The First Black Republican Presidential Nominee Will Be.....

Ohh I see you have a laundry list of EXCUSES for why black tribes sold slaves. You of course realize that black tribes had been taking slaves for about a 1000 years by then and simply found a more profitable way to use them? That IN FACT some blacks STILL TO THIS DAY ENSLAVE other blacks? What is your excuse for THAT?
If they were excuses I wouldn't be making them. But what they show is what you don't want to see. Therefore you try dismissing it. Whites had slaves for the same 1000 years. Still to this day whites enslave other whites. But you see, the deal here is that blacks slaves in Africa somehow could get out of slavery by repaying their debt or serving their time for crimes committed. They could own property and purchase their freedom and some even became kings. I don't think a serf was able to do that. Now would you like to talk about what happened to blacks after slavery ended? Or did blacks create Jim Crow segregation too?
LOL more excuses, just accept the fact you are racist and whites for you are the boggy man.

The only excuse being made is blacks sold each other into slavery. A black Ugandan doesn't consider himself the same as a black Algerian. This is another reason why I say your story is disingenuous. So why did whites buy the slaves? They didn't have to retardedsgt. WHY DIDN'T THEY ENSLAVE THEIR OWN?

LOLOL

The symbolism of the flag has never changed. It still represents slavery and oppression. That was the reason for its birth and it still means that today, even if modern day supporters want to view it differently.

Your pretense of missing the last 150 years of history, is not credible.

The flag has been accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride for over 5 generations.

So, that is you failing to support your claim that the South is the most racist portion of the country.
LOLOL

Accepted by who? Primarily by racists?

Ask most blacks how they feel about it.

That flag represents slavery and white supremacy. It has done so for 5 generations.

We live in an era of rebranding and makeover marketing.

What the symbol stands for has never changed.

Sure it did. IN the early 1860s, it stood for an army of the Confederacy.

Not long after that, it slowly morphed into a harmless symbol of regional pride.

And has been accepted as such, by America as a whole, for over 5 generations.

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

Hardly. I've been to the majority of the states in this country, have quite a few active and retired educators in my family from states all over America, and heard many different views on it....very few of which view it as a "long standing, harmless symbol of regional pride", as you call it.

Outside of the south, and among a minuscule fringe of states rights sympathizers, it does not get much positive recognition.

At all.

But, I'm all for letting it fly, as a teachable example to future generations of what it's history stands for.

The photo below was taken within the "5 generation," period of "regional pride" that you reference, and I remember seeing some scenes like this, up close and personal when with my parents at civil rights marches in the south during the 1960's.

96e770416531b2bb8027b50dec125df8.jpg

Last edited:
Funny how I am still the only one who has named any possible black republican candidates...

And instead of Trumpers discussing the merit of these candidates -- they are still trying to argue against easily verifiable facts from 50 plus years ago..

It's almost like there is some pathological compulsion to keep fighting a war they lost since 1865...
Republicans won the Civil War. Democrats lost.

And Democrats have never forgiven us for taking their slaves away.
Since you are another disingenuous coward who purposely avoids using the term conservative and liberal..

Please tell me how many Democrats are currently whining like a bitch every time a monument to Confederate traitors gets removed?? Republicans or Democrats?

Please tell me what party (TODAY, not 60 yrs ago) keeps having record numbers of neo Nazis running for office... republicans or Democrats??
No Democrats are whining about statues being removed.

They're whining the statues even exist at all, and tearing them down like 4-year-olds seeing a better sandcastle than theirs.

How many statues do we have to remove before slavery never happened, huh?

And you need to tell me what you believe a neo-Nazi is. Hint: It's not someone who disagrees with liberals. Kindly stick to established definitions of words, or shut the fuck up.
I figured yo sissified ass would stick your fingers in your ears and pretend reality doesn't exist....

You dic suckers lost back then and you continue to lose now ..so much so that you can't even admit that the only one who glorifies and romanticizes the cause of the "Cons" back then are "Cons" of today..cons as in conservative....it was conservatives who felt the need to come up with the lost cause strategy to try to water down their own abject racism

I damn sure don't see these flags at any Bernie rallies...but I damn sure see them at all the Trump rallies
17confederate1-superJumbo.jpg

Just because blacks resisted the slave trade does not mean blacks did not actually sell other blacks, because they did. Your slight of hand won't work. Black tribes were involved DIRECTLY in selling black slaves they had to white slavers. As a point in fact, you DISMISS the whites that died opposing slavery as to little to late or other bullshit. While claiming just because Black tribes also fought against slavery some how nullifies the fact that other black tribes sold black slaves.
On a post asking about possible up and coming black republican Presidential candidates (of which you have not named any) - morons like you see it as an opportunity to racist-splain slavery ...as if in your mind, this is in any way related to a black person being nominated for president...

