The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[

Not interested in the facts, are you? You just want Zimmerman found guilty, regardless.
Again, you have proven yourself being a nut with what you post, Joe.
This isn't a open and shut case, the prosecution hasn't done a very good job with it's presentation and possibly because it isn't an open and shut case and has left a lot of openings for the defense.
As for the young lady, she was uncoachable and had changed her story on a few occasions.....that probably will hurt the prosecution's case. That isn't racism, those are facts and don't confuse the two.
If Zimmerman is guilty, it should be beyond any reasonable doubt, and that hasn't happened yet.
It bothers me that you are sure he's guilty before all the facts are on the table. All for the sake of being fair, when in fact, your being the opposite.

I'm sure he's guilty because Trayvon is dead. I mean, it really doesn't get any simpler than that. There's no reasonable doubt about that. Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman killed him.

Because Florida let the gun nuts write the gun laws. That's why we have "reasonable doubt".

And frankly, if the defense strategy is to humiliate a black girl in front of an all-white jury, I'm afraid for the consequences of that.

Absolutely.

Which is basically why the defense, and conservatives in general must "get into the weeds" with this, and introduce things that have NOTHING to do with the events that transpired that night.

Please, Meister. He is guilty of stalking the kid,

Totally false. Stalking is a crime. What Zimmerman did was not sufficient to constitute stalking under Florida law. If it was, the Prosecutor would have charged it. If it was, and pursuant to Florida law, he would be charged with 1st degree murder not 2d degree murder.

This means there are two possibilities:

1.) You are a legal wizard with knowledge and expertise far beyond the capacity of the special prosecutor and the prosecution should hire you as chief legal advisor and consultant in this case;

2.) You do not have a clue.

I think I will choose the 2nd option.

Or option three.

Florida is a fucked up racist state with really screwed up laws.

I'll go with that one.

I'm going to cut our deplorable Ed System some slack on this one.

They can't teach kids who don't want to learn. They can't overcome culture.

It's the culture of the Inner City that flies in the face of the norm in America.

They don't WANT to learn, they are not interested. They don't WANT to learn proper English, they are too defiant.

And the sick part is, the scumbags who claim to care about them inhibit them the most by apologizing for them and making excuses for them.

'Jive' used to be African-American slang... People, it's becoming it's own language. Like Creole (which is her home language). People in the Inner Cities speak 'Jive', they revel in it, and they don't care if you can't understand them. In fact, they enjoy it.

It's almost as bad as kids speaking in -pig-latin except that -- It's not a game.

Language IS culture.

At her age, I had already graduated high school. My literacy level was leagues above and beyond those of whom I graduated with (save a small few). The education system worked for me because the money was there for me to learn on. I was funded. The money in inner cities is being wasted on frivolity, not spent on the kids. That's no excuse for how Chantel acted.

The United States spends more per student than any Country in the World besides Switzerland.

And kids like Chantel are the result.

Star Witness Against Zimmerman Flops Big Time

ff6d4c5058345cb0356e0da0e37999c1_M.jpg

The prosecution’s “star witness” against former neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman, accused of murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, endured an embarrassing grilling both inside the Florida courtroom and in the national media. From potentially incriminating social-media posts publicized by reporters to major gaffes during her testimony, Rachel Jeantel, 19 (shown), has sparked even more criticism of what legal experts say appears to be an overzealous bid to convict Zimmerman regardless of the evidence supporting his claims of self-defense. "

I have been kind of busy. So, I haven't closely followed the circus -- err -- trial of George Zimmerman.

But I have gotten a little tiny fraction of the way caught up and now I have to ask for the consensus view:

Does anybody still think that the State of Florida has a legitimate case at this point?

Yeah yeah. It aint over and sometimes things can turn around. I grant that.

But given the DEFENSE slant to the testimony of the State's own star witnesses, so far, is the burden of proof now simply insurmountable in all probability?

I ask because that's pretty much how it looks to me at this point barring something truly unexpected happening.

The proverbial fat lady is not yet warbling, but she is tuning up.

Or option three.

Florida is a fucked up racist state with really screwed up laws.

I'll go with that one.

If so, you would have to extend that to just about every state in the Union as such actions by Zimmerman would not constitute a crime under any of them.

You're kidding, right?

In NYC he wouldn't have even been allowed to keep a gun in his house.

He beat up his former fiancée and hit a cop.

Well for sure, many kids these days can't make change for a dollar without a computer telling them how much to count out. . . .many kids cannot tell time from anything other than a digital watch/clock or by reading the time on their computer or cell phone. . . .so it logically follows that kids are no longer taught penmanship and how to read and write in cursive. But the real kicker came when she said "creepy assed cracker" and "******" aren't racist terms. It has been interesting watching the Martin family's attorney now seeming to back pedal on this trial being about 'racism'.

