The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

It is beyond hilarious that some clown posting here is so proud of himself for purchasing a book, as if this unbelievable accomplishment hasn’t been carried out billions and billions of times by others. This is clearly someone so desperate to role-play as a scholar but who is obviously a mere dilettante.

The justification for both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs was written throughout the entire Pacific Rim by the conduct of the Japanese themselves.

Starting with the unprovoked attack on Pearl Harbor, the horrific treatment of POW's, the grotesque behavior of Japanese soldiers and guards in Occupied territories, the maniacal behavior of Japanese soldiers throughout the war and beyond, the horrific policy decisions of Japanese commanders, to the rhetoric of Japanese political leaders in Japan, preparing for the inevitable land invasion, where women and children were being prepared to fight with - literally - sticks and stones, to the death.

This is a warped, inaccurate picture that seems to come straight from WWII-era anti-Japanese propaganda. I know you never will, but you should read at least two or three books that challenge this wartime propaganda.

f you had written these pathetic self-righteous bullshit essays in the '50's when WWII vets were still around, you would have been thrashed to within an inch of your miserable, ignorant lives.

This is sheer, militaristic ignorance. FYI, **many people** did publicly question the nuking of Japan soon after the war and in the two decades that followed, including a number of leading generals and admirals such as General Eisenhower, General MacArthur, Admiral Nimitz, Admiral Leahy, General Feller, General Clarke, and Admiral Halsey. Were they unpatriotic or guilty of dishonoring the war effort?

So your attempt to hide behind the flag and to invoke your warped version of "patriotism" while you endorse immoral militarism and the mass killing of tens of thousands of women and children falls flat on its face.

Actually the Nips lost the argument.

Clearly, anti-Japanese bigotry is alive and well in some quarters of America even in our day.

Maybe our next topic of discussion in this thread can be Truman's decision to launch a massive conventional bombing raid on Japan on August 14, after their surrender offer had been sent. But, that's okay, since they were only "Nips" after all, right?
You want me to thank the nips for attacking the USA

Where is that post?

Where is what post?

Duh

The justification for both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs was written throughout the entire Pacific Rim by the conduct of the Japanese themselves.

Starting with the unprovoked attack on Pearl Harbor, the horrific treatment of POW's, the grotesque behavior of Japanese soldiers and guards in Occupied territories, the maniacal behavior of Japanese soldiers throughout the war and beyond, the horrific policy decisions of Japanese commanders, to the rhetoric of Japanese political leaders in Japan, preparing for the inevitable land invasion, where women and children were being prepared to fight with - literally - sticks and stones, to the death.

This is a warped, inaccurate picture that seems to come straight from WWII-era anti-Japanese propaganda. I know you never will, but you should read at least two or three books that challenge this wartime propaganda.

f you had written these pathetic self-righteous bullshit essays in the '50's when WWII vets were still around, you would have been thrashed to within an inch of your miserable, ignorant lives.

This is sheer, militaristic ignorance. FYI, **many people** did publicly question the nuking of Japan soon after the war and in the two decades that followed, including a number of leading generals and admirals such as General Eisenhower, General MacArthur, Admiral Nimitz, Admiral Leahy, General Feller, General Clarke, and Admiral Halsey. Were they unpatriotic or guilty of dishonoring the war effort?

So your attempt to hide behind the flag and to invoke your warped version of "patriotism" while you endorse immoral militarism and the mass killing of tens of thousands of women and children falls flat on its face.

Clearly, anti-Japanese bigotry is alive and well in some quarters of America even in our day.

Maybe our next topic of discussion in this thread can be Truman's decision to launch a massive conventional bombing raid on Japan on August 14, after their surrender offer had been sent. But, that's okay, since they were only "Nips" after all, right?

Where is that post?

Where is what post?

Duh

The one where anyone ever asked you to thank Japan for attacking our naval base.

Where is that post?

Where is what post?

Duh

The one where anyone ever asked you to thank Japan for attacking our naval base.

The only problem with your Mother keeping you in the closet for that long, is that you got out.

However in case you forgot

nagasaki-nuclear-bomb-destruction-fat-man.jpg

Where is that post?

Where is what post?

Duh

However in case you forgot...

