The fallacy of black unwed births

CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year

Of the 3,977,745 babies born in the United States of America in 2015, 1,600,208 of them—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released this month by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

"CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year"

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

Table I–4. Births to unmarried women, by race and Hispanic origin of mother: United States, each state and territory, 2015, National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 66, Number 1 ... - CDC

The reality of this information shows that whites actually had more unwed children than blacks had children. In 2015 blacks had just over 500,000 children total. Whites had over 620,000 unwed births. Now I'm sure the mathematical "geniuses" around here will try talking their usual trash, but the facts are as they are. The unwed birth percentage of blacks as opposed to the total number of births was just over 10 percent. By both number and percentage whites had more unwed births. Now you can argue the usual dumb white supremacist argument based only on the number of total black babies born and back babies born out of wedlock, but that paints a false picture and that's the picture whites gave been painting for 400 years.

Cool ---- now add in abortions.

Nah, I won't be doing that.

Gee, I wonder why.

Could it be because the abortion rate among blacks is almost 5 times that of whites? Could it be that, if we were to add abortions to the single-mother totals, we would find that there were more single parent pregnancies among blacks than the rest of the population - combined???

Nice try -- but a logical fallacy at best.

Where do you get the data on the abortion rate among blacks and whites? I haven't seen that. Reporting on abortion and race appears to be haphazard, as it is not a mandatory kind of reporting, but none of the charts or data I've seen indicate a 5 times difference.

For example: Abortion Surveillance — United States, 2014
Abortion rates by race and ethnicity

Also, considering blacks only make up about 13% of the population of the US, even with your 5 times rate for abortions, it seems highly unlikely that single mother pregnancies among blacks would equal more than the rest of the population combined.
Abortion rates by race and ethnicity

Reported Legal Abortions by Race of Woman Who Obtained Abortion by the State of Occurrence

That first link is the same one I posted, and shows the rate of abortions for whites at 10 per 1000 women, while for blacks it is 27.1 per 1000 women. That is not a 5 times difference.

The second link doesn't give rates, but shows that black women had about 120,000 of the approximately 300,000 abortions that year, while white women had about 150,000 of the abortions. I'm not certain what the numbers are for women in that year, but going by 2017's population numbers (because those are the ones I found in a quick search) that would be a rate of about 3 abortions per 1000 blacks (men, women, and children) while about 0.75 abortions per 1000 whites (men, women, and children). Again, not a 5 times difference.

And as I said, it's hard to be sure because abortions and race are not always a mandatory report, so the information is incomplete.

:dunno:

Of the 3,977,745 babies born in the United States of America in 2015, 1,600,208 of them—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released this month by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

Table I–4. Births to unmarried women, by race and Hispanic origin of mother: United States, each state and territory, 2015, National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 66, Number 1 ... - CDC

The reality of this information shows that whites actually had more unwed children than blacks had children. In 2015 blacks had just over 500,000 children total. Whites had over 620,000 unwed births. Now I'm sure the mathematical "geniuses" around here will try talking their usual trash, but the facts are as they are. The unwed birth percentage of blacks as opposed to the total number of births was just over 10 percent. By both number and percentage whites had more unwed births. Now you can argue the usual dumb white supremacist argument based only on the number of total black babies born and back babies born out of wedlock, but that paints a false picture and that's the picture whites gave been painting for 400 years.

The math here is SO embarrassing wrong. It can only be meant as propaganda for a "Black Studies" class. No other part of University could stop laughing at

I can't waste time reading thru this thread to see if anyone else has pointed out the DISHONESTY or lack of math/statistic knowledge. Last time I did that -- you accused me of using "White math"

Do you realize how easy and dishonest it is to LIE with statistics? There's a book right on shelf behind me called "how to lie with statistics". It's sometimes assigned as required reading for 200 level college stat courses.

Simple deception. If you're trying to prove that Black unwed mother problem is no greater or less than than any other racial group --- you would NEVER compare the number of black unwed births or yellow or white unwed births to the "TOTAL NUMBER OF BIRTHS. That cancels out the GROUP RATE of unwed births.

You would compare EACH to the TOTAL within that group.. For Blacks -- according to your numbers that RATE within the Black cohort is 415,000/500,000 or a WHOPPING 83%...

You can stop right there. Because I seriously doubt that any other group is that incredibly high. And that's where you KILLED your thread. Right in the old OP...

If you really wanted to HELP your cause, you'd accept that dire warning and figure out to reduce it.. Or otherwise explain it away. Don't be caught promoting lying with statistics.

What excuses? Where?

