“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty"

well isn't that the needed reform? So how does anything else get done in this country? holy crap that's your stance?
yep. that's my stance.
i also think that deporting stable illegal immigrants with family ties to the country and no serious criminal records is stupid so long as we have much more dangerous illegal aliens to worry about, and that our enforcement efforts should basically ignore them until we have a complete grip on the dangerous criminal element. wouldn't you agree?

Deport all illegals. Don't look for reasons to make exceptions.
Illegal means against the law...something is either legal or it isn't.
If they entered illegally, they have to go.
it's not as hard as you are pretending.

Got a visa? Got a green card?
No?
Get in the truck.
Simple.
so you'd put the same resources an effort into expelling a handyman father supporting his citizen family that you would into a drug cartel enforcer?
aren't they the same? Criminals?
no. we don't treat muderers and jaywalkers the same, do we?
incidentally, i'm pretty sure illegal immigration is a misdemeanor offense.
I didn't say that, you like putting words into others posts, don't you. I asked you are they both not criminal. It's a really simple question. Are you afraid to answer it?

Why are you still making excuses?

You keep dodging and trying to change the subject.

Those people are not the president anymore..obama is.

Why doesn't he close the border?
He'd be a hero and save his legacy and his approval waould skyrocket...but those things aren't as important to him as undermining evil colonialist, imperialistic america that he was taught to hate is...
i'm trying to make you understand that 'closing' the border within 15 minutes is not possible through presidential power alone. clearly if it was, it would have been done.

Oh..ok...make it 20 minutes, then..you're just making excuses anyway.

If obama wanted the border closed he would have ordered it done years ago...make all the excuses you need to..no one is buying it.
so what's the reason for all the past presidents not securing the border?

Why do you keep circling back to that?
Why doesn't obama close it?
i'm still just trying to make you understand that the president alone does not have the ability to commit the resources that would be necessary. if he did, it would have been done by one of his predecessors.
but he can make them all citizens by his lonesome! Hmmmmm how convevient for him. Not!

well isn't that the needed reform? So how does anything else get done in this country? holy crap that's your stance?
yep. that's my stance.
i also think that deporting stable illegal immigrants with family ties to the country and no serious criminal records is stupid so long as we have much more dangerous illegal aliens to worry about, and that our enforcement efforts should basically ignore them until we have a complete grip on the dangerous criminal element. wouldn't you agree?

No?
Get in the truck.
Simple.
so you'd put the same resources an effort into expelling a handyman father supporting his citizen family that you would into a drug cartel enforcer?

More excuses.

Close and enforce the border and our laws.
No amnesty of any kind.
Deport all illegals.

yep. that's my stance.

No?
Get in the truck.
Simple.

Yeah it is.

Of course so is petty theft, except where 5 million instances of such take place at the same place. At that point it becomes grand larceny. Which is a felony... .

Calling this invasion orchestrated by the Cult, a misdemeanor, is akin to calling 9-11-01: property damage,

yep. that's my stance.

No?
Get in the truck.
Simple.
I didn't say that, you like putting words into others posts, don't you. I asked you are they both not criminal. It's a really simple question. Are you afraid to answer it?
'aren't they the same? criminals?'
they are the same in that they've committed one common crime. they are not the same in far more ways. jaywalkers and murderers are both criminals. should we put the same resources into catching jaywalkers that we do murderers?

i'm trying to make you understand that 'closing' the border within 15 minutes is not possible through presidential power alone. clearly if it was, it would have been done.

If obama wanted the border closed he would have ordered it done years ago...make all the excuses you need to..no one is buying it.

i'm still just trying to make you understand that the president alone does not have the ability to commit the resources that would be necessary. if he did, it would have been done by one of his predecessors.
but he can make them all citizens by his lonesome! Hmmmmm how convevient for him. Not!

Brilliant.

you're showing your ignorance. the president is not making anyone a citizen.

We've had more than enough Illegal Immigration. It's time to get back to Legal Immigration. It's time to start respecting the Law of the Land again. We are still a Nation of Laws, aren't we?

We are only a "nation of laws" when it is convenient for the ruling class. Our rulers have not followed the "law" concerning immigration for the last 50-60 years. They simply ignore it.

Our borders have never been secure and will NEVER be secure.

Our immigration laws - rather than be enforced - are labeled "broken" and forgotten about.

In another 25 years, you white folks will be the "minority" in your own country. Congratulations. All that your fore-fathers fought to achieve will be ancient history.

No?
Get in the truck.
Simple.
'aren't they the same? criminals?'
they are the same in that they've committed one common crime. they are not the same in far more ways. jaywalkers and murderers are both criminals. should we put the same resources into catching jaywalkers that we do murderers?

that's an absurd proposition and you're just flailing around wildly now.
Look at what you just typed...Seriously?

Focus now...in a mature discussion you don't get to make up fantasy scenarios and create people out of thin air, assign them roles in your fantasy and have them perform imaginary acts that will support your (weak) argument....
Not to mention trying to drag the discussion WAAAYYY off topic.

So..let's try to wander back on topic.

Why can't we close and enforce our border and deport people that are here illegally?

People are reading this, you know...Carry on.

Last edited:
We've had more than enough Illegal Immigration. It's time to get back to Legal Immigration. It's time to start respecting the Law of the Land again. We are still a Nation of Laws, aren't we?

We are only a "nation of laws" when it is convenient for the ruling class. Our rulers have not followed the "law" concerning immigration for the last 50-60 years. They simply ignore it.

