The extreme cold, the USA is experiencing, s a result of global warming

Trump and Biden are going to be frairly equal on the amount they increase the budget

Biden and Trump will be about equal in the amount they will increase the debt.

True conservatives would not support closing closing our economy or anyone who increased the debt as much as Trump did in 4 years.

You're right, I don't support Biden's increase with no shut down.

Trenberth is one of the "holy trinity" of climatologists. What sort of science claims that it need not be repeatable?

It's a simple question, so why are yiu dodging
I hope you are following Trenberth's suggested actions.
Didn't think you would be a Trenberth fan.

Trenberth's statement after some misquoted him.
It is quite clear from the paper that I was not questioning the link between anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions and warming, or even suggesting that recent temperatures are unusual in the context of short-term natural variability."[22]

Did you just say the climate record of the planet is minutia? I am beginning to think you aren't educated.
No, I said your data in the post was minutia. It is big time minutia.

The goal is to be able to provide a summary everyone can understand.
You can have too many variables in any analysis. You do not want to get lost in your own details.

The Chinese red death is the primary variable. Why try and hide that?

The goal is to be able to provide a summary everyone can understand.
You can have too many variables in any analysis. You do not want to get lost in your own details.

I understand that Trump's total included a year of shut down.
Biden's total will be larger, with no shut down.

No, I said your data in the post was minutia. It is big time minutia.
It's literally the temperature record of the planet. How is the temperature record of the planet minutia?

The only possible reason you could say that was to dismiss it because it is way over your ability to decipher it. So rather than admit that you are a dumbass you dismiss the temperature record of the planet as minutia. You are a moron.

Of course you do. Trenberth is a pseudo scientist.

I see you're still a blatant liar.

From his Wikipedia article.

Kevin Edward Trenberth CNZM (born 8 November 1944) worked as a climatologist at the Climate Analysis Section at the US NCAR National Center for Atmospheric Research.[2][3] He was appointed Distinguished Scholar at NCAR in 2020. He is also an honorary faculty member in the Physics Department at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. He was a lead author of the 1995, 2001 and 2007 IPCC Scientific Assessment of Climate Change (see IPCC Fourth Assessment Report) and served on the Scientific Steering Group for the Climate Variability and Predictability (CLIVAR) program.

Trenberth chaired the WCRP Observation and Assimilation Panel from 2004 to 2010 and chaired the Global Energy and Water Exchanges (GEWEX) scientific steering group from 2010 to 2013 (member 2007–14). In addition, he served on the Joint Scientific Committee of the World Climate Research Programme, and has made significant contributions to research into El Niño-Southern Oscillation.[4]

Trenberth has published a very large number of publications (634 publications plus 4 videos, and many blogs and podcasts as of November 2023).[3] In addition, his work is also highly cited by other scientists which is shown by his h-index of 136 (136 papers have over 136 citations) in 2023.[5]

Trenberth has New Zealand and U.S. citizenship.

Early life and family​

Trenberth was born in Christchurch on 8 November 1944, the eldest son of Ngaira Trenberth (née Eyre) and Edward Maurice Trenberth.[6][7][8] He was educated at Linwood High School, where he was dux in 1962,[8] and went on to study at the University of Canterbury, graduating BSc(Hons) with first-class honours in 1966.[9]

After completing his studies at Canterbury, Trenberth worked at the Meteorological Service of New Zealand for two years, and was awarded a research fellowship in 1968 that allowed him to undertake doctoral studies at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.[8][10] His ScD thesis, supervised by Edward Norton Lorenz and completed in 1972, was titled Dynamic coupling of the stratosphere with the troposphere and sudden stratospheric warmings.[11]

Trenberth returned to the Meteorological Service in Wellington, where he worked until moving the University of Illinois in 1977, and then NCAR in 1984.[6][12]

You only care about what one man says. Your posts show a person who does no research.
You answer with emotion, not facts.

Do you understand the facts? ... irradiation is proportional to the fourth power of temperature ... the State of California expects all her 14-year-old children to understand that statement ...

Do you? ...

I asked "WHERE" ... you give no answer ... because climate change isn't happening anywhere ... stop the lying ...

Yeah, I listen to Max Planck ... so does everybody ... who's radiation law should we be using? ...

It's literally the temperature record of the planet. How is the temperature record of the planet minutia?

The only possible reason you could say that was to dismiss it because it is way over your ability to decipher it. So rather than admit that you are a dumbass you dismiss the temperature record of the planet as minutia. You are a moron.
Please explain how the data relates to the current discussion of human activities contributing to climate change.

Do you understand the facts? ... irradiation is proportional to the fourth power of temperature ... the State of California expects all her 14-year-old children to understand that statement ...

Do you? ...

I asked "WHERE" ... you give no answer ... because climate change isn't happening anywhere ... stop the lying ...

Yeah, I listen to Max Planck ... so does everybody ... who's radiation law should we be using? ...
Please explain how quantum physics relates to whether human behavior is contributing to climate change.

Quantum physics is used as a measure of what is happening. Cause and effect is the part of science we focus on using quantum physics as a measurement.

Do you even know what quantum physics is?

Please explain how the data relates to the current discussion of human activities contributing to climate change.
Your own beloved climate scientists will tell you that one must know what and why the climate was in the past to be able to predict what and why the climate will be in the future. They just don't ever discuss past climates in the context of today's climate which is probably why you don't understand its importance.

"...Other proxies include ice cores, tree rings, and sediment cores. Chemical proxy records include isotope ratios, elemental analyses, biomarkers, and biogenic silica. Collectively, these proxies significantly extend our understanding of past climates, reaching far back into Earth's history..."

Forum List

Back