The disturbing view of Muslims in the US

What's the point here? I don't like Islam. I also don't like Christianity. Doesn't mean I wouldn't stand up for people from both religions to have freedoms, rights, and the chance to just get on with their life.
Why not just stand up for the common good of Americans?

How many atrocities and mass murders are we allowed to happen here before we should take greater measures to protect our civilians? As though 9/11 was a total one and done. If another such as that occurs at the hands of Islamic fanatics can we then do some profiling and investigation of mosques and deporting fake Arab students?

What is the "common good of Americans"??

Like better education for all? Better opportunities for all? This sort of thing simply doesn't happen in the US. The rich merely say they're doing these people a favor by letting them rot in ghettos.

What's the point here? I don't like Islam. I also don't like Christianity. Doesn't mean I wouldn't stand up for people from both religions to have freedoms, rights, and the chance to just get on with their life.
Why not just stand up for the common good of Americans?

How many atrocities and mass murders are we allowed to happen here before we should take greater measures to protect our civilians? As though 9/11 was a total one and done. If another such as that occurs at the hands of Islamic fanatics can we then do some profiling and investigation of mosques and deporting fake Arab students?

What is the "common good of Americans"??

Like better education for all? Better opportunities for all? This sort of thing simply doesn't happen in the US. The rich merely say they're doing these people a favor by letting them rot in ghettos.

Better opportunities do in fact happen in the US, and you have the democrats (rich and poor) to thank for 'ghettos,' douche.

We haven't in the past, but there's no reason we can't start.

There's a very good reason we won't start, moron.
It's a stupid reason. Tradition is the dumbest reason of all.

Proving once again you understand nothing about this great country you hate so much.

NO, it proves I understand logic. Doing something because that's what you did in the past is the dumbest possible reason for doing it.

You understand nothing of logic or of the principles upon which my nation was founded. Hell, you didn't even understand my last post.

Sure I do. That's how I know how incredibly stupid you are.

Why do you insist that we have to import these bloodthirsty barbarians into our country?

Does your straw man like to cuddle after?
Why would we want more Muslims to come to America?

Why would we want bigoted cowards to stay in America?

It is a completely valid question.

Why do we want more Muslims to come to America?

It's not a valid question because in the US we don't base immigration decisions on one's religion. If you understood anything about my country you wouldn't need to be told that, you damn simpleton.

It should be able to base immigration on whether the immigrants in question will be good for the US.

Muslims are mostly from crappy Third World nations with crappy educations, skills, culture and politics.

They have little to offer US.

1. I quoted him from his stated reasons for attacking the US. YOu said it was because of "invasions". He sited an example of US protecting his homeland FROM "invasion". YOu might consider that reason valid. I do not.

2. Really? "there are potentially a lot of links between the two over a period of a couple of decades." so we should just lump them together? I think not.

3. So, it's our fault. Because we demanded that the man that killed 3,000 of our citizens be handed over to US to face justice? Really? That was unreasonable of US? That is your position? Seriously?

1) You quoted something without any other context. I'm not saying he was happy that the US was in Saudi Arabia, I'm saying you're trying to make a case this is the reason he hates the West, yet all you've shown is that he was angry at something.

I'm not tell you the exact reasons why bin Laden was angry at the West, merely speculating, but pointing out that what you're claiming just doesn't stand up to scrutiny or logic.

2) I didn't say we should lump them together. However the Mujaheddin has positive connotations in the West and the Taliban negative. Maybe this has a lot to do with all of this.

3) Yes, it's the US's fault for demanding something that was never going to happen. Knowing it was never going to happen, but LYING about the situation in order to further the goals of Bush.

If Iraq wanted the US to hand over Bush or Bremer, responsible for far more than 3,000 deaths in Iraq, would the US hand either of them over straight away at the first request? No they would not. So why should Afghanistan hand someone over when NONE of the proper channels had ever been accessed?

You're dreaming.

1. You said "Invasions" was one reason. Osama cited an example of being protected from invasion as a reason for 9-11. You don't see any relevance between those two statements?

2. You did lump them together.

3. Standing on "proper channels" with an enraged superpower was a choice. It would have been a far better choice for everyone involved to hand him over. Do you doubt that Osama was behind 9-11?

Muslims, like blacks, are responsible for the image the US has of them.
Not to say that's justified in all cases but that is reality.

Firstly. Your point.

Muslims are responsible for the image the US has of them. Yes, in part this is true. However not ALL MUSLIMS are responsible for this. Some Muslims are. Why should ALL Muslims be responsible for this image that some have made.

Secondly, Bush helped to make this image, he helped to spread this image.

when it's raining and you go outside not EVERY raindrop will hit you...but you still use an umbrella...

Not EVERY rattlesnake will bite you but that doesn't mean it's safe to handle rattlesnakes...

Firstly. Your point.

Muslims are responsible for the image the US has of them. Yes, in part this is true. However not ALL MUSLIMS are responsible for this. Some Muslims are. Why should ALL Muslims be responsible for this image that some have made.

when it's raining and you go outside not EVERY raindrop will hit you...but you still use an umbrella...

Not EVERY rattlesnake will bite you but that doesn't mean it's safe to handle rattlesnakes...

Good analogies!

1. You said "Invasions" was one reason. Osama cited an example of being protected from invasion as a reason for 9-11. You don't see any relevance between those two statements?

3. Standing on "proper channels" with an enraged superpower was a choice. It would have been a far better choice for everyone involved to hand him over. Do you doubt that Osama was behind 9-11?

1) No, I don't seem much relevance in your statements. The Middle East has suffered a lot from the West. Many Arabs hate the West because of historical things.

2) You want to get pedantic or you want to debate?

3) Do I doubt it? Doesn't matter does it? Would it have been a better choice for the Taliban? Seriously? I doubt it. I mean, they've been getting their fight, they kicked the US out, they're coming back again. Just watch them creep up on Kabul.

Firstly. Your point.

Er.... great, and? So, if you meet an American in America, you should think they're going to blow your brains out, because hey, more Americans die from Americans than they do from Muslims......

1) No, I don't seem much relevance in your statements. The Middle East has suffered a lot from the West. Many Arabs hate the West because of historical things.

3) Do I doubt it? Doesn't matter does it? Would it have been a better choice for the Taliban? Seriously? I doubt it. I mean, they've been getting their fight, they kicked the US out, they're coming back again. Just watch them creep up on Kabul.

How has the Middle East, "suffered" from the West? It has benefited out of all proportion to any "suffering" it may have experienced.

How has the Middle East, "suffered" from the West? It has benefited out of all proportion to any "suffering" it may have experienced.

without the US oil companies the arabs would still be living in tents and drinking camel piss.

, more Americans die from Americans than they do from Muslims......

"American" and "Muslim" are not mutually exclusive terms, you filthy bigot.

They should be.

They won't be, coward.

I know that's what idiots like you want to impose on America.

"Impose" the principles expressed in the US Constitution? Once again you prove that you understand nothing about my country, squatter.

, more Americans die from Americans than they do from Muslims......

"American" and "Muslim" are not mutually exclusive terms, you filthy bigot.

They should be.

They won't be, coward.

I know that's what idiots like you want to impose on America.

"Impose" the principles expressed in the US Constitution? Once again you prove that you understand nothing about my country, squatter.

What "principle" says we have to allow a race of bloodthirsty savages into our country? The Constitution says Congress shall make all rules regarding immigration and naturalization.

Forum List

Back