As for that 'cursive' letter? The purpose was to show that she did not write the letter sent to Trayvon's mother after the shooting. The letter described what she allegedly heard on a phone call with Trayvon just before he was shot. Now folks, I don't care how much you hate Zimmerman, but that is an important piece of evidence introduced into the trial that the defense rightfully made an effort to impeach.

Last edited:
I'm sure he's guilty because Trayvon is dead. I mean, it really doesn't get any simpler than that. There's no reasonable doubt about that. Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman killed him.

A person is not guilty of a crime if the action is either justified or excused. However, you do not care about the facts.[/QUOTE

True but you cannot justify acting as law enforcement when you're not. You cannot justify using deadly force in response to a punch in the face. Did Trayvon throw the first punch? Probably. So what? It still doesn't justify Zimmerman going where he should not have gone. Nothing more to say. The fact that I hear the prosecution isn't pressing that point leads me to believe they are losing on purpose. Not sure why but it is quite obvious this is an open and shut case. It hinges on only one thing. Did he have the legal right to do what he did? No. End of story.

-Jeri

You're kidding, right?

In NYC he wouldn't have even been allowed to keep a gun in his house.

He beat up his former fiancée and hit a cop.

The crime of stalking has absolutely nothing to do with keeping a gun in your house.

:lol:

You miss the point.

In New York, Zimmerman would never have been allowed to have a gun.

You miss the point, the issue is stalking and not the ownership of a gun and you are wrong. Zimmerman would be allowed to have a gun in NY

Zimmerman & the HOA lost the $million+ civil suit to the Martin family because he created the dangerous situation. But Zimmerman acted properly in the fight & shooting. Zimmerman was not harming Martin. Zimmerman clearly indicted he had given up. Zimmerman was retreating. Martin irrationaly escalated the beating of a subdued & retreating person. By law you can shoot even if you started the fight.

He didn't "act properly" at all. He wasn't a Law Enforcement Officer and there are laws against following and menacing others. Most Neighborhood Watch Folks are cautioned against patrolling armed as well, for obvious reasons. He had zero standing to do what he did when he got out of his car and followed a frightened kid. And it seems that he didn't have the proper training to handle the situation.

It's also becoming more and more clear that he had an agenda. And that agenda was to hunt and kill a human being.

That is just plain stupid, even by your standards. If his intention was to kill, why didn't he act before he was nearly incapacitated? Why did he call out for help?

NO concusion, no hospital stay, small scratches on his head.

The crime of stalking has absolutely nothing to do with keeping a gun in your house.

You miss the point.

You miss the point, the issue is stalking and not the ownership of a gun and you are wrong. Zimmerman would be allowed to have a gun in NY

No, he absolutely would not be allowed to have a gun.

New York actually does do background checking.

Well for sure, many kids these days can't make change for a dollar without a computer telling them how much to count out. . . .many kids cannot tell time from anything other than a digital watch/clock or by reading the time on their computer or cell phone. . . .so it logically follows that kids are no longer taught penmanship and how to read and write in cursive. But the real kicker came when she said "creepy assed cracker" and "******" aren't racist terms. It has been interesting watching the Martin family's attorney now seeming to back pedal on this trial being about 'racism'.

As for that 'cursive' letter? The purpose was to show that she did not write the letter sent to Trayvon's mother after the shooting. The letter described what she allegedly heard on a phone call with Trayvon just before he was shot. Now folks, I don't care how much you hate Zimmerman, but that is an important piece of evidence introduced into the trial that the defense rightfully made an effort to impeach.

It actually is important.

It shows that Martin thought the many following him was creepy and crazy.

And he was trying to get away.

Does anyone remember the picture of the object on the ground that was taken by the black guy? There was no mention of what it was, what was done with it, who it belonged to, whether it was taken in for examination, etc. It looked like a switchblade knife to me. I can't find any pic of it online. Dose anyone else remember this picture? Did the police overlook a piece of evidence showing that Trayvon was armed?

I was thinking Zimmerman's key chain. the one with the small flashlight, but that was said to be turned on.

I can't find the pic online, but that could just be my not knowing how to search for it.

You miss the point.

No, he absolutely would not be allowed to have a gun.

New York actually does do background checking.

Yes he absolutely would. And Florida has a background check as well

I have been kind of busy. So, I haven't closely followed the circus -- err -- trial of George Zimmerman.

But I have gotten a little tiny fraction of the way caught up and now I have to ask for the consensus view:

Does anybody still think that the State of Florida has a legitimate case at this point?

Yeah yeah. It aint over and sometimes things can turn around. I grant that.

But given the DEFENSE slant to the testimony of the State's own star witnesses, so far, is the burden of proof now simply insurmountable in all probability?

I ask because that's pretty much how it looks to me at this point barring something truly unexpected happening.

The proverbial fat lady is not yet warbling, but she is tuning up.

The state's witnesses have, in fact, turned out to be witnesses for the defense.
court.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back