Everywhere. The only rate that counts is the total.

Total isn't a rate, moron.

Toddsterpatriot
It's clear to me IM2 means
the RATE that matters is BASED on the TOTAL.
No, that does not mean they are the same.
It means you use the TOTAL in order to calculate the RATE.
So that's why the TOTAL matters.
???
Isn't that clear?

But he doesn't.

No one has said the total doesn't matter.
He has said the rate doesn't matter.

Toddsterpatriot

He said "the only rate that counts is the total"
He is saying THAT's the *rate* that matters:

"Everywhere. The only rate that counts is the total."
[emphasis/underline added]

TP from your response, perhaps you read this as
the only "rate" that counts is the total.

But he meant rate LITERALLY.
You were being sarcastic but he was being literal.

You don't find comparative RATES by dividing the TOTAL events. You find a RATE by taking the number of unwed births and dividing by the TOTAL births WITHIN THAT GROUP. See my post above.

Dividing events within a group by the total for ALL groups says just that the SIZE of any group does not matter and resolves absolutely NOTHING as to the original question you're trying to answer..

If you put race aside kids born out of wedlock do worse for a million obvious reasons. And we see most prisoners didn’t have dads so we know how important dads are.

Now let’s factor in race. I’m not blaming blacks I’m saying their environment is much tougher than a white kid growing up without a dad because of white privilege.

So I’m saying it’s even more important for poor blacks to not have kids out of wedlock.

And consider rich white fathers pay child support and they grow up in white spoiled middle class neighborhoods so our single mother problem is a problem but it’s not nearly as big of a problem because economically they can afford it you cant

Frankly, Blacks were more prosperous during American apartheid.

What is that based on?
Experience and the unpopular history that white people tried to hide make up the basis for my premise. I experienced segregation first hand . I remember the proliferation of black businesses during the Jim Crow era.
The dollar is said to have circulated in the black comminity for a year before leaving back then. Now, the dollar is gone in 20 minutes.

And though many blacks were caughr up in an extended type of slavery known as share cropping, many more prospered by doing business with each other. Segregation mandated that and , ironically., it also gave us the Black Wallstreet ,Harlem, Rosewood and thousands of other viable comnunitues across the south and wherever a significant number of blacks congregated..Even small communities had black mom and pop stores.

See, this is the sort of silly crap I don't usually bother responding to. Apefreaka? What's the point of trying to talk to someone who makes up that sort of term? Either the post is just trolling for a reaction, or the person really thinks that is a good term to use, and therefore appears incapable of having a rational discussion.
What does thinking it's a good term to use have to do with debating ability? The shitskin IM2 won't "debate" except to say he's right and we're wrong. That's the extend of his debating "abilities."

"Aprefreaka" and "shitskin" puts you on about the same level as "I'm right and you're wrong."
What choice do I have? He makes up his own statistics and refuses to back them up when asked to do so. At this point, I'm pointing and laughing at the monkey at the zoo behind the glass because there's nothing more I can do.

When someone uses statistics poorly, or does not provide evidence to back up a claim, you are forced to use idiotic racist terminology? Really?

These stats here were not used poorly. The poor use of stats is the consistent use of the 72 percent of unwed black births. Whites had more unwed births than we had total births but we have to always read excuses from you white people as to how you don't have the fucking problem. If went to the store with 20 dollars I made after 1 hour and you went with the 100 dollars you earned in 2 days, I could not buy $100 dollars worth of products by making the claim that my fucking rate of pay was higher. Yu guys use rate as an excuse, and only for things that provide you a advantage or to make whites look superior. It's time that stopped.

And all bgrouse has to do if he wants evidence is start a thread. Seems that's something he never does. All he does is troll talking shit on blacks because he's too scared to go up and say that to one of us in real life.
You've obviously never heard of the burden of proof. Or, more than likely, you have but don't understand it.

The CDC numbers are focusing on the national rate of births to all American unwed moms. You and the bald bigot gang are focusing on the stats showing the black rate of unwed births.

On a national level, it's clear that a trend over an 8 year period showing a 40% unwed birthrate affects us all in some way.

But RW conservatives don't see that 40% unwed birthrate as much an American problem as the purported 72/ 80+ black unwed birth rate.
Yet, as IM2 has pointed out, on a national level , the unwed black moms portion of that 40% of un wed births is 10.4%. That leaves the balance of the national figure at 29.6% for all other racial groups combined.
My question is that from a national perspective why focus on the black 10.4% when that 29.6% represents a larger numerically dominant issue.

