The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the US government that brought the trial on. The parents are humans that were hurt and have a pain that will stay with them until the day they die. They loved their child like any parent would.

I'm very sorry they're unhappy, but let's be honest. They raised their son to be a violent, "cracker culture" thug. And judging by their behavior, they saw nothing wrong with that. Indeed, their behavior seems to indicate that they were offended by the idea that Trayvon was expected to behave in a more civilized fashion. You reap what you sow, and unhappiness is the harvest for those seeds.

I don't know if they raised him to be violent or not. I do know he was unsupervised when this even occurred. Having raised two myself, I know that it is imperative that adolescents not be left unsupervised to roam around at night. It isn't safe.

Insofar as he was only seventeen and he WAS a violent thug, I'd say it's safe to say they raised him that way. And certainly their behavior lends credence to that assumption.

My oldest son is seventeen, and he DOES NOT leave the house after dark unless he's in a car with an adult. Not even to run down the block to the Circle K.

UPDATE: 3:55 p.m.-- The Justice Department also released a statement Sunday on the Zimmerman verdict:

As the Department first acknowledged last year, we have an open investigation into the death of Trayvon Martin. The Department of Justice's Criminal Section of the Civil Rights Division, the United States Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation continue to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal investigation, as well as the evidence and testimony from the state trial. Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction, and whether federal prosecution is appropriate in accordance with the Department's policy governing successive federal prosecution following a state trial.​

Obama On George Zimmerman Verdict: 'Honor Trayvon Martin' By Stemming Gun Violence
I'm sure Obama's statement will go a long way toward stemming gun violence in his home town of Chicago. What a shameful act, using this kid's death as a platform.

If Zimmerman had listened to the dispatcher and/or announced to Martin who he was and why he was watching - Martin would have gone back to watching the game with his tea and Skittles.

First, acoording to the police call, Zimmerman complied with the dispatchers request to stop following Martin.

But he was within his rights not to.

You have a right to freedom of movement.

You do not have a right to unobserved freedom of movement in public areas.

You do not have a duty to announce your activities.

In fact announcing yourself as concerned citizen or neighborhood watch could MOTIVATE an attack, if the suspicious person you are following is indeed a criminal.

So not only not a duty, but not smart.

Martin was being followed by a strange man at night, in the rain, by a strange armed white man.

If he had a gun, he would have legitimate concern to shoot Zimmerman.

Trayvon didn't know that the Hispanic Democrat following him was armed.
If he shot Zimmerman, he'd be in jail, instead of idolized by idiot libs.

The only reason Martin would be in jail is because he would not have gotten the donations to pay his legal fees like GZ did. But why do you think the SPD would not have bought any story he handed them like Z did. There were no witnesses. He had no duty to retreat! He did not have t wait for Z to do something to him first! Perhaps the good ol boys down at the station would have just let him go like they did Zimmerman!

But why do you think the SPD would not have bought any story he handed them like Z did.

Trayvon didn't have a broken nose and cuts on his head, why would they believe he was justified in shooting some guy who followed him?

I still can't understand how exactly at least one black didn't get placed on the jury.
What does skin color have to do with anything ? Is it that you think no matter what the blacks will always side with the blacks because of skin color, and so you think that somehow this would have gave the prosecution a better chance somehow ?

A black jurist that believed in Trayvon would have made any pretending impossible.

There was a black woman on the jury.

Martin was being followed by a strange man at night, in the rain, by a strange armed white man.

If he had a gun, he would have legitimate concern to shoot Zimmerman.

Why?

He could make the same claim.

Oh wait..in Florida..if you are black..you are not allowed to defend yourself.

What's the difference between a claim backed by evidence and a claim backed by none? :cuckoo:

Man shoots other man, eye witness saw it.
Eye witness said ****** 27 times as a youth.
Eye witness can not be believed and we must acquit the defendant.
We have become a nation of village idiots.
You do not solve the social ills of a nation on race in the criminal courts.

If Trayvon had had a gun, he could have shot Zimmerman first, in self defense, on the suspicion that Zimmerman was the kind of white guy who would shoot an unarmed black kid.

Shoot somebody, on suspicion?

Is that your legal advice? :cuckoo:

In the spirit of the Fla. SYG laws I say DAMN RIGHT! If I suspect someone is about to do me harm, especially after STALKING me.. I would definitely consider shooting them, depending on where their hands are at the time I confront them. If the stalkers hands are in his waistband or in his/her pockets.... that to me is a clear and present danger!

In the spirit of the Fla. SYG laws I say DAMN RIGHT!

Forget the spirit of the SYG, show me the actual words that support your fantasy.

If Zimmerman had listened to the dispatcher and/or announced to Martin who he was and why he was watching - Martin would have gone back to watching the game with his tea and Skittles.

First, acoording to the police call, Zimmerman complied with the dispatchers request to stop following Martin.

In fact announcing yourself as concerned citizen or neighborhood watch could MOTIVATE an attack, if the suspicious person you are following is indeed a criminal.

Let me make it real simple: Zimmerman called the cops and should have stayed in his truck until they arrived.

The only reason Martin would be in jail is because he would not have gotten the donations to pay his legal fees like GZ did. But why do you think the SPD would not have bought any story he handed them like Z did. There were no witnesses. He had no duty to retreat! He did not have t wait for Z to do something to him first! Perhaps the good ol boys down at the station would have just let him go like they did Zimmerman!

But why do you think the SPD would not have bought any story he handed them like Z did.

Trayvon didn't have a broken nose and cuts on his head, why would they believe he was justified in shooting some guy who followed him?

Zimmerman had a broken nose?

Anyone got xrays?

Let me make it real simple: Zimmerman called the cops and should have stayed in his truck until they arrived.

Let's make it even more simple.

He had no legal responsibility to do that.

If you can prove that he did...show me.

Why?

What's the difference between a claim backed by evidence and a claim backed by none? :cuckoo:

What the heck are you talking about?

If the roles were reversed and it was Martin playing wannabe cop..you can bet he'd be on death row.

Last edited:
OK, I've said my piece. Read the rest of the article cited in the original post, it is very insightful, IMO.

I've had enough Zimmerman for a lifetime.

Hope this ends the legal prosecution and persecution of George Zimmerman...time will tell.

Goodnight........................................
smiley_sleepblanket.gif

Last edited:
Amazing how people leave out the fact that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and was beating him to a pulp.

Here's the thing about being beaten to a pulp.

That generally means you are going to need more than a bandaid and peroxide wipe.

not necessarily. At least your coming around to the idea that Trayvon was punching Z out. The head is dangerous place to be hit. Fighters have died from blows to the head that only bled internally.

Zimmerman was never in any danger of losing his life. From start to finish the entire incident lasted 7 minutes. The fight maybe lasted a minute. 15 seconds after Martin was blasted in the chest, the police arrived.

Why?

What the heck are you talking about?

If the roles were reversed and it was Martin playing wannabe cop..you can bet he'd be on death row.

If the roles were reversed, GZ wasn't beating on Martin.

Here's the thing about being beaten to a pulp.

That generally means you are going to need more than a bandaid and peroxide wipe.

not necessarily. At least your coming around to the idea that Trayvon was punching Z out. The head is dangerous place to be hit. Fighters have died from blows to the head that only bled internally.

Zimmerman was never in any danger of losing his life. From start to finish the entire incident lasted 7 minutes. The fight maybe lasted a minute. 15 seconds after Martin was blasted in the chest, the police arrived.

takes less than a minute to break a neck ( no blood ) or knock him out---trust me---I'mnot going to allow anyone to knock me out either. Are you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back