Forgot what?

And where is the post? You weren’t just lying, were you?

Where is that post?

Where is what post?

Duh

Forgot what?

This is the point where I could say that I wish I knew what you were babbling on about, however in fact I do not care. That said the fact that you feel some kind of win, is actually hysterical.

In fact, you are the winner, I could never hope to be in competition with a nip lover

Whatever labored, embarrassing arguments one can make for the nuking of Hiroshima cannot be made for the nuking of Nagasaki just three days later. From my article "Did We Really Need to Use the Atomic Bomb Against Japan?":

On August 9, 1945, just three days after we nuked Hiroshima, and before Japan’s leaders had sufficient time to process and respond to our nuclear attack on Hiroshima, we dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Nagasaki, which was home to Japan’s largest Christian population. The atomic bombing of Nagasaki was even more inexcusable than the nuking of Hiroshima. . . .

On August 9, we nuked Nagasaki, just three days after Hiroshima, and hours after the Soviets began to maul the Japanese army in Manchuria,, and while Japan’s civilian leaders were understandably absorbed with trying to process what had happened to Hiroshima and with responding to the Soviet attack in Manchuria. Surely Truman and other high officials knew that three days was not enough time for Japan’s government to formulate a formal response to the unprecedented use of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and to the Soviet invasion in Manchuria. Even McGeorge Bundy, who helped Henry Stimson write his defense of the atomic bombing of Japan, acknowledged that Truman was too quick to nuke Nagasaki:​

"It is hard to see that much could have been lost if there had been more time between the two bombs. . . . Such a delay would have been relatively easy, and I think right." (https://miketgriffith.com/files/immoraluse.pdf)
The Japanese were not even able to get a scientific team to Hiroshima until August 7, the day after the attack. Meanwhile, Japan's leaders were getting conflicting, fragmentary information about what had happened in Hiroshima. Some Army officials were telling the government that the bombing of Hiroshima was merely a very large conventional bombing raid, and they were suppressing information about the kinds of wounds that had been inflicted. There was no Internet back then, no fax machines, no Skype.

Surely it was obscene for us to nuke Nagasaki just three days, 72 hours, after we had nuked Hiroshima.
Well Mike, I believe that we have clashed on issues in the past, but I am with all the way on this. It was motivated by revenge and probably racism with no regard for human life or human decency.

Whatever labored, embarrassing arguments one can make for the nuking of Hiroshima cannot be made for the nuking of Nagasaki just three days later. From my article "Did We Really Need to Use the Atomic Bomb Against Japan?":

On August 9, 1945, just three days after we nuked Hiroshima, and before Japan’s leaders had sufficient time to process and respond to our nuclear attack on Hiroshima, we dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Nagasaki, which was home to Japan’s largest Christian population. The atomic bombing of Nagasaki was even more inexcusable than the nuking of Hiroshima. . . .

On August 9, we nuked Nagasaki, just three days after Hiroshima, and hours after the Soviets began to maul the Japanese army in Manchuria,, and while Japan’s civilian leaders were understandably absorbed with trying to process what had happened to Hiroshima and with responding to the Soviet attack in Manchuria. Surely Truman and other high officials knew that three days was not enough time for Japan’s government to formulate a formal response to the unprecedented use of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and to the Soviet invasion in Manchuria. Even McGeorge Bundy, who helped Henry Stimson write his defense of the atomic bombing of Japan, acknowledged that Truman was too quick to nuke Nagasaki:​

"It is hard to see that much could have been lost if there had been more time between the two bombs. . . . Such a delay would have been relatively easy, and I think right." (https://miketgriffith.com/files/immoraluse.pdf)
The Japanese were not even able to get a scientific team to Hiroshima until August 7, the day after the attack. Meanwhile, Japan's leaders were getting conflicting, fragmentary information about what had happened in Hiroshima. Some Army officials were telling the government that the bombing of Hiroshima was merely a very large conventional bombing raid, and they were suppressing information about the kinds of wounds that had been inflicted. There was no Internet back then, no fax machines, no Skype.

