The Homosexual Dilemma

The Homosexual Dilemma exists only in the minds of those who dislike marriage equality, much like folks who disliked interracial marriage.

Tough for them back then and tough for you today because we are never going back.

Get over it and don't marry someone you don't love is the best advice you can get.

Once again jaketherightwinger, does it need explained to you that being black and being gay are not the same thing by a long shot? How long are the blacks going to take the insults from left wing operatives. I really have to wonder what is wrong with blacks that ignore such insults.
Civil rights are civil rights regardless whether it is based on race or gender or religion or national origin or handicap condition. And yes, some blacks get upset. If you were around in the 70s, some of them were upset about the comparison of the black civil rights movement and the women's rights movement. Everyone wants to feel that their struggle is unique.

If this is true then why don't I ever hear the comparison of Gay rights to women's rights?

No one brought gays here as slaves. No one denied gays the right to vote. No one fought a war to free gays. If we go under the presumption that being gay is a choice then fine, but parading down the street or announcing a person's gayness certainly is a choice. I person can keep their gayness to themselves, if they so wish, it is their choice, it is their freedom. A black man can't keep his color to themselves.

I am all for equal rights in hiring, education or any other program provided by the government, regardless of sexual persuasion. But don't try and tell me that marriage, as always defined by law, is anything other then between a man and a woman.

You want people to keep their sexual orientation to themselves? Good one. lol

Why do gays NEED to adopt children, again? this itself seems like a phony argument that becomes a self fulfilling rationalization, along the lines of: Gays need rights because they have children so we need to protect that, because they LOVE their children and their spouses....That is the most irrational cyclical argument floating out in internet land. Gays can't HAVE children, there for, they don't need parental rights, which is all marriage comes down to. Period, it is that simple.

Gays DO have children...I've had five. Why are our families less deserving of the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage?

Also, can you please name for us the state or locality that requires procreation in order to apply for a civil marriage license? Can you cite one instance of a civil marriage license being revoked due to the couple's inability or refusal to procreate?
Yet another strawman. Nobody's claiming that procreation is a requirement for marriage. What we are saying is that when you deliberately construct a union that can't produce children, you shouldn't have the right to abuse children by sucking them into your deviant apparatus utilizing artificial means.

Why do gays NEED to adopt children, again? this itself seems like a phony argument that becomes a self fulfilling rationalization, along the lines of: Gays need rights because they have children so we need to protect that, because they LOVE their children and their spouses....That is the most irrational cyclical argument floating out in internet land. Gays can't HAVE children, there for, they don't need parental rights, which is all marriage comes down to. Period, it is that simple.
Well, I adopted our daughter in order to protect my parental rights. Why does ANYONE "need" to adopt children? Answer than one.

My guess is that you adopted your daughter because you fucked up. Is that right?

Mark
Totally incorrect. She was lovingly planned by my wife and I. She had her...I adopted her. One of the best things in our lives.

Where's her father? Whether you got sperm at a sperm bank or have a father that you keep out of the picture, one way or another you perverted the natural order to have your arrangement and delusion. It was entirely a self centered act.

Really? So the millions of heterosexuals that use IVF and AI are "selfish" and "delusional" as well? Our children have two parents, which studies have shown provides the best outcomes for children, two parents.

Why did you have children? I'm going to bet you dollars to donuts that you did it for all the same reasons that gays have children. Do you want to take our children away from us?
I married a woman, therefore setting into play a union that can bring children into the world. You deliberately set up a union that can't under any condition produce children naturally. The law should prohibited people like you from having children, deliberately depriving them of a father or a mother.

The Homosexual Dilemma exists only in the minds of those who dislike marriage equality, much like folks who disliked interracial marriage.

Tough for them back then and tough for you today because we are never going back.

Get over it and don't marry someone you don't love is the best advice you can get.

Once again jaketherightwinger, does it need explained to you that being black and being gay are not the same thing by a long shot? How long are the blacks going to take the insults from left wing operatives. I really have to wonder what is wrong with blacks that ignore such insults.
Civil rights are civil rights regardless whether it is based on race or gender or religion or national origin or handicap condition. And yes, some blacks get upset. If you were around in the 70s, some of them were upset about the comparison of the black civil rights movement and the women's rights movement. Everyone wants to feel that their struggle is unique.

If this is true then why don't I ever hear the comparison of Gay rights to women's rights?

