The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

We know anything goes with you....

I want better for this land.

You mean, you want people, who do not share your personal beliefs, to live by your religious convictions. Sorry, not going to happen. :)

No, but you want them to live by yours. Hypocrite.

Mine? No, those are the laws. If you are going to open a business, be aware of the laws. Know the laws. If you can't comply with the laws, then don't open a business.

Bad laws are still laws, you are correct. Laws that discriminate against people because of their religious or personal beliefs are unconstitutional.

It is quite likely that a future SC will vacate this ruling.

What are you talking about? Public accommodation laws and anti-discrimination laws? Don't think so. Lol. :D

I am talking about the gay marriage ruling, thats what this thread is basically about.

To you I'm sure it is...................

It's Ok to insult Religion.........Church and State......Church and State.............Cheer when you win a victory and a Nativity scene is not allowed........as the Constitution...................

And say nothing about these events from the very crowds pushing the current debate...................

and demand we say nothing to offend Muslims.................

This issue is not about a CAKE............it is about the path your side chooses to take this country.............and be damned those who disagree..........and their FREEDOM OF RELIGION BE DAMNED...................

And now the Flood Gates of law suits will commence..............via JUDICIAL ACTIVISM.................TO SILENCE ANY DISSENT.................

And at the same time........................say you are for Freedom of Speech..............the only Speech that is Free to be said in your little world.............is anything you agree with............

No others need apply...................

Who says you can't say anything that offends Muslims? Is that a law?

No, its a policy of the obama administration.

Funny, I see people here make remarks about Muslims all the time. Perhaps you are one of them.

Remarks about radical muslim terrorists who want to kill you and me? Yes, I have and will continue to do so. Obama can kiss my cajun ass as he caters to muslims.

Well, then, no one is stopping you from making these remarks, are they? Have you been fined or arrested? No? Then what is your point?

BTW, was the whitehouse lit up in red, white, and blue yesterday? or still in rainbow?

Because no one talks (or is allowed to) about the big mess doesn't mean there isn't one.

Yep, count on it?
Still trying to figure out why Polygamy is a problem for you Pops? Oh did you simply give up?

We know anything goes with you....

I want better for this land.

You mean, you want people, who do not share your personal beliefs, to live by your religious convictions. Sorry, not going to happen. :)

Not religious convictions but THE LAW.

Mine? No, those are the laws. If you are going to open a business, be aware of the laws. Know the laws. If you can't comply with the laws, then don't open a business.

Bad laws are still laws, you are correct. Laws that discriminate against people because of their religious or personal beliefs are unconstitutional.

What are you talking about? Public accommodation laws and anti-discrimination laws? Don't think so. Lol. :D

I am talking about the gay marriage ruling, thats what this thread is basically about.

Okay, why don't you clearly state your reason for wanting to deny gay people the same rights and privileges that you have please. :)

Who says you can't say anything that offends Muslims? Is that a law?

Funny, I see people here make remarks about Muslims all the time. Perhaps you are one of them.

Remarks about radical muslim terrorists who want to kill you and me? Yes, I have and will continue to do so. Obama can kiss my cajun ass as he caters to muslims.

Well, then, no one is stopping you from making these remarks, are they? Have you been fined or arrested? No? Then what is your point?

BTW, was the whitehouse lit up in red, white, and blue yesterday? or still in rainbow?

I don't believe so, but that would be a great idea for Independence Day. In fact, I just mentioned that in another thread.

Okay, why don't you clearly state your reason for wanting to deny gay people the same rights and privileges that you have please. :)

I want them to have every right that I have. I want a gay bakery to be able to refuse service to the KKK or the black panthers or the skinheads.

I want a gay bakery to be free to bake a rebel flag cake or to refuse to bake one.

I want muslims to be free to serve nothing but halal foods or to serve pork if they choose.

Freedom is a two way street.

I don't believe so, but that would be a great idea for Independence Day. In fact, I just mentioned that in another thread.

So you see Obama's agenda as being anti american when he lights up the people's house in rainbow colors but does not light it up in patriotic colors on July 4th?

Do you not see what is wrong with that?

You see, the thing is, is that this is America. We are a nation based upon secular laws that favors fairness over religious convictions, because everyone who lives here in America does not share the same belief system. If we were a theocracy, then it would be a different story. Iran is a good example of a theocracy. I like the fact that my country is nothing like Iran and that our laws are secular based rather than theocracy based.

So you see Obama's agenda as being anti american when he lights up the people's house in rainbow colors but does not light it up in patriotic colors on July 4th?

Do you not see what is wrong with that?

Look, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that because I support equal rights and privileges for all American citizens, that I am an Obama supporter. You couldn't BE more wrong. I am not a liberal. I am more a libertarian.

^^^

Well, I guess I do hold some liberal social beliefs, to be completely honest, but I also agree with conservatives on some issues too, so I guess I'm actually a centrist.

I want them to have every right that I have. I want a gay bakery to be able to refuse service to the KKK or the black panthers or the skinheads.

I want a gay bakery to be free to bake a rebel flag cake or to refuse to bake one.

I want muslims to be free to serve nothing but halal foods or to serve pork if they choose.

Sorry, but discrimination does not equal freedom in any sense of the word. If you are to open a business, look up the laws in your area and do not break them, or you will be the one who pays.

Refusing to make a cake for the KKK really is not the same as refusing gays. I don't think a judge in the world would force someone to work with a hate group.

Muslims and Jews are free to serve only halal or kosher foods. That's the whole point of their business.

Refusing to make a cake for the KKK really is not the same as refusing gays. I don't think a judge in the world would force someone to work with a hate group.

Muslims and Jews are free to serve only halal or kosher foods. That's the whole point of their business.

Do you think the gay mafia is not a hate group? Their rhetoric is the most hate filled of any group on the scene today.

Do you think the gay mafia is not a hate group? Their rhetoric is the most hate filled of any group on the scene today.

Your opinion. Probably not a viable legal defense.

The gay mafia? :lol:

you just made my point. serving halal or kosher is based on religious beliefs, should they be forced to serve bacon and pork chops rather than offend pork eaters?

you libs are all over the place on this, your theories always fall apart because of your false circular logic.

Okay, why don't you try to reverse the discrimination and see how YOU would feel . . . probably quite angry.

The gay mafia? :lol:

Yes, the ones who spit on a catholic priest and performed gay sex acts in public in "celebration" of the SC ruling.

Okay, why don't you try to reverse the discrimination and see how YOU would feel . . . probably quite angry.

You don't realize it but by being fined for their religious beliefs the bakers were being discriminated against.

you just made my point. serving halal or kosher is based on religious beliefs, should they be forced to serve bacon and pork chops rather than offend pork eaters?

you libs are all over the place on this, your theories always fall apart because of your false circular logic.

I think this is silly. I don't consider gay people a "hate group." I see them as a group of people who feel disenfranchised because people want to discriminate against them. They get angry, they act out. Can you blame them though? I know if I walked into a bakery, happy, wanting to have you bake me a cake for my upcoming wedding and you refused to do so because I was a heterosexual, I would probably be quite pissed off about it and it would make me feel bad too.

Forum List

Back