Our immigration laws - rather than be enforced - are labeled "broken" and forgotten about.

In another 25 years, you white folks will be the "minority" in your own country. Congratulations. All that your fore-fathers fought to achieve will be ancient history.

The country will collapse before then and people will begin to self segregate according to race...as humans always do.
All people prefer to be around those who share their traditions, values, culture and heritage. Nothing wrong with any of that, either.

There may well be a "new africa" built here in some portion of the former u.s..the latinos will probably end up with their "aztlan"....but regardless...white people will not disappear, fade away nor be overrun.

No Nation governed by Leftists is 'governed by Laws'.

As Leftism rests entirely upon relativism; which rejects the objectivity essential to justice and absent justice, 'law' is merely an ever changing soup of indefinable rules.
they can't. They legislate for the 10% of the undetermined votes. As such, is the reason for gridlock. That fundamental 10% of undetermined.

No Nation governed by Leftists is 'governed by Laws'.

As Leftism rests entirely upon relativism; which rejects the objectivity essential to justice and absent justice, 'law' is merely an ever changing soup of indefinable rules.
In the leftest world, weak humans need to remain dependent, period. It is their only option!

Why don't all you NaziCons get your pitchforks and march on the White House?

Why are you still making excuses?

You keep dodging and trying to change the subject.

Those people are not the president anymore..obama is.

Why doesn't he close the border?
He'd be a hero and save his legacy and his approval waould skyrocket...but those things aren't as important to him as undermining evil colonialist, imperialistic america that he was taught to hate is...

I see you are a true liberal, you can't ever answer a simple question. Hah........So basically rota and I were dead nuts on it!!!!!!

you're showing your ignorance. the president is not making anyone a citizen.

well, of course he isn't..Don't be absurd....
What he IS doing is bypassing immigration law to legitimize them and therefore allowing them to soon BECOME citizens ....as a reward for breaking our immigration laws.

I wonder which party these new "citizens" will be voting for.

C'mon, man...no one is fooled by any of this.

Keep making excuses.

:popcorn:

The country will collapse before then and people will begin to self segregate according to race...as humans always do.
All people prefer to be around those who share their traditions, values, culture and heritage. Nothing wrong with any of that, either.

There may well be a "new africa" built here in some portion of the former u.s..the latinos will probably end up with their "aztlan"....but regardless...white people will not disappear, fade away nor be overrun.

Been to San Diego lately? white people are the minority now and it's (obviously) moving East. Been to Colorado lately? Nearly the same there. How about Nebraska? Or Iowa? Or Minnesota? how about Florida or New York?

True, the country will not "collapse". At least not in the short term. But your grandchildren - and he'll, even MY grandchildren - will most likely be an "unimportant" part in the decision making processes in this country. Decisions like that will be controlled by those that we now consider to be "a small, insignificant part of society" - those from south of the border.

Why don't all you NaziCons get your pitchforks and march on the White House?

I don't much care what the NaziCons do ... But I will be interested in seeing how President Obama fudges the unemployment numbers when he grants millions of illegal immigrants work permits.

It ought to take a huge chunk out of the 5 million jobs (part or full-time) supposedly created since 2009.

This is a rogue president, and impeachment has got to be put on the table and seriously considered.

Republicans outraged by Obama's plan

Republicans on Capitol Hill began to lash out at President Obama Wednesday after he announced plans to unveil executive actions on immigration in a primetime address Thursday evening.

“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty, here, and in the Senate,” Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) told reporters.

Obama purposely timed the announcement, King said, to coincide with lawmakers leaving Washington Thursday for Thanksgiving recess. King said he’s staying behind in Washington to deal with the issue.
“I decided in an instant, I’m staying,” he said.

King laid out three steps the House could take to respond to Obama, including a resolution of rejection, censuring Obama and defunding the order to prevent its implementation. He stopped short of supporting impeachment.

“I don’t want to go down that path. We have lived through that and it put the nation through a lot of trauma,” he added.
Some Republicans expressed frustration that Obama invited only Senate and House Democrats to dinner Wednesday evening to huddle before the announcement.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the fact that Republicans were not invited signals that Obama is creating “the beginning of a political campaign” that provokes “partisan warfare” and not a bipartisan agreement.

“Why would you do this on the eve of Thanksgiving, going into holidays, unless you want to create a political fight?" Cole asked. "I mean I’m mystified by the political calculus."
Republicans should have been included in Wednesday’s dinner, said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.).

“I think that’s endemic of how the president has run his office,” she said. “He has been unwilling to reach out to Republicans.”
Bachmann called Obama “cynical” for issuing the order after the midterm elections when so many Democrats faced tight reelection races.

“He chose not to do this before the election because he knew his party would take an absolute drubbing at the polls,” she said. “In all likelihood, Scott Brown would have won his race in New Hampshire. In all likelihood, that would have caused Ed Gillespie to win in Virginia.”

Bachmann and King both support the push to defund Obama’s immigration action through legislation that’s separate from a main government spending bill to avert a full government shutdown.
While Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio) said he’s “bothered when somebody tries to pass laws through executive actions,” he said it’s not worth another government shutdown.

Republicans outraged by Obama s plan TheHill

Almost anything that makes it more apparent to the average person (especially the apolitical people who don't currently vote) just how extreme and reality-challenged the base of the GOP has become, I must say that it's something that would served the country well. There's no question that this comes under that heading.

Forum List

Back