No one brought gays here as slaves. No one denied gays the right to vote. No one fought a war to free gays. If we go under the presumption that being gay is a choice then fine, but parading down the street or announcing a person's gayness certainly is a choice. I person can keep their gayness to themselves, if they so wish, it is their choice, it is their freedom. A black man can't keep his color to themselves.

I am all for equal rights in hiring, education or any other program provided by the government, regardless of sexual persuasion. But don't try and tell me that marriage, as always defined by law, is anything other then between a man and a woman.

You want people to keep their sexual orientation to themselves? Good one. lol

More like, not make it a defining issue. Micheal Sams was made a big issue because he "came out." Following what I believe to be your implication why would Sams need to "come out?"

Here are players that did come out and did play, according to wikpedia

Wade DavisNFLCornerback[30]Ed GallagherNCAA Division IOffensive tackle[31]Alan GendreauNCAA Division IPlacekicker[32]Kwame HarrisNFLOffensive tackle[33]David KopayNFLRunning back[34]Ray McDonaldNFLRunning back[35]Conner MertensNCAA Division IIIPlacekicker[21]Michael SamNFL
Dagger-14-plain.png
Defensive end[36]Chip SarafinNCAA Division IOffensive lineman[29]Roy SimmonsNFLGuard[37]Brian SimsNCAA Division IIDefensive tackle[38]Jerry Smith*NFLTight end[39]Esera TuaoloNFLDefensive tackle[40]

Homosexuality in American football - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I'm a fast reader. Plus I've been a devoted reader of James Dobson for over 20 years and know what he teaches. Why don't you quote exactly where he says what you claimed he said? I can't prove a negative, you idiot.
I put a quote in there....did you not see it?

So you like the ideas of showering with Jr. and show him the family jewels?

You said:

That reminds me of that Focus on the Family article where the Founder, James Dodson suggested that fathers shower with their young sons, show them their penis' and that would keep them straight. He also suggested that parents teach boys to pound round pegs in round holes to keep them straight too. :lol:

Not quite the same, it's not an act of exhibitionism.

And by the way, my own family is "clothing optional" and as such, human body parts are not a scandal, not obscene, and not something to be hidden like a dark secret. The power of sexual perversion is the pretense of obscenity that shouldn't exist. If that's the worst you have on James Dobson, you are getting VERY desperate.
Not desperate at all.....the picture of the peg board reminded me of that GREAT article of his. Focus on the Family Jewels. :lol:

If you think nudity in the family is obscene or scandalous, you prove your own sexual perversion. James Dobson was talking to an audience not besotted by the perversion holding sway over you.

If you think showing your son your penis in the shower is going to keep him from being gay...well, do I really need to finish that statement?
I think that affirming my sons' maleness is important no matter what they turn out to be and I don't agree with James Dobson on everything. Evangelical Christians can be wrong too, Exodus International being a good example.

Mr. Mendacious admits defeat and runs away.

Marriage Equality will happen before fall nationwide.

The USA has had marriage equality for years. A union of two men or two women is not a marriage any more than a union of 6 men and 8 women is a marriage, or a union of a man and his horse is a marriage.

A marriage is one man and one woman----------always has been, always will be.

Except it isn't legally...and never has been religiously. I attended a lesbian wedding at a Southern Baptist Church in 1986...long before any legal recognition.

20 years from now, Catholic Churches will be marrying gays, you watch.
Actually the Catholic Church has demonstrated it can remain true to its teachings impervious to the tide of popular trends. This isn't the first battle we've had with a depraved culture engrossed in homosexuality.

Gays DO have children...I've had five. Why are our families less deserving of the rights, benefits and privileges of civil marriage?

Also, can you please name for us the state or locality that requires procreation in order to apply for a civil marriage license? Can you cite one instance of a civil marriage license being revoked due to the couple's inability or refusal to procreate?
Yet another strawman. Nobody's claiming that procreation is a requirement for marriage. What we are saying is that when you deliberately construct a union that can't produce children, you shouldn't have the right to abuse children by sucking them into your deviant apparatus utilizing artificial means.

Stop the lies.

Folks argue all the time on the Board that reproduction is a requirement. Pop23 lives and dies by that stupdiity.

People who can't have children get married and adopt, hetero and homo.

Parents, homo and hetero, abuse children.

The issue is bad parenting, not sexual orientation.

Your conclusions do not hold up.

