The irony of Trump's "populist" campaign

As I predicted, Trump simply got taken over by the Republican establishment much in the manner that the Tea Party got taken over by the gays guns and God faction of the GOP.

There would be no argument regarding how Trump managed to get elected (narrowly, I might add) last November.....Trump won by wooing blue collared workers from rust-belt states that usually have backed a democrat candidate.......There is equally no doubt that the Dem candidate (Clinton) had so much baggage on her shoulders that she had also a hand in such rust-belt voters turning away from her, but rather than just staying home and not vote, these folks did show up for Trump.

However, the irony of Trump's so-called populist agenda is interesting regarding its complete reversal of what Trump voters had expected.......in these TWO important ways:

First, Trump, apparently, had NO viable plan (although he campaigned on it) to REPLACE the ACA, with a plan as he stated to cover everybody, with insurance that was better and cheaper. Actually, what Trump recently backed was a plan that would have kicked off the insured rolls 24 Million people, mostly from the same rust-belt states where these same folks voted for him.

Second, Trump's proposed tax plan is yet another complete betrayal of these rust belt voters. Yes, tax cuts would be enacted, but the VAST majority of those cuts would benefit the richest Americans while giving a couple of hundred dollars back to those rust belt voters. Mindful, that to enact huge raises in the Pentagon budget and to spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure, the money would have to come from unprecedented borrowing, skyrocketing our debt upward.

For these rust belt voters who actually "believed" and voted for Trump, the result can ONLY be one of BETRAYAL......or, one would conclude that they're not very bright to even understand that same betrayal and therefore deserve to be screwed. .

The Rust Belt specifically was drawn in by his Trade Policies. Funny you left out Trade when discussing the RUST BELT.

FUnny, strange, not funny ha ha.

As I predicted, Trump simply got taken over by the Republican establishment much in the manner that the Tea Party got taken over by the gays guns and God faction of the GOP.
Career politicians are a cancer to the country… Fact

There would be no argument regarding how Trump managed to get elected (narrowly, I might add) last November.....Trump won by wooing blue collared workers from rust-belt states that usually have backed a democrat candidate.......There is equally no doubt that the Dem candidate (Clinton) had so much baggage on her shoulders that she had also a hand in such rust-belt voters turning away from her, but rather than just staying home and not vote, these folks did show up for Trump.

However, the irony of Trump's so-called populist agenda is interesting regarding its complete reversal of what Trump voters had expected.......in these TWO important ways:

First, Trump, apparently, had NO viable plan (although he campaigned on it) to REPLACE the ACA, with a plan as he stated to cover everybody, with insurance that was better and cheaper. Actually, what Trump recently backed was a plan that would have kicked off the insured rolls 24 Million people, mostly from the same rust-belt states where these same folks voted for him.

Second, Trump's proposed tax plan is yet another complete betrayal of these rust belt voters. Yes, tax cuts would be enacted, but the VAST majority of those cuts would benefit the richest Americans while giving a couple of hundred dollars back to those rust belt voters. Mindful, that to enact huge raises in the Pentagon budget and to spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure, the money would have to come from unprecedented borrowing, skyrocketing our debt upward.

For these rust belt voters who actually "believed" and voted for Trump, the result can ONLY be one of BETRAYAL......or, one would conclude that they're not very bright to even understand that same betrayal and therefore deserve to be screwed. .

The Rust Belt specifically was drawn in by his Trade Policies. Funny you left out Trade when discussing the RUST BELT.

And then if that was the reason he managed to get elected, where is that issue now on his agenda?

And then if that was the reason he managed to get elected, where is that issue now on his agenda?

Hopefully next, imo.

Why do you ask?

(A) NOBODY who voted for Trump expected HIM to have a plan in his back pocket to replace ACA. That's entirely up to the Republican Congress - or failing that, to Congress in general.

(B) Your second "point" is simply a re-hash of a tired Leftist talking point. HALF OF THE WAGE EARNERS IN THE U.S. PAY NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX! Do you think those fukkers were expecting a tax cut? How do you give a tax cut to people who pay no taxes?

Anyone with a three-digit IQ understands that when ANYONE talks about a tax cut, the benefits will go to THE PEOPLE WHO PAY THE MOST IN TAXES.

But maybe that obvious fact is too obscure for Leftists.

"NOBODY who voted for Trump expected HIM to have a plan in his back pocket to replace ACA" is not true; being a very good Demagogue trump convinced the biddable that he did in fact have such a plan and that it would replace the ACA on his first day in office. Tell a big lie over and over as did he, and people easily led and not too bright will believe it.

