The Perception of Cheating is the Real Danger to Democracy

My Dad voted for Joe Biden.

It was very disappointing. He would have NEVER done so while he was alive.

ONE party, the democrat Reich, spends millions to stop the purge of dead voters from registration rolls.

Why do you think that is? Why do democrats demand that dead people remain registered, and then send ballots to all registered voters, without any sort of request or verification?

You know full well why, as do I.
Hearing voices again??

A new national telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports and The National Pulse finds that 52% of Likely U.S. voters believe it is at least somewhat likely that cheating affected the outcome of the 2020 presidential election, including 36% who think it is Very Likely. Forty-three percent (43%) don’t believe it’s likely cheating affected the 2020 outcome, including 30% who say it’s Not At All Likely. These findings are similar to previous surveys in May and March. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Fifty percent (50%) of voters think it is at least somewhat likely there will be widespread cheating that will affect the outcome of this fall’s congressional elections, including 24% who say it’s Very Likely. Forty-one percent (41%) don’t believe cheating is likely to affect the November midterms, including 22% who say it’s Not At All Likely.

Voters remain skeptical of the integrity of vote-by-mail. Fifty-eight percent (58%) think it’s at least somewhat likely that wider use of mail-in voting will lead to more cheating in elections, including 39% who say it’s Very Likely. Thirty-six percent (36%) don’t believe mail-in voting is likely to lead to more cheating, including 16% who say it’s Not At All Likely. In October 2021, 65% said wider use of mail-in voting would lead to more cheating in elections.

It is relatively easy, compared to landing a man on the moon, or getting a vaccine developed and approved in a matter of months, or winning a war against both Germany and Japan's military machines, to ensure election security. The steps demanded by people concerned about cheating are pretty simple: Photo ID to register, photo ID to vote, and no absentee ballots except in limited and tightly controlled situations like military service, would easily address the concerns of voters who now wonder whether their vote even matters any more.

If the Democrat care so much about Democracy, they would demand the same thing. Especially an honest Dem who honestly believes that there is no significant cheating by Dems. If a Dem believes that, they should be willing to tighten up election security as you suggest so that confidence in Democracy is restored.

Suppose there is no widespread cheating. There is no way to prove that, since cheating is by nature furtive, and little to no resources are spent in catching it. But just suppose that the majority of Americans are wrong, and that in the reality that they don't know, there is very little cheating and what little there is on both sides cancel each other out.

It is not impossible that this is the reality. Perceptions can be wrong.

But . . . there is at this moment in time widespread perception of cheating and that is just as dangerous to Democracy, if not more so.

It's not just Trump cultists who are concerned about cheating:

Asked which is more important in elections, 59% say making sure there is no cheating is more important, while 38% say making it easier for everybody to vote is more important. Those findings are almost unchanged from May.

Seventy-six percent (76%) of Republicans, 37% of Democrats and 64% of voters not affiliated with either major party think it’s more important to make sure there is no cheating in elections. Sixty percent (60%) of Democrats, 20% of Republicans and 33% of unaffiliated voters say making it easier for everybody to vote is more important.

If large chunks of the country lose interest in democracy as a way to affect change because they believe in the old meme, "if voting mattered, they wouldn't let us do it," they are not just going to passively accept their fate of being ruled by corrupt elites. They are going to look for ways outside of democracy to free themselves. That is the danger.

It is easy enough to vote. The above numbers show that more than half the Republicans and Democrats combined think it is more important to make sure there is no cheating than to make voting easier. With that kind of support for eliminating cheating, it should be an easy decision to take on a relatively easy mission.
TL;DC

Never said I was. I am not against picture ID. Been the standard here in TN for years. Needs to be a Federal requirement, but you guys couldn't pull off even a little red wave on a midterm, so that ain't happening.
Still, we've just come through an election and no time like today for the Red States legislatures to pass their own laws requiring photo ID, so Republicans would have room to talk.
It will stop democrat cheating and then you'll see a red tidal wave.

Oh I did defend my position. You’re just an emotional bitch and you’re too upset to understand.

Go cry yourself to sleep. You have another 2 years of sadness to deal with.
:rofl:

No, you posted idiotic talking points from one of the hate sites that do you thinking for you, I shredded them, because they are astoundingly lame, and now you're melting down.

You were presented evidence of election fraud by several members - which you ignored and continued posting moronic hate points from whatever hate site does your thinking.

