The Only Black GOP Senator senator delivers speech on policing and race

Sorry Flacal- I don't think you are being entirely honest here.

First of all this is news because he is a black Senator speaking of his experiences as a black man.
Secondly this is significant as a GOP black senator because he is a conservative who is speaking against the conservative meme that calls the Black Lives Movement 'racist'.

Finally- why doesn't anyone want to actually address what Senator Scott said?

Over the course of a year in office, the 50-year-old Republican Senator says he was stopped seven times, the “vast majority” of which were for “nothing more than driving a new car in the wrong neighborhood or some other reason just as trivial.” He also detailed the similar experiences of his brother, a sergeant major in the U.S. army, and one of his former staffers.

“I have felt the anger, the frustration, the sadness and the humiliation that comes with feeling like you’re being targeted for nothing more than being just yourself,” Scott said, according to Politico. “Recognize that just because you do not feel the pain, the anguish of another, does not mean it does not exis
t.”

Why doesn't anyone want to acknowledge what he actually said of his own personal experiences?

I think ALL reasonable folks acknowledge the value of what he said WITHOUT taking sides in a race baiting exercise. It's just YOU guys who are all amazed and taking cheap shots like in the title. AND love the race baiting as a byproduct. Good for your political corporation...

Who is 'you guys'?

Here is one of the gems in this thread from Willow
Now the bum knuckle turds think it's white privileges to walk down a sidewalk. Too funny.

Nobody has actually talked about what Senator Scott said- or the value of what he said. Not you. Not Willow.

You want to talk about 'cheap shots' because the title says 'the only black gop senator'? By USMB standards that is hardly a 'cheap shot'- it is entirely accurate- and it is relevant.

The very first response was Willow- who has done nothing but race bait this entire thread.

So why doesn't anyone want to talk about the content of what Senator Scott said?

Do you believe that he has experienced targetting because of his race?

Do you believe that his experience is relevant in the current discussion of race in the United States?

U guyz? Why the race baiting corporation known as the Dem Party. Weren't they suppose to have SOLVED this shit like about 40 years AGO? U guyz still waiting for them to get off their fat asses and FIX IT? U guyz are pretty damn gullible.

I bought it all. Sincerity, Insight and emotionally. Didn't use it as a weapon did he?

I believe it's the general ineptness and incompetence of Govt services that cause an undue burden on poor and minority communities. When they SCREW UP warrants and arrests. When they HARASS folks with life-ruining fines and sentences. A $250 car towing or a FALSE warrant can literally end the economic survival of a LOT of folks and send into an unresponsive and uncaring system of "justice".

The libertarian in me says that govt ought to be PUNISHED when they chronically fuck up people's lives due to ineptness and DontgiveaCrap attitudes. But YOUR blessed DNC and BLM actors take to streets and declare.

WHAT DO WE WANT?

----- - MORE GOVT.

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

---- NOW !!!

More layers of official oversight ROT. THat's what you been given. The watchers to watch the watchers.
And you're still buying that shtick after 40 years?

How stupid is it to jump to the conclusion that the only problem is "the pigs" and bias?

I am confused. What post are you replying to?

Because your post has nothing to do with my post.

Here is what my post that you hit 'reply' to said:

Who is 'you guys'?

Now the bum knuckle turds think it's white privileges to walk down a sidewalk. Too funny.

Nobody has actually talked about what Senator Scott said- or the value of what he said. Not you. Not Willow.

You want to talk about 'cheap shots' because the title says 'the only black gop senator'? By USMB standards that is hardly a 'cheap shot'- it is entirely accurate- and it is relevant.

The very first response was Willow- who has done nothing but race bait this entire thread.

So why doesn't anyone want to talk about the content of what Senator Scott said?

Do you believe that his experience is relevant in the current discussion of race in the United States?

And my post still stands. You still are not talking about the content of what Senator Scott said.

You have gone off on some bizarre tangent about the Democratic Party and 'race baiting'.

You want to talk about whether we need more government or less government- well go ahead and start a topic on that.

You want to rant about how much you hate the DNC and Black Lives Matter- well go ahead and start a thread on that- that will just be another of the dozens of those started by the RWNJ' here every day.
You dearie do not want to talk about race relations unless we talk about it your way. .

LOL- I am not your dear.

This thread is about the speech of Senator Scott.

