The only laws that will disarm criminals, is a TOTAL BAN, followed by confiscation

Makes you wonder why the 56% of the society are not murderous felons as the NRA suggests is the direct result of video games and violent movies. Somehow--only US citizens seem to be susceptible to the effects of violent media though.

What does this have to do with gun affordability?

Most countries that has poverty.....really do live in poverty and don't have access to video games....unlike the US

Europe doesn't have access to video games and movies? Canada doesn't? Japan doesn't? China doesn't? Australia doesn't?

As for the affordabilty question, you may as well make the absurd statement that "most houses can afford refrigerators so they can afford guns" or "most people have cars so they can afford guns".

Or perhpas you can insinuate I beat my spouse again--real classy.

With my yes, no question, I was only showing how absurd your question was...not implying anything other than that.
You were the poster who brought up the affordability of a gun....I just showed that a gun WAS affordable to most.
I guess I didn't understand your rabbit trail with the correlation between video games and gun violence with the youth. You might want to google that, interesting read that might surprise you.

What does this have to do with gun affordability?

Most countries that has poverty.....really do live in poverty and don't have access to video games....unlike the US

Europe doesn't have access to video games and movies? Canada doesn't? Japan doesn't? China doesn't? Australia doesn't?

As for the affordabilty question, you may as well make the absurd statement that "most houses can afford refrigerators so they can afford guns" or "most people have cars so they can afford guns".

With my yes, no question, I was only showing how absurd your question was...not implying anything other than that.
Yeah...sure. Must admit I was surprised and saddened. Mans' game I guess.:(

You were the poster who brought up the affordability of a gun....I just showed that a gun WAS affordable to most.
You've done neither actually; just showing the price of a parallel purchase without considering things like bullets, licenses, etc... And the relatively single-ended purchase of an X-box versus the arms race (will a cheap .25 cal really protect you)?

I guess I didn't understand your rabbit trail with the correlation between video games and gun violence with the youth. You might want to google that, interesting read that might surprise you.

Wayne LaPierre:

8. “There exists in this country, sadly, a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells and stows violence against its own people through vicious and violent video games.”

Read more: 10 top quotes from NRA?s Wayne LaPierre - Bobby Cervantes - POLITICO.com

Yet only American kids seems susceptible to doing violence after playing those games--and you guys are saying that the 2nd Amendment and almost laughable ease of acquisition of repeating arms has NOTHING to do with it?

There's a simple and straight to the point reason why banning guns wont keep them out of the hands of criminals:

Criminals by definition don't follow the law.

It would have to be bigger than it is now, and it would require changing the 2nd amendment to do anything about it.

Right now 19k of the 32k are suicides, and I don't give a rats ass about those.

Yes...you covered that already.
Give us a number to where you think we should change the way we do business... 30,000? 50,000? 100,000?

Well?

What is the point where we change the way we do business? Is it okay at 25,000 deaths but 25,001 is too many????

The number would be determined by the point you get 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the states to repeal or modify the 2nd amendment.

Guns have another purpose? What is it?

The usual liberals know the answer to this question quite well, of course. They're only hoping there's someone out there who DOESN'T know it, so they can fool him into believing the liberals have any kind of sensible argument to make.

If all law-abiding adults were allowed to carry a gun, most of them still wouldn't bother. But a few would.

And a criminal who's thinking about mugging somebody, raping them, robbing a store etc., knows that. And he knows that, even though most people don't carry, there's still a pretty good chance that someone in the crowd probably has a gun. And he has no idea who.

But he knows a bullet may come from an unexpected direction, at any time, as he does his robbery or rape or whatever. And he has no way to defend against it.

A few truly insane whackos might go ahead and do it anyway. But a great many of them will simply never bother to rob the store or whatever he was planning to do. Some might even eventually find a different line of work.

And all without a shot being fired.

The biggest advantage of universal carry by law-abiding citizens, is that many crimes will simply never happen, that would have happened if not for the universal carry. Even though most people still don't bother carrying.

They have CHLs available in Texas and Arizona, right? Yet you can still compare city murder rates in those states to those of countries. Doesn't seem as though the threat of instant death is much of a deterrent. Maybe it would be greater if it wasn't....
Again, how many of those deaths occur among gangbangers shooting other gangbanger, criminals shooting other criminas, suicides etc.? Where they already know the other guy has a gun, and/or don't care about dying? For normal people in normal neighborhoods, universal concealed carry is and always has been the best route to safety... even though most of them won't bother, as I said.

Still if guns were not in the equation; it would be safer still.
How do you plan to take guns out of "the equation"? You still haven't answered this question.

Makes you wonder why the 56% of the society are not murderous felons as the NRA suggests is the direct result of video games and violent movies. Somehow--only US citizens seem to be susceptible to the effects of violent media though.

makes you wonder why only .000024 guns ever commits a murder when gun grabbers tell us the only purpouse of a gun is to kill

Guns have another purpose? What is it?

The usual liberals know the answer to this question quite well, of course. They're only hoping there's someone out there who DOESN'T know it, so they can fool him into believing the liberals have any kind of sensible argument to make.

If all law-abiding adults were allowed to carry a gun, most of them still wouldn't bother. But a few would.