Surely it was obscene for us to nuke Nagasaki just three days, 72 hours, after we had nuked Hiroshima.
Well Mike, I believe that we have clashed on issues in the past, but I am with all the way on this. It was motivated by revenge and probably racism with no regard for human life or human decency.
It was motivated by the tiredness of war and motivated by the peace it created.

Brilliant!! Just fucking brilliant!!

Brilliant!! Just fucking brilliant!!

My Father fought with the Marines on Okinawa, so FUCK YOU

Summary: The battle of Okinawa, also known as Operation Iceberg, took place in April-June 1945. It was the largest amphibious landing in the Pacific theater of World War II. It also resulted in the largest casualties with over 100,000 Japanese casualties and 50,000 casualties for the Allies. This article gives an account of the 80 day plus battle for the Island of Okinawa which some have described as the “typhoon of steel”.

WW2 had to end, Japan would have been surrendered by little kids to small to kill themselves, nuking these crazy slant eyes saved who knows how many.

My Father is in one of these pictures, perhaps someday I will find the one, he will have a cigar butt hanging out of his mouth.
Wounded_5th_Marines_on_Okinawa_May_1945.jpg

5c9d2a6366535f28f1f035c305d017ea.png

Last edited:
You are totally, totally confused. The Togo-Sato cables are not talking about what the Japanese were offering to the Nationalists; they're talking about what the Japanese would offer to the U.S. to achieve a negotiated peace.
The Japanese had nothing to offer the USA as the cables factually state.
We will certainly not convince them with pretty little phrases devoid of all connection with reality

Japan had lost everything, Sato was angry with Togo, for offering what they knew they could not offer. Why? Why could they not offer the occupied lands? After losing Burma, the Phillipines, Okinawa, Guam, etc., why could the Japanese not offer any land for peace? As the cable makes clear?

There is no substance which established the Japanese were preparing to surrender in the cables. The cables do not say what the cherry picked original quote was made to seem.

If you think another part of the book makes your point, go ahead and quote that part of the book and we will see.

Until then, why don't you answer how long you think we should of waited between atomic bombs, your premise of this OP is three days was not enough. How many days would of been sufficient?

Although Suzuki publicly called for continuing the war until the bitter end, privately he was saying and doing just the opposite. Suzuki was chosen to be prime minister precisely because it was known that he supported ending the war as soon as possible via surrender.
Suzuki rejected the Potsdam declaration, a very stupid thing to do, for the rejection of the Potsdam declaration is exactly why the Atomic was dropped to end the War. Suzuki really screwed up.

Although Suzuki publicly called for continuing the war until the bitter end, privately he was saying and doing just the opposite. Suzuki was chosen to be prime minister precisely because it was known that he supported ending the war as soon as possible via surrender.
Suzuki rejected the Potsdam declaration, a very stupid thing to do, for the rejection of the Potsdam declaration is exactly why the Atomic was dropped to end the War. Suzuki really screwed up.
There were multiple reasons for the bomb being dropped
1. The losses in the last large battle of Okinawa
2. The fear that the Japanese would not surrender creating more Okinawa type losses
3. The belief that this weapon would both end this war and raise the standing of the USA
4. A message not only intended for Japan

Pearl Harbor wasn’t necessary either.
And that changes what exactly? You know what they say about two wrongs.

Dunno. I do know nuking Japan ended the war they started. Would this qualify as a right?

What many forget is that most of those affected in the pacific were not Japanese or Americans but third country non participants. Was it good to end the war as soon as possible? Of course

Well, how many days would of been enough time, between atomic bombs?
The first bomb confused the Japanese, nothing like this had ever happened before and they may have thought God was responsible because no weapon of war was anything like this previously

Where is that post?

Where is what post?

Duh

Forgot what?

This is the point where I could say that I wish I knew what you were babbling on about, however in fact I do not care. That said the fact that you feel some kind of win, is actually hysterical.

In fact, you are the winner, I could never hope to be in competition with a nip lover

So, you’re a racist douche who can’t support his claims or find the strength of character to admit when he’s full of shit.

Here we go again.................those judging history by the mentality of today.

Let's see ...........Japan attacked first.............yup.

Then got beat....................yup.

Got nuked to save GI's from dying on the Japanese mainland............yup.

So...........Oh well.

Forum List

Back