The fallacy of black unwed births

I started this thread because I'm tired of the stereotypes of those like me based on that one statistic. If blacks born back mothers were 72 percent of all babies born, then we have a problem. Because unwed babies have nothing to do with the problems in the black community. And when you talk abut poverty, we had 55 percent poverty when our unwed marriage rate was acceptable to whites. Now we have a 25 percent rate. While that is a problem it's not because if unwed mothers.

People who site illegitimacy and the lack of male role models as a possible explanation for the astronomically high black crime rate are doing you guys a favor, you do realize that....right?

Well no, not exactly.
Everything you think you know pre-1965 is just propaganda from post-1965.

Wrong answer son. I did have family and they did have friends all born well before 1965. I was born before 1965.
And you're still retarded.

GOTTA be genetic!

You really have to do better than repeating the same thing over and over son. You can't out debate me on any subject so this is all you have.
I can't out debate a milk carton either. Something has to have IQ in the double digits (at least) to debate, and you don't (can't) do that since you won't even support your claims.

I've supported my claims and this thread is not about your opinion of black crime you bring up over and over no matter the thread.. Your shit has been debunked so many times that a person with a functioning brain would stop trying to argue.

I started this thread because I'm tired of the stereotypes of those like me based on that one statistic. If blacks born back mothers were 72 percent of all babies born, then we have a problem. Because unwed babies have nothing to do with the problems in the black community. And when you talk abut poverty, we had 55 percent poverty when our unwed marriage rate was acceptable to whites. Now we have a 25 percent rate. While that is a problem it's not because if unwed mothers.

People site illegitimacy and the lack of male role models as a possible explanation for the astronomically high black crime rate are doing you guys a favor, you do realize that....right?

Most black people don't say that. Which is all that really matters. And there is no astronomically high crime in the lack community. These are the kinds of false uses of statistics I'm talking about.

Everything you think you know pre-1965 is just propaganda from post-1965.

Wrong answer son. I did have family and they did have friends all born well before 1965. I was born before 1965.
And you're still retarded.

GOTTA be genetic!

You really have to do better than repeating the same thing over and over son. You can't out debate me on any subject so this is all you have.
I can't out debate a milk carton either. Something has to have IQ in the double digits (at least) to debate, and you don't (can't) do that since you won't even support your claims.

I've supported my claims
It's all "in the OP," right? :laugh:

People site illegitimacy and the lack of male role models as a possible explanation for the astronomically high black crime rate are doing you guys a favor, you do realize that....right?

Most black people don't say that. Which is all that really matters. And there is no astronomically high crime in the lack community. These are the kinds of false uses of statistics I'm talking about.

Your personal anecdotes about what black people do and say is completely irrelevant.

The statistics do not lie. They're not up for debate.

Unless you want people to start considering other, more immutable reasons to explain black crime rates than illegitimacy then you should start listening to reason.

'And many other sources show place the figure at 70% or 72%. That 80% figure should tell us use the data with caution because even the experts can't agree.
I can attest from where I live that the vast majority of black children are being raised in unmarried homes.
You can't attest that because statistcs prove it isn't true.
The stats and my mostly black locale jibe.
Most black homes are out of wedlock.
:LOL: So what if the couple isn't married as long as they are there for the kids. I suggest you read my post on the myth of the absent Black father before you continue to spread your virus of misinformation.
The commitment of marriage is for the benefit of the kids and the culture at large.
The missing black father is not a myth. It’s an empirical reality and consistently manifests itself in social demise.
Your opinion is baseless. Mine was accompanied by links and close contact with blacks.

Statistics can be used to support lies. And the way the data is collected and who is collecting it has bearing on the final integrity of the statistical product. White America in general is anti- black. Given the sordid racist history of this nation, race based statistics are compiled for no good reason other than to justify the ongoing discrimatory practices that are intrinsic to our way of life.Why would racists at CDC even want to study something like unwed motherhood by race in the first place? Nothing is being done to address the so- called " problem"years after the first reports came out. That could be because there IS no problem. Further , as some bright person posted earlier, it isn't unwed mothers the CDC should have focused on, a study on births by single mothers without partners would have been more appropriate. But I guess anything that might turn out to improve the general perception whites have of blacks isn't worth the effort. And from the response to the article I posted on the myth of the absent black father, most of you don't care.
You're much more comfortable believing tbe myth.

IM2's numbers are good, your mind isn't.

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

^
IM2's bad numbers

Official numbers from CDC
v

Exact 2015 numbers from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_03.pdf

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 (415,029-non-Hispanic black) babies born to unwed black moms........ Blacks had just over 500,000 (589,605-non-Hispanic black) babies total.

70% of black births were to unwed mothers.