And a criminal who's thinking about mugging somebody, raping them, robbing a store etc., knows that. And he knows that, even though most people don't carry, there's still a pretty good chance that someone in the crowd probably has a gun. And he has no idea who.

But he knows a bullet may come from an unexpected direction, at any time, as he does his robbery or rape or whatever. And he has no way to defend against it.

A few truly insane whackos might go ahead and do it anyway. But a great many of them will simply never bother to rob the store or whatever he was planning to do. Some might even eventually find a different line of work.

And all without a shot being fired.

The biggest advantage of universal carry by law-abiding citizens, is that many crimes will simply never happen, that would have happened if not for the universal carry. Even though most people still don't bother carrying.

Guns can be used to kill?
Absolutely. That has allowed me to hunt and help feed my own and other families. I consider that a good thing.
It has allowed me to defend myself, my Nation and others from human and animal threats. I consider this a good thing.
I have enjoyed participation in the shooting sports as well as the collection and trading of firearms.
I do not agree that overall reduction of the number of firearms in America is a desirable goal. Infringement of my Constitutional rights is itself criminal. You don't foil criminals by becoming one.
Increasing the cost of firearms may keep them out of the hands of poor people; not criminals.

Yeah...sure. Must admit I was surprised and saddened. Mans' game I guess.:(

You've done neither actually; just showing the price of a parallel purchase without considering things like bullets, licenses, etc... And the relatively single-ended purchase of an X-box versus the arms race (will a cheap .25 cal really protect you)?

Wayne LaPierre:

8. “There exists in this country, sadly, a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells and stows violence against its own people through vicious and violent video games.”

Read more: 10 top quotes from NRA?s Wayne LaPierre - Bobby Cervantes - POLITICO.com

Yet only American kids seems susceptible to doing violence after playing those games--and you guys are saying that the 2nd Amendment and almost laughable ease of acquisition of repeating arms has NOTHING to do with it?

would you be willing to stand on the receiving end of a .25 cal to find out if it will really protect someone?

Yes...you covered that already.
Give us a number to where you think we should change the way we do business... 30,000? 50,000? 100,000?

Well?

What is the point where we change the way we do business? Is it okay at 25,000 deaths but 25,001 is too many????

The number would be determined by the point you get 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the states to repeal or modify the 2nd amendment.

Quit dancing...I'm asking you. At what point do you start caring?

Well?

dancing? he recited the law. the law is the wa it is to prevent reactionary radicals like yourself from changing it to suit your whims

How do you plan to take guns out of "the equation"? You still haven't answered this question.

Well....??

candycorn seems to be very reluctant to answer this question.

I wonder why?

(Did somebody mention "dancing"? :D)

I detailed the plan like 4 times. Here are the bullet points.

Make guns more expensive to keep to drive up costs and lower demand. This will reduce the pool of weapons over time...one or two generations.

Sentence criminals to mandatory minimums if they use/brandish a firearm during a crime. This reduces crime which reduces the demand even more.

Create a government/industry partnership where responsible gun ownership and parental supervision is stressed. Similar to what we did with cigarettes.

dancing? he recited the law. the law is the wa it is to prevent reactionary radicals like yourself from changing it to suit your whims

He said "it would have to be more than it is now" before he thinks anything is wrong (he copped to over 10,000 deaths being not enough).. [MENTION=23094]martybegan[/MENTION] was asked how many and has gone away.

He said "it would have to be more than it is now" before he thinks anything is wrong (he copped to over 10,000 deaths being not enough).. [MENTION=23094]martybegan[/MENTION] was asked how many and has gone away.

the number of deaths does not matter because guns are not the issue. focus on the problem, not your agenda

Well....??

candycorn seems to be very reluctant to answer this question.

I wonder why?

(Did somebody mention "dancing"? :D)

I detailed the plan like 4 times. Here are the bullet points.

Make guns more expensive to keep to drive up costs and lower demand. This will reduce the pool of weapons over time...one or two generations.

Sentence criminals to mandatory minimums if they use/brandish a firearm during a crime. This reduces crime which reduces the demand even more.

Create a government/industry partnership where responsible gun ownership and parental supervision is stressed. Similar to what we did with cigarettes.

So the plan is:

1.) Increase taxes.
2.) Duplicate laws that are already on the books.
3.) Increase taxes even more.

Great idea.

How will any of these affect criminals who don't obey your laws and usually steal their guns or get them on the black market?

Well?

Again, when enough people care that 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the states vote to repeal or modify the 2nd amendment.

It's called having a life shit for brains.

Someone else posted a good point below. If it comes to the point where the number is significant, it won't be the guns, it will be the breakdown of society. At that point laws wouldn't matter, and only idiots would not be armed.

the number of deaths does not matter because guns are not the issue. focus on the problem, not your agenda

What difference does it make? Right Secretary Clinton?

It's called having a life shit for brains.

Someone else posted a good point below. If it comes to the point where the number is significant, it won't be the guns, it will be the breakdown of society. At that point laws wouldn't matter, and only idiots would not be armed.

Well, now that you're back from your "life", what is the number? At what point do you start to admit we have a problem...

Forum List

Back