The gospel of democracy

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Tom Hanks spoke at the D Day event with President Joe Biden and commented on the election coming up and about the fate of the nation.

Naturally, he hates Trump, but said that despite Trump maybe winning in November the nation will be fine.

He had this to say about democracy.

“Over the long term, however, we inevitably made progress towards, I think, that more perfect union. And how does it come about? It comes about not because of somebody’s narrative of who was right, or who was a victim or not. It comes out of the slow melding of the truth to the actual practical life that we end up living,” Hanks said.

“It comes down to the good deed that is practiced with your neighbor,” the performer continued.

“I will always have faith that the United States of America, and the Western societies that have adopted more or less the same sort of democracy, cannot help but turn towards what is right,” he said.

Is this a type of religious political ideology that others here share?

I remember when "W" had invaded Iraq and said all the US had to do was introduce democracy and everything would somehow work out in the end, but without it, things would not work out.

So, as we see, we get this kind of thinking from both parties.

Who here agrees?

Tom Hanks spoke at the D Day event with President Joe Biden and commented on the election coming up and about the fate of the nation.

Naturally, he hates Trump, but said that despite Trump maybe winning in November the nation will be fine.

“Over the long term, however, we inevitably made progress towards, I think, that more perfect union. And how does it come about? It comes about not because of somebody’s narrative of who was right, or who was a victim or not. It comes out of the slow melding of the truth to the actual practical life that we end up living,” Hanks said.

“It comes down to the good deed that is practiced with your neighbor,” the performer continued.

“I will always have faith that the United States of America, and the Western societies that have adopted more or less the same sort of democracy, cannot help but turn towards what is right,” he said.

I think idiot actors spouting their political beliefs proves to me how stupid they are.

Can an oligarch recognize that what they call a democracy is an oligarchy?

Excellent point by Tom Hanks.

This is why you guys are pissed 24/7. Even your “victories” are mired in defeats.

Just one of many examples...

The blob now openly endorses voting by mail. Something you guys swore was un-american. Why? Because it’s a better idea than standing around for hours to touch a screen. Nobody forced you guys to be complete lunatics on the topic but you thew elbows at one another to make sure you were the first to go there.

The majority of the electorate knows more about sports and pop culture then they do about basic politics. Unfortunately, these sheeple entertain celebrity feedback as gospel .... and the celebrities are mostly clueless.

Great job democrats in dumbing down the electorate!

Excellent point by Tom Hanks.

This is why you guys are pissed 24/7. Even your “victories” are mired in defeats.

Just one of many examples...

The blob now openly endorses voting by mail. Something you guys swore was un-american. Why? Because it’s a better idea than standing around for hours to touch a screen. Nobody forced you guys to be complete lunatics on the topic but you thew elbows at one another to make sure you were the first to go there.
You do realize that the US is not a true democracy, right?

You do realize that places like Iran also have elections, right?

Would placing a pure democracy in place solve all the world's problems, seeing as how you are so in love with it?

According to you and Tom Hanks, democracy only works if it is controlled by one party

If so, what democracy?

You do realize that the US is not a true democracy, right?
Yes.
You do realize that places like Iran also have elections, right?
Yes.
Would placing a pure democracy in place solve all the world's problems, seeing as how you are so in love with it?
No. Iran is a theocracy in practice if not by name.
According to you and Tom Hanks, democracy only works if it is controlled by one party

If so, what democracy?
Not even remotely the point Mr. Hanks was making.

He was stating that the movement toward a plural society cannot be stopped (but it can be slowed) when certain unalienable rights are ensured. You guys hate that. You guys don’t want people voting, people exercising their rights, etc... This is why you’re pissed 24/7.

The majority of the electorate knows more about sports and pop culture then they do about basic politics. Unfortunately, these sheeple entertain celebrity feedback as gospel .... and the celebrities are mostly clueless.

Great job democrats in dumbing down the electorate!
Yet your blob was the only one who said that he loves idiots...such as yourself.

I remember when "W" had invaded Iraq and said all the US had to do was introduce democracy and everything would somehow work out in the end, but without it, things would not work out.

So, as we see, we get this kind of thinking from both parties.

Who here agrees?
Remember when you voted for “W” twice? Sort of makes us wonder why now you’re criticizing him since that was the center piece of his presidency.

Yes.

Yes.

No. Iran is a theocracy in practice if not by name.

Not even remotely the point Mr. Hanks was making.

