The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
??
Every now and then I hear--'The jury will consider lesser charges such as manslaughter which are included in the 2nd degree murder charge...'

True, but every element of the lesser included charge must be proved by the prosecution including disproving self defense beyond a reasonable doubt. You get a conviction for a lesser included charge when an element of 2nd deg murder such as "hatred" is not proved beyond a reasonable doubt, but the crime of manslaughter which is identical to 2nd deg murder but without the element of "hatred" is proved.

Saying he hit him squarely in the heart through dumb luck is stretching credibility beyond limit. Like I said, nothing is absolute. That has to be weighed along with all the evidence.

Being "close" and shooting locked in a struggle would mean he'd get hit in the stomach or leg.

Looks like you do not know anatomy at all

shooting from a close distance almost guarantees hitting the heart if one knows where it is located :D

most concealed carry permit holders do know where

If some of this stuff comes in, then Zimmerman's history comes in, too. Then it's a new kind of trial. Mudslinging.

I heard yesterday that they were only going to beat up on Trayvon if the prosecution went at GZ's history and GZ's history of violence hadn't been introduced.

I think they have to give him some time simply because he killed the kid and there is some reasonable doubt. How much? Depends on how the jury is taking all the testimony.

:cuckoo:

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.” - Abraham Lincoln

I thought Charlie Brown said that - ??

I am not old enough to know for sure.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt . -- George Eliot

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.-- Abraham Lincoln (also attr. Confucius)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. -- Bible, 'Proverbs' 17:28.

Maybe even quoted by Oscar Wilde, George Bush, Silvan Engel, Lisa Simpson & now you say Charlie Brown.

Last edited:
Saying he hit him squarely in the heart through dumb luck is stretching credibility beyond limit. Like I said, nothing is absolute. That has to be weighed along with all the evidence.

Being "close" and shooting locked in a struggle would mean he'd get hit in the stomach or leg.

shooting from a close distance almost guarantees hitting the heart if one knows where it is located :D

And Trayvon knew that which explains why he was screaming.

In your scenario, Zimmerman knows he's going to fire a fatal shot. Then why the hell would GZ be screaming at that exact second? It doesn't make any sense.

I heard yesterday that they were only going to beat up on Trayvon if the prosecution went at GZ's history and GZ's history of violence hadn't been introduced.

The prosecution didn't go into Z's history, but the defense is trying to go into Trayvon's history right now.

So that means right now they are "opening the door" for Z's history. Otherwise this would be against trial procedure.

he has been on the stand already

They were out of tasty court water in the pitchers today.

Undo witness stress.

did i miss much today

Um

The prosecution needs to buy their witnesses from the place the defense gets them.

"gun med expert" kicked the crap out of Bernster - or possibly Bernster kicked the crap out of himself. Bernster changed the prosc story and said the tree beat up Z. D witness laughed at Shipping because a forensic ME is supposed to never leave the dead man that cannot walk's body, it's his responsibility. Plus you could understand what he was saying and his "demos"

Neighbor witness in bed sick on Skype (black) testified to 911 begin Z and charactered Z being a nice guy yet again from a (black) nice lady neighbor.

Hearing hearing hearing
OH!
Napoleon the City Manager (not short but very hostile at being called to the stand for the politics he helped start) testified to 911 being played in Mayor's office - started touching on the politics thing.

Can't remember what else, I'm numb and poked an eardrum out at 6:30

Last edited:
:cuckoo:

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.” - Abraham Lincoln

I thought Charlie Brown said that - ??

I am not old enough to know for sure.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt . -- George Eliot

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.-- Abraham Lincoln (also attr. Confucius)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. -- Bible, 'Proverbs' 17:28.

Do not believe all the quotes you read on the Internet ~ Abraham Lincoln - 1863

True that, Abe. My Wikipedia page is loaded with bullshit quotes ~ George Washington - 1776

The prosecution didn't go into Z's history, but the defense is trying to go into Trayvon's history right now.

So that means right now they are "opening the door" for Z's history. Otherwise this would be against trial procedure.

little chance of that the state has already rested

Too bad didn't warn M that he had a gun. All he had to do is say, "I've got a gun." I M continued to fight, shoot. If not, he saved a life. The cops were already on the way.

All he had was a bloody nose and a couple cuts on his head.

And Trayvon knew that which explains why he was screaming.

In your scenario, Zimmerman knows he's going to fire a fatal shot. Then why the hell would GZ be screaming at that exact second? It doesn't make any sense.

Trayvon was not screaming. It was Z screaming. Trayvon was busy pounding Z's head to the concrete and Z was able to use his gun in self-defense.
You can not scream and do something with your hands?
Z was screaming FOR HELP. He reached for his gun as he did not want to die and help wasn't coming anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back