The Front Porch Swing

5daa547827dbe7348b52241ce728b470.jpg

:lol:

We were living on base temporary housing while waiting to close on our house, so we bought a small Hibachi to grill a couple of T-bones.....the hubs was watching a football game and kept going inside after checking on the steaks ever so often. He came in with a puzzled look on his face and asked me...."did you bring the steaks in"? "No" I said, "I didn't bring them in" - and there sat the dog on the patio licking his chops....with a real contented look on his face. Man, and those steaks were smelling so good and looking even better, just before the dog took them both and ate them.

Oh, my word. I would be SO peeved.

My Facebook status: The screw fell out of the right side of my glasses, and the lens fell out for probably the third time since I got these glasses. I was at work. I am legally blind without my glasses. Necessity being the mother of invention, and since I spent probably twenty minutes tearing my room apart trying to find my old glasses (with no luck) I wound up stripping down one of the electronic cord wrappers that I found in the desk drawer, threading it through the top and bottom, and tightening it into place. Booyah!! I can see!!!

My nephew's response: Way to go, Mcguyver. :)

:thup:

Glad you found a way to repair them and can can see again, however, I could not help remembering this old episode of The Twilight Zone starring Burgess Meredith from many years ago when I read about your ordeal:

Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAxARJyaTEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Time Enough at Last - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
My Facebook status: The screw fell out of the right side of my glasses, and the lens fell out for probably the third time since I got these glasses. I was at work. I am legally blind without my glasses. Necessity being the mother of invention, and since I spent probably twenty minutes tearing my room apart trying to find my old glasses (with no luck) I wound up stripping down one of the electronic cord wrappers that I found in the desk drawer, threading it through the top and bottom, and tightening it into place. Booyah!! I can see!!!

Glad you found a way to repair them and can can see again, however, I could not help remembering this old episode of The Twilight Zone starring Burgess Meredith from many years ago when I read about your ordeal:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAxARJyaTEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Time Enough at Last - YouTube[/ame]

I know!! I was explaining that episode to my poor shift lead, who was dealing with a very agitated blind woman.

I know!! I was explaining that episode to my poor shift lead, who was dealing with a very agitated blind woman.

It's interesting how we often take things that seem automatic for granted...until our ability to do them is restricted.

I had a similar incident on my vacation. I left home without my Abuterol(asthma inhaler), and woke up in the middle of the night on the cruise ship, having difficulty breathing.

That was the longest night I had spent in awhile. Luckily, I was able to get a non prescription aid to get me through it.

Time Enough at Last - YouTube

It's interesting how we often take things that seem automatic for granted...until our ability to do them is restricted.

I had a similar incident on my vacation. I left home without my Abuterol(asthma inhaler), and woke up in the middle of the night on the cruise ship, having difficulty breathing.

That was the longest night I had spent in awhile. Luckily, I was able to get a non prescription aid to get me through it.

I hear ya. My lungs always seem to act up when I'm on a call, so I can't exactly use an inhaler then. I wind up sounding like Captain Kirk, with all these random pauses while my lungs play hide-n-seek.

I hear ya. My lungs always seem to act up when I'm on a call, so I can't exactly use an inhaler then. I wind up sounding like Captain Kirk, with all these random pauses while my lungs play hide-n-seek.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't have difficulty very often, just certain things seem to trigger it. One of them is sleeping in a strange bed, or the smell of cigarettes or alcohol.

Pic or it didn't happen.....:lol::lol:

I was damn near in tears. Taking down big boxes of books on the off-chance my old pair was in there, putting them back up, through all the drawers, bags, shelves, ... ouch. :( But I can see now, and this makes me a happy panda.

:thanks:

Viral Video: Adorable Baby Panda Plays With Ball at China Zoo | TIME.com

Forum List

Back