The "N-word" and other Euphemisms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 61. As a kid, I was first taught to say, "Negroes." Then it was changed to, "Afro-Americans." Then it became, "Blacks." Now it's, "African-Americans", even when we're not referring to a Black person from America. Now THAT's ridiculous.

My Dad used to call "negroes" "Colored People", then we chastised him, and it changed to "Blacks", then "African Americans". That isn't correct, so now "People of Color" seems to be the PC choice. So, essentially, we are back to "Colored People".
Which fails a test of reason. It implies that the skin of Caucasians is colorless. Which is obviously absurd. Meanwhile many Asians have paler skin than quite a few whites. Notably a lot of Japanese women...
You white boys made up that name. Dont whine that your ancestors felt compelled by insecurity to proclaim themselves white like it was a desirable trait.

It is offensive
But why?

There are 3 races on earth: europeoids, negroids and mongoloid
So, what is offensive to call white Europeans, black - negros, asians - mongols?
I don't see any offensive, honestly.
But calling all white Europeans is not correct as they might be from Americas, asia or any other continent. Mongols may be confused to nation of Mongolia, so Asian is more understandable. But negros is the most correct for calling black people, isn't it?
What is wrong with African American if someone is an American citizen and their descendants hailed from Africa?
If there are black folks who aren't from America, you could call them African, I suppose, or black. "Negro" is just a really old term that accumulated so much negative connotation that it stopped being used, much as my grandmother's term "colored" went out with davenports and petticoats.
For one... I know dozens of “African-Americans” whom are Caucasian, rather than negros. That by itself could lend to the confusion. Not to mention the countless numbers of negros who identify as Non African in origin. Like Haitian Americans for example. In other words “African-American” is hardly conclusive.
The OP is a bigot trying to justify a reason to use an offensive label. It's more old fashioned than offensive, I think, but still. What is the problem with "black?" If you MUST refer to race at all, which a lot of people don't have to do much of at all if they aren't busy accusing a racial group of something on a daily basis.
Well... For one thing... Have you ever actually met someone who was actually black? I’ve seen some so dark that they came close; but overwhelmingly negros arent actually black in color. Negro has sufficed, and been used by all foe decades without a negative inference. By people of all colors no less.
It is offensive
But why?

So, what is offensive to call white Europeans, black - negros, asians - mongols?
But calling all white Europeans is not correct as they might be from Americas, asia or any other continent. Mongols may be confused to nation of Mongolia, so Asian is more understandable. But negros is the most correct for calling black people, isn't it?
What is wrong with African American if someone is an American citizen and their descendants hailed from Africa?
If there are black folks who aren't from America, you could call them African, I suppose, or black. "Negro" is just a really old term that accumulated so much negative connotation that it stopped being used, much as my grandmother's term "colored" went out with davenports and petticoats.
For one... I know dozens of “African-Americans” whom are Caucasian, rather than negros. That by itself could lend to the confusion. Not to mention the countless numbers of negros who identify as Non African in origin. Like Haitian Americans for example. In other words “African-American” is hardly conclusive.
The OP is a bigot trying to justify a reason to use an offensive label. It's more old fashioned than offensive, I think, but still. What is the problem with "black?" If you MUST refer to race at all, which a lot of people don't have to do much of at all if they aren't busy accusing a racial group of something on a daily basis.
Well... For one thing... Have you ever actually met someone who was actually black? I’ve seen some so dark that they came close; but overwhelmingly negros arent actually black in color. Negro has sufficed, and been used by all foe decades without a negative inference. By people of all colors no less.
Yes, I dated a guy who was so black his skin had a blue sheen. It was beautiful.
I like Asclepias' answer best, though, and it should end this discussion. Period.
My thing is what happened to having enough respect to ask what someone would like to be called?

But why?

But why?

Yes, I dated a guy who was so black his skin had a blue sheen. It was beautiful.
I like Asclepias' answer best, though, and it should end this discussion. Period.
My thing is what happened to having enough respect to ask what someone would like to be called?
By telling him you dated a Black guy you just did the equivalent of throwing holy water on a demon. :laugh:

It is offensive
But why?