Oh good lord, not this shit again.

This point has been explained over and over. I can only conclude that homosexuality is a mental illness that prevents people from following logical arguments, much less responding to them.

The homosexualism is not a dilemma, it's a sin, it's immoral and wrong behaviour. Period. America will fall because of gays.

That's his standard response to anything he finds too uncomfortable to answer...that and "begging the question".

Strawman.

They are actually specific answers, if you don't know what they mean, google them.

They are the two primary tools in your belt, which is why you get them so often. You say I said things I didn't say (strawman) like here where you ask me "what is a "strawman" about actually doing something about your beliefs?" I never said that nor anything like it. So I informed you specifically it was a strawman.

You also like to ignore my answer and repeat your question assuming the truth of your own position, which is begging the question. Since I've already addressed it, I inform you of that by telling you that you begged the question, so if you want to go back and actually address my argument I'll give you more.

In both cases, you ignored what I actually said. Then you whine I don't address your non-response. You want an actual response from me? Give me an actual response to my point.

I'm aware of what they mean and I know why you use them. I agree, you've addressed everything. Now get out there and push your agenda. Picket those county clerks...we did. :lol:

So my choices are to demonstrate or shut up. I reject that as the crap that it is. I think my strategy is far more effective, changing minds. Not your mind, you are an ideologue, your intelligence is not in play. But I get comments all the time from people that they always assumed that this or that had to be a government function because it is, and I had a valid point that maybe it didn't need to be. That to me is a huge win every time it happens.
If one feels strongly about something, they do something about it. You just like to kvetch?

Begging the question
I'll take that as a yes. Kvetch away.

:lmao:

Well, I adopted our daughter in order to protect my parental rights. Why does ANYONE "need" to adopt children? Answer than one.

My guess is that you adopted your daughter because you fucked up. Is that right?

Mark
Totally incorrect. She was lovingly planned by my wife and I. She had her...I adopted her. One of the best things in our lives.

Where's her father? Whether you got sperm at a sperm bank or have a father that you keep out of the picture, one way or another you perverted the natural order to have your arrangement and delusion. It was entirely a self centered act.

Really? So the millions of heterosexuals that use IVF and AI are "selfish" and "delusional" as well? Our children have two parents, which studies have shown provides the best outcomes for children, two parents.

Why did you have children? I'm going to bet you dollars to donuts that you did it for all the same reasons that gays have children. Do you want to take our children away from us?
I married a woman, therefore setting into play a union that can bring children into the world. You deliberately set up a union that can't under any condition produce children naturally. The law should prohibited people like you from having children, deliberately depriving them of a father or a mother.
You're one of those "small government" conservatives, aren't you?

The USA has had marriage equality for years. A union of two men or two women is not a marriage any more than a union of 6 men and 8 women is a marriage, or a union of a man and his horse is a marriage.

Except it isn't legally...and never has been religiously. I attended a lesbian wedding at a Southern Baptist Church in 1986...long before any legal recognition.

Actually the Catholic Church has demonstrated it can remain true to its teachings impervious to the tide of popular trends. This isn't the first battle we've had with a depraved culture engrossed in homosexuality.
The Catholic Church has sure demonstrated something.....with its protection of pedophile priests.

The Catholic Church has sure demonstrated something.....with its protection of pedophile priests.
Deflection.
Do you have anything else to add? I mean, we can discuss the contributions made by homosexuals like the pedophile Harvey Milk all day long.

Oh good lord, not this shit again.

This point has been explained over and over. I can only conclude that homosexuality is a mental illness that prevents people from following logical arguments, much less responding to them.

I agree that Pop23 and others who continually argue this point are mentally disturbed.

The mentally ill believe that same sex attraction is a problem although the APA and AMA say it is not.

The social cons are entitled to believe as they do but not entitled to take away others' rights re marriage equality.

You are one heartless form of human flesh. Too many women are unable to bear children; therefore, thanks to today's technology, they are able to use other means to process their eggs. Shame on you for manifesting your egomaniacal, abysmally smug, self-righteous, judgmental thinking into hate speech.

You are one heartless form of human flesh. Too many women are unable to bear children; therefore, thanks to today's technology, they are able to use other means to process their eggs. Shame on you for manifesting your egomaniacal, abysmally smug, self-righteous, judgmental thinking into hate speech.
You didnt actually understand his comment, did you? Be honest.

Forum List

Back