Whites had over 1.9 million (2,129,657-non-Hispanic white) total and over 600,000 (621,498-non-Hispanic white) babies born to unwed moms

29% of white births were to unwed mothers.

We can see that 5.13 times the total number of white births, compared to total black births, resulted in 1.5 times the number of out of wedlock white births, compared to out of wedlock black births.

That's why, while total white unwed births are 50% higher, the black unwed birth rate is about 2.4 times the white rate.

The fallacy of black unwed births

Nah, your numbers make the black, unwed birth percentages look much worse than they were.

Shut the fuck up idiot. Whites had more unwed children than blacks had kids.

Yup, please let us know when you understand what "rate" means.

I know what rate means but I don't dismiss totals to use rate as an excuse deny and perpetuate a false racist belief.

So let me say this to you chicken wing, I asked your punk ass a question, a question you never answered. It was a question about whites and backs getting shot by police. A sissy like you are more than ready to tell us that blacks should not be complaining about this because more whites get shot by police. Your per capita and rate bullshit is never considered in situations like this. So what you are doing is weaseling out like the bitch you truly are.

Now go fetch me some grapes.

I know what rate means

You're lying.

I don't dismiss totals to use rate as an excuse deny and perpetuate a false racist belief.

Racist belief?
White rates of unwed births are a big problem.
They'll lead to higher drop out rates, higher crime rates and higher poverty rates.

Higher black rates of unwed births are an even bigger problem.
They'll lead to higher drop out rates, higher crime rates and higher poverty rates.
Then why has the national crime rate been plummeting for decades.

I can attest from where I live that the vast majority of black children are being raised in unmarried homes.
You can't attest that because statistcs prove it isn't true.
The stats and my mostly black locale jibe.
Most black homes are out of wedlock.
:LOL: So what if the couple isn't married as long as they are there for the kids. I suggest you read my post on the myth of the absent Black father before you continue to spread your virus of misinformation.
The commitment of marriage is for the benefit of the kids and the culture at large.
The missing black father is not a myth. It’s an empirical reality and consistently manifests itself in social demise.
Your opinion is baseless. Mine was accompanied by links and close contact with blacks.
Rosh is the quintessential racist: he wouldn't believe anything positive about blacks if you held a gun to his head.

Last edited:
The missing black father is a myth. What is not is the white female divorcee that leaves at about 1/2 of all white homes with no father present.

Where do you get that from? I've found it a bit difficult to get data about single parent households, rather than unmarried parent households, as those are not necessarily the same thing. However, from the little I have seen, it is not true that half of white homes do not have a father present.

For example, according to this Children in single-parent families by race | KIDS COUNT Data Center , 24% of non-Hispanic white children live in a single-parent family, if single-parent is defined as "Children under age 18 who live with their own single parent either in a family or subfamily. In this definition, single-parent families may include cohabiting couples and do not include children living with married stepparents. Children who live in group quarters (for example, institutions, dormitories, or group homes) are not included in this calculation."

Or there is this Single-Parent Families, by Race/Ethnicity | Data and Trends in Quality of Life for Greater Rochester Region , which while it is about New York, also gives statistics for the country as a whole. This page lists the single-parent family percentage for whites at 33%.

I expect it is a lot easier to get statistics for married vs unmarried mothers than it is for whether a child has a single parent in the home or more than one, as different people might define what constitutes a parent differently. Is it only when someone marries? Can a long term but unmarried significant other be considered a parent? What about married couples who do not live together, does that skew the stats? Then there is the question about whether a child in a single-parent home is still getting enough support from the parent they do not live with; just because a single parent is the custodial parent does not mean the other parent cannot be a positive influence on a child's life.

There are a lot of factors involved in this discussion. I am curious where you get the data indicating that half of white homes have no father present, though.

Start asking these whites where they get their shit from before you ask me another question.
This white gets his info from living in da hood for the past 35 years.

I'm 57 and black son. That means I know more about back families, ,black communities and black culture than you.
I doubt that. You know what’s been propagated to you. I guarantee I have a better understanding of black american legacy.
I doubt that.

Your personal anecdotes about what black people do and say is completely irrelevant.

Unless you want people to start considering other, more immutable reasons to explain black crime rates than illegitimacy then you should start listening to reason.

My personal opinion, anecdotes and everything else about what black people do or say is more important to issues pertaining to the black community than anything you will ever say. The information you present lie. And I don't give a fuck what you consider. I know why black crime exists, your ass is guessing. Crime in the white community is more and the numbers show . I don't have to divide by 100,000 every time to make a make up a dumb fuck, racist claim. Get it boy? I'm not going to listen to you. Never, ,Ever. You have nothing to offer but ignorance. I will continue showing that what you say is a lie made up by a dumb white dude suffering from psychosis.

