The GOP's Eight Year Lie

They didn't laugh at you when you asked. They had a plan, they didn't have it fleshed out because for 7 years they knew that they would not get 0bamacare repealed. What they had was an outline of a plan, and that was all they needed at the time.

Like I said, they had a plan and they weren't hiding it. They didn't have it completely ready because, like everyone else in the establishment, they didn't expect Trump to win.
Well, they sure didn't, did they? They've been lying all this time.

The republican ran fort 7 years, and lied for 7 years , and ran for 7 years on their lies. It's as simple as that.

Complete garbage, as I have quite clearly explained.

And it sure as hell was a lie.

For years the GOP has been telling us, "just elect us, we have the plan for health care, and we'll fix it if we just have the power to ".

When we asked to SEE the plan, they laughed and said there was one and we didn't need to see it. They tossed a few vague "examples" of it - "We'll let insurance companies sell across state lines", or "we'll do HSA plans", or "tort reform", but it sure did seem like they didn't have an actual plan.

Okay, maybe I was wrong, maybe they were being honest, maybe they had a plan and would unveil it the day after Trump's inauguration day.

We're not supposed to take Trump literally, but seriously. How are we supposed to take the GOP now? Are we supposed to believe ANYTHING at this point?
What exactly was it that was not voted on Friday? A plan to repeal and replace? That plan that only 60 days after the Republicans did have in place to be voted on?

Apparently they did have a plan, apparently they are not lying.
If it had been 100 days instead of 60 ...nobody would have cared

But Republicans gave a half assed attempt at healthcare reform and then quit

Did it have a name? Was it in book format so we could read how it all fit together, and understand what it would look like, what it would cost, who would be covered and how?

Nixon had a secret plan to end the vietnam war.
Trump had a secret plan to defeat ISIS.

Republicans always have plans they can't tell us about, but tht they guarantee will work. The problem is you have to pay the price of admission to find out what they are, and there re no refunds.
I loved Trumps secret plan to defeat ISIS
It is a secret....I don't want to tip them off

He ended up with a glorified Obama ISIS plan

Yet fools like you think the D and R party's are radically opposed to each other...that they are polar opposites and your devoted love for the Ds, is warranted because the Rs are so EVIL.

I fear you and many like you will never understand that both party's are very much the same. That makes you a DUPE!

Dude, the tin foil on your hate needs adjusting.

here's the real problem with the two party system. They are us. They give us exactly what we want. We want the government to do all this stuff for us, and we want someone else to pay for it.

The GOP was able to get a lot of millage out of resentment against what ObamaCare had to do, but when the rubber met the road and people faced 24 million becoming uninsured and their insurance companies being able to deny coverage again, they chickened out.
Spot on. The democrats want the gov. To do stuff for you and they want others, namely the rich to pay for it. Listen to them! They literally scream "Medicare for all". Do they not know it takes a lifetime of hard work for wage earners to EARN Medicare? What did they do in the ACA? That's right they STOLE 916 billion dollars from the senior wage earners! Democrats are dirt.
Just remember you said this when Trump starts pushing for Medicare for All/single payer health care.

He is a lifelong New York limousine liberal Democrat, after all.

Depends. They did have a plan. Was it totally fleshed out at that point? No. But they did not keep its main points secret.

For years the GOP has been telling us, "just elect us, we have the plan for health care, and we'll fix it if we just have the power to ".

Not all conservatives were on board with that, and they still aren't, as we just saw. Many conservatives just like myself, want 0bamacare repealed and not replaced. So, though that's what YOU fixated on, not all conservatives agreed.
When we asked to SEE the plan, they laughed and said there was one and we didn't need to see it. They tossed a few vague "examples" of it - "We'll let insurance companies sell across state lines", or "we'll do HSA plans", or "tort reform", but it sure did seem like they didn't have an actual plan.

They didn't laugh at you when you asked. They had a plan, they didn't have it fleshed out because for 7 years they knew that they would not get 0bamacare repealed. What they had was an outline of a plan, and that was all they needed at the time.

Okay, maybe I was wrong, maybe they were being honest, maybe they had a plan and would unveil it the day after Trump's inauguration day.

Like I said, they had a plan and they weren't hiding it. They didn't have it completely ready because, like everyone else in the establishment, they didn't expect Trump to win.

Yes, they did, no they did not lie.
Okay then, I'll ask again: You said they had a plan three times in your post, what was it, outside of the vague examples I gave?

Did it have a name? Was it in book format so we could read how it all fit together, and understand what it would look like, what it would cost, who would be covered and how?

Eight freaking years. "We have a better plan". They did not, and they knew it. That's lying.

Your inner Liberal is showing. You cannot simply call it "vague" and dismiss it. It isn't vague because YOU say it is. As I have explained, it wasn't complete and fleshed out because they didn't have to. They knew that as long as 0bama was potus, there was no chance they would get to put it in place.

It had a name, it was called the GOP Healthcare plan. No, I doubt it was in book form but it didn't have to be. They explained the basic ideas they had. That was all that they needed to do at the time.

It appears that you didn't take the time to read my post more than a skimming. I'm not going to repeat everything I said here. Your failure here is in defining what they had and what they did in a way that enables you to call them a liar. It's a strawman argument. Something the liberals live and die on. I expect, and have read, better from you.

[QUOTE="WillowTree, post: 16878930, member: 11947" ]
They went up everywhere, just the most in Arizona. It is why America is pissed off at the democrats![/QUOTE]
Actually I think premiums went down in Mass-a-choo-sets and a few other states.

Depends. They did have a plan. Was it totally fleshed out at that point? No. But they did not keep its main points secret.

