The MAJOR difference between Medicare and Private Insurance...

You were poor. You just said so.
I had a mortgage, two car payments and 2 children.

I was raising a family.

Funny you deem the american dream as "poor"

Your opinion is irrelevant

Wow, you really don't like poor people do you? There's no shame in being poor, especially if someone (not you of course) had just gotten out of prison.

So do you agree or disagree that government provided healthcare coverage should be expanded and strengthened or cut and starved as Republicans want to do?
You CLEARLY don't understand what "poor" means.

You are correct!!

Seawytch will never understand blue collar issues because she is one who lives by Unions ---- via the state of California
I worked construction and my wife worked at the GSA as a secretary. We bought a new home and lowered both the down payment and the mortgage because I did all the final trim work myself as part of the offer. Sweat equity is VERY satisfying. We also had 2 car payments and for several years put our girls through a private christian school.
While we had disposable income it was not the kind of money required to meet her medical needs.

Seawitch lives in that bubble where everything she hasn't experienced is defined by what the media tells her. What defines poor, what defines an exconvict etc...
It is simply unfathomable for someone to pull themselves up and out of true poverty via hard work and determination.

I work with actual convicts and ex convicts regularly. I help them register to vote before every election.

Now will you answer the question? Do you support strengthening and improving Medicare coverage or gutting and starving it?

I was raising a family.

Wow, you really don't like poor people do you? There's no shame in being poor, especially if someone (not you of course) had just gotten out of prison.

So do you agree or disagree that government provided healthcare coverage should be expanded and strengthened or cut and starved as Republicans want to do?

You are correct!!

Seawych will never understand blue collar issues because she is one who lives by Unions ---- via the state of California

So union jobs aren't blue collar jobs? You sure about that? This is my blue collar.

Thanks sweety!

Point -

Seawytch will NEVER understand blue collar jobs because she works for the State of California ... meaning UNION JOBS.

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not

I saw it's effects first hand when it was needed for SERIOUS medical problems. It failed miserably when my family needed it the most.

So, yeah.....fuck off with that nonsense.

And I've seen first hand the same thing with private insurance...in fact I guarantee there are many more stories about private insurance denying care far more frequently than Medicare or Medicaid. So, fuck off with your "oh, but I have a personal story" bullshit.

REALLY??

How about I say FO with your personal story bullshit?

PROVE me wrong.

In other words, YOU ARE LYING....

/end of Seawytch FAKE rant

Study: U.S. health care denials on rise

Fortunately for you, the ACA expanded mental health coverage.

I work with actual convicts and ex convicts regularly. I help them register to vote before every election.

Now will you answer the question? Do you support strengthening and improving Medicare coverage or gutting and starving it?

Your Q/A has NOTHING to do with Medicare/Medicaid
coverage.

I was raising a family.

You are correct!!

Seawych will never understand blue collar issues because she is one who lives by Unions ---- via the state of California

So union jobs aren't blue collar jobs? You sure about that? This is my blue collar.

Thanks sweety!

Point -

Seawytch will NEVER understand blue collar jobs because she works for the State of California ... meaning UNION JOBS.

I don't work for the state. Again, here are my blue collar creds

s-l1600.jpg

Where are yours?

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not

I saw it's effects first hand when it was needed for SERIOUS medical problems. It failed miserably when my family needed it the most.

So, yeah.....fuck off with that nonsense.

And I've seen first hand the same thing with private insurance...in fact I guarantee there are many more stories about private insurance denying care far more frequently than Medicare or Medicaid. So, fuck off with your "oh, but I have a personal story" bullshit.

REALLY??

How about I say FO with your personal story bullshit?

PROVE me wrong.

In other words, YOU ARE LYING....

/end of Seawytch FAKE rant

Study: U.S. health care denials on rise

Fortunately for you, the ACA expanded mental health coverage.

Sadly for you, you've chose to make this personal... meaning, YOU FAILED this 'debate'.

You are correct!!

Thanks sweety!

Point -

Where are yours?

So you lied when you said you worked for State of California....specifically in Elections???

I was raising a family.

You are correct!!

Seawytch will never understand blue collar issues because she is one who lives by Unions ---- via the state of California
I worked construction and my wife worked at the GSA as a secretary. We bought a new home and lowered both the down payment and the mortgage because I did all the final trim work myself as part of the offer. Sweat equity is VERY satisfying. We also had 2 car payments and for several years put our girls through a private christian school.
While we had disposable income it was not the kind of money required to meet her medical needs.

Seawitch lives in that bubble where everything she hasn't experienced is defined by what the media tells her. What defines poor, what defines an exconvict etc...
It is simply unfathomable for someone to pull themselves up and out of true poverty via hard work and determination.

I answered your question earlier, scroll back.

And registering felons to vote is not "working with felons" lol

The Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system is very popular and efficient, because it includes an excellent blend of public foundation and free market competition & innovation. It could be easily scaled up, with a few tweaks, for all.

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not to, and the left wingers are LYING to the voters, calling Single Payer "Medicare for All".

As usual, the wings are slowing down progress and causing harm.

Mac1958

Truly... I've watched/read you over the years.

Your really need to STFU - period.

