🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Founding Fathers Knew That Immigration Was A Dangerous Undertaking If Done Improperly

Pure lunacy. The so called founding fathers were all immigrants.
Pure bullshit ^^^^ half of my ancestors were natives to America.

And so half your descendants were immigrants. .But since I was talking about the so called founders, they all were immigrants here.
My grands were originals and those Adams, Owens, and Browns that came in the first boats along with many others married the natives. I could almost feel sorry for you but the fact is I don't because you are a shit stirring racist from everything I have seen you post.

No racism here. But the truth bothers a chump like you. The so called founders were immigrants and no matter what kind of boat your ancestors came here on, if half your family came here from elsewhere regardless of who they married, they were immigrants.
Regardless they are still the Founders of this great nation and the people of the nation do not have to accept open borders to immigrants who are not going to enhance the life of the populace at large.

Diversity is a weakness NCitizen .

Alright. Explain, please. Thanks.
-------------------------- REAL simple , you and i are are just one example as we have DIVERSE opinions. And i will never accept what i think / guess your opinion on immigration is , for example . --------------- Also , i will never accept what SOME 'muslims' in the USA think of the USA Constitution when compared to 'shariah law' NCitizen .

Pure lunacy. The so called founding fathers were all immigrants.

And so half your descendants were immigrants. .But since I was talking about the so called founders, they all were immigrants here.
My grands were originals and those Adams, Owens, and Browns that came in the first boats along with many others married the natives. I could almost feel sorry for you but the fact is I don't because you are a shit stirring racist from everything I have seen you post.

No racism here. But the truth bothers a chump like you. The so called founders were immigrants and no matter what kind of boat your ancestors came here on, if half your family came here from elsewhere regardless of who they married, they were immigrants.
Regardless they are still the Founders of this great nation and the people of the nation do not have to accept open borders to immigrants who are not going to enhance the life of the populace at large.

They were immigrants and one specific group of people do not get to determine who gets to come here unless they are 100 percent Native American.

End the welfare and the immigration problem goes away. Naw?
Which welfare? Immigrants should have sponsors. If the sponsor is not willing to fully support an approved (have a strict standard to go by) the immigrant should not be allowed to immigrate. Welfare to the rich and corrupt who simply desire more power and money? I agree it needs to be stopped.

Welfare for people on hard times is needed. I was on and off welfare after divorcing an abusive husband over thirty years ago. At that time the states were not going after deadbeat parents. That has changed for the most part over the years. Back then I went straight off of welfare into contracting after recovering from a deadly illness. In time I helped support over forty other families that worked for me up until the point my own children were grown and I was sick of the politics and the crap that it was taking to keep a viable business operational. If you want people to be self supporting there must be an environment in which they desire to be self supporting and as corrupt as things are at this point that is very difficult.
We're having problems with a fat, black, lesbian. She seems to think that putting up with her abusive insults is something we rich folks need to endure. We were all born privileged and of course she wasn't. So every time the slightest thing goes wrong in her apartment....well God Dammit, it's my fault it happened.

--- --- check it out NCitizen and tell me WHY its a good thing to import these muslims into the USA to be an imported 5th column even if they only VOTE against an Americans point of view NCitizen ??

johnadamsquotesforeigners.jpg

Our founding fathers were wise beyond their years. This is what made America the special place it once was. Before Obama decided that America needed to be transformed.

What John Quincy Adams Said About Immigration Will Blow Your Mind
John Quincy Adams: 'Emigrants from Germany or from elsewhere, coming here, are not to expect favors from the governments.'
August 18, 2014 By D.C. McAllister

We often hear about the glory days of immigration when America threw open her arms to the huddled masses, but one thing you don’t hear about is how those people had to make it on their own without a government safety net. There was plenty of private charity, which was highly encouraged, but health care, a minimum-wage job, college entrance, housing, legal representation, and education certainly weren’t promised—not like today.

In 1819, John Quincy Adams wrote a letter as secretary of State under President James Monroe to a man named von Fiirstenwarther, who had written a report about emigration in Germany and wanted the U.S. government to give him a job if he immigrated to the United States from his native country. The letter gives great insight into attitudes about immigration at a time when it was becoming a serious issue; the nation was in a financial crisis because banks were printing too much money, and the country was expanding at an overwhelming rate. Jobs weren’t as easy to come by as they had been in the past (sound familiar?). The idea of immigrants receiving government subsistence was nonsensical. The borders were open, but it was up to each individual to make his or her own way in the New World. Americans then valued personal responsibility and liberty more highly than security and public welfare.

Adam’s letter reveals this fact like nothing else. It is difficult to find (it was printed in Niles’ Weekly Register, Volume 18, in 1820), and it would be a surprise if most politicians today have even read it—but they should.

