The Homosexual Dilemma

So with a mere choice you could find a man's hairy ass as sexually attractive as a woman's shapely backside?

Then Sy's right. You're probably bi already. For most of us, its not a choice. Its just an attribute.

If its not a choice, then how come some are choosing it...or not:

Some Gays Can Go Straight Study Says - ABC News

Of course, gay groups are fighting this study, because if homosexuality was a choice, there can be no discrimination.

Since I personally know gays that have went straight, I have to ask why the appeal of a "big hairy ass" left them and was replaced by a vagina.

Mark

You really should have researched further...

Psychiatry Giant Sorry for Backing Gay 'Cure'

And? My point was that some people have converted. Are you going to deny that? As for your link, if homosexuality is "ingrained", then I contend that every sexual deviancy is and that treatment should stop on all of them.

Homosexuality is not "special".

Mark

People can choose who to have sex with.

There is no evidence that people chose who to be attracted to.

Homosexuality is not 'special'- it is humans attracted to the same gender instead of the opposite gender.

No need to treat homosexuals special at all- just treat them without discrimination.

Finish answering the rest of my post:

My point was that some people have converted. Are you going to deny that? As for your link, if homosexuality is "ingrained", then I contend that every sexual deviancy is and that treatment should stop on all of them.

Mark

I think i have answered you just fine.

Homosexuality is not 'special'- it is humans attracted to the same gender instead of the opposite gender.

No need to treat homosexuals special at all- just treat them without discrimination.

Then you are probably bisexual.

As a heterosexual I can say with great certainty- I do not find men sexually attractive- and cannot chose to find them sexually attractive.

I like Jennifer Anniston and Holly Hunter and Jessica Alba- not Brad Pitt or George Clooney.

If you think you could chose to be turned on by a photo of Clooney in a bathing suit- then you are probably bisexual.

I could choose to be a criminal. Does that make me one?

I don't find men sexually attractive either because I choose not to.

You can't choose your attraction, only whether to act on them or not. If you are not attracted to men, you can't make yourself attracted to men, trust me on this. (It's why reparative "therapy" has such a high failure rate)

It would be interesting to know what other psychiatric problems have a "high failure rate" and if we simply gave up because of it.

Did you ever stop to think that this "high failure rate" is because we haven't been been trying reparative therapy that long?

I mean fuck, we have been trying to cure cancer, diabetes, and heart disease forever.

Maybe you think we should stop trying?

Mark
Reparative therapy has a high failure rate, Mark. Your suggestion from that fact is useless, meaningless.

Why? I have proven that gays can change. Are you really going to deny those that want to try to change the right to these treatments?

Mark

You have just proven that some persons have changed who they have sex with.

There is no evidence that reparative therapy changes sexual attraction.

And there is no question that homosexuality is replicated in every generation. It is part of Nature and has never threatened the continuation of mankind.

Now that depends. Every other generation didn't celebrate it.

Mark

Most don't "celebrate it". Wanting to not be forced to hide it is not "celebrating" it. They want to be treated the same way you are - like people.

By allowing gays to marry, it is normalizing a deviant behavior. It is condoning it. That would be a better term.

Mark

Child abuse isn't a human right, even if the child 'likes it'.

Your backward, narrow, religiously dogmatic views of morality will have to give way to love. Who are you to decide their love is wrong? Aren't you the guys telling us that there are different kinds of love and they're all equal? What happened that you became such a repressed pedophobe?
Yawn. Pedobear will have to do without. Not going to cry about it.

Nope. You're just going to be pushed aside by people who are even more "progressive" than you.
I am not a "progressive", a "liberal", or a "conservative". I would prefer it if 'marriage' of any variety was not condoned through special tax status for couples; or that the government dictates LGBT couples can't adopt. But I don't set the rules or the laws.

If marriage didn't provide incentives for couples, then it would be used ceremonially - instead it sets apart the single person from the couple with a special status (through tax and other things).

The attempts at stopping same-sex marriage are ultimately doomed to fail, as the special status attributed to marriage makes denying same-sex marriage a matter of discrimination rather than purely a issue with religious ceremonial marriages.

The tax incentive thing is a joke.

The simple fact is that marriage produces significant benefits to the culture and the culture should encourage it.

That is exactly why I encourage same gender couples to marry.

