The fallacy of black unwed births

CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year

Of the 3,977,745 babies born in the United States of America in 2015, 1,600,208 of them—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released this month by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

"CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year"

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

Table I–4. Births to unmarried women, by race and Hispanic origin of mother: United States, each state and territory, 2015, National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 66, Number 1 ... - CDC

The reality of this information shows that whites actually had more unwed children than blacks had children. In 2015 blacks had just over 500,000 children total. Whites had over 620,000 unwed births. Now I'm sure the mathematical "geniuses" around here will try talking their usual trash, but the facts are as they are. The unwed birth percentage of blacks as opposed to the total number of births was just over 10 percent. By both number and percentage whites had more unwed births. Now you can argue the usual dumb white supremacist argument based only on the number of total black babies born and back babies born out of wedlock, but that paints a false picture and that's the picture whites gave been painting for 400 years.

Ever hear of the term per capita?

Pigeons also had more babies than condors.....
Oh, he's heard it alright. At least half a dozen times from me alone. If you want him to respond adequately, you can send a written request to the zookeeper that cleans his cage and he'll make an effort to teach him that word right after he teaches him to sit.

You don't get it. Nothing you say counts. Just because you 2-3 racists have determined we will only measure selected things based on per capita doesn't mean everyone else must recognize your desire to deny how fucked up a lot of whites really are.

What are the selected things for per capita?

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here, but if you go into the data, there are 5 racial listings used: Non-hispanic white, Non-hispanic black, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian or Pacific Islanders, and Hispanic. The CDC report lists the percentages of babies born within each race to unmarried mothers. In order, those percentages are 29.2, 70.4, 65.8, 16.4, and 52.9.

So yes, fewer babies are born to unwed black mothers than unwed white mothers. However, the odds of a black mother being unwed when giving birth are far greater than the odds of a white mother being unwed when giving birth. The odds of an Asian or Pacific Islander mother being unwed when giving birth are the lowest.

Age is also a big indicator, as the younger a new mother is, the greater the chance she will be unwed.

I'm not sure just what you think you are proving with these statistics. :dunno:

Here's the link directly to the CDC report, rather than just the article: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_03.pdf

Montrovant, I have access to that. I know those numbers.I went into the data. I'm proving that the number of black unwed births is actually small when compared to ALL BIRTHS. We ain't talking about no freaking odds because the odds are greater that black married women are not having children compared to white women. What you see here is the same type of bullshit whites try pulling with black on black crime. The truth of this matter montrovant is you believe only half the story at best. If you cannot look at all the facts don't come thinking you can show me a link to 1/4th of the facts like that's supposed tp mean something.

Has anyone claimed that the number of black babies born to unwed mothers is a majority of all births?

The numbers indicate that black women have babies out of wedlock at a higher rate than other races. The numbers also indicate that young women have babies out of wedlock at a higher rate than older women. Whites and hispanics both had higher total numbers of births out of wedlock. Blacks had a higher rate of births out of wedlock. These are all true statements based on the CDC data. And?

What is the point you are making? Are you just wanting to point out that black babies born to unwed mothers are a bit less than 10% of total births? OK.....that's an odd reason to make a thread, though.

I don't "believe only half the story at best." I haven't even heard just what you consider the story to be.

By the way, blacks had a higher rate of Cesarean births than any other race. Should I make a thread about that? :p

Dear Montrovant
It's clear to me the point of IM2's post is to clarify the perception
and stereotype in the media used as politicized propaganda to exaggerate about Blacks.
IM2 even added more clarification on which interpretations were backed by
stats and which were not. There is a trend but it's not accurately presented.

IM2 presents and clarifies this clear enough for ME to get the points.
Sorry if you distrust or disapprove or don't get it for whatever reason.
It's clear enough to me, and normally I get lost in these justifications I find unnecessary.

That's fine, but I don't recall ever hearing the claim that black unwed births are a majority of all births. Is that supposed to be the stereotype that the statistics contradict?

It is illegal to practice racism.

I have never practiced racism. I know what racism is. You use the term to try derailing discussions. As to your last question, yes, that's exactly what I am going to do.

Racism is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. If you think expressing such an opinion is wrong, then you shouldn't be a hypocrite about it.