It is illegal to practice racism.

I have never practiced racism. I know what racism is. You use the term to try derailing discussions. As to your last question, yes, that's exactly what I am going to do.

Racism is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. If you think expressing such an opinion is wrong, then you shouldn't be a hypocrite about it.

Racism is a belief that whites have acted on to deny others the same opportunities they gave to themselves. And so that's what must end.
Why do we need to give retards like you an opportunity to run things into the ground like you did in Apefreaka?

See, this is the sort of silly crap I don't usually bother responding to. Apefreaka? What's the point of trying to talk to someone who makes up that sort of term? Either the post is just trolling for a reaction, or the person really thinks that is a good term to use, and therefore appears incapable of having a rational discussion.

IM2 isn't interested in having a debate or rational discussion. He wants total submission from a subservient whitey, nothing else will do.

You don't now what I want fool. And you damn sure don't want rational debate.

It is not illegal to practice racism. That is too broad and non-specific a phrase. Someone who only socializes with members of their own race may be practicing racism, but there is nothing illegal about it.

Look I'm not talking about people hanging out with friends here Montrovant. Let's not get stupid.

Yes it is illegal to practice racism. We have hate crime laws, you can't practice racism on he job, you can't practice racism in public accommodations, practicing racism is illegal.

There are racist practices that are illegal. Saying practicing racism is illegal is simply inaccurate. Practicing religious bigotry is not illegal, but there are religiously bigoted practices that are illegal. Practicing gender bigotry is not illegal, but there are gender bigoted practices that are illegal.

You've even gone so far as to simply say that racism is illegal, not even racist practices. This seems like a good time to shrug, admit a minor error in wording, and move on. I won't hold my breath, however.
In constructing his own “reality”; he’s only succeeded in creating his own prison. Amusing really.
Not much of a prison. Shitskins get welfar...ahem...well-paying government jobs here in the USA.
They even get acedemic participation trophies by handing out worthless degrees in subjects like sociology. Just so they can feel like they’ve “achieved” something. Then it’s off to a posh “workfare” program pushed through by the local democrats. A program that takes money from the tax payers, and offers nothing of free market value in return. And, who says “”you can’t buy votes”?

Funny how you say that when I was the only black in the major. And since I went to a republican college..... And I'm quite sure that you can't operate the free market without humans who are capable of working. But hey, keep listening to college dropouts on the radio tell you about a theory they don't understand themselves.

Last edited:
It is illegal to practice racism.

I have never practiced racism. I know what racism is. You use the term to try derailing discussions. As to your last question, yes, that's exactly what I am going to do.

Racism is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. If you think expressing such an opinion is wrong, then you shouldn't be a hypocrite about it.

Racism is a belief that whites have acted on to deny others the same opportunities they gave to themselves. And so that's what must end.
Why do we need to give retards like you an opportunity to run things into the ground like you did in Apefreaka?

See, this is the sort of silly crap I don't usually bother responding to. Apefreaka? What's the point of trying to talk to someone who makes up that sort of term? Either the post is just trolling for a reaction, or the person really thinks that is a good term to use, and therefore appears incapable of having a rational discussion.
What does thinking it's a good term to use have to do with debating ability? The shitskin IM2 won't "debate" except to say he's right and we're wrong. That's the extend of his debating "abilities."

Well not exactly. The main problem with our discussions is you have been wrong and I have been right.

Funny how you say hat when I was the only back in the major. And since I went to a republican college..... And I'm quite sure that you can't operate the free market without humans who are capable of working. But hey, keep listening to college dropouts on the radio tell you about a theory they don't understand themselves.
Remember that little chat we had about ebonics?

Funny how you say hat when I was the only back in the major. And since I went to a republican college..... And I'm quite sure that you can't operate the free market without humans who are capable of working. But hey, keep listening to college dropouts on the radio tell you about a theory they don't understand themselves.

No, because I don't listen to you. Just because you are illiterate and can't understand something........

No, because I don't listen to you. Just because you are illiterate and can't understand something........
"Funny how you say hat when I was the only back in the major." I ran that through an ebonics translator and it still makes no sense.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here, but if you go into the data, there are 5 racial listings used: Non-hispanic white, Non-hispanic black, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian or Pacific Islanders, and Hispanic. The CDC report lists the percentages of babies born within each race to unmarried mothers. In order, those percentages are 29.2, 70.4, 65.8, 16.4, and 52.9.

So yes, fewer babies are born to unwed black mothers than unwed white mothers. However, the odds of a black mother being unwed when giving birth are far greater than the odds of a white mother being unwed when giving birth. The odds of an Asian or Pacific Islander mother being unwed when giving birth are the lowest.

Age is also a big indicator, as the younger a new mother is, the greater the chance she will be unwed.