And there is no question that homosexuality is replicated in every generation. It is part of Nature and has never threatened the continuation of mankind.

Mark

Most don't "celebrate it". Wanting to not be forced to hide it is not "celebrating" it. They want to be treated the same way you are - like people.

By allowing gays to marry, it is normalizing a deviant behavior. It is condoning it. That would be a better term.

Mark

No more than allowing heterosexuals who enjoy oral sex to marry is.

Do you know that up until just about 20 years ago- mixed race relationships were considered deviant behavior by most Americans?

I have as much respect for your condemnation of gay sex as deviant as I do those who think mixed race sex is deviant.

And? In every species, natures way is reproduction. If a body does not reproduce, it kills off its lineage. That is why, in nature, homosexuality has to be considered abnormal.

Mark

Nature is a complex and wondrous thing. Did you know that some species are a-sexual? Did you know some could change their gender? How about when animals intentionally sterilize themselves due to over population?

Since Homosexuality exists in over a thousand animals species and has existed in the human animal since the beginning of recorded history, it's pretty safe to assume that we're supposed to be here. Rest easy, scientists have some theories.

The evolutionary puzzle of homosexuality

The genes that code for homosexuality do other things too

The allele - or group of genes - that sometimes codes for homosexual orientation may at other times have a strong reproductive benefit. This would compensate for gay people's lack of reproduction and ensure the continuation of the trait, as non-gay carriers of the gene pass it down.

Gay people were 'helpers in the nest'
Paul Vasey's research in Samoa has focused on a theory called kin selection or the "helper in the nest" hypothesis. The idea is that gay people compensate for their lack of children by promoting the reproductive fitness of brothers or sisters, contributing money or performing other uncle-like activities such as babysitting or tutoring. Some of the gay person's genetic code is shared with nieces and nephews and so, the theory goes, the genes which code for sexual orientation still get passed down.[...]

Gay people do have children
In the US, around 37% of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual people have a child, about 60% of which are biological. According to the Williams Institute, gay couples that have children have an average of two.

These figures may not be high enough to sustain genetic traits specific to this group, but the evolutionary biologist Jeremy Yoder points out in a blog post that for much of modern history gay people haven't been living openly gay lives. Compelled by society to enter marriages and have children, their reproduction rates may have been higher than they are now.

It's not all in the DNA
Qazi Rahman says that alleles coding for same sex attraction only explain some of the variety in human sexuality. Other, naturally varying biological factors come into play, with about one in seven gay men, he says, owing their sexuality to the "big brother effect".

This has nothing to do with George Orwell, but describes the observation that boys with older brothers are significantly more likely to become gay - with every older brother the chance of homosexuality increases by about a third. No-one knows why this is, but one theory is that with each male pregnancy, a woman's body forms an immune reaction to proteins that have a role in the development of the male brain. Since this only comes into play after several siblings have been born - most of whom are heterosexual and go on to have children - this pre-natal quirk hasn't been selected away by evolution.

And, after all of this, my statement still stands:

In every species, natures way is reproduction. If a body does not reproduce, it kills off its lineage. That is why, in nature, homosexuality has to be considered abnormal.

Humans are born with many types of problems. While these conditions are natural, they most assuredly are abnormal.

Mark

Lots of things are 'abnormal'- oral sex is abnormal by your definition- yet the majority of Americans experience it at some time in their life- some of us more than others.

Abnormal doesn't mean bad.

Except in the case of homophobes- homosexuals=abnormal-= bad.

Who said oral sex was abnormal? I said it is a mechanism used by nature to simulate humans to have sex to procreate.

Mark

Oral sex is 'abnormal' in that until recently it was not normal.

IF oral sex that does not lead to procreation is bad then every man who enjoys a blowjob should be as much a deviant in your mind as every homosexual act of sex.

But heck- we are just haggling over the words- we all know you just are rationalizing as to why you don't like homosexuals.

Sigh. The mechanism of oral sex is part of nature to promote sexual activity to reproduce. That humans don't use it for that purpose during every sexual encounter doesn't change that fact.

And who said I don't like homosexuals?

Mark

]It all boils down to what consenting adults do behind closed doors is their business - so why does the Gay machine insist on getting into everybody else faces ?

Because the far right social cons want to dictate what grown adults do sexually.

That's over and done with. You've lost.