Those who do not pay any Federal Income Tax are scapegoats used by callous conservatives who hold this truth to be self evident: "I got mine, fuck the rest of you".
  • Living in poverty does not provide a good life, liberty or happiness
  • Having the means necessary to pay a Federal Income Tax sucks, but only because the priorities of The Congress suck, and provide for those of us with means, at the expense of those stuck in poverty.
Government should strive to make us all equal before the law; at least those who believe in the principles of the Founding Fathers. Callous conservatives - Speaker Ryan being a prime example - demagogue the people with false pathos and arrogance. Let him add the repeal of all health care benefits to members of Congress, then he might earn some credibility.
Just another person who FEELS that they are VICTIMS. Egad, where does the left breed these people. Oh yeah, public education teaches these worthless tards that no matter what they do,(there is no God) they have someone in their way, preventing them from succeeding(even though they suck liberal for their free stuff). Just amazes me, that we have people like Tiger Woods, who could of been the greatest golfer ever in the history of the world, but when he turned away from God and started doing Lucifers work, God took those gifts away and Tiger cant win a tournament and the liberal media wonders why. Michael Jackson, a great singer, turned to Lucifer, and soon his inner demons ended up killing him, just like Elvis Presley and Whitney Houston. Some liberals are just misguided and many are looking for answers to make their lives better, which is why Trump won. Some liberals are just plain EVIL, they use everyone else to get their fortunes, those are George Soros, Al Gore, and any other Uber Wealthy Liberal.

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals
Opening page - Dedication
“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

Hopefully next, imo.

Why do you ask?

Because it's not on the agenda. Legislatively, he's led with the establishment GOP's healthcare plan, now he's talking about a tax bill next,

which for all intents and purposes is a classic Republican establishment (aka anti-populist) tax plan.

Hopefully next, imo.

Why do you ask?

Because it's not on the agenda. Legislatively, he's led with the establishment GOP's healthcare plan, now he's talking about a tax bill next,

which for all intents and purposes is a classic Republican establishment (aka anti-populist) tax plan.

I've heard some good stuff about his tax plan, but I am not too concerned about it.

You have his agenda? For how far out?

(A) NOBODY who voted for Trump expected HIM to have a plan in his back pocket to replace ACA. That's entirely up to the Republican Congress - or failing that, to Congress in general.

(B) Your second "point" is simply a re-hash of a tired Leftist talking point. HALF OF THE WAGE EARNERS IN THE U.S. PAY NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX! Do you think those fukkers were expecting a tax cut? How do you give a tax cut to people who pay no taxes?

Anyone with a three-digit IQ understands that when ANYONE talks about a tax cut, the benefits will go to THE PEOPLE WHO PAY THE MOST IN TAXES.

So you're willing to ignore the middle class? We pay lots of taxes, and helping the super rich at our expense sucks.
FYI:
If you really care about upwards wealth redistribution taxes aren't the primary culprit, the primary culprit is inflation and the distribution effects thereof; it's a hidden tax that redistributes from the bottom up, inflation driven price increases are not uniform and entrepreneurs (because the cost of production rises more slowly than the cost of goods) and speculators (because borrowers benefit at the expense of lenders from unexpected inflation) gain disproportionately from inflation while wage earners lose from it (cost of living rises faster than wages).

Yet I rarely see gub'mint worshipers complaining about our debt based fiat monetary system; apparently they think that handing ever increasing amounts of resources to the corruption drenched, money wasters in government somehow benefits the middle-class and poor while hurting "the rich" and completely ignore the fact that the current monetary system rigs the game completely in favor of "the rich" with government aiding and abetting the whole scheme; the wage earner purchasing power stagnation that's been going on over the last 15 or so years is no accident, it's by design and the implementer is the unholy cabal of "D" + "R" + Bankers.

"The American people have no idea they are paying the bill. They know that someone is stealing their hubcaps, but they think it is the greedy businessman who raises prices or the selfish laborer who demands higher wages or the unworthy farmer who demands too much for his crop or the wealthy foreigner who bids up our prices. They do not realize that these groups also are victimized by a monetary system which is constantly being eroded in value by and through the Federal Reserve System." -- G. Edward Griffin

So you're willing to ignore the middle class? We pay lots of taxes, and helping the super rich at our expense sucks.
Difference between you and me Bullshitdog, is that when I first entered the workforce, I made minimum wage, and didn't take welfare. I had to pay taxes during this time also After 2 years of working at MW, I joined the Air Force and got skills that I took to the private sector and made hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and now I pay more taxes on average than anyone in the middle class, but to you liberals it isn't enough. Today I am no longer middle class but in the 1% and guess what, I still pay more taxes than any middleclass person. But, I did build that, I didn't FEEL sorry for myself, I took Gods given gifts and excelled at what I did. You on the other hand are just another victim of liberalism and will never achieve anything greater than misery, as liberalism is all about equality, equally poor and equally miserable.

