The Liberal Myth that the Rich Pay "Virtually No Taxes"

If the rich pay "virtually nothing" in taxes, as liberals continue to claim, how is it that they pay the majority of federal personal income taxes? According to federal income tax data, the top 1% pay about 45% of all federal income taxes. The top 10% pay at least 60% of all federal income taxes. And the top 20% pay over 80% of all federal income taxes.

Top 1% pay nearly half of federal income taxes

Top 10 Percent of Earners Paid 68 Percent of Federal Income Taxes

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax

STEPHEN MOORE: Do the rich pay their fair share of taxes?

Do the rich pay lower taxes than the middle class?

The Rich Pay More than Their Fair Share of Taxes | Economics21

What's more, the top 1% pay around 24% of all federal taxes (income taxes, corporate taxes, tariffs, etc.). The top 10% pay over 50% of all federal taxes.

1 Percenters Pay 24 Percent and Top 10 Percent Pay 53.3 Percent of All Federal Taxes

And this is on top of the huge amount of county and state taxes that the rich pay, especially rich people who own businesses. I have two relatives who own businesses, and I can't believe how much they get soaked in county and state taxes, especially property taxes.

Liberals who go around peddling the kool-aid myth that "the rich pay virtually no taxes" or that "the average rich person pays less than a middle-income earner" obviously don't know any rich people and/or any business owners and are basing these silly claims on grossly misleading "studies" churned out by liberal think tanks and economists.
What do you say now? Now we know TRUMP doesn't pay taxes.

Watch Donald Trump lecture the working poor for not paying taxes

we actually don't know that.

40 years ago he wrote off enough to make his income negative and that loss of 900 whatever million was obtained from just a couple of pages stolen from a tax return that was most likely hundreds of pages long

If the rich pay "virtually nothing" in taxes, as liberals continue to claim, how is it that they pay the majority of federal personal income taxes? According to federal income tax data, the top 1% pay about 45% of all federal income taxes. The top 10% pay at least 60% of all federal income taxes. And the top 20% pay over 80% of all federal income taxes.

What's more, the top 1% pay around 24% of all federal taxes (income taxes, corporate taxes, tariffs, etc.). The top 10% pay over 50% of all federal taxes.

1 Percenters Pay 24 Percent and Top 10 Percent Pay 53.3 Percent of All Federal Taxes

And this is on top of the huge amount of county and state taxes that the rich pay, especially rich people who own businesses. I have two relatives who own businesses, and I can't believe how much they get soaked in county and state taxes, especially property taxes.

Liberals who go around peddling the kool-aid myth that "the rich pay virtually no taxes" or that "the average rich person pays less than a middle-income earner" obviously don't know any rich people and/or any business owners and are basing these silly claims on grossly misleading "studies" churned out by liberal think tanks and economists.

what is it you think you learned? Are you saying that all of the land and buildings he owns, he doesn't pay property taxes? You think he buys a yacht and he doesn't pay taxes on the purchase. Only the Donald is void of paying any taxes? Are you sure you just learned that? Do you know how many business use losses forward? Do you? are you really that fking naive that if him under audit hasn't been placed in jail yet, has avoided paying taxes. Really? I see you don't understand the tax system at all. thanks for playing dumb is you.

40 years ago he wrote off enough to make his income negative and that loss of 900 whatever million was obtained from just a couple of pages stolen from a tax return that was most likely hundreds of pages long
yep, they all know it all now, that the document, not a federal one by the way, is somehow his entire life story. I love it. the desperation that is a demoturd is outstanding.

Excuses excuses. Then release your taxes donny.

yep, they all know it all now, that the document, not a federal one by the way, is somehow his entire life story. I love it. the desperation that is a demoturd is outstanding.

Would serve Trump right being a birther. I guess in December we will apologize for being wrong about Don's taxes. When it's too late. After the damage is done. October surprise? Oh we got much more.

Romney was sunk after one gaffe. How many is trump up to? Moderates and independents aren't going to vote for Trump. No fortune 100 ceo and no newspaper is endorsing him. He's unfit and unsafe to be commander and chief. He's having twitter wars with former Miss Americas for god sakes. He's calling people pigs. His shaddy business deals make Bain Capital look good. You would vote for the Kardashians.

