The great thing about being over 40........

I have had any number of cases where my (young) client's Facebook postings are introduced into evidence against thelm. Photos of my clients holding weapons, flashing gang signs, painting graffiti on walls, etc. One time my client has photos on Facebook of himself standing amidst numerous items of stolen property.

Cement heads.

I have had any number of cases where my (young) client's Facebook postings are introduced into evidence against thelm. Photos of my clients holding weapons, flashing gang signs, painting graffiti on walls, etc. One time my client has photos on Facebook of himself standing amidst numerous items of stolen property.

Cement heads.

Yes another reason why I refuse to bother with such profiles. They open your stupid decisions for the world to see while conferring almost no benefit whatsoever.

Being a military member, I have seen many an airman get into real legal trouble for their Facebook/Myspace accounts.

This particular case is rather interesting though. I don’t think I know what I would do if my son’s idiocy cost me 80,000 – that is a TON of cash.

Ooh, that is bad. Although I don't think its entirely the girls fault - she wasn't to know the consequences.

Cement heads.
Kids need to understand that Facebook is not their friend, it is a surveillance engine.

Cement heads.
Kids need to understand that Facebook is not their friend, it is a surveillance engine.

The scary part is that they are aware of this and don’t care anymore. Being monitored every second of your life is being accepted. Many times even asked for!

.....is that we did most of our stupid stuff before the internet.

Girl costs father $80,000 with 'SUCK IT' Facebook post - CNN.com

In a lot of cases "most" doesn't cover enough ground. It seems every day you hear a story about some goober over 40 posting stupid shit or being party to nasty videos that end up on the net. Digital permanence can dog you for life. That being said, the young are more immersed in the social cyber culture than we are and parents better teach them the possible consequences. Your post is a teaching moment.

Cement heads.

The scary part is that they are aware of this and don’t care anymore. Being monitored every second of your life is being accepted. Many times even asked for!
The age limit for Facebook is 13. It really should be 18. Teens just don't realize how text and pictures they post today can comeback and bite them in ass in later years.

Forum List

Back