I'm amazed at how much you think you know about me. Other than mowing the occasional lawn for neighbors, and throwing newspapers, my first real job was delivering furniture for .75 cents per hour in high school. When I quit and went to work at an upholstery shop for 1.25, I didn't think I would ever see another poor day. Of course,you are lying about being 1%, and your twisted accusations are pure bullshit.
When you get a chance to spend 5 1/2 years in Saudi Arabia, having TAX FREE income, other than Social Security, you can acquire a small fortune. Unfortunately for most liberals, they don't like change, so stay put at Target or Macy's making .75 cents an hour until the liberals artificially raise everyone income which then increased the taxes of the MW earner, and also raise inflation putting them back in poverty again. You liberals will never learn.

So you went to Saudi. Big deal. You didn't become 1% by doing that. You are still a liar.

"NOBODY who voted for Trump expected HIM to have a plan in his back pocket to replace ACA" is not true; being a very good Demagogue trump convinced the biddable that he did in fact have such a plan and that it would replace the ACA on his first day in office. Tell a big lie over and over as did he, and people easily led and not too bright will believe it.

Those who do not pay any Federal Income Tax are scapegoats used by callous conservatives who hold this truth to be self evident: "I got mine, fuck the rest of you".
  • Having the means necessary to pay a Federal Income Tax sucks, but only because the priorities of The Congress suck, and provide for those of us with means, at the expense of those stuck in poverty.
Government should strive to make us all equal before the law; at least those who believe in the principles of the Founding Fathers. Callous conservatives - Speaker Ryan being a prime example - demagogue the people with false pathos and arrogance. Let him add the repeal of all health care benefits to members of Congress, then he might earn some credibility.
Just another person who FEELS that they are VICTIMS. Egad, where does the left breed these people. Oh yeah, public education teaches these worthless tards that no matter what they do,(there is no God) they have someone in their way, preventing them from succeeding(even though they suck liberal for their free stuff). Just amazes me, that we have people like Tiger Woods, who could of been the greatest golfer ever in the history of the world, but when he turned away from God and started doing Lucifers work, God took those gifts away and Tiger cant win a tournament and the liberal media wonders why. Michael Jackson, a great singer, turned to Lucifer, and soon his inner demons ended up killing him, just like Elvis Presley and Whitney Houston. Some liberals are just misguided and many are looking for answers to make their lives better, which is why Trump won. Some liberals are just plain EVIL, they use everyone else to get their fortunes, those are George Soros, Al Gore, and any other Uber Wealthy Liberal.

“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

Lucifer created sex? Thanks for sharing, good to know. Poor Tiger, destined to go to hell for having sex without the consent of a piece of paper. BTW, how much room do you think is there in hell for everyone who had sex without the permission and under the rules of the authority? And how many people end up in heaven? Mother Teresa must be lonely.

Difference between you and me Bullshitdog, is that when I first entered the workforce, I made minimum wage, and didn't take welfare. I had to pay taxes during this time also After 2 years of working at MW, I joined the Air Force and got skills that I took to the private sector and made hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and now I pay more taxes on average than anyone in the middle class, but to you liberals it isn't enough. Today I am no longer middle class but in the 1% and guess what, I still pay more taxes than any middleclass person. But, I did build that, I didn't FEEL sorry for myself, I took Gods given gifts and excelled at what I did. You on the other hand are just another victim of liberalism and will never achieve anything greater than misery, as liberalism is all about equality, equally poor and equally miserable.

I'm amazed at how much you think you know about me. Other than mowing the occasional lawn for neighbors, and throwing newspapers, my first real job was delivering furniture for .75 cents per hour in high school. When I quit and went to work at an upholstery shop for 1.25, I didn't think I would ever see another poor day. Of course,you are lying about being 1%, and your twisted accusations are pure bullshit.
When you get a chance to spend 5 1/2 years in Saudi Arabia, having TAX FREE income, other than Social Security, you can acquire a small fortune. Unfortunately for most liberals, they don't like change, so stay put at Target or Macy's making .75 cents an hour until the liberals artificially raise everyone income which then increased the taxes of the MW earner, and also raise inflation putting them back in poverty again. You liberals will never learn.

So you went to Saudi. Big deal. You didn't become 1% by doing that. You are still a liar.

I'm not certain he's a liar, first we must rule out insanity.

