The Politics Of Inflation

Who said I'm a conservative?

Oh yeah. The voices in your head.

zzz

Oh, we know you aren't conservative. That is rather obvious. Funny though, your stated policy opinions do more closely align with Republicans. It is quite a strange dichotomy.

Last edited:
correct, Xiden and Harris went to war on the working class....now if Harris gets to continue she will put price controls on food....like in Venezula....and we will be breaking into zoos for food
I have more than enough food on my property. My concern is that more hungry people will be in the US. The result is never pretty and it has been exacerbated by illegal immigration from the third world.

Oh, we know you are conservative. That is rather obvious. Funny though, your stated policy opinions do more closely align with Republicans. It is quite a strange dichotomy.
There are people across the political spectrum who feel the same way I do. From conservatives to independents.

Some things are more important than the issues. I didn't realize that until 2016.

I don't expect you to understand.

um....https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-08-13/cargill-s-revenue-declines-almost-10-from-record-levels

Cargill Revenue Declines as Trader Struggles With Profit Targets​

Cargill Profit Drops 43% From Record High​

• US crop trader’s annual net income falls 43% to $3.81 billion
  • A decline in meat business and higher costs eroded earnings

So weird you used Cargill as an example....they have been slammed big time by Xiden and Harris inflation
So now they are making the 4th highest profit in their 156 year history.

So now they are making the 4th highest profit in their 156 year history.
Weird:

Cargill revenues dip in fiscal 2024​

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA, US — Cargill recorded $160 billion in revenues in fiscal year 2024, which ended May 31, down from $177 billion in fiscal 2023, amid an “extremely challenging" marketplace, according to the company’s annual report released Aug. 13.

Brian Sikes, chairman, president and chief executive officer, noted ongoing challenges facing the global food system from disruptions caused by conflict, changing demographics, and volatile economic and environmental conditions. He said a growing global population will add 500 million people by 2030 and require the food system to produce up to an additional 50 million tonnes of agricultural commodities per year.

Yeah, inflation is totally under control but current high prices are due to price gauging. People need to stop and think about this. It doesn't make sense. They've also spent years telling us that high prices were due to supply chain issues from the pandemic and wars around the world. Now, all of a sudden, high prices are due to price gauging. None of it adds up if you think about it. They're counting on people not thinking about it.
Why is big business so stupid to only discover price gouging now? Why didn't they do it under Trump?

Some things are more important than the issues. I didn't realize that until 2016.

I don't expect you to understand.

Finally, you admit it. The most important things are the issues. Bottom line. Full stop. Selling out your country by putting the issues on the back seat in favor of a personality conflict is borderline insane.

I fully understand, but I am an adult and not a child. I grew out of the "vote for the cool kid" sometime in middle school. I also live in the real world where issues and policies directly affect me and are far more important than some mean tweet that hurts some somebody's feelings.

Last edited:
I thought the new Harris arugment was the price gouging is what caused the record inflation...ie the prices to rise.
Inflation was caused by Republicans who think they can print, borrow & spend without inflation within 2 years. But they always do it & blame the next guy.

Inflation was caused by Republicans who think they can print, borrow & spend without inflation within 2 years. But they always do it & blame the next guy.
when a republican was in the white house he handed Xiden and Harris an avg inflation rate of 1.2%

when a republican was in the white house he handed Xiden and Harris an avg inflation rate of 1.2%

Idiot - money printing inflation doesn't show up when republicans crash the economy & destroy millions of jobs.

As soon as Trump okayed $14.4 Trillion money printing & debt, automobile prices exploded & store shelves emptied out. Stock prices exploded & the rich got richer.

Idiot - money printing inflation doesn't show up when republicans crash the economy & destroy millions of jobs.

As soon as Trump okayed $14.4 Trillion money printing & debt, automobile prices exploded & store shelves emptied out. Stock prices exploded & the rich got richer.
when did the GOP do that? UE is on the rise again by the way....the GOP to blame for that? when did trump do that? especiallyt considering inflation was so low when he left office

If printing money is the problem, why did Harris and XIden and Dem congress do just that as soon as they were sworn in?

Sorry, but congress creates the budget and the democrats held the house from 2018 to 2022. You are barking up the wrong tree----AGAIN.

Grain prices are at a 12 year low. I have bought those to plant corn, soy & wheat on my 1,000 acre farm.
And you are saying that your bottom line was not affected by the doubling of fuel and fertilizer prices? You either are lying above or you are lying that those prices didn't force you to raise your prices--inflation.

Forum List

Back