The disturbing view of Muslims in the US

did radical muslims attack the USA on 9/11 ? They are not being scapegoated, they are the enemy of free people the world over.

But we're not talking about "radical muslims", we're talking about ALL MUSLIMS. Go figure.

no one has said that all muslims are radicals. What has been said is the the radicals are in control of the religion.

So then Muslims who are just normal people who are Muslims should not be treated the same as radical Muslims then, right?

Those poor Moslems! They really should be encouraged to move to their "holy lands" where they will not be persecuted by xenophobic Americans.

And here was me thinking the US had freedom of religion.

When it comes to Christians they should be able to do what they like above and beyond the law, when it comes to Muslims they shouldn't even be able to do what is within the law. GO FIGURE!!!

Foriegn Muslims aren't Americans. They have no right to emigrate here, and there's no reason we should allow them to.

Those poor Moslems! They really should be encouraged to move to their "holy lands" where they will not be persecuted by xenophobic Americans.

And here was me thinking the US had freedom of religion.

When it comes to Christians they should be able to do what they like above and beyond the law, when it comes to Muslims they shouldn't even be able to do what is within the law. GO FIGURE!!!

Those poor Moslems!

:rofl:

I was more concerned with the hypocrisy.

No one is above the law, even hillary clinton. are you in favor of muslim women being allowed to have their drivers license pictures with their faces covered by a black sheet?

This country is so screwed up right now, we are kowtowing to every muslim demand and making Christianity a crime.

and you fricken libs just sit there watching and grinning like a jackass eating briars.

No one is above the law, oh, except Kim Davis and anyone who decides their Christian faith comes above the law.

You say it's screwed up kowtowing to every Muslim, but it's CHRISTIANS who are not following the law, and it's Christian Republican Candidates for the Presidency who are backing such people.

What law are you talking about?

What did BUSH do to cause this image? Not all Muslims are terrorist but damn near all terrorists are Muslim, today.

Consider Obama's drone program against brown Muslims, does he get a bit of responisbility.

The left wing whined that after 9/11 there would be riots and persecution of Muslims, never happened. Even after the Boston bombing very little. The left did inflate the ground zero Mosque BS into a racist thing but that is just what liberals do.

The image Muslims have is well earned and them really doing very little about those Muslims who preach hate only adds to the image.

Yeah, many terrorists are Muslims. Hardly surprising really. There are lots of Muslim places that have suffered from invasions from the west. If it were Americans fighting back, you'd say they have balls, but Muslims fight back and... oh, they're just bad. It's all how you want to perceive something really.

Obama is president of the US. He takes responsibility for what has happened, however he didn't start the whole thing and her certainly didn't escalate things like Bush did.

And then you go and expect Muslims to be in the news every day condemning every Muslim terrorist act, but Christians don't have to excuse all the crap that Bush pulled huh?

Muslims aren't just killing Americans. In India they are killing Hindus. In Africa they are killing Christians. In Malaysia they are killing Buddhists. Muslims kill anyone who isn't a Muslim. If you look at where all the conflict and terrorism is in the world, it's wherever Muslims are found.

Blaiming Muslim violence on America is propaganda. It's a bullshit.

ISIS and Al Qaeda are sects of Islam, they have certainly done more than just talk.

My point is that the "normal" muslims that you quoted have done nothing th stop the radicals except talk. That makes me question their credibility.

And what have YOU done to stop them? Nothing? So then we can question your credibility too?

I am not in a position of power or authority over any religious group. So your question is basically---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------stupid

Nor are religious leaders in positions of power over political groups.
duh_smiley.gif

ISIS is NOT a political group. it is a radical religious group. Saudi Arabia has an air force, why don't they bomb ISIS into oblivion?

Is ISIS in Saudi Arabia?

No, because Saudi Arabia built a fence to keep them out.

yes it is the convert or die policy
If you look at what ISIS is doing, they are killing the faithful along with the not so faithful and the infidels. Essential anyone who is not a supporter is their enemy.

The Organization Of Islamic Cooperation which represents 1.4 billion Muslims in 57 nations say, The Islamic State Has "Nothing To Do With Islam," Has Committed Crimes "That Cannot Be Tolerated."

Al-Azhar, the Grand Mufti Shawqi Allam, Egypt's highest religious authority: "Islamic State Is Corrupt And A Danger To Islam."

Arab League: "Strongly Denounced" The "Crimes Against Humanity" Carried Out By The Islamic State.

