The "health care is a right" myth

Like everything else...including 911...we stumbled into it...and now we don't know how to get out of it.

Interesting read/audio tape:

Accidents Of History Created U.S. Health System : NPR

After I grew up and found out what utter bullshit my liberal brainwashing was all about I never even considered I had a right to anything I didn't earn.

My parents even had the means to give me shit like a college education and everything that comes with it into my late 20's.

I rejected their authority, because when I was a dumbass libtard, we rejected authority as a matter of "principle".

I ran off dropped out of high school, lived in some dope dens and got a job. Once I started questioning the logic of liberalism I wasn't as welcome and got my own apt.

Not long after that I rejected liberalism outright, but never rejected the principle of rejecting authority.

It's sickening to me how bed wetters not only embrace authority, but are vehemently opposed to even allowing people to argue against it.

Like everything else...including 911...we stumbled into it...and now we don't know how to get out of it.

After I grew up and found out what utter bullshit my liberal brainwashing was all about I never even considered I had a right to anything I didn't earn.

My parents even had the means to give me shit like a college education and everything that comes with it into my late 20's.

I rejected their authority, because when I was a dumbass libtard, we rejected authority as a matter of "principle".

I ran off dropped out of high school, lived in some dope dens and got a job. Once I started questioning the logic of liberalism I wasn't as welcome and got my own apt.

Not long after that I rejected liberalism outright, but never rejected the principle of rejecting authority.

It's sickening to me how bed wetters not only embrace authority, but are vehemently opposed to even allowing people to argue against it.

So, you were a dumb fuck then, and remain such now.

It's never been a 'right'. It's ALWAYS been a responsibility of the individual.

I have yet to read in the US Constitution where it clearly states that Healthcare is an enumerated right.
Indeed, like any commodity to be bought and sold, the incentive to sell or purchase is the individual's.

Take the asshole position. It's gotta be hard work to be that much wrong all the time.

I have yet to read in the US Constitution where it clearly states that Healthcare is an enumerated right.

It's called evolving from the 1800's. Something that fugitives from the dark ages don't understand.

Whenever the left wants to wedge a fascist agenda they always create some false bitching about rights.
They believe that have the right to force things on others -- IF -- it jibes with their agenda.

The argument from the Butthurt Right was lost in 2008, yet like they do with every argument they've lost, they regurgitate it after so many years thinking that this time when they throw it at the wall it will stick.

The ACA has passed. It can't be gotten rid of by flinging vagina sand at it. Deal.

The RIGHT to healthcare is based on the RIGHT of the People to elect representatives who have the RIGHT to make LAW that provides healthcare to people who cannot otherwise afford it.

When people like you assemble enough likeminded Americans to elect representatives who will abolish Medicaid, or Medicare, or all the other programs that provide healthcare THEN you can boast that you have proven that healthcare is not a RIGHT.

The RIGHT to healthcare is based on the RIGHT of the People to elect representatives who have the RIGHT to make LAW that provides healthcare to people who cannot otherwise afford it.

When people like you assemble enough likeminded Americans to elect representatives who will abolish Medicaid, or Medicare, or all the other programs that provide healthcare THEN you can boast that you have proven that healthcare is not a RIGHT.

Those elected lawmakers are LIMITED by the constitution which must SPECIFICALLY allow for the federal government to enact in areas.. health care, your personal responsibilities, education, etc is not a power granted to the fed... that is reserved for the states or the individual citizens

Those elected lawmakers are LIMITED by the constitution which must SPECIFICALLY allow for the federal government to enact in areas.. health care, your personal responsibilities, education, etc is not a power granted to the fed... that is reserved for the states or the individual citizens
That's correct. Carbonated can't help himself.

The entire issue of RIGHTS in the USA is a confused mess.

Half of us imagine rights are inalienable and come from GOD.

The other half of us imagine that rights come from society deciding that we have rights to be defined in the law.

Forum List

Back