The fallacy of black unwed births

CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year

Of the 3,977,745 babies born in the United States of America in 2015, 1,600,208 of them—or 40.2 percent--were born to unmarried mothers, according to data released this month by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

"CDC: 40%+ of U.S. Babies Born to Unmarried Women for 8th Straight Year"

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

Table I–4. Births to unmarried women, by race and Hispanic origin of mother: United States, each state and territory, 2015, National Vital Statistics Reports, Volume 66, Number 1 ... - CDC

The reality of this information shows that whites actually had more unwed children than blacks had children. In 2015 blacks had just over 500,000 children total. Whites had over 620,000 unwed births. Now I'm sure the mathematical "geniuses" around here will try talking their usual trash, but the facts are as they are. The unwed birth percentage of blacks as opposed to the total number of births was just over 10 percent. By both number and percentage whites had more unwed births. Now you can argue the usual dumb white supremacist argument based only on the number of total black babies born and back babies born out of wedlock, but that paints a false picture and that's the picture whites gave been painting for 400 years.
Your own numbers there say that over 80% of blacks were born out of wedlock.
80%!
'And many other sources show place the figure at 70% or 72%. That 80% figure should tell us use the data with caution because even the experts can't agree.

The experts agree, IM2 posted bad numbers.

IM2's numbers are good, your mind isn't.

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 babies born to unwed black moms. There were 3,977,745 babies born over all. So the percentage of unwed black babies born as a percentage of all babies was approximately 10,4 percent. Blacks had just over 500,000 babies total. Whites had over 1.9 million total and over 600,000 babies born to unwed moms or about 16 percent of all unwed births as a percentage of all births.

^
IM2's bad numbers

Official numbers from CDC
v

Exact 2015 numbers from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_03.pdf

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 (415,029-non-Hispanic black) babies born to unwed black moms........ Blacks had just over 500,000 (589,605-non-Hispanic black) babies total.

70% of black births were to unwed mothers.

Whites had over 1.9 million (2,129,657-non-Hispanic white) total and over 600,000 (621,498-non-Hispanic white) babies born to unwed moms

29% of white births were to unwed mothers.

We can see that 5.13 times the total number of white births, compared to total black births, resulted in 1.5 times the number of out of wedlock white births, compared to out of wedlock black births.

That's why, while total white unwed births are 50% higher, the black unwed birth rate is about 2.4 times the white rate.

Nah, your numbers make the black, unwed birth percentages look much worse than they were.

Shut the fuck up idiot. Whites had more unwed children than blacks had kids.

Your own numbers there say that over 80% of blacks were born out of wedlock.
80%!
'And many other sources show place the figure at 70% or 72%. That 80% figure should tell us use the data with caution because even the experts can't agree.

^
IM2's bad numbers

v

In 2015 there were just over 415,000 (415,029-non-Hispanic black) babies born to unwed black moms........ Blacks had just over 500,000 (589,605-non-Hispanic black) babies total.

Whites had over 1.9 million (2,129,657-non-Hispanic white) total and over 600,000 (621,498-non-Hispanic white) babies born to unwed moms

We can see that 5.13 times the total number of white births, compared to total black births, resulted in 1.5 times the number of out of wedlock white births, compared to out of wedlock black births.

That's why, while total white unwed births are 50% higher, the black unwed birth rate is about 2.4 times the white rate.

Nah, your numbers make the black, unwed birth percentages look much worse than they were.

Yup, please let us know when you understand what "rate" means.

I can attest from where I live that the vast majority of black children are being raised in unmarried homes.
You can't attest that because statistcs prove it isn't true.
The stats and my mostly black locale jibe.
Most black homes are out of wedlock.
:LOL: So what if the couple isn't married as long as they are there for the kids. I suggest you read my post on the myth of the absent Black father before you continue to spread your virus of misinformation.
The commitment of marriage is for the benefit of the kids and the culture at large.
The missing black father is not a myth. It’s an empirical reality and consistently manifests itself in social demise.

The missing black father is a myth. What is not is the white female divorcee that leaves at about 1/2 of all white homes with no father present.

Where do you get that from? I've found it a bit difficult to get data about single parent households, rather than unmarried parent households, as those are not necessarily the same thing. However, from the little I have seen, it is not true that half of white homes do not have a father present.