I have met several people that are so Black they are blue. However, Black isnt really a reference to color. Its a reference to ancestry. Its a reference to a nation that spans the globe.

But why?

But why?

Yeah we had a moniker for those. We called them Blurple. Nonetheless; still not actually “Black”. Even then those who approach that level of darkness don’t numerically substantiate good cause to label all negros such.

Last edited:
Yeah we had a moniker for those. We called them Blurple. Nonetheless less still not actually “Black”. Even then those who approach that level of darkness don’t numerically substantiate good cause to label all negros such.
Blurple? OMG. Why is anyone even paying attention to you? You're still calling them "nigg**s." Be honest.

Yeah we had a moniker for those. We called them Blurple. Nonetheless less still not actually “Black”. Even then those who approach that level of darkness don’t numerically substantiate good cause to label all negros such.
Blurple? OMG. Why is anyone even paying attention to you? You're still calling them "nigg**s." Be honest.
Who knows? Some just crave my attention. And “Yes”. When it comes to some; I do in fact label them such. But not as a blanket label for all. A man has to earn the label.

Last edited:
But why?

Notice how these tards deny reality? NEGRO is a name of a race like ASIAN or CAUCASIAN. What race will they identify as next?
We dont honor labels made up by whites. We reserve the right to self identify. If you have an issue with that then go call someone like me a negro. Let me know what happens.
I wouldn't insult the negro race by calling you one of them. You may be descended from the great pharaoh mofugga who had one of the greatest stolen chariot wheel cover collection in all of ancient Egypt.

But to answer, why call them anything, why not just call them people? I don't refer to myself as a whit person, I'm just me.

Notice how these tards deny reality? NEGRO is a name of a race like ASIAN or CAUCASIAN. What race will they identify as next?
We dont honor labels made up by whites. We reserve the right to self identify. If you have an issue with that then go call someone like me a negro. Let me know what happens.
I wouldn't insult the negro race by calling you one of them. You may be descended from the great pharaoh mofugga who had one of the greatest stolen chariot wheel cover collection in all of ancient Egypt.

But to answer, why call them anything, why not just call them people?
I didnt ask you a question so what do you mean by "to answer"?

You call them whatever label they told you to refer to them by. If you have an issue with that then you deal with consequences.

Haha, good laugh.

It sounds like many Blacks who start violence over "Words" like Negro, are sensitive snow-flakes.

As for Poles vs Negroes?
Yeah? really?
We're the pu$$ies?
Definitely Poles. The trash of Europe.

The trash of Europe are White Liberals, Negroes, Gypsies, Muslims, etc. etc.

I put Liberals at #1, they will attack Poles who are White, just because they're White, but then have a total melt-down if you attack a protected group like Negroes, Muslims, or Jews etc. etc.

It seems Liberals are just very easily brainwashed, and very much retarded.

Especially considering they think Negro meaning Black in Spanish is so offensive, boo hoo hoo.

Meanwhile you mock Poles, and that's okay, just because you weren't told so by the elite.
Elites? Nah Poles are just trash. That’s just how it is :dunno:

I'm mocking the severe stupidity of Liberal Malpa like yourself, you are the most worthless scums I've ever seen in my life.

You just cry about one prejudices against Negro, and then support another prejudices against Polak.

Not out of any rhyme, or reason, certainly not out of any logical aspect.

You just do as you're told, because you're less than Human.

Not surprising you said you're Asian, remember Japs said Hirohito was their God, because they were "Told that"

Some people just don't have the ability to think for themselves, Asians are one of them, Western Europeans are another one.

The problem is you little d*cked pansies don't have any will, or serious ability to fight insecurities, because you're beta-cucks.
Ugh nothing worse than a triggered, snowflake polack :rolleyes:

Remember, you’d be sieg heling and bowing to Mother Russia if not for my ancestors
This is your off topic drivels and hypocritical views on political correctness for Negroes but not Polaks.

Please, Poles played a massive role in ending the Cold war like Ryszatd Kuklinski ,Lech Walesa, Brzezinski, and Pope John Pawel ll.