Not only did you fail to address even a SINGLE bit of the presented evidence, it's clear you never even follow the links or read the points presented to you.

You have no interest in facts, you want to push the agenda of your Reich. You don't think, you don't consider, you don't debate. You merely vomit out what your Reich programs in you.

You're worthless, a mindless hack.

:rofl:

No, you posted idiotic talking points from one of the hate sites that do you thinking for you, I shredded them, because they are astoundingly lame, and now you're melting down.
You didn’t shred anything. You just whined like a little bitch because that’s exactly what you are.

You’re upset that the courts don’t think your “evidence” is credible enough to go over because it isn’t. It’s just whining crybabies, like you, throwing a hissy fit because you’re upset that you lost.

Does that make you sad? Good. I‘m glad it does. Cry for me you little bitch.

You didn’t shred anything. You just whined like a little bitch because that’s exactly what you are.

You’re upset that the courts don’t think your “evidence” is credible enough to go over because it isn’t. It’s just whining crybabies, like you, throwing a hissy fit because you’re upset that you lost.

Does that make you sad? Good. I‘m glad it does. Cry for me you little bitch.

Courts have to review evidence to find it credible or not credible.

When courts refuse to review evidence, it's simply the breakdown of the rule of law - which is precisely what you and your party seek.

Courts have to review evidence to find it credible or not credible.

When courts refuse to review evidence, it's simply the breakdown of the rule of law - which is precisely what you and your party seek.
The lack of credibility is exactly why they’re not going into it.

You have no case. You just have your whining temper tantrum and you’re going to whine baseless conspiracy theories no matter what if you don’t get your way.

Any time you lose an election, you guys whine that it’s fraud. Grow up, crybaby.

The lack of credibility is exactly why they’re not going into it.

Got it.

If the enemy party presents something - ignore it and rule it inadmissable.

Seig Heil.

You have no case. You just have your whining temper tantrum and you’re going to whine baseless conspiracy theories no matter what if you don’t get your way.

Ah, but you're an idiot as well as a partisan hack.

Your Reich crushed the rule of law for a year, but your totalitarian grip began to slip in 2022. And what was the result?

This is why you shut down the courts to enemies of your Reich - when facts are considered, you lose. So you make SURE evidence is suppressed and justice is denied.

Any time you lose an election, you guys whine that it’s fraud. Grow up, crybaby.

Stop engaging in fraud.

Seriously.

The real danger to democracy is when people figure out (how they haven't figured it out yet is beyond me) that the FPTP system is inherently bad and doesn't give democratic results.
Waiting weeks for the results of a simple midterm election would make anyone suspicious especially when a big state like Florida can deliver voting results on election night.

Got it.

If the enemy party presents something - ignore it and rule it inadmissable.

Seig Heil.
Conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories. I would expect nothing more from you whiny bitches.

If you lose an election, it has to be because of election fraud. If you lose a court case, it has to be because the courts are run by Nazis. You stupid bitches can’t accept the reality that you lost the election and your evidence is underwhelming.

There’s no reasoning with you people. You’re sad little crybabies and I am loving all of the tears coming from you pathetic children. This couldn’t happen to a more deserving group of pieces of shit.

Cry for me you little bitch.

Conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories.

Yeah, that doesn't work.

A theory is something that isn't proven.

It is a FACT that courts refused to consider cases for a year.

It's speculation that fear of reprisal by the fascist democrats was the reason - but that the halls of justice were slammed shut for a year is irrefutable fact.

I would expect nothing more from you whiny bitches.

If you lose an election, it has to be because of election fraud. If you lose a court case, it has to be because the courts are run by Nazis. You stupid bitches can’t accept the reality that you lost the election and your evidence is underwhelming.

There’s no reasoning with you people. You’re sad little crybabies and I am loving all of the tears coming from you pathetic children. This couldn’t happen to a more deserving group of pieces of shit.

This is why I say you're a mindless hack.

No facts, no argument - just 3rd grade schoolyard taunts.

Fuck off now, you're worthless.

Conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories on top of conspiracy theories. I would expect nothing more from you whiny bitches.

What I will do for you is to wash your mouth out with cleaning fluid. It needs it. You love the “bitch” word which usually excites the 14 year olds. You use it because you are immature and undeveloped and have no other method to “express” yourself.

Forum List

Back