The NYPD Are Making Themselves Look Really Small With Their Anti-DeBlasio Antics

Oh how they hate the protest when it's AGAINST a Democrat Comrade

I think they should go out on a sick out then, they are going to get slammed for showing their disapproval of their nasty boss and his nasty remarks about THEM in a real PEACEFUL meaningful PROTEST
get their butts out of uniform and Protest like the rest of the citizens do, on the sidewalks or streets.

They don't have to. so sorry that bothers you all
They aren't "obligated" to DeBlasio. They work FOR US
You live in NYC? The poor Yankees....

I agree, the ones turning their backs are being childish and cocky son of a B's....

and so is their Union Head with his mouthing off...

They are stirring up trouble imho, instead of being what they are paid to be while in uniform, Peace Officers...

I expect it from every day numbskull protesters, but not from the supposed Peace Officers being paid by citizens.... and while in Uniform....

If they want to protest then take the Uniform off and go to the streets and protest, like the rest of us citizens have to do...and get a permit for it too! and make sure they don't block traffic or the Brooklyn Bridge :D

How much more peaceful of a protest can you get than to simply turn your back on the person you feel has wronged you?
In any other job, turning their backs when the CEO of their corporation walked in the room or public assembly, that would be insubordination and their ass would be grass and they would have lost their jobs...

true story!
This is different, though, and worse, IMO. The mayor is the elected representative of the people of NYC. Turning their backs on him is actually turning their back on the citizens of NYC. Which isn't exactly surprising since apparently quite a few cops up there have turned their backs on citizens.

I agree, the ones turning their backs are being childish and cocky son of a B's....

They are stirring up trouble imho, instead of being what they are paid to be while in uniform, Peace Officers...

I expect it from every day numbskull protesters, but not from the supposed Peace Officers being paid by citizens.... and while in Uniform....

If they want to protest then take the Uniform off and go to the streets and protest, like the rest of us citizens have to do...and get a permit for it too! and make sure they don't block traffic or the Brooklyn Bridge :D

How much more peaceful of a protest can you get than to simply turn your back on the person you feel has wronged you?
In any other job, turning their backs when the CEO of their corporation walked in the room or public assembly, that would be insubordination and their ass would be grass and they would have lost their jobs...

true story!
This is different, though, and worse, IMO. The mayor is the elected representative of the people of NYC. Turning their backs on him is actually turning their back on the citizens of NYC. Which isn't exactly surprising since apparently quite a few cops up there have turned their backs on citizens.

Wow...now THAT'S a stretch! Too bad the people of NYC overwhelmingly support the Police of NYC.

true story!

If a CEO created the rift between himself and his work force that De Blasio has over this issue he wouldn't be long for that job. You can't fire your entire workforce because they think you're an idiot. All you end up with is new people who don't know how to do the job who at some point will ALSO come to the conclusion that you're an idiot!
Don't count on that....Board Members and CEO's are in cahoots together....and Stock holders don't give a darn about employees either....

Those employees doing something like that would be gone...and in right to work states, there is NOTHING the employees that were insubordinate and lost their jobs could do about it.

Stockholders care about profits. Having to replace employees is one of the biggest "profit killers" there is, Care. It's expensive to train the replacements and you have to pay the unemployment on the people you've fired. If you are an executive of an organization that suffers from constant turnover due to firings then you are NOT going to be running a profitable organization and you WILL be fired.
I agree that it is costly to keep hiring new people, HOWEVER, I have worked in upper management for too many Corporations to KNOW that they would be fired....without blinking an eye....

What "they" are you referring to?
any insubordinate employee

true story!

Wow...now THAT'S a stretch! Too bad the people of NYC overwhelmingly support the Police of NYC.
If a CEO created the rift between himself and his work force that De Blasio has over this issue he wouldn't be long for that job. You can't fire your entire workforce because they think you're an idiot. All you end up with is new people who don't know how to do the job who at some point will ALSO come to the conclusion that you're an idiot!
Don't count on that....Board Members and CEO's are in cahoots together....and Stock holders don't give a darn about employees either....

Those employees doing something like that would be gone...and in right to work states, there is NOTHING the employees that were insubordinate and lost their jobs could do about it.

Stockholders care about profits. Having to replace employees is one of the biggest "profit killers" there is, Care. It's expensive to train the replacements and you have to pay the unemployment on the people you've fired. If you are an executive of an organization that suffers from constant turnover due to firings then you are NOT going to be running a profitable organization and you WILL be fired.
I agree that it is costly to keep hiring new people, HOWEVER, I have worked in upper management for too many Corporations to KNOW that they would be fired....without blinking an eye....

Well people should be glad they don't work for you. sheesh
You believe you own them

And I would once again make the point that replacing large numbers of your employees because they don't respect you as a leader would be a cost that your boss or bosses would place on your "balance sheet" as a CEO. At some point the question would be asked...is it more cost effective to fire all of these employees and train their replacements...or is it more cost effective to get rid of this Care person who can't seem to inspire loyalty?

That's not even addressing the near impossibility of firing a civil servant for doing something as minor as turning their backs on a supervisor as they walked by. Good luck on THAT wrongful termination lawsuit when it goes to trial!

I totally support the action of those police officers who chose to turn their back on this joke of a Mayor.

I totally support the action of those police officers who chose to turn their back on this joke of a Mayor.

Absolutely!! And it's not like I'm for all their actions if they are a bad. But this is the WAY to protest. I guess because they aren't out disrupting citizens lives by burning buildings, blocking of streets, taking over malls they are frowned on...

this thread is the DOUBLE standards the left

How are they helping the situation by vehemently, publicly and visibly defying their boss, the mayor of New York City?

They must think that the mayor should pander to their every whim, wish and demand. He doesn't work for the police department, he works the city at large.

Not to mention not setting a good example. They are only making things worse.

De Castrio ran on a "fuck the cops" platform ... so this is simply paybacks.

I'm wondering if the op has the same opinion of all the protestors who are actually disrupting shit?

It's amazing to watch liberals who saw no problem with Occupy Wall Street protesters blocking streets and bridges to voice their displeasure try to make turning one's back a HEINOUS crime!

true story!

So protesting Bush back in the day was turning your back on the people of the United States as a whole?

They looked pretty peaceful to me!

How are they helping the situation by vehemently, publicly and visibly defying their boss, the mayor of New York City?

They must think that the mayor should pander to their every whim, wish and demand. He doesn't work for the police department, he works the city at large.

They are making a great example of how to protest in a peaceful manner. They have showed no disrespect that have showed they know how to respect and obey the law.

They are making a great example of how to protest in a peaceful manner. They have showed no disrespect that have showed they know how to respect and obey the law.

All the while making a far more profound statement.

Wrong. DiBlasio is an asshole.

Forum List

Back