Here it is, in full (italics added). Let its wisdom be a lesson for today as we throw open our borders to the poor in an age of government largesse.

The Letter from John Quincy Adams
Sir—I had the honor of receiving your letter of the 22nd April, enclosing one from your kinsman, the Baron de Gagern, and a copy of your printed report, which I hope and have no doubt will be useful to those of your countrymen in Germany, who may have entertained erroneous ideas, with regard to the results of emigration from Europe to this country.

The United States ‘has never held out any incitements to induce the subjects of any other sovereign to abandon their own country, to become inhabitants of this.’
It was explicitly stated to you, and your report has taken just notice of the statement, that the government of the United States has never adopted any measure to encourage or invite emigrants from any part of Europe. It has never held out any incitements to induce the subjects of any other sovereign to abandon their own country, to become inhabitants of this. From motives of humanity it has occasionally furnished facilities to emigrants who, having arrived here with views of forming settlements, have specially needed such assistance to carry them into effect. Neither the general government of the union, nor those of the individual states, are ignorant or unobservant of the additional strength and wealth, which accrues to the nation, by the accession of a mass of healthy, industrious, and frugal laborers, nor are they in any manner insensible to the great benefits which this country has derived, and continues to derive, from the influx of such adoptive children from Germany.

But there is one principle which pervades all the institutions of this country, and which must always operate as an obstacle to the granting of favors to new comers. This is a land, not of privileges, but of equal rights. Privileges are granted by European sovereigns to particular classes of individuals, for purposes of general policy; but the general impression here is that privileges granted to one denomination of people, can very seldom be discriminated from erosions of the rights of others.

Emigrants from Germany, therefore, or from elsewhere, coming here, are not to expect favors from the governments. They are to expect, if they choose to become citizens, equal rights with those of the natives of the country. They are to expect, if affluent, to possess the means of making their property productive, with moderation, and with safety;—if indigent, but industrious, honest and frugal, the means of obtaining easy and comfortable subsistence for themselves and their families.

Immigrants ‘come to a life of independence, but to a life of labor…’
They come to a life of independence, but to a life of labor—and, if they cannot accommodate themselves to the character, moral, political, and physical, of this country, with all its compensating balances of good and evil, the Atlantic is always open to them, to return to the land of their nativity and their fathers.

To one thing they must make up their minds, or, they will be disappointed in every expectation of happiness as Americans. They must cast off the European skin, never to resume it. They must look forward to their posterity, rather than backward to their ancestors; they must be sure that whatever their own feelings may be, those of their children will cling to the prejudices of this country, and will partake of that proud spirit, not unmingled with disdain, which you have observed is remarkable in the general character of this people, and as perhaps belonging peculiarly to those of German descent, born in this country.

That feeling of superiority over other nations which you have noticed, and which has been so offensive to other strangers, who have visited these shores, arises from the consciousness of every individual that, as a member of society, no man in the country is above him; and, exulting in this sentiment, he looks down upon those nations where the mass of the people feel themselves the inferiors of privileged classes, and where men are high or low, according to the accidents of their birth.

‘No government in the world possesses so few means of bestowing favors, as the government of the United States.’

But hence it is that no government in the world possesses so few means of bestowing favors, as the government of the United States. The governments are the servants of the people, and are so considered by the people, who place and displace them at their pleasure. They are chosen to manage for short periods the common concerns, and when they cease to give satisfaction, they cease to be employed. If the powers, however, of the government to do good are restricted, those of doing harm are still more limited. The dependence, in affairs of government, is the reverse of the practice in Europe, instead of the people depending upon their rulers, the rulers, as such, are always dependent upon the good will of the people.

Read more here......What John Quincy Adams Said About Immigration Will Blow Your Mind

moron, do you know which of the founding fathers wasn't even born here? and do you know they didn't even agree with each other?

assuming what you're saying is even true.... because nothing you ever say is true. *shrug*

idiot.

Diversity is a weakness NCitizen .

Alright. Explain, please. Thanks.
-------------------------- REAL simple , you and i are are just one example as we have DIVERSE opinions. And i will never accept what i think / guess your opinion on immigration is , for example . --------------- Also , i will never accept what SOME 'muslims' in the USA think of the USA Constitution when compared to 'shariah law' NCitizen .

I don't really understand what you said here. I'm sorry.

They were immigrants and one specific group of people do not get to determine who gets to come here unless they are 100 percent Native American.
I'm a Native American. I was born in Montana....which is part of America. So I'm a native. On the island of Oahu, nobody can claim to be an islander unless they were born there. Most of those motherfuckers relatives are from Sumoa and the Marshall Islands, but they was born on Oahu, so their Kenaki ass is a local. What Does It Mean To Be 'Local' In Hawaii? | HuffPost

Course if you're a white motherfucker....you can never be a native anywhere unless you were born in Europe.

