The New Congress on the Vets....

We're about to witness a vote on a bill that would benefit veterans by tweaking Obamalosi's child...the "so-called" ACA. The Yeas and Nays have begun.

This is a 15 minute vote:
What does this tweak do? Because I am a retired vet and the GOP House totally fucked up our healthcare insurance (Tricare), and Tricare is completely unrelated to ObamaCare.
Are you a mexican vet?? My american tricare didn't change.
I am on Tricare Prime. Every retired vet in my state was kicked off Tricare Prime in October 2013, whereupon my family's medical bills literally went up by a factor of 10 because of a permanent catastrophic illness in my family.

This was the work of Paul Ryan.

I then jumped through a lot of bureacratic hoops to get re-enrolled in Prime.

Then in October 2014, I was informed I had to change my PCM to one that is over 100 miles away. The Tricare insurance rep had the unbelievable balls to say to me "nothing has changed". I just have to travel 100 miles to see my new PCM now. What a fucking asshole!

There was also a $300,000 surgery in my family this past year and Tricare is doing its level best to fuck me over it. They did this in 2008, too, and I had to get my Congressman and both US Senators to kick them in the nuts.
I have no reason to not believe your story. I have tricare for life...anything I get from medicare/tricare in the form of notifications, I throw in the trash. It's worked so far...

We're about to witness a vote on a bill that would benefit veterans by tweaking Obamalosi's child...the "so-called" ACA. The Yeas and Nays have begun.

What does this tweak do? Because I am a retired vet and the GOP House totally fucked up our healthcare insurance (Tricare), and Tricare is completely unrelated to ObamaCare.
I am on Tricare Prime. Every retired vet in my state was kicked off Tricare Prime in October 2013, whereupon my family's medical bills literally went up by a factor of 10 because of a permanent catastrophic illness in my family.

Then in October 2014, I was informed I had to change my PCM to one that is over 100 miles away. The Tricare insurance rep had the unbelievable balls to say to me "nothing has changed". I just have to travel 100 miles to see my new PCM now. What a fucking asshole!

There was also a $300,000 surgery in my family this past year and Tricare is doing its level best to fuck me over it. They did this in 2008, too, and I had to get my Congressman and both US Senators to kick them in the nuts.
I have no reason to not believe your story. I have tricare for life...anything I get from medicare/tricare in the form of notifications, I throw in the trash. It's worked so far...

Do you have Tricare Prime or Tricare Standard? If you have Tricare Prime, it is possible you may not any longer, and have been booted onto Tricare Standard. You will get a hell of a shock the next time you use any medical services and the bill arrives in your mail.

You should check your status. Not kidding.

So here is the tweak:

The House bill, sponsored by Rep. Rodney Davis, R-Ill., would exempt from that threshold veterans who already get health care from the Veterans Affairs Department or the military.

So if a hiree is already covered by health care from the VA or Tricare, they don't count toward the 50 employee threshold.

Someone please explain how this "screws over vets". It doesn't. It actually increases their chances of getting a job at a small employer!

It certainly isn't screwing them out of hours or insurance as the dipshits are claiming.

If that is the case and I don't doubt it, then the objectionable language to the bill was removed and I can support it.

Do you have Tricare Prime or Tricare Standard? If you have Tricare Prime, it is possible you may not any longer, and have been booted onto Tricare Standard. You will get a hell of a shock the next time you use any medical services and the bill arrives in your mail.

You should check your status. Not kidding.
Tricare for life is a combination of medicare as prime coverage and tricare as secondary. Whatever medicare doesn't cover tricare picks up. I've had that setup for going on 15 years....but like you say with the 18 trillion Dollar debt lord knows what might happen.

Forum List

Back