Who said that? I don't care if gay men want to fuck each other, or a goat for that matter. I DO CARE that by normalizing homosexual marriage by force of law will harm society and the family unit.

Mark

I have been married for over 20 years to my wife. I have a wonderful child.

My family unit is not harmed in the least by allowing two persons of the same gender to marry.
Nor will it harm society at all.

As someone else so succintly put it- if your marriage will be harmed by gay marriage- then the problem is with your marriage.

I am sure that people said the same thing about divorce. Suddenly, people found a "problem" with their marriage when divorce became easy to get, and the state would subsidize the womans expenses.

The result? Divorce skyrocketed. Personally, I'm not worried about my marriage, but everyone elses.

Mark

Mark

And yet here it is. Now the question you have to ask yourself is.....so what?

There are certain things that are wrong because they cause genuine harm (rape, murder, theft) and certain things that are wrong because someone believes the are (pork, gays, cheeseburgers, working on sunday). We're rational enough in this day and age to glean that homosexuality is clearly in that latter camp.

Which begs the question, why should we give a fuck? They're just people. Treat them like people and be done with it. Generally speaking, how a person gets their nut is about the least interesting thing about them.

I posted this before. The left has cheapened marriage and family by the relaxation of societal rules concerning divorce, welfare, and single motherhoodk

No one enjoys the divorce more than Conservatives- the states with the highest rates of divorce tend to be Conservative- and your fellow Conservatives- Reagan- Gingrich and others have all taken advantage of divorce.

Single motherhood? What were the 'societal rules' about single motherhood- my great grandmother raised her kids as a single mom through the depths of the depression.

Like many Conservatives- you just cherry pick what you don't like- and blame it all on liberals.

Just the effect of wearing partisan goggles.

If its not a choice, then how come some are choosing it...or not:

Some Gays Can Go Straight Study Says - ABC News

Of course, gay groups are fighting this study, because if homosexuality was a choice, there can be no discrimination.

Since I personally know gays that have went straight, I have to ask why the appeal of a "big hairy ass" left them and was replaced by a vagina.

Mark

And? My point was that some people have converted. Are you going to deny that? As for your link, if homosexuality is "ingrained", then I contend that every sexual deviancy is and that treatment should stop on all of them.

Mark

My point was that some people have converted. Are you going to deny that? As for your link, if homosexuality is "ingrained", then I contend that every sexual deviancy is and that treatment should stop on all of them.

Mark

So, are you afraid to answer the blue bolded part?

Mark

Nature is a complex and wondrous thing. Did you know that some species are a-sexual? Did you know some could change their gender? How about when animals intentionally sterilize themselves due to over population?

Since Homosexuality exists in over a thousand animals species and has existed in the human animal since the beginning of recorded history, it's pretty safe to assume that we're supposed to be here. Rest easy, scientists have some theories.

The evolutionary puzzle of homosexuality

The genes that code for homosexuality do other things too

The allele - or group of genes - that sometimes codes for homosexual orientation may at other times have a strong reproductive benefit. This would compensate for gay people's lack of reproduction and ensure the continuation of the trait, as non-gay carriers of the gene pass it down.

Gay people were 'helpers in the nest'
Paul Vasey's research in Samoa has focused on a theory called kin selection or the "helper in the nest" hypothesis. The idea is that gay people compensate for their lack of children by promoting the reproductive fitness of brothers or sisters, contributing money or performing other uncle-like activities such as babysitting or tutoring. Some of the gay person's genetic code is shared with nieces and nephews and so, the theory goes, the genes which code for sexual orientation still get passed down.[...]

Gay people do have children
In the US, around 37% of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual people have a child, about 60% of which are biological. According to the Williams Institute, gay couples that have children have an average of two.

These figures may not be high enough to sustain genetic traits specific to this group, but the evolutionary biologist Jeremy Yoder points out in a blog post that for much of modern history gay people haven't been living openly gay lives. Compelled by society to enter marriages and have children, their reproduction rates may have been higher than they are now.

It's not all in the DNA
Qazi Rahman says that alleles coding for same sex attraction only explain some of the variety in human sexuality. Other, naturally varying biological factors come into play, with about one in seven gay men, he says, owing their sexuality to the "big brother effect".