Racism is a belief that whites have acted on to deny others the same opportunities they gave to themselves. And so that's what must end.
Why do we need to give retards like you an opportunity to run things into the ground like you did in Apefreaka?

See, this is the sort of silly crap I don't usually bother responding to. Apefreaka? What's the point of trying to talk to someone who makes up that sort of term? Either the post is just trolling for a reaction, or the person really thinks that is a good term to use, and therefore appears incapable of having a rational discussion.
What does thinking it's a good term to use have to do with debating ability? The shitskin IM2 won't "debate" except to say he's right and we're wrong. That's the extend of his debating "abilities."

"Aprefreaka" and "shitskin" puts you on about the same level as "I'm right and you're wrong."

Of the 3,977,745 babies born in the United States of America in 2015, 1,600,208 of them—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released this month by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

Table I–4. Births to unmarried women, by race and Hispanic origin of mother: United States, each state and territory, 2015, National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 66, Number 1 ... - CDC

The reality of this information shows that whites actually had more unwed children than blacks had children. In 2015 blacks had just over 500,000 children total. Whites had over 620,000 unwed births. Now I'm sure the mathematical "geniuses" around here will try talking their usual trash, but the facts are as they are. The unwed birth percentage of blacks as opposed to the total number of births was just over 10 percent. By both number and percentage whites had more unwed births. Now you can argue the usual dumb white supremacist argument based only on the number of total black babies born and back babies born out of wedlock, but that paints a false picture and that's the picture whites gave been painting for 400 years.

Cool ---- now add in abortions.

Nah, I won't be doing that.

Gee, I wonder why.

Could it be because the abortion rate among blacks is almost 5 times that of whites? Could it be that, if we were to add abortions to the single-mother totals, we would find that there were more single parent pregnancies among blacks than the rest of the population - combined???

Nice try -- but a logical fallacy at best.

The Opening post is So DISHONEST and/or Obtuse, it shows the IQ of one Race's posters.
The biggest problem.
`

Last edited:

Cool ---- now add in abortions.

Nah, I won't be doing that.

Gee, I wonder why.

Could it be because the abortion rate among blacks is almost 5 times that of whites? Could it be that, if we were to add abortions to the single-mother totals, we would find that there were more single parent pregnancies among blacks than the rest of the population - combined???

Nice try -- but a logical fallacy at best.

Where do you get the data on the abortion rate among blacks and whites? I haven't seen that. Reporting on abortion and race appears to be haphazard, as it is not a mandatory kind of reporting, but none of the charts or data I've seen indicate a 5 times difference.

For example: Abortion Surveillance — United States, 2014
Abortion rates by race and ethnicity

Also, considering blacks only make up about 13% of the population of the US, even with your 5 times rate for abortions, it seems highly unlikely that single mother pregnancies among blacks would equal more than the rest of the population combined.

I know that your comments show a tremendous amount of racism and ignorance. The total number is he truth. If blacks had 70 percent of all unwed births hen you might have a point. But that's not so.

No one said all, it's been only by race and my comments are not racist or ignorant, it's impossible to help someone who is oblivious to their surrounding environment, you wonder why we have such a division...

"In fact, since the early 1990s, the rate of out-of-wedlock child birth for all women — not just teenagers — has fallen for blacks, while actually climbing for whites. From 1990 to 2010 the white out-of-wedlock birth rate grew by one-third while the rate for black women fell by more than 28 percent. Since 1970, the rate of out-of-wedlock births has more than tripled for white women, while falling among black women by nearly a third.

So you choose to segregate here? You're following a lie...

Your own numbers there say that over 80% of blacks were born out of wedlock.
80%!
'And many other sources show place the figure at 70% or 72%. That 80% figure should tell us use the data with caution because even the experts can't agree.

The experts agree, IM2 posted bad numbers.
The CDC numbers are focusing on the national rate of births to all American unwed moms. You and the bald bigot gang are focusing on the stats showing the black rate of unwed births.

On a national level, it's clear that a trend over an 8 year period showing a 40% unwed birthrate affects us all in some way.