You refuse to talk about what Senator Scott said.

Why are you so terrified of addressing what Senator Scott said?

I commented. You quoted it and asked for a comment

Didn't see a comment on my post #69.. Tho I must have made a bunch of single minded race baiters very uncomfortable with what i said. Because I love them funnies. Means they were speechless.

Well certainly Willow Tree and the other right wing race baiters seem to be avoiding your post as much as you avoid the content of Senator Scott's speech.

Didn't see a comment on my post #69.. Tho I must have made a bunch of single minded race baiters very uncomfortable with what i said. Because I love them funnies. Means they were speechless.

Well certainly Willow Tree and the other right wing race baiters seem to be avoiding your post as much as you avoid the content of Senator Scott's speech.

I addressed the content of his STATEMENT. Not really a speech is it? Told you I accepted his cred, his honesty and everything he said. But -- He did not actually say much about solutions -- did he? YOU want to leap to conclusions and put words in his mouth. Go ahead. What do you think he wants to do about it?

I TOLD you it's a multi-dimensional problem With it's roots in a callous and brutally inept system. And that exposure to the justice system in ANY manner can easily break the life of person living on the edge of survival.

I've done more than you have. And I'm not reading stuff that isn't really there. Not from Scott. Not from BLM.

I think ALL reasonable folks acknowledge the value of what he said WITHOUT taking sides in a race baiting exercise. It's just YOU guys who are all amazed and taking cheap shots like in the title. AND love the race baiting as a byproduct. Good for your political corporation...

Who is 'you guys'?

U guyz? Why the race baiting corporation known as the Dem Party. Weren't they suppose to have SOLVED this shit like about 40 years AGO? U guyz still waiting for them to get off their fat asses and FIX IT? U guyz are pretty damn gullible.

I bought it all. Sincerity, Insight and emotionally. Didn't use it as a weapon did he?

I believe it's the general ineptness and incompetence of Govt services that cause an undue burden on poor and minority communities. When they SCREW UP warrants and arrests. When they HARASS folks with life-ruining fines and sentences. A $250 car towing or a FALSE warrant can literally end the economic survival of a LOT of folks and send into an unresponsive and uncaring system of "justice".

The libertarian in me says that govt ought to be PUNISHED when they chronically fuck up people's lives due to ineptness and DontgiveaCrap attitudes. But YOUR blessed DNC and BLM actors take to streets and declare.

WHAT DO WE WANT?

----- - MORE GOVT.

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

---- NOW !!!

More layers of official oversight ROT. THat's what you been given. The watchers to watch the watchers.
And you're still buying that shtick after 40 years?

How stupid is it to jump to the conclusion that the only problem is "the pigs" and bias?

I am confused. What post are you replying to?

Because your post has nothing to do with my post.

Here is what my post that you hit 'reply' to said:

Who is 'you guys'?

And my post still stands. You still are not talking about the content of what Senator Scott said.

You have gone off on some bizarre tangent about the Democratic Party and 'race baiting'.

You want to talk about whether we need more government or less government- well go ahead and start a topic on that.

You want to rant about how much you hate the DNC and Black Lives Matter- well go ahead and start a thread on that- that will just be another of the dozens of those started by the RWNJ' here every day.
You dearie do not want to talk about race relations unless we talk about it your way. .

LOL- I am not your dear.

Because dear, you guys always refuse to address the blacks who do not say this is their experience and you call them names. Why are you so afraid to admit that?

There is just one question after listening to Senator Scott. Does this justify targeting and murdering cops? Yes or no.

There is just one question after listening to Senator Scott. Does this justify targeting and murdering cops? Yes or no.
Of course not.

And another question just as valid: After listening to Senator Scott, does this justify putting ketchup on hotdogs? Yes or No.

Of course not.

And another question just as valid: After listening to Senator Scott, does this justify putting ketchup on hotdogs? Yes or No.
No, the next question is, why are blacks targeting and killing police officers? Who taught them that this was okay? How have they bettered their situation?

13718542_1571591983143072_6268626592749607945_n.jpg

Did someone teach whites it was ok to shoot cops?

Stopped 7 times in one year? Must be a bad driver

Asked for his ID? Mustve been looking shady

Calls from Supervisors apologizing? Must've been a "pressured" apology

I think that covers most of it

And I have been stopped about 40 times, which proves NOTHING.

