss. Why?

There is also the matter of looking at racism as an issue that has affected a large number of people instead of only thinking it’s an individual by individual circumstance. Whites do this to remove themselves from accountability. But racism and its effects upon people of color is a macro level issue that cannot be discussed in terms if individualism. Perhaps it could have been if there had not been legal decisions, laws made and policies developed to deny entire groups access to equal opportunity. But that did not happen so to say we need to look at whites as individuals is not consistent with how whites handled the matter of race.

So if you can't discuss this at the macro level, you have nothing to say. Not me anyway. .

Here's to your number 5.

That's what I said. And you can't say that. Not honestly. If you could, then no could call you a racist. But you can't.

How to argue like a white racist

Here in one place is the list of the most common arguments that white racists use:

1. Anything but race – Racism is over. There must be some Logical Explanation that has nothing to do with race.
  2. Blame-shifting – Blacks like to use the race card, crying racism and blaming whitey, but blacks are to blame for their own mess. Racism is so 1968.
  3. ad hominem – question a commenter’s intelligence, character, age or motives.
  4. Whites are individuals – so you cannot make general statements about whites. Besides, that would be racist.
  5. “Blacks are racist too” – but they do not like to admit it. Find a case where a black person did something just as bad as what they are pointing out.
  6. “You are the racist one” – turn the tables.
  7. “I am offended” – how dare they call you a racist! You do not see a person’s colour – they could be purple for all you care!
  8. Arab trader argument – whites are not as evil as black people like to think. For example, it was not just white people who traded slaves: Arabs did it too! Few blacks know that, so make sure to point that out whenever you can.
  9. “But that happened to me too!” – whatever blacks complain about, try to find a case where a white person – you, a friend, someone in the news – experienced the same thing.
  10. Point out how “ghetto” and disagreeable black people are – because they are and it needs pointing out. No wonder no one gets along with them!
  11. Talk down to them – they are imagining things, they do not know what they are talking about. How dare blacks tell us what we are like. What do they know? Are they white?
  12. straw man – argue against some stock position that is kind of like the post. That way you can copy your comments from another blog. Or from Ann Coulter.
  13. Blacks need to be colour-blind – if they just stopped seeing race and talking about it so much then racism would go away!
  14. Start quoting rape statistics – out of the blue, if necessary. Rates of imprisonment are good too.
  15. The white inventor argument – whites invented everything so shut up already.
  16. Demand proof – Make them prove it beyond a reasonable doubt with facts and figures. Find holes in whatever facts they present. Find counter-facts.
  17. Make it about the past – and point out that your family never owned slaves. When are they going to stop living in the past?
  18. Go back to Africa – if it is so bad here, then go back to Africa already!
  19. Bootstrap – I made it on my own without help from anyone. Blacks expect something for nothing!
  20. Some of my best friends are black – so there is no way I am racist!
  21. Might makes right – all through history.
Most of these arguments take neither the truth nor the experience of black people seriously – because what matters most is white people and their feelings, particularly about feeling good living in a racist society.

Sometimes bad actions deserve impolite speech.- Mark Lamont Hill

Anything but race – Racism is over. There must be some Logical Explanation that has nothing to do with race.
Racism is not over. However, it is a small fraction of the problem it used to be.
Often there is a logical explanation that has nothing to do with race. Race hustlers often look at race first for an explanation. Sometimes a black man gets pulled over because he was actually speeding.

Blame-shifting – Blacks like to use the race card, crying racism and blaming whitey, but blacks are to blame for their own mess. Racism is so 1968
Not all blacks.....some blacks. The American dream is accessible to most regardless of race that work hard and persevere. Some blacks are too busy having a pity party over racism to persevere.

Note: Some whites have their own pity parties rather than persevering.

Forum List

Back