But RW conservatives don't see that 40% unwed birthrate as much an American problem as the purported 72/ 80+ black unwed birth rate.
Yet, as IM2 has pointed out, on a national level , the unwed black moms portion of that 40% of un wed births is 10.4%. That leaves the balance of the national figure at 29.6% for all other racial groups combined.
My question is that from a national perspective why focus on the black 10.4% when that 29.6% represents a larger numerically dominant issue.

Here is the scoop. That combined 40% of unwed births to all Americans is the real issue
and any cost to rectify it is going to be paid by all of us who work and pay taxes.
Frankly, though. I don't think the talking heads and so called social experts have done enough to make a good solid nexus between crime and unwed births. That's primarily because they have. assumed that unwed births automatically equates to single parenting and thus those fatherless kids tend to be come criminals. That isn't necessarily true. The present opiod abuse sweeping suburbia. is consuming white lives. Even with the apparent statistical advantage of two parent up bringing on their side, drug addiction is dragging .Hundreds of thousands of them down into criminality and suicide.

Last edited:

Ever hear of "per capita", genius?

Racism is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less. If you think expressing such an opinion is wrong, then you shouldn't be a hypocrite about it.

Racism is a belief that whites have acted on to deny others the same opportunities they gave to themselves. And so that's what must end.
Why do we need to give retards like you an opportunity to run things into the ground like you did in Apefreaka?

See, this is the sort of silly crap I don't usually bother responding to. Apefreaka? What's the point of trying to talk to someone who makes up that sort of term? Either the post is just trolling for a reaction, or the person really thinks that is a good term to use, and therefore appears incapable of having a rational discussion.
What does thinking it's a good term to use have to do with debating ability? The shitskin IM2 won't "debate" except to say he's right and we're wrong. That's the extend of his debating "abilities."

"Aprefreaka" and "shitskin" puts you on about the same level as "I'm right and you're wrong."
What choice do I have? He makes up his own statistics and refuses to back them up when asked to do so. At this point, I'm pointing and laughing at the monkey at the zoo behind the glass because there's nothing more I can do.

Ever hear of "per capita", genius?
Have YOU? As an American you should be concerned about the national per capita represented by 40% uf unwed mothers.

What choice do I have? He makes up his own statistics and refuses to back them up when asked to do so. At this point, I'm pointing and laughing at the monkey at the zoo behind the glass because there's nothing more I can do.
Are you concerned that 40% of American births are to unwed mothers you blind racist fool? Its a national problem...not a black one.

Last edited:

Are you concerned that 40% of American births are to unwed mothers you blind racist fool? Its a nstional problem...not a black one.
Am I concerned? Not at all. I don't buy the idea that many blacks are violent criminals because their moms aren't wed. I think it's genetic.

Are you concerned that 40% of American births are to unwed mothers you blind racist fool? Its a nstional problem...not a black one.
Am I concerned? Not at all. I don't buy the idea that many blacks are violent criminals because their moms aren't wed. I think it's genetic.
Thats not what I asked you, bigot. Are you too stupid to understand what the national per capita of unwed births is. And that the majority of that national figure is the one that affects the nation as a whole.?

Last edited:

Thats not what I asked you, bigot. Are you too srupid to understand what the national per capita of unwed births is. And that the majority of that national figure is the one that affects the nation as a whole.?
You asked me if I was concerned and I told you I'm not. I also explained to you why not. What part of it don't you understand, shitskin?

What do you base this belief that blacks are genetically violent criminals on? Do you have a background in genetics, have you discovered the allele(s) for violent or criminal behavior and found it more common in blacks, etc.?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Did he make up that national figure showing 40% of babies born to American mothers have been out of wedlock every year for the past 8 years? Or was it the CDC?

When someone uses statistics poorly, or does not provide evidence to back up a claim, you are forced to use idiotic racist terminology? Really?

Did he make up that national figure showing 40% of babies born to American mothers have been out of wedlock every year for the past 8 years? Or was it the CDC?
He made up the one about whites being retarded violent criminals at higher rates than blacks.

What do you base this belief that blacks are genetically violent criminals on? Do you have a background in genetics, have you discovered the allele(s) for violent or criminal behavior and found it more common in blacks, etc.?
There's no "crime gene" if that's what you're asking. It's a matter of intelligence (lack thereof in blacks).

Forum List

Back