End the welfare and the immigration problem goes away. Naw?
Which welfare? Immigrants should have sponsors. If the sponsor is not willing to fully support an approved (have a strict standard to go by) the immigrant should not be allowed to immigrate. Welfare to the rich and corrupt who simply desire more power and money? I agree it needs to be stopped.

Welfare for people on hard times is needed. I was on and off welfare after divorcing an abusive husband over thirty years ago. At that time the states were not going after deadbeat parents. That has changed for the most part over the years. Back then I went straight off of welfare into contracting after recovering from a deadly illness. In time I helped support over forty other families that worked for me up until the point my own children were grown and I was sick of the politics and the crap that it was taking to keep a viable business operational. If you want people to be self supporting there must be an environment in which they desire to be self supporting and as corrupt as things are at this point that is very difficult.
We're having problems with a fat, black, lesbian. She seems to think that putting up with her abusive insults is something we rich folks need to endure. We were all born privileged and of course she wasn't. So every time the slightest thing goes wrong in her apartment....well God Dammit, it's my fault it happened.
City living sucks. I lived in an apartment building once and decided never again if I could possibly avoid it.

simply put , DIVERSITY is a WEAKNESS . See the 'shariah' loving muslims living in Minnesota in the video i linked . And what is the good purpose for Americans importing shariah loving 'muslims' and their DIVERSE opinions into the USA NCitizen . --- ---

Wrong as everyone that is a legal non-criminal American born citizen gets a voice if it is within the boundaries of the law. The majority in each states votes on who they will send to Washington D.C. to represent their best interest and those legislators set the boundaries of immigration laws and regulations. Without a ratification by the states nothing added to or taken away from the Constitution is actual valid. The UN and a few race baiters and globalist do not get to alter and change that no matter how hard they try. The only other political position that does not require a majority is the office of the president and that is by electoral college in order to give every state an equal voice. If you do not like all of that move to a country were you are free to push a different agenda as this one will remain solid no matter how much you try to push it into something different than what it was founded on, LIBERTY and JUSTICE FOR ALL.

`
`

Insofar that there is no shortage of constitutional experts online, the OP's opinion, however worthy of academic discussion, is moot. The document we ended up with, now governs our country. JQA was very intelligent and well educated. However, it was his dad, John Adams, that was a framer of the US constitution, not his son.
`

johnadamsquotesforeigners.jpg

Our founding fathers were wise beyond their years. This is what made America the special place it once was. Before Obama decided that America needed to be transformed.

What John Quincy Adams Said About Immigration Will Blow Your Mind
John Quincy Adams: 'Emigrants from Germany or from elsewhere, coming here, are not to expect favors from the governments.'
August 18, 2014 By D.C. McAllister

We often hear about the glory days of immigration when America threw open her arms to the huddled masses, but one thing you don’t hear about is how those people had to make it on their own without a government safety net. There was plenty of private charity, which was highly encouraged, but health care, a minimum-wage job, college entrance, housing, legal representation, and education certainly weren’t promised—not like today.

In 1819, John Quincy Adams wrote a letter as secretary of State under President James Monroe to a man named von Fiirstenwarther, who had written a report about emigration in Germany and wanted the U.S. government to give him a job if he immigrated to the United States from his native country. The letter gives great insight into attitudes about immigration at a time when it was becoming a serious issue; the nation was in a financial crisis because banks were printing too much money, and the country was expanding at an overwhelming rate. Jobs weren’t as easy to come by as they had been in the past (sound familiar?). The idea of immigrants receiving government subsistence was nonsensical. The borders were open, but it was up to each individual to make his or her own way in the New World. Americans then valued personal responsibility and liberty more highly than security and public welfare.

Adam’s letter reveals this fact like nothing else. It is difficult to find (it was printed in Niles’ Weekly Register, Volume 18, in 1820), and it would be a surprise if most politicians today have even read it—but they should.

Here it is, in full (italics added). Let its wisdom be a lesson for today as we throw open our borders to the poor in an age of government largesse.

The Letter from John Quincy Adams
Sir—I had the honor of receiving your letter of the 22nd April, enclosing one from your kinsman, the Baron de Gagern, and a copy of your printed report, which I hope and have no doubt will be useful to those of your countrymen in Germany, who may have entertained erroneous ideas, with regard to the results of emigration from Europe to this country.