If I had asked about a woman being nominated president, would you be trying to explain away conservatives opposition to women not being considered property and voting??

LOLOL

That flag represents slavery and white supremacy. It has done so for 5 generations.

We aren’t rebranding America.. our culture is what made it strong will never change

Who said America as a country is rebranding? I was referring to the confederate flag.

You are rather slow, aren't you?
I love that flag
That's because you're racist.

LOL

The conservative south remains the most racist part of the country.

An interesting claim. How would you back that up?
ap00070101626-4e5f8a1b40df73b275344fc3a1eb39e031d5186a-s800-c85.jpg

So, you pretending to have missed the last 150 years, where the focus of that flag was moved from Secession and slavery to a harmless symbol of regional pride?

That is silly. You are not that stupid.

Now, what of the incredible racism of the urban blacks and their rabid support of pro-black racial discrimination policies of the dems?
LOLOL

The symbolism of the flag has never changed. It still represents slavery and oppression. That was the reason for its birth and it still means that today, even if modern day supporters want to view it differently.
These damn white supremacists!

Now, remember, it's your duty and obligation as a white liberal to tell these black people their views are wrong, and tell them what they have to believe.

It's the White Liberal's Burden.
Why would I lie to them like that?

Your pretense of missing the last 150 years of history, is not credible.

The flag has been accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride for over 5 generations.

So, that is you failing to support your claim that the South is the most racist portion of the country.
LOLOL

Not long after that, it slowly morphed into a harmless symbol of regional pride.

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

Hardly. I've been to the majority of the states in this country, have quite a few active and retired educators in my family from states all over America, and heard many different views on it....very few of which view it as a "long standing, harmless symbol of regional pride", as you call it.

Outside of the south, and among a minuscule fringe of states rights sympathizers, it does not get much positive recognition.

At all.

But, I'm all for letting it fly, as a teachable example to future generations of what it's history stands for.

The photo below was taken within the "5 generation," period of "regional pride" that you reference, and I remember seeing some scenes like this, up close and personal when with my parents at civil rights marches in the south during the 1960's.

View attachment 313321

The Dukes of Hazzard represented the flag, as demonstrated with my pic of the Gen Lee, and it's owners and their very attractive cousin,

as a harmless symbol of regional pride, celebrated by sympathetic and attractive main characters, and the nation as a whole accepted that without any shock or surprise.

Indeed, that show became a NATIONAL hit, loved as good, harmless, fluff entertainment by fans all over this nation.

LOLOL

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

The Dukes of Hazzard represented the flag, as demonstrated with my pic of the Gen Lee, and it's owners and their very attractive cousin,

as a harmless symbol of regional pride, celebrated by sympathetic and attractive main characters, and the nation as a whole accepted that without any shock or surprise.

Indeed, that show became a NATIONAL hit, loved as good, harmless, fluff entertainment by fans all over this nation.

Harmless symbol

vTkyi58tn_UA0C0_TmpOiJpUONdHJq2CPAyBwr45Tsy1d46FLQIq35goisY-ZqN0do_bZZ6EhPCk6UFErxFDqNAZWxyTdWVSkVT4XKb_wrzduzWbjA

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

Harmless symbol

vTkyi58tn_UA0C0_TmpOiJpUONdHJq2CPAyBwr45Tsy1d46FLQIq35goisY-ZqN0do_bZZ6EhPCk6UFErxFDqNAZWxyTdWVSkVT4XKb_wrzduzWbjA

Why do you defer to THAT guy and not the Union Veterans from the blue and grey gettysberg reunion?

13841r.jpg

LOLOL

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

So was Hogan's Heroes.

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

So was Hogan's Heroes.

I'm sorry, I don't see how what you posted, related to my post, in any way.

Hogan's Heroes, the heroes was the POW, allied troops from America, or American allies, who were fighting the Nazis and were captured, and yet, continued to fight the Nazis.

The Nazis of the show, were all shown, as negative characters, with very little if ANY redeeming qualities.

Can you spell out your point, cause I don't see it at all?

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

So was Hogan's Heroes.

Hogan's Heroes, the heroes was the POW, allied troops from America, or American allies, who were fighting the Nazis and were captured, and yet, continued to fight the Nazis.