This has nothing to do with George Orwell, but describes the observation that boys with older brothers are significantly more likely to become gay - with every older brother the chance of homosexuality increases by about a third. No-one knows why this is, but one theory is that with each male pregnancy, a woman's body forms an immune reaction to proteins that have a role in the development of the male brain. Since this only comes into play after several siblings have been born - most of whom are heterosexual and go on to have children - this pre-natal quirk hasn't been selected away by evolution.

And, after all of this, my statement still stands:

In every species, natures way is reproduction. If a body does not reproduce, it kills off its lineage. That is why, in nature, homosexuality has to be considered abnormal.

Humans are born with many types of problems. While these conditions are natural, they most assuredly are abnormal.

Mark

Lots of things are 'abnormal'- oral sex is abnormal by your definition- yet the majority of Americans experience it at some time in their life- some of us more than others.

Abnormal doesn't mean bad.

Except in the case of homophobes- homosexuals=abnormal-= bad.

Who said oral sex was abnormal? I said it is a mechanism used by nature to simulate humans to have sex to procreate.

Mark

Oral sex is 'abnormal' in that until recently it was not normal.

IF oral sex that does not lead to procreation is bad then every man who enjoys a blowjob should be as much a deviant in your mind as every homosexual act of sex.

But heck- we are just haggling over the words- we all know you just are rationalizing as to why you don't like homosexuals.

Sigh. The mechanism of oral sex is part of nature to promote sexual activity to reproduce. That humans don't use it for that purpose during every sexual encounter doesn't change that fact.

And who said I don't like homosexuals?

Mark

If you are trying to prevent two people from marrying simply because you do not approve of them having homosexual sex- yes- you don't like homosexuals.

Sex serves more than one purpose- certainly sex is necessary for reproduction and most of us are hardwired to enjoy penis-vagina sex.

But most of the sex we have not only is not for reproduction- we actively seek to prevent it most of our adult lives.

Whether that is through oral sex, through anal sex, or through contraception- most of us have 'deviant' sex- in that we have it intending not to reproduce.

And none of that sex has anything to do with why we have marriage.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Who said I am afraid- like I said- I am comfortable with my answer

I could choose to be a criminal. Does that make me one?

I don't find men sexually attractive either because I choose not to.

You can't choose your attraction, only whether to act on them or not. If you are not attracted to men, you can't make yourself attracted to men, trust me on this. (It's why reparative "therapy" has such a high failure rate)

It would be interesting to know what other psychiatric problems have a "high failure rate" and if we simply gave up because of it.

Did you ever stop to think that this "high failure rate" is because we haven't been been trying reparative therapy that long?

I mean fuck, we have been trying to cure cancer, diabetes, and heart disease forever.

Mark
Reparative therapy has a high failure rate, Mark. Your suggestion from that fact is useless, meaningless.

Why? I have proven that gays can change. Are you really going to deny those that want to try to change the right to these treatments?

Mark

So, if they "changed who they had sex with", it boils down to two reasons:

1) They were simply "confused" about their sexuality. If true, we have to ask how many more are "Confused".

2) They really did change. You are asserting they did not. Now you should provide a link to back up that claim.

Mark

Mark

Mark

No more than allowing heterosexuals who enjoy oral sex to marry is.

Do you know that up until just about 20 years ago- mixed race relationships were considered deviant behavior by most Americans?

I have as much respect for your condemnation of gay sex as deviant as I do those who think mixed race sex is deviant.

Who is condemning gay sex? Like I stated earlier, I could care less.

Mark

Not all child molesters are pedophiles, and even if they are pedophiles they can still be attracted to other adults.

So what are you saying..that if there's dual sexualities that's good reason to deny someone their rights?

Your backward, narrow, religiously dogmatic views of morality will have to give way to love. Who are you to decide their love is wrong? Aren't you the guys telling us that there are different kinds of love and they're all equal? What happened that you became such a repressed pedophobe?
Well now. Now we know.

That homosexuality is inextricably linked to pederasty? Yes, that's been known for many centuries.

That bigots are inextricably linked to trying to call homosexuals pedophiles- yes thats been known for decades.

Mark

Mark

Mark

Lol. What you are comfortable with is your non answer. To answer my question truthfully puts your entire stance squarely behind the eight ball.

I understand your reluctance to answer my question.