For example, according to this http://datacenter.kidscount.org/dat...70,573,869,36,868/10,11,9,12,1,185,13/432,431 , 24% of non-Hispanic white children live in a single-parent family, if single-parent is defined as "Children under age 18 who live with their own single parent either in a family or subfamily. In this definition, single-parent families may include cohabiting couples and do not include children living with married stepparents. Children who live in group quarters (for example, institutions, dormitories, or group homes) are not included in this calculation."

Or there is this Single-Parent Families, by Race/Ethnicity | Data and Trends in Quality of Life for Greater Rochester Region , which while it is about New York, also gives statistics for the country as a whole. This page lists the single-parent family percentage for whites at 33%.

I expect it is a lot easier to get statistics for married vs unmarried mothers than it is for whether a child has a single parent in the home or more than one, as different people might define what constitutes a parent differently. Is it only when someone marries? Can a long term but unmarried significant other be considered a parent? What about married couples who do not live together, does that skew the stats? Then there is the question about whether a child in a single-parent home is still getting enough support from the parent they do not live with; just because a single parent is the custodial parent does not mean the other parent cannot be a positive influence on a child's life.

There are a lot of factors involved in this discussion. I am curious where you get the data indicating that half of white homes have no father present, though.

I can attest from where I live that the vast majority of black children are being raised in unmarried homes.
:LOL: So what if the couple isn't married as long as they are there for the kids. I suggest you read my post on the myth of the absent Black father before you continue to spread your virus of misinformation.
The commitment of marriage is for the benefit of the kids and the culture at large.
The missing black father is not a myth. It’s an empirical reality and consistently manifests itself in social demise.

The missing black father is a myth. What is not is the white female divorcee that leaves at about 1/2 of all white homes with no father present.
So you're saying you're retarded because of your genetics and not because you didn't have a father?

^
IM2's bad numbers

v

I know what rate means but I don't dismiss totals to use rate as an excuse deny and perpetuate a false racist belief.

So let me say this to you chicken wing, I asked your punk ass a question, a question you never answered. It was a question about whites and backs getting shot by police. A sissy like you are more than ready to tell us that blacks should not be complaining about this because more whites get shot by police. Your per capita and rate bullshit is never considered in situations like this. So what you are doing is weaseling out like the bitch you truly are.

Now go fetch me some grapes.

Where do you get that from? I've found it a bit difficult to get data about single parent households, rather than unmarried parent households, as those are not necessarily the same thing. However, from the little I have seen, it is not true that half of white homes do not have a father present.

For example, according to this Children in single-parent families by race | KIDS COUNT Data Center , 24% of non-Hispanic white children live in a single-parent family, if single-parent is defined as "Children under age 18 who live with their own single parent either in a family or subfamily. In this definition, single-parent families may include cohabiting couples and do not include children living with married stepparents. Children who live in group quarters (for example, institutions, dormitories, or group homes) are not included in this calculation."

Or there is this Single-Parent Families, by Race/Ethnicity | Data and Trends in Quality of Life for Greater Rochester Region , which while it is about New York, also gives statistics for the country as a whole. This page lists the single-parent family percentage for whites at 33%.

I expect it is a lot easier to get statistics for married vs unmarried mothers than it is for whether a child has a single parent in the home or more than one, as different people might define what constitutes a parent differently. Is it only when someone marries? Can a long term but unmarried significant other be considered a parent? What about married couples who do not live together, does that skew the stats? Then there is the question about whether a child in a single-parent home is still getting enough support from the parent they do not live with; just because a single parent is the custodial parent does not mean the other parent cannot be a positive influence on a child's life.

There are a lot of factors involved in this discussion. I am curious where you get the data indicating that half of white homes have no father present, though.

Start asking these whites where they get their shit from before you ask me another question.

^
IM2's bad numbers

v

I know what rate means but I don't dismiss totals to use rate as an excuse deny and perpetuate a false racist belief.

So let me say this to you chicken wing, I asked your punk ass a question, a question you never answered. It was a question about whites and backs getting shot by police. A sissy like you are more than ready to tell us that blacks should not be complaining about this because more whites get shot by police. Your per capita and rate bullshit is never considered in situations like this. So what you are doing is weaseling out like the bitch you truly are.

I know what rate means

You're lying.

I don't dismiss totals to use rate as an excuse deny and perpetuate a false racist belief.

Racist belief?
White rates of unwed births are a big problem.
They'll lead to higher drop out rates, higher crime rates and higher poverty rates.