Here is the scoop. That combined 40% of unwed births to all Americans is the real issue
and any cost to rectify it is going to be paid by all of us who work and pay taxes.
Frankly, though. I don't think the talking heads and so called social experts have done enough to make a good solid nexus between crime and unwed births. That's primarily because they have. assumed that unwed births automatically equates to single parenting and thus those fatherless kids tend to be come criminals. That isn't necessarily true. The present opiod abuse sweeping suburbia. is consuming white lives. Even with the apparent statistical advantage of two parent up bringing on their side, drug addiction is dragging .Hundreds of thousands of them down into criminality and suicide.
That’s a deflection of denial.
If blacks were truly integrated and assimilated, the broader numbers would apply. But we’re dealing with a self-segregating subculture that pumps out fatherless kids at a rate of 75%. That results in social demise in every predominantly black jurisdiction.
As the rate increases among whites, we’re seeing that manifest itself in other ways perhaps including school shootings. Until it reaches a majority among whites as it has with blacks, the problems won’t be as generally obvious.
Blacks are American citizens. They have tried to assimilate but the larger dominant white society has resisted those efforts. But that doesn't negate the concerns over a national unwed birth rate of 40%. Logically if we think that's a bad thing that leads to crime, those 29.6% of other than black unwed births, should be of more concern than the 10.4% blacks contribute to the 40% on the whole.
The Democrat party and the acquiescence of blacks has caused the post-civil rights segregation, not whites in the name of whiteness.
Just check the countless organizations and events and museums that exist in the name of blackness and not only blacks with an American heritage. Like Obama, the offspring of an African National absentee father raised by whites but still hailed as black by self-segregating blacks.
Last time i checkef most democrats were white. But.segregation never really stopped as far as assimilation is concerned. Yes, black wealth can now be more efficiently drained by white businesses now, but; little else has really changed. Frankly, Blacks were more prosperous during American apartheid.

Does that sound strange? It shouldn't. Just listen to yourself and the answer about self segration booms like a clap of thunder. Your ilk doesn't want social and economic integration between blacks and whites. You don't want your kids going to school with nlack children. You have been socially conditioned to hate black people...and sadly...so have many American blacks too been conditioned to hate themselves. And that social order was constructed by whites from all political parties including democrats and republicans.
That’s a bullshit response. Blacks moved into my locale and I didn’t flee. Don’t lay that on me. Take it up with your segregationist Ilk.

You should flee. Not because blacks moved in but because the white town fathers will likely cut the quality of services in, or to, your neighborhood. And the price of your property will decrease compared to those in all white areas. Thats just the inevitable course of events.

Serious crimes commited behind bars are part of the data too. Due process is still applicable and adjudication is inevitable and reportable. See how ignorant you are?
Do you know how mantly black households there are? Keep in mind that 75% of blacks live above the poverty line while you are mulling over the data.
Where I live it’s mostly black and the median income is $73k yet we have high crime and failing schools. Mostly fatherless.
Where do you live? I find it hard to believe that. high crime would thrive in a place with a high tax base. Surely the local politicians there would be wealithy enough to have clout don at city hall.
PG County, MD. The issue isn’t addressed because it conflicts with Democrat agendas. They’ve been in denial and deflection here for over 30 years.
I was stationed in Maryland back in the early 70s at APG. At that time inner city Baltimore was undergoing re-gentrification. Homes and apartments were sold for 1 dollar and young white and upwardly mobile buppies (black entrepreneurs) came in to revitilize the center of the city and repair the urban blight that had taken hold. I don't know how that turned out but is that regentrified inner city in Baltimore county typical of your location in PG county?
It’s gentrification, not regentrification and that’s just a euphemism for white lefties pricing blacks out of town.
And it’s the opposite of PG County.

I used the term re- gentrification because the inner city was initally occupied by the gentry. They abandoned it and are now choosing to return. Logically that would be re- gentrification. If the gentry had never owned or lived in an area that they decided to rebuild...that would be gentrification. So sue me.

