“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty"

so what's the reason for all the past presidents not securing the border?

Why do you keep circling back to that?
Why doesn't obama close it?
i'm still just trying to make you understand that the president alone does not have the ability to commit the resources that would be necessary. if he did, it would have been done by one of his predecessors.
but he can make them all citizens by his lonesome! Hmmmmm how convevient for him. Not!
you're showing your ignorance. the president is not making anyone a citizen.

well, of course he isn't..Don't be absurd....
What he IS doing is bypassing immigration law to legitimize them and therefore allowing them to soon BECOME citizens ....as a reward for breaking our immigration laws.

I wonder which party these new "citizens" will be voting for.

C'mon, man...no one is fooled by any of this.

Keep making excuses.

:popcorn:
oh i see. so it isn't what's happening, it's what you believe will happen somewhere down the road that is the issue.

i'm trying to make you understand that 'closing' the border within 15 minutes is not possible through presidential power alone. clearly if it was, it would have been done.

Oh..ok...make it 20 minutes, then..you're just making excuses anyway.

If obama wanted the border closed he would have ordered it done years ago...make all the excuses you need to..no one is buying it.

i'm still just trying to make you understand that the president alone does not have the ability to commit the resources that would be necessary. if he did, it would have been done by one of his predecessors.
I see you are a true liberal, you can't ever answer a simple question. Hah........So basically rota and I were dead nuts on it!!!!!!
i've answered a million fucking times.
it. is. not. within. the. president's. authority. to. commit. the. resources. needed. to. secure. the. border.

holy shit you guys are dense.

We've had more than enough Illegal Immigration. It's time to get back to Legal Immigration. It's time to start respecting the Law of the Land again. We are still a Nation of Laws, aren't we?

We are only a "nation of laws" when it is convenient for the ruling class. Our rulers have not followed the "law" concerning immigration for the last 50-60 years. They simply ignore it.

Our borders have never been secure and will NEVER be secure.

Our immigration laws - rather than be enforced - are labeled "broken" and forgotten about.

In another 25 years, you white folks will be the "minority" in your own country. Congratulations. All that your fore-fathers fought to achieve will be ancient history.

The country will collapse before then and people will begin to self segregate according to race...as humans always do.
All people prefer to be around those who share their traditions, values, culture and heritage. Nothing wrong with any of that, either.

There may well be a "new africa" built here in some portion of the former u.s..the latinos will probably end up with their "aztlan"....but regardless...white people will not disappear, fade away nor be overrun.

Been to San Diego lately? white people are the minority now and it's (obviously) moving East.
Yes, sir. I've been many times. Usually work and stay in Solano Beach.

Been to Colorado lately? Nearly the same there.
Yup. Many times. All over the state.

How about Nebraska? Or Iowa? Or Minnesota? how about Florida or New York?
Yes to all. Many times in each. Speaking of minnesota...they ship somalian refugees up there...Check it out. First of all..Why do we need somalian refugees in america?...and why on gods earth would they send them to minnesota?..insanity.

...but back to the illegals..When I'm in a hotel and need to ask a question about something...not at the front desk or the concierge, but maybe in a corridor..a bellboy or valet or housekeeping..you know..
anyway the FIRST thing I ask them is if they speak english..
I used to just ask an employee a question and then after I finished I could tell they didn't understand a word I had said.

True, the country will not "collapse".
I say it will collapse...we've about run our course.

At least not in the short term. But your grandchildren - and he'll, even MY grandchildren - will most likely be an "unimportant" part in the decision making processes in this country. Decisions like that will be controlled by those that we now consider to be "a small, insignificant part of society" - those from south of the border.

I think it will be something like the balkans initially...then partitioning will occur and new borders drawn up, alliances forged and life will go on.. with a few million less than before. It's how humans operate.
The past is prologue.

Oh..ok...make it 20 minutes, then..you're just making excuses anyway.

If obama wanted the border closed he would have ordered it done years ago...make all the excuses you need to..no one is buying it.

I see you are a true liberal, you can't ever answer a simple question. Hah........So basically rota and I were dead nuts on it!!!!!!
it. is. not. within. the. president's. authority. to. commit. the. resources. needed. to. secure. the. border.

