The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

I made no claim at all. Why does that matter? They saw it used and said it was completely unnecessary

Deny that
After the fact is nothing more then opinion. They expressed an opinion. That and a bit of money will get you a cup pf coffee. You keep claiming they opposed the bombing, they couldnt have since they did not know about it till after it happened,

After the fact is nothing more then opinion. They expressed an opinion. That and a bit of money will get you a cup pf coffee. You keep claiming they opposed the bombing, they couldnt have since they did not know about it till after it happened,
Yes. The most expert opinion available. The decision to use the bomb was an opinion too. Made by a guy who spent most of the war out of the loop as a vp.

Yes. The most expert opinion available. The decision to use the bomb was an opinion too. Made by a guy who spent most of the war out of the loop as a vp.
Not the most expert NONE of them had direct experience fighting the Japanese Soldiers and marines. In fact NONE of the Admirals or Generals with THAT experience criticized the use of the atomic Bombs at ALL.

Not the most expert NONE of them had direct experience fighting the Japanese Soldiers and marines. In fact NONE of the Admirals or Generals with THAT experience criticized the use of the atomic Bombs at ALL.
Then who in fact offered the most expert opinion on the use of the bomb to truman?

It doesnt matter, NONE of the people you quoted were in the loop they learned of the Bombing like everyone else, when it happened.
I see so no one had that experience you require who could have possibly given this advice to truman.

None at all.

Got it

I made no claim at all. Why does that matter? They saw it used and said it was completely unnecessary
Deny that
Prove they said that, you are making a claim. You state they, who the fuck are you talking about? You also claim they said it was, "completely unnecessary". Prove whoever you are making claims about, stated that.

You claim you have not made any claim, yet here you have made that claim you have claimed you never made.

Why do the facts matter and not your vague assertions? That should be self-evident.

Prove they said that, you are making a claim. You state they, who the fuck are you talking about? You also claim they said it was, "completely unnecessary". Prove whoever you are making claims about, stated that.

You claim you have not made any claim, yet here you have made that claim you have claimed you never made.

Why do the facts matter and not your vague assertions? That should be self-evident.
Note the words completely unnecessary

Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote in his memoir The White House Years:

In 1945 Secretary of War Stimson, visiting my headquarters in Germany, informed me that our government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. I was one of those who felt that there were a number of cogent reasons to question the wisdom of such an act. During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives.[98]

The decision to use the bomb is an opinion? I guess from that perspective, you look at your decision to walk as an opinion. Or, if you state that you will eat, and then eat, that was an opinion as well?

That statement of yours is one of the best so far.

The decision to use the bomb is an opinion? I guess from that perspective, you look at your decision to walk as an opinion. Or, if you state that you will eat, and then eat, that was an opinion as well?

That statement of yours is one of the best so far.
The decision that to drop the bomb is the best way to end the war is an opinion

Duh

"
Contrary to popular belief, however, not all Pacific war veterans applaud the atomic annihilation of two Japanese cities.

Responding to a journalist's question in 1995 about what he would have done had he been in Truman's shoes, Joseph O'Donnell, a retired marine corps sergeant who served in the Pacific, answered that "we should have went after the military in Japan. They were bad. But to drop a bomb on women and children and the elderly, I draw a line there, and I still hold it." "
^^^

"Doug Dowd, a Pacific-theater rescue pilot who was slated to take an early part in the invasion of Japan if it had come to that, recently stated that it was clear in the final months of the war that the Japanese "had lost the ability to defend themselves." American planes "met little, and then virtually no resistance," Dowd recalled. He added, "It is well-known [now] that the Japanese were seeking to make a peace agreement well before Hiroshima." "
^^^

"Admiral William "Bull" Halsey, the tough and outspoken commander of the U.S. Third Fleet, which participated in the American offensive against the Japanese home islands in the final months of the war, publicly stated in 1946 that "the first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment." The Japanese, he noted, had "put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before" the bomb was used. "
^^^

President Dwight Eisenhower, the Allied commander in Europe during World War II, recalled in 1963, as he did on several other occasions, that he had opposed using the atomic bomb on Japan during a July 1945 meeting with Secretary of War Henry Stimson: "I told him I was against it on two counts. First, the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing. Second, I hated to see our country be the first to use such a weapon."

^^^

Note the words completely unnecessary

Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote in his memoir The White House Years:
Note, that you link to wikipedia where this quote is not made.
So no opinion about that strategy was ever considered?
Come on man....I'm trying to take you seriously
You are not trying to take anybody serious, so you can quit your act.

If you wish to discuss what happened and why, that is fine, but that is not what you are doing, you are trying to twist your opinion into a fact with semantics.

Yes, dropping the atomic bomb was a strategy. No different then deciding to use a larger caliber of a bullet, or a larger artillery shell.

It is pretty obvious, that once Japan realized that we had a big fucking bomb, they would surrender.

Note, that you link to wikipedia where this quote is not made.

You are not trying to take anybody serious, so you can quit your act.

If you wish to discuss what happened and why, that is fine, but that is not what you are doing, you are trying to twist your opinion into a fact with semantics.

Yes, dropping the atomic bomb was a strategy. No different then deciding to use a larger caliber of a bullet, or a larger artillery shell.

It is pretty obvious, that once Japan realized that we had a big fucking bomb, they would surrender.
One should take good advice when making such decisions

It seems truman had none

Forum List

Back