Lucifer created sex? Thanks for sharing, good to know. Poor Tiger, destined to go to hell for having sex without the consent of a piece of paper. BTW, how much room do you think is there in hell for everyone who had sex without the permission and under the rules of the authority? And how many people end up in heaven? Mother Teresa must be lonely.
Before Lucifer presented the forbidden fruit, there was no sex. But I guess you didn't know that, being that God isn't taught in public education anymore. I have seen time after time, great people who used their God given gifts to achieve greatness and then take the easy path that Lucifer gives and then their lives are ruined. Another perfect example is ex baseball player, Darryl Strawberry who could of been the next Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron. He started using drugs and then lost all his abilities , yet today is a preacher telling the word of God. Darryl learned his lesson, but too late in life. Maybe it was good for him because Lucifer takes those that turn away from God. Liberals who are truly Evil who follow Lucifer, deceive the misguided ones, to liberalism and their immoral ways. Lucifer laughs at all of you idiots who follow liberalism...

lol, a worshipper of the adulterous groper Trump proclaims Tiger Woods to be the Devil because he cheated on his wife.

Goddam that's funny.

Hopefully next, imo.

Why do you ask?

I've heard some good stuff about his tax plan, but I am not too concerned about it.

You have his agenda? For how far out?

I have what you have, in the media.

Today the talk is that Trump wants a bi-partisan healthcare plan, with the Democrats involved, and that's a good thing, relatively speaking,

but Paul Ryan is freaking out over that, and I suspect the Freedom Caucus will do the same.

After your "ha, has"........Check out if indeed the Keystone pipes will be made with U.S. steel.

Well, a few more brain cells and you SHOULD be concerned about the Trumpster's tax plan....Try to find the "populist" objective in his tax plan....

His proposal would cut taxes at all income levels, although the largest benefits, in dollar and percentage terms, would go to the highest-income households. Federal revenues would fall by $6.2 trillion over the first decade before accounting for added interest costs. Including interest costs, the federal debt would rise by $7.2 trillion over the first decade and by $20.9 trillion by 2036.

An Analysis of Donald Trump's Revised Tax Plan

lol, a worshipper of the adulterous groper Trump proclaims Tiger Woods to be the Devil because he cheated on his wife.

Goddam that's funny.
Just to let you know, up till that event, Tiger was top of his game, and was winning almost every tournament he entered. Why after he cheated, he hasn't won a major since? You liberals are just too funny..... http://nypost.com/2013/11/24/the-night-tiger-woods-was-exposed-as-a-serial-cheater/

Before Lucifer presented the forbidden fruit, there was no sex. But I guess you didn't know that, being that God isn't taught in public education anymore. I have seen time after time, great people who used their God given gifts to achieve greatness and then take the easy path that Lucifer gives and then their lives are ruined. Another perfect example is ex baseball player, Darryl Strawberry who could of been the next Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron. He started using drugs and then lost all his abilities , yet today is a preacher telling the word of God. Darryl learned his lesson, but too late in life. Maybe it was good for him because Lucifer takes those that turn away from God. Liberals who are truly Evil who follow Lucifer, deceive the misguided ones, to liberalism and their immoral ways. Lucifer laughs at all of you idiots who follow liberalism...

Without sex, there would be no you. BTW, sex is fun and ought to be, it is a God Given Gift and there is nothing evil with the sharing of pleasure with a willing partner. Try it sometime, it will change your life.

My public school education (CAL) was augmented by Catechism, I was raised Catholic and was confirmed in that faith after tedious lectures from Nuns and Priests, all of whom rejected sex and marriage, yet claimed to be authorities on such matters.

In fact when I attended Confession the day before Confirmation, the priest asked me if I masturbated (it came out of the blue); I lied and said no (I was 13). I thought it odd at the time, and later realized that guy in the robe was simply another man, and not one I would have liked to have been alone with at any time.

That was the last time I went to confession, and only attended mass a few times after that experience.

Well, a few more brain cells and you SHOULD be concerned about the Trumpster's tax plan....Try to find the "populist" objective in his tax plan....

His proposal would cut taxes at all income levels, although the largest benefits, in dollar and percentage terms, would go to the highest-income households. Federal revenues would fall by $6.2 trillion over the first decade before accounting for added interest costs. Including interest costs, the federal debt would rise by $7.2 trillion over the first decade and by $20.9 trillion by 2036.

An Analysis of Donald Trump's Revised Tax Plan

seems that you didn't have a problem with debt while Obama wracked up 10 trillion over his 8 years while putting the most in poverty ever in the history of the US. Is it because you all want everyone to be equal, that is equally POOR and equally MISERABLE. Then you think it is FAIR? Just because you want to be HOLE in society doesn't mean everyone else wants to, and why should everyone else pay for your to sit on your sorry miserable ass and do nothing but bitch and moan and smoke dope? Worthless fucktard, a liberal way to success.

Forum List

Back