Mark

Mark

Mark

So, if they "changed who they had sex with", it boils down to two reasons:

1) They were simply "confused" about their sexuality. If true, we have to ask how many more are "Confused".

2) They really did change. You are asserting they did not. Now you should provide a link to back up that claim.

Mark

People choose to have sex for many reasons.

I have known persons who were attracted to the same gender but had sex with the opposite gender for years because they were terrified what their family or church would say.

Reading the accounts of reparative therapy, I think that a similar effect is in place- homosexuals are offered an accepting environment that is safer than going through life as part of a minority that is discriminated against often by their own family.

Personally- I don't care whether a persons sexuality is immutable or not. If a person is attracted to the same gender- and is miserable about that- and can find some way they are happy dealing with that- that is fine with me.

But if a person is attracted to the same gender- and finds someone of the same gender who they love and want to marry- I am fine with that also.

Two gay men or two gay women marrying doesnt' threaten my marriage or my family.

Mark

Mark

Lol. What you are comfortable with is your non answer. To answer my question truthfully puts your entire stance squarely behind the eight ball.

Mark

The question is why do you have any issues with my post. Here once again:

So what are you saying..that if there's dual sexualities that's good reason to deny someone their rights?

Well now. Now we know.

That homosexuality is inextricably linked to pederasty? Yes, that's been known for many centuries.

That bigots are inextricably linked to trying to call homosexuals pedophiles- yes thats been known for decades.

Actually, it was the homosexuals themselves that linked themselves to pedophilia. Read up on the history of the gay movement.

Mark

None of his anything to do with same sex marriage. Nice red herring though.

They actually do, because they demonstrate the Advocacy to Normalize Sexual Abnormality as a movement, thus demonstrating the nature of the slippery slope, as well as how the slope more closely resembles a cliff.
Fathers, step-fathers, and family friends in heterosexual relationships are the biggest danger to children sexually. And girls are victims way more....shall you blame that on gays too?
Furthermore, children are in much greater danger of being either physically or sexually assaulted by a hetero male family member or friend than any stranger.

Those damn heteros....

Here's something interesting: List of pedophile activist organizations - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

USA
  • [1]
  • Childhood Sesuality Circle (CSC). Founded in 1971 in San Diego (California) by a student of Wilhelm Reich.[3] CSC closed down in the mid-1980s, when Valida Davila became too frail to continue with it.
  • North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA). 1978–present. Largely defunct.
  • Pedophile Information Society. Defunct?
  • Project Truth. One of the organizations which was expulsed from ILGA in 1994 as a pedophile organization.[14] Defunct.
  • B4U-ACT Established in 2003 as a 501(c)(3) organization in Westminster, MD. Co-founder and Board Chair, Russell A. Dick. Website, B4U-ACT
Because by legal definition she isn't.

The other is an attempt to side track this into another argument.

Ah, right. The "social overlay" again.

No, this one is the legal overlay since we are, after all, arguing law :)

Isn't that subjective and therefore an insufficient reason to deny that 12 year old girl her 14th Amendment rights to sex with an adult?

Nope. Children have never had the same rights as adults.

And there was a time when women and blacks didn't have the same rights as men and white people. Amazing how all the Leftist arguments are backfiring. Maybe children and their adult lovers are the new Selma and Alice Paul that you're oppressing. Why are you to say their love is wrong? Why aren't their constitutional rights to asymmetrical sex being respected?

Children have never constitutionally had the same rights as adults. Why is that?

You forgot all the groups who don't advertise the fact that they are pro-pedophile. Such as GLSEN for starters

You may also recall that Mr. Obama appointed Kevin Jennings, founder of the “Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network,” or GLSEN, to the post of “safe schools czar.” The position is now defunct, ostensibly due to national outrage over Jennings’ appointment.

In keeping with the thinly veiled goals of B4U-ACT, GLSEN seems to be “running interference” for pedophiles, having tacitly advocated adult-child sex through its “recommended reading list” for kids.

Ref: The homosexual Left 8217 s new crusade Normalizing adult-child sex Opinion LifeSite

And I will say once again- bigots like yourself who attempt to equate homosexuals to pedophiles put children at risk.

And you don't care.

Mark

Mark

Mark

The question is why do you have any issues with my post. Here once again:

Maybe I'll answer your question when you answer mine.

Mark

Forum List

Back