The Obama Boom

You are not really claiming that we have a booming economy...are you?
The longest streak of private-sector job growth on record continues, now at 70 straight months with 14.1 million new jobs over that time.
2% GDP growth. Slowest growth in history post war.
Obamanomics is a certified failure.
Link to the jobs bills that have originated in the House under Republican leadership.

You're dismissed, fool.
Why didn't Barrypuppet just sign an executive order? I don't have any use for repubs either but Barrypuppet is the face of the franchise of USA.INC, douche.....
You can't appropriate new funding by Executive Order, dumbass. That originates in the House.

Harry Reid had a stack of House bills passed under GOP leadership that sat on his desk over at the Senate. What you're looking for would have been be there, fool!
First of all, that's false. And the few bills sent over had poison pills or other ridiculous non-starters. And they were non-starters on purpose: House Republicans didn't want a chance of compromise.

Example:

On September 14, Republican Louie Gohmert introduced his own "American Jobs Act of 2011" into the House as H.R. 2911. The bill would repeal the corporate income tax.[35][36]

The longest streak of private-sector job growth on record continues, now at 70 straight months with 14.1 million new jobs over that time.
Link to the jobs bills that have originated in the House under Republican leadership.

You're dismissed, fool.
Irrelevant.
Obama had a filibuster proof Democrat majority for 2 years. He could and did pass anything he wanted. What we see today is the result of that legislation, plus his executive action.
Worst GDP growth, highest level of gov't dependence, stagnant economy. And now a looming recession.
Obamanomics is a gross failure.

Remember the left in this country....."Watch THIS hand - while they screw you with the other hand".

You're dismissed, fool.
Why didn't Barrypuppet just sign an executive order? I don't have any use for repubs either but Barrypuppet is the face of the franchise of USA.INC, douche.....
You can't appropriate new funding by Executive Order, dumbass. That originates in the House.
Wrong.
The subsidies for Obamacare for policies bought on the federal exchange were not part of the law. But Team Obama did it anyway.

You're dismissed, fool.
Wrong.
The subsidies for Obamacare for policies bought on the federal exchange were not part of the law. But Team Obama did it anyway.
A subsidy is not appropriations, dumbass.

Harry Reid had a stack of House bills passed under GOP leadership that sat on his desk over at the Senate. What you're looking for would have been be there, fool!
First of all, that's false. And the few bills sent over had poison pills or other ridiculous non-starters. And they were non-starters on purpose: House Republicans didn't want a chance of compromise.

Example:

On September 14, Republican Louie Gohmert introduced his own "American Jobs Act of 2011" into the House as H.R. 2911. The bill would repeal the corporate income tax.[35][36]

You're amusing, Synth! You maintain that Republicans didn't want a chance of compromise...yet it was Harry Reid...the Democratic leader of the Senate who tabled dozens of House bills...not even letting them come to the Senate floor for discussion let alone a vote! How do you get "compromise" when you have no discussions?

The truth is that while Democrats accused the GOP of obstructionism...the worst obstruction by a leader in the Congress that I've seen in my lifetime was being carried out by Harry Reid on a daily basis. If you don't like what's in a House bill then you debate it...you revise it...you vote on it...and then you attempt to reconcile your differences with the House. Harry Reid did NONE of those things.

Irrelevant.
After campaigning on the lack of jobs in 2010, it was not the responsibility of the Republican House to put forth a jobs bill that could pass both chambers and get signed by POTUS?

Why not?

Why is it the responsibility of Republicans ELECTED by the voters in 2010 to stop what Barry, Harry and Nancy were doing to pass legislation that met the "approval" of Harry Reid and President Obama? The only responsibility those GOP House members had is to the people who sent them to Washington. Why wasn't it the responsibility of Harry Reid and Barack Obama to accept the wishes of the American people and work with the GOP to pass a workable jobs bill?

And you STILL don't have an explanation for why the Obama Administration invented that new economic statistic "jobs created or saved"...do you Synth?

Irrelevant.
After campaigning on the lack of jobs in 2010, it was not the responsibility of the Republican House to put forth a jobs bill that could pass both chambers and get signed by POTUS?

Why not?
Congress doesnt create jobs. Businesses do. Or they would, if they werent saddled with the worst tax and regulatory regime since Louis XIV,

Irrelevant.

Why not?

Why is it the responsibility of Republicans ELECTED by the voters in 2010 to stop what Barry, Harry and Nancy were doing to pass legislation that met the "approval" of Harry Reid and President Obama? The only responsibility those GOP House members had is to the people who sent them to Washington. Why wasn't it the responsibility of Harry Reid and Barack Obama to accept the wishes of the American people and work with the GOP to pass a workable jobs bill?
And recall Harry Reid wouldnt allow any GOP bills to get through.

I suppose you are going to tell me that not allowing the completion of the XL pipeline didn't kill any jobs.