He was stating that the movement toward a plural society cannot be stopped (but it can be slowed) when certain unalienable rights are ensured. You guys hate that. You guys don’t want people voting, people exercising their rights, etc... This is why you’re pissed 24/7.
"No. Iran is a theocracy in practice if not by name."

Wrong.

Which elections took place?​

The elections in March were for two bodies:

• The Assembly of Experts (Majlis-e Khobregan) is the only body with the power to appoint, supervise and dismiss the Supreme Leader (Iran’s head of state). It comprises 88 members and is elected every eight years.
  • The parliament (Majles-e Shoraye Eslami) is a single-chamber legislature. It has 290 members and is elected every for four years.
While these bodies are democratically elected, Iran’s constitution requires that religious clerics and appointed bodies vet candidates before an election. Reflecting the ruling Iranian government’s interpretation of the principle of “Guardianship of the Islamic Jurist”, the Supreme Leader and members of the Assembly of Experts must be clerics and scholars of Shia Islam.

Candidates for election to both the parliament and the Assembly of Experts must be approved by the 12-strong Guardian Council. The Guardian Council consists of six experts in Islamic law, appointed by the Supreme Leader, and six experts in civil law, approved by the parliament. The council must also approve the parliament’s legislation before it can become law.

Individuals over 18 are eligible to vote.

Remember when you voted for “W” twice? Sort of makes us wonder why now you’re criticizing him since that was the center piece of his presidency.
Correct, I thought I was voting for something other than what I got.

When will you ever learn that lesson?

How can democracy work when they are free to lie their asses off to get elected, and with zero consequences?

That is why every year, more and more people who are polled say the country is headed in the wrong direction.

"No. Iran is a theocracy in practice if not by name."

Wrong.

Which elections took place?​

The elections in March were for two bodies:

• The Assembly of Experts (Majlis-e Khobregan) is the only body with the power to appoint, supervise and dismiss the Supreme Leader (Iran’s head of state). It comprises 88 members and is elected every eight years.
  • The parliament (Majles-e Shoraye Eslami) is a single-chamber legislature. It has 290 members and is elected every for four years.
While these bodies are democratically elected, Iran’s constitution requires that religious clerics and appointed bodies vet candidates before an election. Reflecting the ruling Iranian government’s interpretation of the principle of “Guardianship of the Islamic Jurist”, the Supreme Leader and members of the Assembly of Experts must be clerics and scholars of Shia Islam.

Candidates for election to both the parliament and the Assembly of Experts must be approved by the 12-strong Guardian Council. The Guardian Council consists of six experts in Islamic law, appointed by the Supreme Leader, and six experts in civil law, approved by the parliament. The council must also approve the parliament’s legislation before it can become law.

Individuals over 18 are eligible to vote.
You don’t think that Islam has any place in the Iranian government?

Wow.

Democracy(mob rule) does not work in "'practice' but sure sounds good! Any functional society must have rules of conduct, e.g. Constitution/BoR, based upon morality. Where the problem lays is what TYPE of morality is decided to be adopted by any given society. For an example the morality that Big Daddy Idi Amin decided upon may not have been the best choice for his subjects in the long run. As I learned in my philosophy classes ALL laws are based on morality but not all interpretations of morality arrive @ the same safe/sane destination.

The Crazy Democrat Cult version of "democracy" means a one party totalitarian police state where they can arrest their opposition.
demsarenaziassholesgsgshgs.png

Democracy(mob rule) does not work in "'practice' but sure sounds good! Any functional society must have rules of conduct, e.g. Constitution/BoR, based upon morality. Where the problem lays is what TYPE of morality is decided to be adopted by any given society. For an example the morality that Big Daddy Idi Amin decided upon may not have been the best choice for his subjects in the long run. As I learned in my philosophy classes ALL laws are based on morality but not all interpretations of morality arrive @ the same safe/sane destination.
The Left wants mob rule, because they have developed ways to control the mob by taking over the media and academia and entertainment, etc.

That is why the Left does everything in their power to remove aspects of a Representative Republic that they can but doing such things as forcing Senators to be elected directly by the people instead of appointed by the states as originally set up by the Constitution, or as they are trying to remove all aspects of the Electoral college, etc.

I know much more than you do.

Yeah, and? They are a theocracy since the religion is much more powerful than the government.

I didn’t mean to destroy you so much; perhaps play harder next time chump.
According to you, religion negates democracy?

So, only in a country of atheists can democracy work?

Do you ever hear yourself talk?

The fact that you are unable to think critically means you are doomed to remain a cult member democrat for the rest of your life

Forum List

Back