The only people who continue to promote wind/solar are those who are ignorant of basic physics. Only nuclear can produce the levels of energy we need

I don't know, but I do see the glass as half full. I believe trail and error, innovation, other stuff is happening even now.

That all fine and dandy until that error leads to 1st world countries experiencing brown outs and people not being able to buy any cars anymore because new ICE vehicles are banned, used ones cost more than new ones did, and they live in apartment buildings and thus don't have access to their own charger, and charging takes over 1/2 an hour, unlike filling as gas tank.

That all fine and dandy until that error leads to 1st world countries experiencing brown outs and people not being able to buy any cars anymore because new ICE vehicles are banned, used ones cost more than new ones did, and they live in apartment buildings and thus don't have access to their own charger, and charging takes over 1/2 an hour, unlike filling as gas tank.
I don't see that future. I'm no prepper material

I don't see that future. I'm no prepper material

You don't have to be prepper for that is they keep adding electrical demand without adding enough supply, and reliable supply at that. This isn't a random disaster, this is government willfully not thinking things through due to ideology.

And the banning new ICE vehicle sales is socioeconomic issue, not a technological one, although the tech issue makes the bans seem kind of wishful thinking now 10 years or so away from them.

You don't have to be prepper for that is they keep adding electrical demand without adding enough supply, and reliable supply at that. This isn't a random disaster, this is government willfully not thinking things through due to ideology.

And the banning new ICE vehicle sales is socioeconomic issue, not a technological one, although the tech issue makes the bans seem kind of wishful thinking now 10 years or so away from them.
Why aren't power companies adding more whatever?

Is it the government's job to provide energy?

And I see your ideology kicked in at full speed

Why aren't power companies adding more whatever?

Is it the government's job to provide energy?

And I see your ideology kicked in at full speed

They are removing fossil based power (as well as Nuclear) and replacing it with ??????

Maybe because government regulations as being imposed by the current administration make it non cost effective to add more of the reliable type? They are all in on wind and solar, and keep forgetting about baseline and the needed storage for intermittent sources.

Sorry, but the left's ideology is what's getting us into this issue in the first place, and it goes back to my original point, these are ideas people, not make it work people, and they don't really like the make it work people.

They are removing fossil based power (as well as Nuclear) and replacing it with ??????

Maybe because government regulations as being imposed by the current administration make it non cost effective to add more of the reliable type? They are all in on wind and solar, and keep forgetting about baseline and the needed storage for intermittent sources.

Sorry, but the left's ideology is what's getting us into this issue in the first place, and it goes back to my original point, these are ideas people, not make it work people, and they don't really like the make it work people.
It's your ideological framing that gives you so little credibility here.

Sorry. Everything is not ideologically driven. Viewing climate change and attempting to deal with it is not ideology, but attacks on doing anything are.

Even Big Oil is planning for the fossil fuels lose market share. They will diversify while ideologues like you cry.

It's your ideological framing that gives you so little credibility here.

Sorry. Everything is not ideologically driven. Viewing climate change and attempting to deal with it is not ideology, but attacks on doing anything are.

Even Big Oil is planning for the fossil fuels lose market share. They will diversify while ideologues like you cry.

No, it's your dismissal of anyone who DOESNT THINK JUST LIKE YOU that makes you think that I am not credible when discussing tech, macro-economics, and policy realities.

My view on AGW is simple, I would rather deal with the natural consequences as they occur than hand more power to a bunch of Watermelons to let them do things that may or may not help but will definitely lower my standard of living.

They pay lip service, like all large corporations, because they are cowards and think placating the left will let them be eaten by the crocodile last.

Last edited:
No, it's your dismissal of anyone who DOESNT THINK JUST LIKE YOU that makes you think that I am not credible when discussing tech, macro-economics, and policy realities.

My view on AGW is simple, I would rather deal with the natural consequences as they occur than hand more power to a bunch of Watermelons to let them do things that may or may not help but will definitely lower my standard of living.

They pay lip service, like all large corporations, because they are cowards and think placating the left will let them be eaten by the crocodile last.

It isn't what I think. I can only based views and opinions on what experts in fields say. I cannot and do not pretend to be an expert current or retired, on most things. Most of the credible expert's I've met, known, and no of have no spare time to spend on anonymous, wed message boards. I do not suggest some people here are more knowledgeable or schooled in certain fields than I'd ever be, as I on;y g with what personally interests me.

"What is the AGW theory?
Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) | Causes, Effects ...

Anthropogenic global warming is the name given to the rise in average global temperatures that is primarily attributed to human activity. Global warming is caused by the build-up of greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere. These gases form a "blanket" around Earth that traps energy from the sun."

I see your view on it as being far too simplistic. If you tryly worried about any standard of living, you'd be very worried about what AGW is causing to economies.

The weird arguments about Large corporations kneeling to some unnamed, anonymous Left is just that -- weird.

It isn't what I think. I can only based views and opinions on what experts in fields say. I cannot and do not pretend to be an expert current or retired, on most things. Most of the credible expert's I've met, known, and no of have no spare time to spend on anonymous, wed message boards. I do not suggest some people here are more knowledgeable or schooled in certain fields than I'd ever be, as I on;y g with what personally interests me.

"What is the AGW theory?
Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) | Causes, Effects ...

Anthropogenic global warming is the name given to the rise in average global temperatures that is primarily attributed to human activity. Global warming is caused by the build-up of greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere. These gases form a "blanket" around Earth that traps energy from the sun."

I see your view on it as being far too simplistic. If you tryly worried about any standard of living, you'd be very worried about what AGW is causing to economies.

The weird arguments about Large corporations kneeling to some unnamed, anonymous Left is just that -- weird.

Experts are good for explaining how things work in detail, but they shouldn't be automatically accepted as being unquestionable when deciding why to do things or if to do things.

Sorry, but Humans adapt, that's what we do. I simply don't trust those in power to be truthful about all this or to have my best interests at heart.

Back to you being unable to deal with those who think differently than you.

Forum List

Back