Not all conservatives were on board with that, and they still aren't, as we just saw. Many conservatives just like myself, want 0bamacare repealed and not replaced. So, though that's what YOU fixated on, not all conservatives agreed.

Okay then, I'll ask again: You said they had a plan three times in your post, what was it, outside of the vague examples I gave?

Eight freaking years. "We have a better plan". They did not, and they knew it. That's lying.

Your inner Liberal is showing. You cannot simply call it "vague" and dismiss it. It isn't vague because YOU say it is. As I have explained, it wasn't complete and fleshed out because they didn't have to. They knew that as long as 0bama was potus, there was no chance they would get to put it in place.

It had a name, it was called the GOP Healthcare plan. No, I doubt it was in book form but it didn't have to be. They explained the basic ideas they had. That was all that they needed to do at the time.

It appears that you didn't take the time to read my post more than a skimming. I'm not going to repeat everything I said here. Your failure here is in defining what they had and what they did in a way that enables you to call them a liar. It's a strawman argument. Something the liberals live and die on. I expect, and have read, better from you.
I've been paying close attention to this issue, because I'm trained in it and I deal with it pretty regularly for clients. For five years, I was the lone financial guy in the room, brought in by a Fortune 100 insurer to provide guidance as they pieced together health care plans for my state, benefit by benefit.

So, any detail will get my attention, and the GOP has simply not provided it. We've all heard the same short list of "ideas" - selling across state lines, HSAs, tort reform. All the GOP had to do - and I've said this a million times - was put together a real plan, lay it out, give it a name, and promote it. And all along, as we both know, they said their "ideas" were "better".

Rattling off three or four ideas isn't enough.

They were clearly just faking it, while telling us they had a better plan. Now, with all this power, they're looking foolish.

Did it have a name? Was it in book format so we could read how it all fit together, and understand what it would look like?

It's a simple question.
If they had a better plan, then why did they present the one they did?

Equally easy answer. They never had a better plan.

Wrong, it is far from simple. However, you have hit on the actual lie that the GOP has been telling though I don't think you realize it and the OP missed it completely.

The GOP kept pushing the repeal of Obamacare as often as they could during 0bama's regime. They knew that they had no chance of repealing it. It was a play to their constituents. The RINOs in government don't have the spine to repeal 0bamacare and open up the free market in health insurance, which was what they were touting all along. That is why they aren't going with their original plan. That is why the actual conservatives in Congress hated the bill. They, along with the never-Trumpers like McCain, prevented the bill from having enough votes.

The bill however, was still better than Obamacare.

The 60+ partial and total Republican repeals of ObamaCare for the past seven years were theater for the rubes.

During that time, they never once submitted a comprehensive reform package to replace ObamaCare.

Now the Republican hoax has been totally exposed.

As has Trump's hoax. He never had the "beautiful" plan he promised he had. He had nothing. His entire plan was to steal credit from the Republican plan.

The Emperor Has No Clothes

Last edited:

I've been paying close attention to this issue, because I'm trained in it and I deal with it pretty regularly for clients. For five years, I was the lone financial guy in the room, brought in by a Fortune 100 insurer to provide guidance as they pieced together health care plans for my state, benefit by benefit.

So, any detail will get my attention, and the GOP has simply not provided it. We've all heard the same short list of "ideas" - selling across state lines, HSAs, tort reform. All the GOP had to do - and I've said this a million times - was put together a real plan, lay it out, give it a name, and promote it. And all along, as we both know, they said their "ideas" were "better".

Rattling off three or four ideas isn't enough.

They were clearly just faking it, while telling us they had a better plan. Now, with all this power, they're looking foolish.

Ok, I understand. YOU wanted details, they didn't provide it. Your pissed, I get it. They didn't need to provide those details to do what they were trying to do and that was repeal Obamacare. that doesn't make them liars.

We're not supposed to take Trump literally, but seriously. How are we supposed to take the GOP now? Are we supposed to believe ANYTHING at this point?

Erm... just because shitty Ryan plan didn't pass, doesn't mean none is going to. Unlike with O-Care, there is no reason to shoe-horn a shitty plan in.

The 60+ partial and total Republican repeals of ObamaCare for the past seven years were theater for the rubes.

During that time, they never once submitted a comprehensive reform package to replace ObamaCare.

Now their hoax has been totally exposed.

As has Trump's hoax. He never had the "beautiful" plan he promised he had. He had nothing. His entire plan was to steal the Republican plan.

They didn't need to have a comprehensive reform package ready to go in order to push a bill to repeal Obamacare. They weren't saying that they were going to replace it with their version, they wanted, so they said, free market solutions. you are partially right in that they knew they had zero change of repealing Obamacare and that the push was playing for votes.

And this was NOT a hoax by Trump. He made a deal to get the GOP on board, and this is the plan the GOP put together. The lie was that they came up with Obamacare light and that isn't what they had been promising.

The Republicans told the rubes for seven years they had a plan.

The dumb fucks never even asked to see the plan. That's how incredibly stupid these rubes are. They just sat there and bleeved the GOP had a plan. This willful stupidity is just mind boggling.

Jesus H. Christ.

Trump said he had a plan, too. And again, the dumb fucks didn't ask to see it.

They have been utterly hoaxed, and they just sit there and take it.

So, how did the Pelosi/Obama plan work out?
So far it is working out great

After planning for eight years, Republicans failed miserably at trying to do better

Pelosi got her bill through the House........Ryan couldn't even get a vote

All I am saying is you implied there was never a plan, so what is the left crowing about not happening on Friday?.

Let's define a plan as something practical and organized. Not a wild-ass group of conflicting proposals, thrown together like last weeks leftovers.
I see, when shown to be wrong change the goalpost. Even if what you say is true, it was a plan, good or bad.

Forum List

Back