Turkey's Top Cleric: Islamic State's Threats Are "Hugely Damaging," "Truly Awful."

CAIR Repeatedly Condemned The Islamic State As "Un-Islamic And Morally Repugnant."

The Muslim Council Of Great Britain: "Violence Has No Place In Religion."

The Islamic Society of North America: The Islamic State's Actions "Are To Be Denounced And Are In No Way Representative Of What Islam Actually Teaches."

100 Sunni And Shiite U.K. Imams: The Islamic State Is An "Illegitimate, Vicious Group."

Saudi Arabia's Highest Religious Authority: Terrorists Like The Islamic State Is The "Number One Enemy Of Islam."

Muslim Public Affairs Council: Condemned The Islamic State And Called For "Stand Against Extremism."

Muslim Leaders Have Roundly Denounced Islamic State, But Conservative Media Won't Tell You That

that's all great but its just talk. no action.
Talk is about all religious leaders can do. Islam like Christianity is compose of a number secs (denominations). which have different interpretations of the Quran. Within the sects their are branches, some being strict fundamentalist others more secular. Just as the beliefs of Unitarians and Jehovah's Witnesses vary so do the beliefs of various branches of Islam.

ISIS and Al Qaeda are sects of Islam, they have certainly done more than just talk.

My point is that the "normal" muslims that you quoted have done nothing th stop the radicals except talk. That makes me question their credibility.
Muslims just like Christians, and Jews, have jobs, families, and participate in activities that have nothing to do with their religion. There are some that are religious zealots and their are some that don't event practice their religion. They do exactly what you do, talk. Like you, they aren't fighting ISIS in Syria, or joining anti-terrorist groups because it has nothing to do with them and their lives.

The United States is bombing ISIS, unlike any Moslem country.

Muslims, like blacks, are responsible for the image the US has of them.
Not to say that's justified in all cases but that is reality.

Well that's the racist bigot view....

Can you tell me how Amal Cooney (George Clooney's wife) the Human Rights lawyer is responsible for what is going on in the Middle East.

But hey you christian are the same as Fred Phelps and Jim Jones... You must be a piece of scum... Generalising is great...
She's far more responsible for ISIS than I am responsible for the bombing of the World Trade Center, which is what all you Muslim apologists claim. She's made a career out of defending terrorists.

Can you tell me how Amal Cooney (George Clooney's wife) the Human Rights lawyer is responsible for what is going on in the Middle East.

But hey you christian are the same as Fred Phelps and Jim Jones... You must be a piece of scum... Generalising is great...
Explain to me how Muslims are not responsible for the image they put forth.

And I'm not a Christian.

Are you saying Amal Clooney is responsible for other Muslims....

Are you white... Are you responsible for other White people... What every religion or atheist, are you responsible for others apart of your faith...

Nope, you just generalise and say all muslims are bad because there is a few bad muslims...

REMEMBER THE WESTERN WORLD STARTED INTERFERING WITH THE MIDDLE EAST FIRST....

So Americans aren't in any way to blame for the bombing of the World Trade Center?

And I'm not a Christian.

Are you white... Are you responsible for other White people... What every religion or atheist, are you responsible for others apart of your faith...

Nope, you just generalise and say all muslims are bad because there is a few bad muslims...

Did we?

When was the first 'Interference'?

And please... be as specific as your intellectual limitations allow.
I believe it was the brits and their attempts to spread christianity.
Before that it was the Romans.

Islam didn't exist during the Roman Empire, numskull. When did the Brits attempt to spread Christianity to the Middle East?

And I'm not a Christian.

Did we?

Who supported and sold arms to the Shah and propted up he evil regime?

Who has Millitary bases in Saudi Arabia keeping a dictator protected...

The Shah's regime wasn't half as evil as the one that replaced it, and it wasn't as evil as any of the Muslim run regimes that currently infest the Middle East. The mistake that moron Carter made was not helping the Shah.

that's all great but its just talk. no action.
Talk is about all religious leaders can do. Islam like Christianity is compose of a number secs (denominations). which have different interpretations of the Quran. Within the sects their are branches, some being strict fundamentalist others more secular. Just as the beliefs of Unitarians and Jehovah's Witnesses vary so do the beliefs of various branches of Islam.

Muslims just like Christians, and Jews, have jobs, families, and participate in activities that have nothing to do with their religion. There are some that are religious zealots and their are some that don't event practice their religion. They do exactly what you do, talk. Like you, they aren't fighting ISIS in Syria, or joining anti-terrorist groups because it has nothing to do with them and their lives.