Higher black rates of unwed births are an even bigger problem.
They'll lead to higher drop out rates, higher crime rates and higher poverty rates.

^
IM2's bad numbers

v

Blacks are shot to death at a higher rate than whites by police. 457 whites were shot to death by police in 2017, 223 blacks. People shot to death by U.S. police 2017-2018, by race | Statistic

The white population was 195,453,000, the black population was 39,256,900. Population Distribution by Race/Ethnicity

It seems harder to find shooting numbers including those who did not die.

For example, according to this Children in single-parent families by race | KIDS COUNT Data Center , 24% of non-Hispanic white children live in a single-parent family, if single-parent is defined as "Children under age 18 who live with their own single parent either in a family or subfamily. In this definition, single-parent families may include cohabiting couples and do not include children living with married stepparents. Children who live in group quarters (for example, institutions, dormitories, or group homes) are not included in this calculation."

Start asking these whites where they get their shit from before you ask me another question.
This white gets his info from living in da hood for the past 35 years.

I haven't seen anyone else posting much in the way of statistics. :dunno:

The closest I can recall is something about blacks killing each other at Central American rates. To be honest, I kind of dismissed that as silliness. :dunno:

Also, I'll ask questions of whomever I please. ;)

So you're saying you're retarded because of your genetics and not because you didn't have a father?

Motherfucker I had a father who lived with my mother for 53 years until he died. So it's apparent that you are retard because you are a dumb fuck white piece of racist shit.

Where are the moderators around here who can send me a notification for making comments about someones momma, but this punk ass bitch gets to say shit like this?

^
IM2's bad numbers

v

I know what rate means
But do you truly understand it?

Which society is most likely to succeed?

1. A white society with 100,000 citizens, 1,000 of whom are retarded violent criminals.
2. A black society with 1,000 citizens, 999 of whom are retarded violent criminals.

This white gets his info from living in da hood for the past 35 years.

I'm 57 and black son. That means I know more about back families, ,black communities and black culture than you.

Motherfucker I had a father who lived with my mother for 53 years until he died. So it's apparent that you are retard because you are a dumb fuck white piece of racist shit.

Where are the moderators around here who can send me a notification for making comments about someones momma, but this punk ass bitch gets to say shit like this?
Where did I say anything about your momma? I asked you why you were retarded (must be genetics) since it's apparently NOT because of a lack of a father. Now sure how the fuck you got "comments about someones momma" out of that. Must be your long heritage of genetic retardation. And a touch of your victim mentality.

^
IM2's bad numbers

v

I know what rate means

1. A white society with 100,000 citizens, 1,000 of whom are retarded violent criminals.
2. A black society with 1,000 citizens, 999 of whom are retarded violent criminals.

Whatever society gets to male the rules. For that is the society who determines who are the retarded violet criminals. You see dunce cap, that white society will have 100,000 citizens and 70,000 will be retarded violent criminals. The black society will have 1,000 citizens with 270 violent retarded criminals. That's what the crime numbers show us on an annual basis.

^
IM2's bad numbers

v

I know what rate means

Whatever society gets to male the rules.
They both make the rules for themselves. So what's your answer? Stop dodging.
For that is the society who determines who are the retarded violet criminals. You see dunce cap, that white society will have 100,000 citizens and 70,000 will be retarded violent criminals. The black society will have 1,000 citizens with 270 violent retarded criminals. That's what the crime numbers show us on an annual basis.
Really? So what statistics do you have that show whites commit violent crime at a higher rate than blacks?

He didnt say anything about your family you dumb ass.

^
IM2's bad numbers

v

I know what rate means

Whatever society gets to male the rules. For that is the society who determines who are the retarded violet criminals. You see dunce cap, that white society will have 100,000 citizens and 70,000 will be retarded violent criminals. The black society will have 1,000 citizens with 270 violent retarded criminals. That's what the crime numbers show us on an annual basis.
No it doesnt you dumb ass.

Where did I say anything about your momma? I asked you why you were retarded (must be genetics) since it's apparently NOT because of a lack of a father. Now sure how the fuck you got "comments about someones momma" out of that. Must be your long heritage of genetic retardation. And a touch of your victim mentality.

I'm far more intelligent than you and have shown it.

He didnt say anything about your family you dumb ass.

I guess telling me I didn't have a father is not saying anything about my family.

Forum List

Back