The jury will not give Trump a prison sentence. They are only responsible for deciding whether Trump is guilty or not guilty of the charges.

Yes we all know why you post on these threads, little troll.
you keep making shit up and misrepresenting everything.

observations:

It seemed that Joshua Steinglass was finally done explaining the law. He said the prosecution had presented a “mountain of evidence” related to its theory of the Trump Tower conspiracy. But then he went right back to it, briefly, as he begins to explain the “unlawful means” that prosecutors will ask the jurors to find Trump used to aid his election win.

The defense just lodged another objection, but Steinglass made it across the legal-explanation minefield to a safer zone of explaining the prosecution’s theory of unlawful means: That’s not a legal explanation, just argument.

It’s worth remembering that 10 or so hours ago, when we started these summations, Merchan advised the lawyers not to try to explain the law to the jurors, and said that his instructions on the law were the only ones that mattered.

Was it a reimbursement?

:auiqs.jpg:

Joshua Steinglass is now walking the jurors through Trump’s own words in 2018, when he described the payments to Michael Cohen as “reimbursements.” Steinglass shows a tweet from Trump, but he said it in a Fox News interview that summer as well. It’s why one of the defense's more head-scratching claims has been that this wasn’t a reimbursement, it was for legitimate legal work.
Sounds like:

The End

Steinglass says that Trump’s intent to defraud could not be any clearer, arguing that Trump could have simply paid Daniels himself, but instead devised an elaborate scheme to pay Daniels secretly that required the involvement of at least 10 other people. “Everything Mr. Trump and his cohorts did in this case was cloaked in lies,” Steinglass says, adding, “The name of the game was concealment, and all roads lead to the man who benefited the most, Donald Trump.”

Sounds like:

The End

Steinglass says that Trump’s intent to defraud could not be any clearer, arguing that Trump could have simply paid Daniels himself, but instead devised an elaborate scheme to pay Daniels secretly that required the involvement of at least 10 other people. “Everything Mr. Trump and his cohorts did in this case was cloaked in lies,” Steinglass says, adding, “The name of the game was concealment, and all roads lead to the man who benefited the most, Donald Trump.”
LoL!

Steinglass had evidence that it was Trump who devised that elaborate scheme, and not Cohen?

Wow, that would have been important evidence! I wonder why they left it out?

Mr. Merchan calls President Trump "Mr. Trump," so he has little regard for such protocol. I'm only honoring his wish that such formalities be ignored.

1716940197466.png

1716940427440.png

FPOTUS#45 isn't the President.

But I'd love to see Mr. Trump address Judge Merchan - a sitting judge in his criminal trial - as "Mr. Merchan". It would be hilarious.

WW

Last edited:
Yes we all know why you post on these threads, little troll.
Two can play the defense's game:

Steinglass begins his final conclusion, thanking the jurors for their time and praising their remarkable punctuality as they arrived for proceedings day in and day out. And then he returns to talking about Trump, saying that the evidence is overwhelming and that while the former president is a former president, the law applies to him the same as it does to everyone else.

Specifically, Steinglass invokes Trump’s infamous line about being able to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and get away with it, saying that he in fact can’t. Blanche objects, and Merchan sustains it.
:auiqs.jpg:

Uh oh!

An experienced and very good prosecutor at work:

Wow!

"Listening to this from Joshua Steinglass, and knowing we have hours to go — if Todd Blanche accomplishes nothing else in this trial, it will have been a miracle that he got Trump to agree not to testify and kept him relatively calm in the courtroom."
Uh oh!

Joshua Steinglass keys in on something Michael Cohen has long said about Trump, telling the jurors: “These guys know each other well. They speak in coded language, and they speak fast.”

An experienced and very good prosecutor at work:

Joshua Steinglass did something fairly remarkable here as he sought to counter the defense's argument that Michael Cohen called Trump's bodyguard, Keith Schiller, not Trump himself, on the evening of Oct. 24. The defense argued that the call was about a teenage prank caller who had been bothering him, not about arranging the hush-money payment, as prosecutors had said.

Steinglass just started a timer and pretended to have the exact same conversation, adding plenty of asides and silences as he played the role of Cohen, talking first to Schiller and then to Trump.

The call felt as if it lasted a long time. But when Steinglass stopped the timer, it had only been about 49 seconds, about as long as the call in question. The point he was seeking to illustrate was simple: That Cohen could have easily talked to both men, just like he testified.

This was a real piece of showmanship — clever and useful at the same time. Moments like these show Steinglass’s experience, as a longtime trial lawyer who can lean into the innate theatricality of the role.

Wow!

"Listening to this from Joshua Steinglass, and knowing we have hours to go — if Todd Blanche accomplishes nothing else in this trial, it will have been a miracle that he got Trump to agree not to testify and kept him relatively calm in the courtroom."

LoL!

Steinglass had evidence that it was Trump who devised that elaborate scheme, and not Cohen?

Wow, that would have been important evidence! I wonder why they left it out?
"It’s hard to stress the significance of what Steinglass is saying — both that this case is not about Michael Cohen, and that Cohen was exactly what Trump wanted in a lawyer."

Mentions of Trump's circle being a gutter:

"The argument that Joshua Steinglass is making about Michael Cohen right now is a prosecutorial classic when it comes to cooperating witnesses: if you want to know what happens in the gutter, you have to talk to the rats. But here, prosecutors are not talking about classic street crime, but about a plot to defraud the American people. “This case is not about Michael Cohen,” Steinglass says. “It’s about Donald Trump.”"

you keep making shit up and misrepresenting everything.
No, I comment on the stuff you copy/paste from some left wing source like daily kooks (or whoever).

I quote everything I comment on. You have yet to rebut anything I have said. You and fort fuckwit just post ad homs, because that's all you ever have.

This trial was a complete farce, and most people can see that if they aren't incapacitated by TDS.

Keep up the good work, lol.

polls 5-21.jpg

View attachment 953409

View attachment 953410

FPOTUS#45 isn't the President.

But I'd love to see Mr. Trump address Judge Merchan - a sitting judge in his criminal trial - as "Mr. Merchan". It would be hilarious.

WW

LoL!

Like I'm taking lessons from the WaPo! If I decided to, you'd need to show me the rule that requires me to call a partisan hack "Judge."

How silly, that you actually "researched" that!

If Bill Clinton came into Merchan's "courtroom" you can bet he'd call him "Mr. President," and rightfully so.

Forum List

Back