I'm not sure just what you think you are proving with these statistics. :dunno:

Here's the link directly to the CDC report, rather than just the article: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_03.pdf

Montrovant, I have access to that. I know those numbers.I went into the data. I'm proving that the number of black unwed births is actually small when compared to ALL BIRTHS. We ain't talking about no freaking odds because the odds are greater that black married women are not having children compared to white women. What you see here is the same type of bullshit whites try pulling with black on black crime. The truth of this matter montrovant is you believe only half the story at best. If you cannot look at all the facts don't come thinking you can show me a link to 1/4th of the facts like that's supposed tp mean something.

Has anyone claimed that the number of black babies born to unwed mothers is a majority of all births?

The numbers indicate that black women have babies out of wedlock at a higher rate than other races. The numbers also indicate that young women have babies out of wedlock at a higher rate than older women. Whites and hispanics both had higher total numbers of births out of wedlock. Blacks had a higher rate of births out of wedlock. These are all true statements based on the CDC data. And?

What is the point you are making? Are you just wanting to point out that black babies born to unwed mothers are a bit less than 10% of total births? OK.....that's an odd reason to make a thread, though.

I don't "believe only half the story at best." I haven't even heard just what you consider the story to be.

By the way, blacks had a higher rate of Cesarean births than any other race. Should I make a thread about that? :p

Dear Montrovant
It's clear to me the point of IM2's post is to clarify the perception
and stereotype in the media used as politicized propaganda to exaggerate about Blacks.
IM2 even added more clarification on which interpretations were backed by
stats and which were not. There is a trend but it's not accurately presented.

IM2 presents and clarifies this clear enough for ME to get the points.
Sorry if you distrust or disapprove or don't get it for whatever reason.
It's clear enough to me, and normally I get lost in these justifications I find unnecessary.

CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year

Of the 3,977,745 babies born in the United States of America in 2015, 1,600,208 of them—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released this month by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

"CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year"

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

Table I–4. Births to unmarried women, by race and Hispanic origin of mother: United States, each state and territory, 2015, National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 66, Number 1 ... - CDC

The reality of this information shows that whites actually had more unwed children than blacks had children. In 2015 blacks had just over 500,000 children total. Whites had over 620,000 unwed births. Now I'm sure the mathematical "geniuses" around here will try talking their usual trash, but the facts are as they are. The unwed birth percentage of blacks as opposed to the total number of births was just over 10 percent. By both number and percentage whites had more unwed births. Now you can argue the usual dumb white supremacist argument based only on the number of total black babies born and back babies born out of wedlock, but that paints a false picture and that's the picture whites gave been painting for 400 years.

Exact 2015 numbers from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_03.pdf underlined.

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 (415,029-non-Hispanic black) babies born to unwed black moms........ Blacks had just over 500,000 (589,605-non-Hispanic black) babies total.

70% of black births were to unwed mothers.

Whites had over 1.9 million (2,129,657-non-Hispanic white) total and over 600,000 (621,498-non-Hispanic white) babies born to unwed moms

29% of white births were to unwed mothers.

We can see that 5.13 times the total number of white births, compared to total black births, resulted in 1.5 times the number of out of wedlock white births, compared to out of wedlock black births.

That's why, while total white unwed births are 50% higher, the black unwed birth rate is about 2.4 times the white rate.

Yawn. Your excuses just don't have merit.

What excuses? Where?

Everywhere. The only rate that counts is the total.

Total isn't a rate, moron.

Toddsterpatriot
It's clear to me IM2 means
the RATE that matters is BASED on the TOTAL.
No, that does not mean they are the same.
It means you use the TOTAL in order to calculate the RATE.
So that's why the TOTAL matters.
???
Isn't that clear?

CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year

Of the 3,977,745 babies born in the United States of America in 2015, 1,600,208 of them—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released this month by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

"CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year"

Table I–4. Births to unmarried women, by race and Hispanic origin of mother: United States, each state and territory, 2015, National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 66, Number 1 ... - CDC

The reality of this information shows that whites actually had more unwed children than blacks had children. In 2015 blacks had just over 500,000 children total. Whites had over 620,000 unwed births. Now I'm sure the mathematical "geniuses" around here will try talking their usual trash, but the facts are as they are. The unwed birth percentage of blacks as opposed to the total number of births was just over 10 percent. By both number and percentage whites had more unwed births. Now you can argue the usual dumb white supremacist argument based only on the number of total black babies born and back babies born out of wedlock, but that paints a false picture and that's the picture whites gave been painting for 400 years.

Ever hear of the term per capita?

Pigeons also had more babies than condors.....

Yep, I sure have. But that changes nothing here.

Uh yeah it does sweetheart.

Forum List

Back