I am talking about Muslim leaders, not the guy who owns the convenience store around the corner.
The guy that owns the convince store, sells rugs, or drives a taxi constitute about 99.99% of all Muslims.

I assume by leaders you mean those that can actually take direct action to fight ISIS. The fact is that almost all the fighters that are engaging ISIS are Iraqis, Kurds, Syrians, and Iranians, nearly all Muslims. Air and logistical support and training has been provided by Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon in addition to the United States, Britain, France, Canada, and Australia. Also in July the Iranian ambassador announced that Iran would issue a blank check to fight ISIS.

Most of the deaths due to Islamic terrorism are Muslims. Al-Qaida has killed 8 times as many Muslims as non-Muslims. Muslims suffered between 82 and 97 percent of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years. And since 911, there has not been a single civilian in the US killed in an Islamic terrorist attack. ISIS, Al-Qaida, and other Islamic terrorist organization are a danger to everyone, but those in most danger are Muslims.

Iran Offered Iraq 'Open Check' in ISIS Fight, Official Says
Military intervention against ISIL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.nctc.gov/docs/2011_NCTC_Annual_Report_Final.pdf

A significant percentage of the guys who own convenience stores endorse what ISIS is doing.

Firstly. Your point.

Muslims are responsible for the image the US has of them. Yes, in part this is true. However not ALL MUSLIMS are responsible for this. Some Muslims are. Why should ALL Muslims be responsible for this image that some have made.

Secondly, Bush helped to make this image, he helped to spread this image.
Then the ones who aren't should step up to the plate and condemn the ones who are making their lives miserable.
Pretty sure they do, unless you're blind.
Well, let's see some. Out of the billion plus muslims, if the majority of them oppose the murdering bastards that commit acts of terrorism and have condemned them, you should be able to post about 10,000 videos. How about 10?

Do 6 million Syrian refugees count?
Muslims are the ones actual most of the fighting against Islamic extremist. The extremist are killing more Muslims than non-Muslim.
Exactly.

Firstly. Your point.

Muslims are responsible for the image the US has of them. Yes, in part this is true. However not ALL MUSLIMS are responsible for this. Some Muslims are. Why should ALL Muslims be responsible for this image that some have made.

The United States has had problems with Muslims since Thomas Jefferson. It's not a new thing.

And Muslims have had problems with the west since the west (mostly Britain and France) invaded Africa, India and many other places. No, wait, since the Crusades when Christians marched across (or sailed to) the Middle East and fought people like Saladin.

What's your point?
Yes and Christians are still vilified for it.

You blamed Bush. My point is this has been going on for centuries.

Except when the pope said he believed in global warming then the left suddenly became Catholics. Lol

I blame Bush for massively intensifying the whole thing. Yes, it's been going on for ages, but the difference between 2000 and 2009 when Bush left office are massive. The view of Muslims is incredibly bad after what Bush did.

As for your Pope comment, what?????

Osama bin Laden "intensified" the whole thing by blowing up the World Trade Center.

Firstly. Your point.

The United States has had problems with Muslims since Thomas Jefferson. It's not a new thing.

And Muslims have had problems with the west since the west (mostly Britain and France) invaded Africa, India and many other places. No, wait, since the Crusades when Christians marched across (or sailed to) the Middle East and fought people like Saladin.

What's your point?

Except when the pope said he believed in global warming then the left suddenly became Catholics. Lol

I blame Bush for massively intensifying the whole thing. Yes, it's been going on for ages, but the difference between 2000 and 2009 when Bush left office are massive. The view of Muslims is incredibly bad after what Bush did.

9/11 MASSIVELY INTENSIFIED it.

WTF is wrong with you morons?

Firstly. Your point.

What's your point?

9/11 MASSIVELY INTENSIFIED it.

WTF is wrong with you morons?

Libs are always trying to rewrite history. How else can they get elected?

And I'm not a Christian.

Did we?

The Shah's regime wasn't half as evil as the one that replaced it, and it wasn't as evil as any of the Muslim run regimes that currently infest the Middle East. The mistake that moron Carter made was not helping the Shah.
The mistake was overthrowing their elected government, and putting in our puppet and his police-state.

And I'm not a Christian.

Did we?

The mistake was overthrowing their elected government, and putting in our puppet and his police-state.

No that wasn't a mistake. That government was no better than the current government.

Forum List

Back