If blacks were truly integrated and assimilated, the broader numbers would apply. But we’re dealing with a self-segregating subculture that pumps out fatherless kids at a rate of 75%. That results in social demise in every predominantly black jurisdiction.
As the rate increases among whites, we’re seeing that manifest itself in other ways perhaps including school shootings. Until it reaches a majority among whites as it has with blacks, the problems won’t be as generally obvious.
Blacks are American citizens. They have tried to assimilate but the larger dominant white society has resisted those efforts. But that doesn't negate the concerns over a national unwed birth rate of 40%. Logically if we think that's a bad thing that leads to crime, those 29.6% of other than black unwed births, should be of more concern than the 10.4% blacks contribute to the 40% on the whole.
The Democrat party and the acquiescence of blacks has caused the post-civil rights segregation, not whites in the name of whiteness.
Just check the countless organizations and events and museums that exist in the name of blackness and not only blacks with an American heritage. Like Obama, the offspring of an African National absentee father raised by whites but still hailed as black by self-segregating blacks.
Last time i checkef most democrats were white. But.segregation never really stopped as far as assimilation is concerned. Yes, black wealth can now be more efficiently drained by white businesses now, but; little else has really changed. Frankly, Blacks were more prosperous during American apartheid.

Does that sound strange? It shouldn't. Just listen to yourself and the answer about self segration booms like a clap of thunder. Your ilk doesn't want social and economic integration between blacks and whites. You don't want your kids going to school with nlack children. You have been socially conditioned to hate black people...and sadly...so have many American blacks too been conditioned to hate themselves. And that social order was constructed by whites from all political parties including democrats and republicans.
That’s a bullshit response. Blacks moved into my locale and I didn’t flee. Don’t lay that on me. Take it up with your segregationist Ilk.

You should flee. Not because blacks moved in but because the white town fathers will likely cut the quality of services in, or to, your neighborhood. And the price of your property will decrease compared to those in all white areas. Thats just the inevitable course of events.
I did better than flee; I circled the wagons.
That is, I moved into a mostly white left wing college town surrounded by fatherless black neighborhoods. The Democrat governor lived here and they closed a main road through town to isolate and to enhance property values and keep blacks out because they so love diversity. None of these Democrats send their kids to the local public high school because it has too much of that diversity they love. But since almost all of the families here are intact, the neighborhood is safe and the local elementary school thrives. The dems who dominate this town are either not aware of this reality or refuse to acknowledge it.

See, this is the sort of silly crap I don't usually bother responding to. Apefreaka? What's the point of trying to talk to someone who makes up that sort of term? Either the post is just trolling for a reaction, or the person really thinks that is a good term to use, and therefore appears incapable of having a rational discussion.
What does thinking it's a good term to use have to do with debating ability? The shitskin IM2 won't "debate" except to say he's right and we're wrong. That's the extend of his debating "abilities."

"Aprefreaka" and "shitskin" puts you on about the same level as "I'm right and you're wrong."
What choice do I have? He makes up his own statistics and refuses to back them up when asked to do so. At this point, I'm pointing and laughing at the monkey at the zoo behind the glass because there's nothing more I can do.
Did he make up that national figure showing 40% of babies born to American mothers have been out of wedlock every year for the past 8 years? Or was it the CDC?
He made up the one about whites being retarded violent criminals at higher rates than blacks.
From a purely historical context he is right..
Nothing American blacks can do would compare to the atrocities of chattel slavery, lynchings, near genocide of new world aboriginals and the wholesale slaughter of the world wars whites started. Your FBI reports pale in comparison.

The overall declining white birth rate coupled with the fact whites are now a minority in the US, makes me wonder what the point of this thread IS.

The overall declining white birth rate coupled with the fact whites are now a minority in the US,

Whites are not less than 50% of the population of the US.
Not yet bu present trends suggests they will be in a few decades.

Did he make up that national figure showing 40% of babies born to American mothers have been out of wedlock every year for the past 8 years? Or was it the CDC?
He made up the one about whites being retarded violent criminals at higher rates than blacks.

Nothing American blacks can do would compare to the atrocities of chattel slavery, lynchings, near genocide of new world aboriginals and the wholesale slaughter of the world wars whites started. Your FBI reports pale in comparison.
That's because blacks were too retarded to do it. Crushing someone with your superior intellect and technology is not retarded at all.

The overall declining white birth rate coupled with the fact whites are now a minority in the US, makes me wonder what the point of this thread IS.

The overall declining white birth rate coupled with the fact whites are now a minority in the US,

I understand that they are, that's debatable. Either way whites overall birthrates are in decline. Blacks birthrates are on the rise. demographics are changing and that's why there is so much more focus on black culture now than even five years ago. So what IS this point of this thread, anyway?
Black birth rates are not on the rise.
Everywhere. The only rate that counts is the total.

Toddsterpatriot
???
Isn't that clear?

But he doesn't.

Toddsterpatriot

That's not a rate, that's a total. You understand the difference?

I was being accurate, he was being stupid.
No...you are being stupid. There is a total national rate for all unwed births in this country. Thats a total whether you are too dense to see it or not. And that IS the only one that matters .

