The MAJOR difference between Medicare and Private Insurance...

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not

I saw it's effects first hand when it was needed for SERIOUS medical problems. It failed miserably when my family needed it the most.

So, yeah.....fuck off with that nonsense.
I would need the details before I believed that.
I offered a brief explanation above.
The system only allowed an in home nurse visit 3 days a week when she was released after open heart surgery. We begged for more assistance but ultimately were forced to put her in a home with a TERRIBLE quality of life.

And that was just one asinine decision that expedited her death.

So why didn't you pay for a private plan that covered that...oh, right, because private insurance does the same thing.
Because I was fresh out of prison and struggling to take care of my kids and wife.
And yes she had a supplemental plan. Even with that her out of pocket just for scripts was over 600 a month for what she could afford to buy.

If government insurance was so good she wouldn't have needed a supplemental

Oh, so you were poor and indigent? Weird that you would speak so derisively about them in your previous post.

So, you're arguing we should improve government provided healthcare insurance. Democrats argue the same thing. How are Republicans doing on that front? Trump promised he would cover everyone and that our costs will go down. How's that working out?

I saw it's effects first hand when it was needed for SERIOUS medical problems. It failed miserably when my family needed it the most.

The system only allowed an in home nurse visit 3 days a week when she was released after open heart surgery. We begged for more assistance but ultimately were forced to put her in a home with a TERRIBLE quality of life.

So why didn't you pay for a private plan that covered that...oh, right, because private insurance does the same thing.
Because I was fresh out of prison and struggling to take care of my kids and wife.
And yes she had a supplemental plan. Even with that her out of pocket just for scripts was over 600 a month for what she could afford to buy.

Oh, so you were poor and indigent? Weird that you would speak so derisively about them in your previous post.

So, you're arguing we should improve government provided healthcare insurance. Democrats argue the same thing. How are Republicans doing on that front? Trump promised he would cover everyone and that our costs will go down. How's that working out?
Never said I was poor or indigent. I said I was taking care of my family. Disposable income in your 20's does not pay major medical costs ya twit

You people do realize that you don't have to sigh up for Medicare when your time comes?

Hey, there ya go. Good cost saving measure! Republicans should absolutely NOT sign up for Medicare and should keep paying out of pocket for their healthcare. They can get one of those cheap, no coverage, low cap, high deductible plans that they favor so much.

Never said I was poor or indigent. I said I was taking care of my family. Disposable income in your 20's does not pay major medical costs ya twit

You were poor. You just said so.

I had a mortgage, two car payments and 2 children.

I was raising a family.

Funny you deem the american dream as "poor"

Your opinion is irrelevant

My grandmother was on that program and her end of life care was pretty bad. We kept her in our home as long as we could to give her the attention her medical needs required but eventually it became too much and was not a healthy environment for our small girls.
At that point it was a slow and painful spiral down for her. The government declined at least half of the things her doctor prescribed/suggested and she was relegated to a terrible existence in a home.
We wanted to take care of her but she had so many issues that were well beyond our capabilities, like an open chest wound from surgery that would not heal, that we had no choice.

Bless you for wanting to care for her.

I was raising a family.

Wow, you really don't like poor people do you? There's no shame in being poor, especially if someone (not you of course) had just gotten out of prison.

So do you agree or disagree that government provided healthcare coverage should be expanded and strengthened or cut and starved as Republicans want to do?

I was raising a family.

Wow, you really don't like poor people do you? There's no shame in being poor, especially if someone (not you of course) had just gotten out of prison.

So do you agree or disagree that government provided healthcare coverage should be expanded and strengthened or cut and starved as Republicans want to do?
You CLEARLY don't understand what "poor" means.

You people do realize that you don't have to sign up for Medicare when your time comes?

SHURRE!

When my mother retired with lifetime medical benefits ...... .....
What a SURPRISE when she entered the age of 'Medicare Eligible' but couldn't find a Doctor (PCP) to take her on!!

I was raising a family.

You are correct!!

Seawytch will never understand blue collar issues because she is one who lives by Unions ---- via the state of California

It’s not theft if it’s legal
Legal and moral are not the same thing- using the threat of force or incarceration or the taking of justly gained property to take what doesn't belong to you is theft. Period.

The Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system is very popular and efficient, because it includes an excellent blend of public foundation and free market competition & innovation. It could be easily scaled up, with a few tweaks, for all.

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not to, and the left wingers are LYING to the voters, calling Single Payer "Medicare for All".

As usual, the wings are slowing down progress and causing harm.

Mac1958

Truly... I've watched/read you over the years.

Your really need to STFU - period.

Supply us USMB heathens with FACTS

I was raising a family.

I said "not you". You didn't answer my question.

The Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system is very popular and efficient, because it includes an excellent blend of public foundation and free market competition & innovation. It could be easily scaled up, with a few tweaks, for all.

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not to, and the left wingers are LYING to the voters, calling Single Payer "Medicare for All".

As usual, the wings are slowing down progress and causing harm.

Mac1958

Truly... I've watched/read you over the years.

Your really need to STFU - period.

Supply us USMB heathens with FACTS
I REALLY GOTTA STOP DOING THAT

I was raising a family.

You are correct!!

Seawytch will never understand blue collar issues because she is one who lives by Unions ---- via the state of California

So union jobs aren't blue collar jobs? You sure about that? This is my blue collar.

s-l1600.jpg

I was raising a family.

You are correct!!

I worked construction and my wife worked at the GSA as a secretary. We bought a new home and lowered both the down payment and the mortgage because I did all the final trim work myself as part of the offer. Sweat equity is VERY satisfying. We also had 2 car payments and for several years put our girls through a private christian school.
While we had disposable income it was not the kind of money required to meet her medical needs.

Seawitch lives in that bubble where everything she hasn't experienced is defined by what the media tells her. What defines poor, what defines an exconvict etc...
It is simply unfathomable for someone to pull themselves up and out of true poverty via hard work and determination.

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not

And I've seen first hand the same thing with private insurance...in fact I guarantee there are many more stories about private insurance denying care far more frequently than Medicare or Medicaid. So, fuck off with your "oh, but I have a personal story" bullshit.

REALLY??

How about I say FO with your personal story bullshit?

PROVE me wrong.

In other words, YOU ARE LYING....

/end of Seawytch FAKE rant

I was raising a family.

I said "not you". You didn't answer my question.

I believe we need government programs for those incapable of supporting themselves for true medical reasons as well as TEMPORARY emergency assistance.

Forum List

Back