The political spectrum

The mistaken understanding of what a word means isn’t a “grammar” issue. It’s more of a literacy issue.

politics of anarchy is a contradictory term.

There are no politics in an anarchistic society since politics is defined as the art and science of government and there is no government in an anarchistic society.

There are no politics in an anarchistic society since politics is defined as the art and science of government and there is no government in an anarchistic society.
There are corporate politics galore...Are corporations governments?

There are corporate politics galore...Are corporations governments?

Yes there are ancillary definitions but the most common refers to government.

No government no politics.

Wrangling for position in some corporation cannot apply because corporations are legal entities that cannot exist in an anarchistic society because there are no laws to define them.

Yes there are ancillary definitions but the most common refers to government.

No government no politics.

Wrangling for position in some corporation cannot apply because corporations are legal entities that cannot exist in an anarchistic society because there are no laws to define them.
This the same Webster's that just changed the definions of "woman" and "anti-vax"?

Your don’t get it. I know what anarchy is supposed to be. My point, and I’m shocked you aren’t grasping it, is relatively straightforward.

You have a great apple tree. You make your living off of the selling of apples. But in an anarchical society, you have no way to enforce your own property rights. So others can (and would) simply march unto your land (as if you could even have a valid claim to ownership of land) and take several bushels of your apples (come now; “your” apples?) denying you the right to use and sell them despite your own sweat and toil in growing them.

Anarchy is a fucking stupid pipe dream. And I do mean opium.

Your don’t get it. I know what anarchy is supposed to be. My point, and I’m shocked you aren’t grasping it, is relatively straightforward.

You have a great apple tree. You make your living off of the selling of apples. But in an anarchical society, you have no way to enforce your own property rights. So others can (and would) simply march unto your land (as if you could even have a valid claim to ownership of land) and take several bushels of your apples (come now; “your” apples?) denying you the right to use and sell them despite your own sweat and toil in growing them.

It is a pipe dream. But that doesn't mean it can't happen. Very few people think it would work in the US at present. I don't think we'll see anything like it for at least a century, probably many more than that. I might never happen.

The point is, libertarians think government should be as small and unobtrusive as possible. So talking about how small and unobtrusive it can actually be is an interesting topic of conversation. In the meantime, we at least try to push back on the people who want every goddamned thing to be decided by the state.

I'm an anarchist. All it means to me, is that I do not see the need for leaders. Why other people think that we need them is beyond me.

It is a pipe dream. But that doesn't mean it can't happen. Very few people think it would work in the US at present. I don't think we'll see anything like it for at least a century, probably many more than that. I might never happen.

The point is, libertarians think government should be as small and unobtrusive as possible. So talking about how small and unobtrusive it can actually be is an interesting topic of conversation. In the meantime, we at least try to push back on the people who want every goddamned thing to be decided by the state.
I find I actually agree with a good portion of your second paragraph.

I'm an anarchist. All it means to me, is that I do not see the need for leaders. Why other people think that we need them is beyond me.
I think ts fantasy to deny that some leadership is necessary.

Example: good architect meets with land owner to design and supervise the construction of a building (say a high quality hotel). As a general rule, architects supervise a construction company and the various construction company departments have their own leadership. Without the coordination of those leaders, lots of construction crew members would be hard pressed to coordinate shipments and so forth in order to do the construction job.

Leadership comes in a variety of shades and colors and jobs. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the leader is a better person.

Heck, I’m not even sure you utilize the same definition of “leader” as other people do.

I think ts fantasy to deny that some leadership is necessary.

Example: good architect meets with land owner to design and supervise the construction of a building (say a high quality hotel). As a general rule, architects supervise a construction company and the various construction company departments have their own leadership. Without the coordination of those leaders, lots of construction crew members would be hard pressed to coordinate shipments and so forth in order to do the construction job.

Leadership comes in a variety of shades and colors and jobs. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the leader is a better person.

Heck, I’m not even sure you utilize the same definition of “leader” as other people do.
I'm talking about leaders of nations. Your Cub Scout architects don't apply.

Most people want to be slaves. They don't acknowledge that, of course, but that's the role they willingly fill. They like living in captivity, letting someone else call the shots for them.

I'm talking about leaders of nations. Your Cub Scout architects don't apply.
Well, first you didn’t delimit what you meant by leaders.

Secondly, I did t say anything about the cub scouts.

Thirdly, if you think a nation doesn’t demand leaders, then your grasp on what a nation consists of comes into serious doubt. It’s tragic that people like you are also allowed to vote.

Well, first you didn’t delimit what you meant by leaders.

Secondly, I did t say anything about the cub scouts.

Thirdly, if you think a nation doesn’t demand leaders, then your grasp on what a nation consists of comes into serious doubt. It’s tragic that people like you are also allowed to vote.
I didn't feel the need to delimit down to leading Thanksgiving Grace.

I called your architect leaders out on being at the Cub Scout level as far as importance.

I vote blue in the red state of Texas. Don't worry about my grasp, nor my vote.

The way to enforce property rights would be to hire a private army to defend your property. Or be such a great leader that armed men flock to you. Of course pretty soon you have warlords who try to control more and more property which leads to government. See, for example, Somalia.

I suggest reading up on crowd psychology. Mobs lack any semblance of reason. However, a mob will follow a leader so it's important have have leaders of good character who will take charge of mobs and channel their energy to worthwhile causes. Individuals may, or may not, need leaders, but crowds absolutely do.

I suggest reading up on crowd psychology. Mobs lack any semblance of reason. However, a mob will follow a leader so it's important have have leaders of good character who will take charge of mobs and channel their energy to worthwhile causes. Individuals may, or may not, need leaders, but crowds absolutely do.
I guess since I'm not a crowd, to the point of no one even wanting to be like me, your analysis falls flat. How can a crowd even have a psychology?

I'll tell you how: The admiring crowd gets it's thoughts from the leader, which is why I don't like them.

Forum List

Back