That's not an answer. That's a dodge.

that's the answer. it can't be done by the president. no president has done it.
just because you want to ignore that reality doesn't change things.

but he can make them all citizens by his lonesome! Hmmmmm how convevient for him. Not!

What he IS doing is bypassing immigration law to legitimize them and therefore allowing them to soon BECOME citizens ....as a reward for breaking our immigration laws.

Keep making excuses.

oh i see. so it isn't what's happening, it's what you believe will happen somewhere down the road that is the issue.

Watch me type it again;

close and enforce the border
no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals

Keep making excuses.

Watch me type it again;

no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals
i understand that's what you want to happen.
are you lobbying your congressmen for the resources?

that's the answer. it can't be done by the president. no president has done it.
just because you want to ignore that reality doesn't change things.

Now your new position is the president doesn't have the authority to close and enforce our border and america has always had open borders because no president had ever closed them before..
yeah...that makes perfect sense..Thanks..Now I understand much better

Keep making excuses.

Watch me type it again;

no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals
No resources are necessary.
You better believe I called today regarding amnesty and I think/hope my wife did too. We talked about it this morning. Thanks for asking.
So..as long as you're back to trying to change the subject let me ask you;
Are you really old enough to vote? Seriously.

Keep making excuses.

Watch me type it again;

no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals

You better believe it. I called today and I think/hope my wife did too. We talked about it this morning. Thanks for asking.
i'm not changing the subject. if that's what you think should happen, it's going to take more resources, no matter what you claim. those resources have to come from congress - so until congress sends them his way, it's ignorant to pretend the president can magically close the border himself.
do you understand that?

Keep making excuses.

Watch me type it again;

no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals

You better believe it. I called today and I think/hope my wife did too. We talked about it this morning. Thanks for asking.
i'm not changing the subject. if that's what you think should happen, it's going to take more resources, no matter what you claim. those resources have to come from congress - so until congress sends them his way, it's ignorant to pretend the president can magically close the border himself.
do you understand that?

That's not how this works.
It gives you convenient cover but it isn't true.
The president has the authority to close and enforce our border any time he wants to.

..but let's look at your new position....Now you're trying to say he really wants to close the border and enforce our immigration laws, but the evil congress has been denying him the funding?

LMFAO..you're funny!

Watch me type it again;

no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals

do you understand that?

The president has the authority to close and enforce our border any time he wants to.

..but let's look at your new position....Now you're trying to say he really wants to close the border and enforce our immigration laws, but the evil congress has been denying him the funding?

LMFAO..you're funny!
is that funnier than your belief that all presidents have had the ability and authority to shut the border, but all of them have simply chosen not to do it?
or is it just the " petulant, narcissistic gay negro" presidents that are in your mind responsible?

Watch me type it again;

no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals

do you understand that?

LMFAO..you're funny!
is that funnier than your belief that all presidents have had the ability and authority to shut the border, but all of them have simply chosen not to do it?
or is it just the " petulant, narcissistic gay negro" presidents that are in your mind responsible?

Oh off topic again?..ok..
You can make up all the fantasies about other presidents you want.
We aren't talking abut them or what they did or didn't do.

close and enforce the border and immigration laws
no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals.

Last edited:
This is a rogue president, and impeachment has got to be put on the table and seriously considered.

Republicans outraged by Obama's plan

Republicans on Capitol Hill began to lash out at President Obama Wednesday after he announced plans to unveil executive actions on immigration in a primetime address Thursday evening.

“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty, here, and in the Senate,” Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) told reporters.

Obama purposely timed the announcement, King said, to coincide with lawmakers leaving Washington Thursday for Thanksgiving recess. King said he’s staying behind in Washington to deal with the issue.
“I decided in an instant, I’m staying,” he said.

King laid out three steps the House could take to respond to Obama, including a resolution of rejection, censuring Obama and defunding the order to prevent its implementation. He stopped short of supporting impeachment.

“I don’t want to go down that path. We have lived through that and it put the nation through a lot of trauma,” he added.
Some Republicans expressed frustration that Obama invited only Senate and House Democrats to dinner Wednesday evening to huddle before the announcement.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said the fact that Republicans were not invited signals that Obama is creating “the beginning of a political campaign” that provokes “partisan warfare” and not a bipartisan agreement.