The United States ‘has never held out any incitements to induce the subjects of any other sovereign to abandon their own country, to become inhabitants of this.’
It was explicitly stated to you, and your report has taken just notice of the statement, that the government of the United States has never adopted any measure to encourage or invite emigrants from any part of Europe. It has never held out any incitements to induce the subjects of any other sovereign to abandon their own country, to become inhabitants of this. From motives of humanity it has occasionally furnished facilities to emigrants who, having arrived here with views of forming settlements, have specially needed such assistance to carry them into effect. Neither the general government of the union, nor those of the individual states, are ignorant or unobservant of the additional strength and wealth, which accrues to the nation, by the accession of a mass of healthy, industrious, and frugal laborers, nor are they in any manner insensible to the great benefits which this country has derived, and continues to derive, from the influx of such adoptive children from Germany.

But there is one principle which pervades all the institutions of this country, and which must always operate as an obstacle to the granting of favors to new comers. This is a land, not of privileges, but of equal rights. Privileges are granted by European sovereigns to particular classes of individuals, for purposes of general policy; but the general impression here is that privileges granted to one denomination of people, can very seldom be discriminated from erosions of the rights of others.

Emigrants from Germany, therefore, or from elsewhere, coming here, are not to expect favors from the governments. They are to expect, if they choose to become citizens, equal rights with those of the natives of the country. They are to expect, if affluent, to possess the means of making their property productive, with moderation, and with safety;—if indigent, but industrious, honest and frugal, the means of obtaining easy and comfortable subsistence for themselves and their families.

Immigrants ‘come to a life of independence, but to a life of labor…’
They come to a life of independence, but to a life of labor—and, if they cannot accommodate themselves to the character, moral, political, and physical, of this country, with all its compensating balances of good and evil, the Atlantic is always open to them, to return to the land of their nativity and their fathers.

To one thing they must make up their minds, or, they will be disappointed in every expectation of happiness as Americans. They must cast off the European skin, never to resume it. They must look forward to their posterity, rather than backward to their ancestors; they must be sure that whatever their own feelings may be, those of their children will cling to the prejudices of this country, and will partake of that proud spirit, not unmingled with disdain, which you have observed is remarkable in the general character of this people, and as perhaps belonging peculiarly to those of German descent, born in this country.

That feeling of superiority over other nations which you have noticed, and which has been so offensive to other strangers, who have visited these shores, arises from the consciousness of every individual that, as a member of society, no man in the country is above him; and, exulting in this sentiment, he looks down upon those nations where the mass of the people feel themselves the inferiors of privileged classes, and where men are high or low, according to the accidents of their birth.

‘No government in the world possesses so few means of bestowing favors, as the government of the United States.’

But hence it is that no government in the world possesses so few means of bestowing favors, as the government of the United States. The governments are the servants of the people, and are so considered by the people, who place and displace them at their pleasure. They are chosen to manage for short periods the common concerns, and when they cease to give satisfaction, they cease to be employed. If the powers, however, of the government to do good are restricted, those of doing harm are still more limited. The dependence, in affairs of government, is the reverse of the practice in Europe, instead of the people depending upon their rulers, the rulers, as such, are always dependent upon the good will of the people.

Read more here......What John Quincy Adams Said About Immigration Will Blow Your Mind

moron, do you know which of the founding fathers wasn't even born here? and do you know they didn't even agree with each other?

assuming what you're saying is even true.... because nothing you ever say is true. *shrug*

idiot.
Sorry, but the founding fathers weren't like you liberals....one monolithic group of assholes just doing what they're told to do.

`
`

Insofar that there is no shortage of constitutional experts online, the OP's opinion, however worthy of academic discussion, is moot. The document we ended up with, now governs our country. JQA was very intelligent and well educated. However, it was his dad, John Adams, that was a framer of the US constitution, not his son.
`
His father had many of the same ideas....as I have posted earlier.
The Constitution lays out the powers of government, but the Bill of Rights wasn't drawn up to be a way of governing or controlling the public. It was designed to protect the public from government. It doesn't lay out the manner in which one controls criminals or unethical politicians

His father had many of the same ideas....as I have posted earlier.The Constitution lays out the powers of government, but the Bill of Rights wasn't drawn up to be a way of governing or controlling the public. It was designed to protect the public from government. It doesn't lay out the manner in which one controls criminals or unethical politicians[
`
`

You must excuse if I'm not inclined to agree with your opinion on this topic.

His father had many of the same ideas....as I have posted earlier.The Constitution lays out the powers of government, but the Bill of Rights wasn't drawn up to be a way of governing or controlling the public. It was designed to protect the public from government. It doesn't lay out the manner in which one controls criminals or unethical politicians[
`
`

You must excuse if I'm not inclined to agree with your opinion on this topic.
That's okay.....it's a free country.....at least we're told that it is.

Forum List

Back