That's because blacks were too retarded to do it. Crushing someone with your superior intellect and technology is not retarded at all.
Were the Nazis superior intellectually to the Jews? I think not? No the white nazis were just more focused on violence and genocide.
Thats just the way your people are.

I know what rate means but I don't dismiss totals to use rate as an excuse deny and perpetuate a false racist belief.

So let me say this to you chicken wing, I asked your punk ass a question, a question you never answered. It was a question about whites and backs getting shot by police. A sissy like you are more than ready to tell us that blacks should not be complaining about this because more whites get shot by police. Your per capita and rate bullshit is never considered in situations like this. So what you are doing is weaseling out like the bitch you truly are.

Now go fetch me some grapes.

I know what rate means

You're lying.

I don't dismiss totals to use rate as an excuse deny and perpetuate a false racist belief.

Racist belief?
White rates of unwed births are a big problem.
They'll lead to higher drop out rates, higher crime rates and higher poverty rates.

Higher black rates of unwed births are an even bigger problem.
They'll lead to higher drop out rates, higher crime rates and higher poverty rates.
Then why has the national crime rate been plummeting for decades.

Crime has been plummeting because criminals have been incarcerated.
Hard to commit crimes against the public when you're behind bars.

It would be interesting to see the data on criminal households.
How many were raised in 2 parent families versus single parent households.............
Serious crimes commited behind bars are part of the data too. Due process is still applicable and adjudication is inevitable and reportable. See how ignorant you are?
Do you know how mantly black households there are? Keep in mind that 75% of blacks live above the poverty line while you are mulling over the data.

Serious crimes commited behind bars are part of the data too.

Still fewer chances to commit them behind bars.
How would you know?

Were the Nazis superior intellectually to the Jews? I think not? No the white nazis were just more focused on violence and genocide.
The intelligence was probably similar. In such cases, things like numerical advantages come into play.

The CDC numbers are focusing on the national rate of births to all American unwed moms. You and the bald bigot gang are focusing on the stats showing the black rate of unwed births.

On a national level, it's clear that a trend over an 8 year period showing a 40% unwed birthrate affects us all in some way.

But RW conservatives don't see that 40% unwed birthrate as much an American problem as the purported 72/ 80+ black unwed birth rate.
Yet, as IM2 has pointed out, on a national level , the unwed black moms portion of that 40% of un wed births is 10.4%. That leaves the balance of the national figure at 29.6% for all other racial groups combined.
My question is that from a national perspective why focus on the black 10.4% when that 29.6% represents a larger numerically dominant issue.

Here is the scoop. That combined 40% of unwed births to all Americans is the real issue
and any cost to rectify it is going to be paid by all of us who work and pay taxes.
Frankly, though. I don't think the talking heads and so called social experts have done enough to make a good solid nexus between crime and unwed births. That's primarily because they have. assumed that unwed births automatically equates to single parenting and thus those fatherless kids tend to be come criminals. That isn't necessarily true. The present opiod abuse sweeping suburbia. is consuming white lives. Even with the apparent statistical advantage of two parent up bringing on their side, drug addiction is dragging .Hundreds of thousands of them down into criminality and suicide.

You didn't read the whole post... I'm wasting my time with you.

The intelligence was probably similar. In such cases, things like numerical advantages come into play.
No...the Jews were ensconced at the very pinnacles of Germany society. The envious Germans hated them for being successful while most Germans struggled. Eventually the Germans got their Trump and the rest is history

No...the Jews were ensconced at the very pinnacles of Germany society. The envious Germans hated them for being successful while most Germans struggled. Eventually the Germans got their Trump and the rest is history
And that changes the numerical advantage...how?

If you want evidence of white superiority in national warfare, just look at white success in Africa, like the Second Italo-Ethiopian war.

I understand that they are, that's debatable. Either way whites overall birthrates are in decline. Blacks birthrates are on the rise. demographics are changing and that's why there is so much more focus on black culture now than even five years ago. So what IS this point of this thread, anyway?
Black birth rates are not on the rise.

Toddsterpatriot
???
Isn't that clear?

But he doesn't.

Toddsterpatriot

That's not a rate, that's a total. You understand the difference?

I was being accurate, he was being stupid.
No...you are being stupid. There is a total national rate for all unwed births in this country. Thats a total whether you are too dense to see it or not. And that IS the only one that matters .

There is a total national rate for all unwed births in this country.

There is. That's not what IM2 was talking about.

Thats a total whether you are too dense to see it or not.

He was talking about total births, not total rate.

Forum List

Back