Supply us USMB heathens with FACTS
I REALLY GOTTA STOP DOING THAT

Told ya!

You are correct!!

Thanks sweety!

Point -

Where are yours?

So you lied when you said you worked for State of California....specifically in Elections???
She keeps flashing a military insignia as if that somehow elevates her points in this conversation. Bragging about military service is disgraceful and most certainly not an automatic debate victory.

You are correct!!

Thanks sweety!

Point -

Where are yours?

She keeps flashing a military insignia as if that somehow elevates her points in this conversation. Bragging about military service is disgraceful and most certainly not an automatic debate victory.

So military isn't blue collar and union jobs aren't blue collar. Who is?

You are correct!!

I answered your question earlier, scroll back.

And registering felons to vote is not "working with felons" lol

I don't register Felons, I register convicts. I also take them from work release programs to do work in our office like cleaning voting booths. I work with convicted criminals just like you were, frequently. I'll go look for that response. Which post #?

I was raising a family.

I said "not you". You didn't answer my question.

I believe we need government programs for those incapable of supporting themselves for true medical reasons as well as TEMPORARY emergency assistance.

So gutting it to the point where your grandmother would have had no in home care. Interesting...

I was raising a family.

I said "not you". You didn't answer my question.

I believe we need government programs for those incapable of supporting themselves for true medical reasons as well as TEMPORARY emergency assistance.

So gutting it to the point where your grandmother would have had no in home care. Interesting...
My grandmother was legally blind her entire life. If we weren't supporting those of able body and mind with subsidized or free healthcare and welfare the ones that truly need it would have their needs fulfilled.

So yes, I would cut it way back and manage it PROPERLY

You are correct!!

Thanks sweety!

Point -

s-l1600.jpg

Where are yours?

You were a shallow-water sailor? Puddle pilot?

The Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system is very popular and efficient, because it includes an excellent blend of public foundation and free market competition & innovation. It could be easily scaled up, with a few tweaks, for all.

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not to, and the left wingers are LYING to the voters, calling Single Payer "Medicare for All".

As usual, the wings are slowing down progress and causing harm.

Pretending that costs aren't costs by having unborn babies pay for them = hallmark of efficiency.

And this is a fundamental issue with Mac's ideology. He thinks that we can start these programs now that we are already neck deep in debt, and pretend the debt does not exist.

One difference between private insurance and Medicare - my doctor can not take anymore Medicare patients because he’d go out of business. Medicare does not pay the full cost to providers.

2018 Medicare Trustee Report...page 7
The estimated depletion date for the HI trust fund is 2026, 3 years earlier than in last year’s report.
As in past years, the Trustees have determined that the fund is not adequately financed over the next 10 years.
https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statis...eports/ReportsTrustFunds/Downloads/TR2018.pdf
So this means there are no reserves. It will be depleted in 6 years.

BUT private health insurance have to BY states' laws where they companies want to sell their health insurance MUST have RESERVES to pay future claims.

In the United States and most developed nations, regulators impose required statutory capital reserve ratios on insurance companies to conduct business. There may be large differences in the nature and definition of acceptable reserves, which can make it tricky for companies, and their shareholders, that operate in multiple jurisdictions.
Most reserve requirements are established at the state level. Standard levels include 8% to 12% of the insurer's total revenue, but the actual amount needed varies depending on the types of risk a company currently assumes.
What level of reserve ratios is typical for an insurance company to protect against large losses?

So those people mouthing "Medicare for All" means that 1,400 private health insurance companies that employ over 500,000 people and pay over $100 billion a year in taxes would be no longer in business.

Has that cost i.e. these insurance companies going out of business AND their reserves for future claims...are these claims going to be paid by Medicare for All?

As it is with most ideas spouted by people who are economically challenged they do not understand
the elementary aspects of arithmetic! If "Medicare for All" replaces private health insurance this would throw American industries including health insurance companies completely for a loss.

Finally... remember when Obama said.."46 million Americans are uninsured and over half of all Americans have pre-existing conditions"?

Both are lies.
View attachment 297094

PSST: The reason why the trust fund for medicare will run out is because the feds have been pilfering from it for years to reduce the deficit. This isn't nearly as dire as a private insurance company running out of its trust, because the government can levy a tax to repay the Medicare Trust fund, or to top it up.

After for the number of "uninsured", well then take out the 9.1 million illegals and that still leaves 35 million AMERICANS with no access to quality health care at all. But bear in mind that under current US law, those 9.1 million illegals can show up at any emergency ward and ask for treatment. And you're still on the hook for their care, one way or another.

Then add in all of the poor rural areas where it's not profitable to locate your medical practice, or a hospital, and you have large areas of the US, where there's no health care at all.

Your citizens pay double the amount per capital for health care than any other country in the world, and yet your life expectancy is going down, you have the highest rates of obesity, diabetes, drug addiction, maternal death in childbirth and infant mortality rate in the first world. The health of your people is the greatest indictment of the "for profit system" there is.

When your entire health care system is run for profit, an unhealthy population is the most profitable thing of all. Our health care system is run to look after our people, and our age expectancy and quality of life is rising, not falling.

Forum List

Back