Definitely Poles. The trash of Europe.

I put Liberals at #1, they will attack Poles who are White, just because they're White, but then have a total melt-down if you attack a protected group like Negroes, Muslims, or Jews etc. etc.

Especially considering they think Negro meaning Black in Spanish is so offensive, boo hoo hoo.

Meanwhile you mock Poles, and that's okay, just because you weren't told so by the elite.

I'm mocking the severe stupidity of Liberal Malpa like yourself, you are the most worthless scums I've ever seen in my life.

You just cry about one prejudices against Negro, and then support another prejudices against Polak.

Not surprising you said you're Asian, remember Japs said Hirohito was their God, because they were "Told that"

Some people just don't have the ability to think for themselves, Asians are one of them, Western Europeans are another one.

The problem is you little d*cked pansies don't have any will, or serious ability to fight insecurities, because you're beta-cucks.

Remember, you’d be sieg heling and bowing to Mother Russia if not for my ancestors
This is your off topic drivels and hypocritical views on political correctness for Negroes but not Polaks.

Please, Poles played a massive role in ending the Cold war like Ryszatd Kuklinski ,Lech Walesa, Brzezinski, and Pope John Pawel ll.
“Massive?” :lmao:

Polaks contributed more value than Negroes to USA none the less Libtardos tend to villify Polaks and rescue Negroes.

Polaks contributed more value than Negroes to USA none the less Libtardos tend to villify Polaks and rescue Negroes.
Blacks and Jews look down on Polacks

As do most intelligent Americans

Yep. Cabbage eaters and manure shovelers.

Lol, arent you Irish who have no Copernicus, Marie Curie, Steve Wozniak. Ect.
Liberals like you are far too retarded to reach logic or lack of biases.

Why libtardos like you think words like Negro are off limits but will crack dumb polak jokes because you are incapable of abstract thought.

Lol, arent you Irish who have no Copernicus, Marie Curie, Steve Wozniak. Ect.
Liberals like you are far too retarded to reach logic or lack of biases.

Why libtardos like you think words like Negro are off limits but will crack dumb polak jokes because you are incapable of abstract thought.
No such thing as a dumb Polack joke

They are all true stories

It is offensive
But why?

Same reason why people get fired for saying the word niggardly, even though it just means stingy. For ages, the term "Negro" was the accepted term for blacks, even by blacks. It's all stupid really; Negro denotes "black" in Spanish and Portuguese, derived from the Latin word niger, meaning black, which itself is probably from a Proto-Indo-European root *nekw-, "to be dark", akin to *nokw-, "night".[4][5] "Negro" was also used of the peoples of West Africa in old maps labelled Negroland, an area stretching along the Niger River.

Modern liberals taught us to be offended by everything, including mere words, then they invented the concepts of hate--speech and hate-crimes, though neither truly exist. It is the backward advancement of mankind to fear, hate or be offended by most everything under the term "progressivism."

It is offensive
But why?

Same reason why people get fired for saying the word niggardly, even though it just means stingy. For ages, the term "Negro" was the accepted term for blacks, even by blacks. It's all stupid really; Negro denotes "black" in Spanish and Portuguese, derived from the Latin word niger, meaning black, which itself is probably from a Proto-Indo-European root *nekw-, "to be dark", akin to *nokw-, "night".[4][5] "Negro" was also used of the peoples of West Africa in old maps labelled Negroland, an area stretching along the Niger River.

Modern liberals taught us to be offended by everything, including mere words, then they invented the concepts of hate--speech and hate-crimes, though neither truly exist. It is the backward advancement of mankind to fear, hate or be offended by most everything under the term "progressivism."
Negro and Colored were the preferred terms of Jim Crow America

They are no longer accepted

It is offensive
But why?

Negro and Colored were the preferred terms of Jim Crow America

They are no longer accepted

But they are factually ACCURATE terms, therefore only not accepted by the ignorant or imposed by political correctness.

Negro MEANS Black and Colored means people of color, which they are, as opposed to whites who are technically without color. Take a true albino: they look much closer to a white person than any other race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back