The Nazis of the show, were all shown, as negative characters, with very little if ANY redeeming qualities.

Swastikas were brandished as a prop to show they were nazis. Likewise, the confederate references on Dukes of Hazard were brandished as a prop to show the were southerners.

• Thanks

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

Harmless symbol

Why do you defer to THAT guy and not the Union Veterans from the blue and grey gettysberg reunion?

13841r.jpg
Because THAT guy symbolizes why the Confederate flag is so offensive.
After a relatively short war, that flag came to represent oppression of Civil Rights.

People who are marching to VOTE get faced with morons who wave that flag to remind them of their real status in our society.

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

So was Hogan's Heroes.

Swastikas were brandished as a prop to show they were nazis. Likewise, the confederate references on Dukes of Hazard were brandished as a prop to show the were southerners.

Correct.

And the Nazis were know by being nazis to be the bad guys, and the audience had not problem accepting this and enjoying the show.

The Southerns, were known to be southerns, by their use of southern symbols, and they were, not KNOWN to be good guys just on that basis, after all Boss Hogg was a southern and he was the bad guy,

but, the Duke Boys were known to be southerns, thanks in part to their use of southern or confederate symbols, and they were presented as THE HEROES of the show, and the viewing audience, the NATION WIDE viewing audience, had no problem with this, it was never commented on, that I ever heard of, at the time, then or since, till very recently.

That is MY point, that the symbol was "rebranded" LONG ago, from a symbol of secession and slavery to one of harmless regional pride.

You, being a modern liberal, might disagree with that rebranding, but it is an historical fact.

Ignoring it, and pretending that the people that use it today, are using it in a fashion they are NOT using it,

is just you ginning up a thin excuse to be very rude to people and to marginalize them.

ON false grounds.

"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

So was Hogan's Heroes.

Correct.

And the Nazis were know by being nazis to be the bad guys, and the audience had not problem accepting this and enjoying the show.

The Southerns, were known to be southerns, by their use of southern symbols, and they were, not KNOWN to be good guys just on that basis, after all Boss Hogg was a southern and he was the bad guy,

but, the Duke Boys were known to be southerns, thanks in part to their use of southern or confederate symbols, and they were presented as THE HEROES of the show, and the viewing audience, the NATION WIDE viewing audience, had no problem with this, it was never commented on, that I ever heard of, at the time, then or since, till very recently.

That is MY point, that the symbol was "rebranded" LONG ago, from a symbol of secession and slavery to one of harmless regional pride.

You, being a modern liberal, might disagree with that rebranding, but it is an historical fact.

Ignoring it, and pretending that the people that use it today, are using it in a fashion they are NOT using it,

is just you ginning up a thin excuse to be very rude to people and to marginalize them.

ON false grounds.
LOL

Like with Hogan's Heroes, that didn't change the meaning of the flag or redeem General Lee, who led a revolt to protect slavery. They were props in TV shows to reflect their location.

• Thanks

general-lee.jpg

"America as a whole"?

At all.

View attachment 313321

Harmless symbol

13841r.jpg
Because THAT guy symbolizes why the Confederate flag is so offensive.
After a relatively short war, that flag came to represent oppression of Civil Rights.

People who are marching to VOTE get faced with morons who wave that flag to remind them of their real status in our society.

Yes, I get that that guy and some others like him, that was, even still IS, what they want it to symbolize.

But so many others, from the Union vets of the Civil war, to hundreds of millions of southerns over the last 5 generations, to the fans of the Dukes of Hazzard, viewed it as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

My question to you, which you did not address, is WHY DO YOU CHOOSE THE ONE SIDE, INSTEAD OF THE OTHER SIDE?

AND, further more, why do you pretend that the people that disagree with you on what the flag represents, ie those that consider it a harmless symbol of regional pride, why do you attack them as though they are using it to celebrate YOUR belief of that symbol?

We aren’t rebranding America.. our culture is what made it strong will never change

Who said America as a country is rebranding? I was referring to the confederate flag.

I love that flag
Many races fought for that flag, and still celebrate it .. Brazil’s Brown people celebrate it.. get a education

I love that flag
Many races fought for that flag, and still celebrate it .. Brazil’s Brown people celebrate it.. get a education
"get a education"

LOLOL

These jokes just write themselves.

:abgg2q.jpg:

And dumbass, nothing alters the reality that the south fought for independence so that they could keep their slaves.

Forum List

Back