“Why would you do this on the eve of Thanksgiving, going into holidays, unless you want to create a political fight?" Cole asked. "I mean I’m mystified by the political calculus."
Republicans should have been included in Wednesday’s dinner, said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.).

“I think that’s endemic of how the president has run his office,” she said. “He has been unwilling to reach out to Republicans.”
Bachmann called Obama “cynical” for issuing the order after the midterm elections when so many Democrats faced tight reelection races.

“He chose not to do this before the election because he knew his party would take an absolute drubbing at the polls,” she said. “In all likelihood, Scott Brown would have won his race in New Hampshire. In all likelihood, that would have caused Ed Gillespie to win in Virginia.”

Bachmann and King both support the push to defund Obama’s immigration action through legislation that’s separate from a main government spending bill to avert a full government shutdown.
While Rep. Steve Stivers (R-Ohio) said he’s “bothered when somebody tries to pass laws through executive actions,” he said it’s not worth another government shutdown.

Republicans outraged by Obama s plan TheHill

Obama's a prick, but he's got the aholes by the short hairs. The GOP can win in 16 if they prove they can govern. So, Obama pulls an EO that outrages the unhinged base, and makes it more difficult to do tax reform, deficit reductions, military spending and energy reform. And motivates 10% of the electorate to hate the gop.

Obama apos s plan of action on immigration may derail Republican agenda - LA Times

no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals.
just explain to me where you get this deep abiding belief that the president - actually all presidents - have had the ability to secure the border on their own and have simply chosen not to do so?

no amnesty of any kind
deport all illegals.
just explain to me where you get this deep abiding belief that the president - actually all presidents - have had the ability to secure the border on their own and have simply chosen not to do so?

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Of course, I don't know what you mean by "Close the border". 40% of illegal immigrants simply overstay their visa's. If you are suggesting that we stop issuing visas, I guess that I am against "closing the border".
Illegal immigrants don't get visas.

You're mightily confused.

Rot, you are the very first person to whom I had to explain this.

A person wants to visit this country. He applies for, and receives a visa, which will have an expiration date. If he does not leave this country prior to the expiration date, he THEN BECOMES AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, YOU DOLT!!!!!!! 40% of the illegal immigrants in this country simply overstayed their visa.

Now, Rot, surely you understand the relationship of expired visa's to illegal immigrants, now, right?

We might not like the way Obama is going about extending protection to some illegal immigrants, but the GOP has allowed no other option. They have obstructed and obstructed and obstructed doing what 79% of Americans want done.

It's time for the American people to realize who is really ignoring their will.

What Americans Want From Immigration Reform in 2014

At present, 62% of Americans favor providing a way for immigrants who are currently living in the United States illegally to become citizens provided they meet certain requirements, while 17% support allowing them to become permanent legal residents but not citizens, and roughly 1-in-5 (19%) favor a policy that would identify and deport all immigrants living in the United States illegally.

79% support citizenship or legal status. 19 percent want deportation.

Is the GOP going to be stupid enough to side with the 19 percent? Are they going to spit in the faces of 79% of America?

Suicide cult decision time.

The vast majority of Americans want illegals to be provided a path to citizenship or legal status. Republicans are going against four out of five people, including those within their own ranks.

Republicans can keep bowing and scraping to the extremist elements and pay the price, or they can wise up and fly straight.

Obama is going to extend protection to those people he believes that immigration reform will ultimately provide a path to citizenship or legal status. He is not granting amnesty. This needs to be understood clearly. He is not granting amnesty.

Obama is simply choosing not to kick out those people that 79% of Americans believe ought to have a shot at citizenship or legal status.

It is as simple as that.

Congress could have easily already achieved this, but the GOP has been bowing and scraping to the extremist elements instead. And that is how we have arrived at this crossroads. The GOP and its subservience to bigots has brought us here. They thought they could get away with playing hardball and that Obama would cave.

Surprise! He can play hardball, too.

Now the Republicans need to wise up and listen to the 79% of Americans who want these people to have a path to citizenship or legal status. Or the GOP can continue on as a suicide cult and fellate the bigots and pay the price in 2016.

The ball is in their court.
Sooo. . . the only people that are, in your opinion, really Americans, whose opinion counts, are those who are registered to vote?

Ironic post is Ironic.

Forum List

Back