Except maybe I should take the rifle down from the back window....

Senator Scott feels picked on, and he guesses its because he is black.

Maybe its because he ignores some traffic laws habitually?

The point is no one knows why he got stopped so much, and it is purely bullshit to jump to the conclusion it is solely because he is black.

But the real crisis in the black community is not cops killing blacks or issuing too many tickets. IT is the unremitting gang warfare that leaves hundreds of black men dead month after month after month and you lying posturing pieces of shit have not one damned thing to say about that because you are too busy trying to scare blacks back into a herd voting Democrat since it is an election year..

13718542_1571591983143072_6268626592749607945_n.jpg

Did someone teach whites it was ok to shoot cops?

No, but Black Lies Matter is applauding and encouraging people to kill more.

Apparently thats white people. 70%
Whats your fucking point, Nimrod?

Black Lies Matter does not patricularly care who is killing the cops nor their race. They just want pigs in a blanket fried like bacon.

70% of cops are shot by whites. Why arent whites taking their advice for blacks and stop this?

70% of cops are shot by whites. Why arent whites taking their advice for blacks and stop this?
Our advice, to engage in your racial nonsense, is to obey the cop as instructed and show respect.

How do you figure we are not doing that overall?

What percentage of whites are killing cops? I am sure it isnt even 1%, doofus.

Our advice, to engage in your racial nonsense, is to obey the cop as instructed and show respect.

How do you figure we are not doing that overall?

What percentage of whites are killing cops? I am sure it isnt even 1%, doofus.

Then why ya'll shooting so many cops?

I addressed the content of his STATEMENT. Not really a speech is it? Told you I accepted his cred, his honesty and everything he said. But -- He did not actually say much about solutions -- did he? YOU want to leap to conclusions and put words in his mouth. Go ahead. What do you think he wants to do about it?.

When have I put words in Senator Scott's mouth?

Senator Scott delivered a speech on policing and race. So far this thread has essentially been an exercise in partisanship with people trying to avoid both the words- and the general content of what Senator Scott said.

Here is more by Senator Scott- and it is thoughtful- and not one dimensional or partisan as most of the posts in this thread have been.

This has been an incredibly trying, tragic week for our entire nation. Seven families are mourning the loss of their loved ones, and our country feels like it is fraying.

It is clear - we must have tough conversations. We must put ourselves in each other’s shoes.

I first want to address each of the events of the past week individually. In Baton Rouge, Alton Sterling's children are mourning the loss of their father. Their heartbreaking press conference showed us all the human toll that these shootings truly take.

In Minnesota, Philando Castile died live…live on Facebook. The firsthand account of this event, and the video thereafter, is truly shocking. Having to hear a 4-year-old girl try to comfort her mother...it is almost impossible to put into words the emotions that image conveys.

These two deaths are the latest in a troubling trend of disturbing videos involving law enforcement and black men. We experienced this in my hometown of North Charleston last year, and I could not be more proud of the way our community came together. Protests were peaceful, voices were heard and the healing continues.

Then, last night, after police and protesters peacefully interacted throughout the night, came a devastating ambush in Dallas. Twelve police officers shot, five dead. There is absolutely no rationale for targeting law enforcement, and these actions are truly reprehensible.

Even during the tragedy, we saw the heroism of our brave law enforcement officers as they helped people to safety. We mourn the loss of these officers last night, and we are all praying for Dallas today.

Reacting to violence with violence will only lead to more heartache. As Dr. Martin Luther King Junior said, “returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.”

We cannot, will not, let hate win. We have bridges to cross, but we cannot allow madmen to widen the divide.

America is a beautiful portrait of diversity, and part of that picture is understanding how our neighbors see the world. I’ve often described our nation as a patchwork quilt. These patches are black and white; red and brown; woven together by this notion of freedom and love.

We have to look within ourselves to find the resources necessary to treat others as we would have them treat us.

My prayers are with every one of these mourning families today. Let's honor their memories by finding the solutions that need to be found.

God Bless our great nation

[
I TOLD you it's a multi-dimensional problem With it's roots in a callous and brutally inept system. And that exposure to the justice system in ANY manner can easily break the life of person living on the edge of survival..

Yes- you have blamed government for everything.

And you ignore everything brought up by the black community, including Senator Scott.

Forum List

Back