Congress doesnt create jobs.

...and scene!

Still running from my request for an explanation of why the Obama Administration had to come up with a new economic statistic "jobs created or saved", Synth? Why do you even bother coming here trying to argue economic policy when it's obvious that you're unable to hold up your end of the debate?

I suppose you are going to tell me that not allowing the completion of the XL pipeline didn't kill any jobs.

...and scene!
Do you think you've made some sort of point here?
Yes. Either the actions of the Congress result in an increase/decrease in jobs or they do not.

You wingnuts go talk it over and come to some sort of consensus.

Republicans are always wrong:

The Obama Boom

Do you remember the “Bush boom”? Probably not. Anyway, the administration of George W. Bush began its tenure with a recession, followed by an extended “jobless recovery.” By the summer of 2003, however, the economy began adding jobs again. The pace of job creation wasn’t anything special by historical standards, but conservatives insisted that the job gains after that trough represented a huge triumph, a vindication of the Bush tax cuts.

So what should we say about the Obama job record? Private-sector employment — the relevant number, as I’ll explain in a minute — hit its low point in February 2010. Since then we’ve gained 14 million jobs, a figure that startled even me, roughly double the number of jobs added during the supposed Bush boom before it turned into the Great Recession. If that was a boom, this expansion, capped by last month’s really good report, outbooms it by a wide margin.

Does President Obama deserve credit for these gains? No. In general, presidents and their policies matter much less for the economy’s performance than most people imagine. Times of crisis are an exception, and the Obama stimulus plan enacted in 2009 made a big positive difference. But that stimulus faded out fast after 2010, and has very little to do with the economy’s current situation.

The point, however, is that politicians and pundits, especially on the right, constantly insist that presidential policies matter a lot. And Mr. Obama, in particular, has been attacked at every stage of his presidency for policies that his critics allege are “job-killing” — the former House speaker, John Boehner, once used the phrase seven times in less than 14 minutes. So the fact that the Obama job record is as good as it is tells you something about the validity of those attacks.

What did Mr. Obama do that was supposed to kill jobs? Quite a lot, actually. He signed the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial reform, which critics claimed would crush employment by starving businesses of capital. He raised taxes on high incomes, especially at the very top, where average tax rates rose by about six and a half percentage points after 2012, a step that critics claimed would destroy incentives. And he enacted a health reform that went into full effect in 2014, amid claims that it would have catastrophic effects on employment.

Yet none of the dire predicted consequences of these policies have materialized. It’s not just that overall job creation in the private sector — which was what Mr. Obama was supposedly killing — has been strong. More detailed examinations of labor markets also show no evidence of predicted ill effects. For example, there’s no evidence that Obamacare led to a shift from full-time to part-time work, and no evidence that the expansion of Medicaid led to large reductions in labor supply.

So what do we learn from this impressive failure to fail? That the conservative economic orthodoxy dominating the Republican Party is very, very wrong.

*snip*

More at the link.

50% of Americans now make less than $30,000 a year. That isn't a "boom"...that's the sign that your economy is staggering along. That's what seven years of Barry has wrought.

You have to only understand that "success" as defined in Progressive Wonderland is ever increasing numbers of American dependent on the government. Fuck jobs, fuck everything... it's all about dependence.

...and scene!
Do you think you've made some sort of point here?
Yes. Either the actions of the Congress result in an increase/decrease in jobs or they do not.

You wingnuts go talk it over and come to some sort of consensus.
Aha. What we have here is a failure to comprehend.
My point is government cannot and does not create jobs. That is not the same as saying Congress' actions do or do not result in an increase in jobs. Congressional action frequently kills jobs, as we saw in the Keystone Pipeline debacle.
I realize this distinction is way too subtle for someone of your limited intelligence and education. But take my word for it. Or ask an adult.

Still running from my request for an explanation of why the Obama Administration had to come up with a new economic statistic "jobs created or saved", Synth?
Not running from anything. I don't know if what you are claiming is true or what your implications are. At some point every statistic was born.

You don't know whether the Obama Administration invented "jobs created or saved"? I think we both know that they did...and I think we both know that the only reason they would have had to do so was an attempt to hide from the American people how few jobs they had created with their stimulus. At some point every statistic is born, Synth and it's only common sense that in order for a new statistic to be created...there had to be a NEED that would be fulfilled by that statistic. In this case that NEED was the desire of the people in power to obscure the truth from the public by not using a rather concrete and long used economic statistic...jobs created...with something that was totally vague and almost impossible to verify...jobs created or saved.

I'm not "implying" anything here, Synth! I'm stating flat out that the Obama Administration came up with "jobs created or saved" to mislead the American public.

Now did you want to explain why the Obama Administration didn't attempt to mislead us? Or do you want to continue to run from the question?

Forum List

Back