I have no problem with rich folks using the tax code to reduce their taxes..What irritates me is when many pay zero on large incomes and turn around saying that the poor pay nothing and are worthless...

what is it you think you learned? Are you saying that all of the land and buildings he owns, he doesn't pay property taxes? You think he buys a yacht and he doesn't pay taxes on the purchase. Only the Donald is void of paying any taxes? Are you sure you just learned that? Do you know how many business use losses forward? Do you? are you really that fking naive that if him under audit hasn't been placed in jail yet, has avoided paying taxes. Really? I see you don't understand the tax system at all. thanks for playing dumb is you.
But you are making the same arguments we make when we tell you poor people pay enough taxes??? You say they pay no taxes but now you want to use sales taxes to defend trump? OMG the flip floppery. It's hard to nail you guys down because you are not a liquid and not a solid.

And no. He doesn't pay any taxes. He's using Trump Foundation to dodge taxes. In fact he's using it for a lot of things you wouldn't approve of if it were Hillary's foundation. But you don't care. Trump could kill someone and you wouldn't care. Mike Pence is the real person who will be running the show.

I have no problem with rich folks using the tax code to reduce their taxes..What irritates me is when many pay zero on large incomes and turn around saying that the poor pay nothing and are worthless...
but the poor who don't pay, pay very little if any property taxes, so they pay very little in support of community. Can you say that about the rich? just curious how much you think you know about taxes. When a rich person buys a boat, a car, a jet, a building, pay in sales and general taxes? you don't think they pay taxes. funny shit. How many people are employed by these rich folks who pay taxes? wow, being naive is not an excuse bubba.

but the poor who don't pay, pay very little if any property taxes, so they pay very little in support of community. Can you say that about the rich? just curious how much you think you know about taxes. When a rich person buys a boat, a car, a jet, a building, pay in sales and general taxes? you don't think they pay taxes. funny shit. How many people are employed by these rich folks who pay taxes? wow, being naive is not an excuse bubba.
Poor folks pay sales tax every time they purchase something..it's not like they get a free ride..........

But you are making the same arguments we make when we tell you poor people pay enough taxes??? You say they pay no taxes but now you want to use sales taxes to defend trump? OMG the flip floppery. It's hard to nail you guys down because you are not a liquid and not a solid.

And no. He doesn't pay any taxes. He's using Trump Foundation to dodge taxes. In fact he's using it for a lot of things you wouldn't approve of if it were Hillary's foundation. But you don't care. Trump could kill someone and you wouldn't care. Mike Pence is the real person who will be running the show.
again, fair share shit, right, how much does a poor person pay vs a 1%? do you even know property and taxes? Purchasing tax structures. Dining out and sales tax and employing people to work? The poor do all of that do they? Name me one.

Poor folks pay sales tax every time they purchase something..it's not like they get a free ride..........
I never said they didn't. did I? do you know what the phrase 'very little' means? When did that mean nothing? I laugh at turds like you. You can't even define fair share. Any day, let us see your definition.

This. I constantly hear "moochers" "takers" etc. Then when it is the rich it's "smart" "good business"

again, fair share shit, right, how much does a poor person pay vs a 1%? do you even know property and taxes? Purchasing tax structures. Dining out and sales tax and employing people to work? The poor do all of that do they? Name me one.
Do you always feel the need to insult to discuss?
A poor person pays more from their resources to buy basic needs than a rich person does....as far as poor people employing folks,, has nothing to do with poor folks not paying federal income taxes..

I never said they didn't. did I? do you know what the phrase 'very little' means? When did that mean nothing? I laugh at turds like you. You can't even define fair share. Any day, let us see your definition.
I will when you learn to control your tongue, until then sit and germinate...

Do you always feel the need to insult to discuss?
A poor person pays more from their resources to buy basic needs than a rich person does....as far as poor people employing folks,, has nothing to do with poor folks not paying federal income taxes..
name a federal income tax a poor person pays.

so you admit you're a liar, thanks.

See what I mean....

See what I mean....
I know I post facts. when will you?

Can someone get the right wing corporatist apologist for the rich a dictionary and then explain to them proportionality and fairness

You may want to Google "proportionality" since you don't know what it means.

The top 1% earn 20% of the income and pay 40% of the taxes.

Also, "corporatist" is a word you may want to learn more about. Hillary became a hundred millionaire selling speeches to Wall Street and corporate America. One thing you can sure the fuck bank on is they didn't pay her to hear what she thinks ...

Forum List

Back