The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

The numbers don't mean shit until after Obama's stimulus was enacted, which helped stop the 750,000 per month job losses he inherited from Dubya.

Hell yes! It was all of those thousands of shovel ready jobs that did it!

You're funny. You say that I'm denying something, but it seems you can't verbalize what it is you think I'm denying.

You're just a fucking liar, you spent the whole thread not only denying the fact that the government obviously has no way of collecting accurate data, but going so far as to deny the very existence of any problem in this country with homelessness and poverty. Talk about country club liberals. You have no credibility as a Democrat or even as a human being.
You're such a drama queen. :rolleyes:

I told no lie. I asked you what you thought I denied and you wouldn't say; so when I asked again, I wasn't lying when I pointed out how it seemed you couldn't say how.

As far as your claim that I denied the government can't collect accurate data ... what I disputed was your earlier unsupported claim that the government can't produce "reliable" data; or that they have "no way of knowing" how many people are out if work.

Since the government's numbers are based on scientific polling, and scientific polling produces reliable statistics within a reasonable margin of error, especially when sample rates are high and multiple polls are taken with the same questions; you would have to prove such a method is too inaccurate to be reliable. Pointing to a segment of society which represents about two tenths of one percent (0.2%) as evidence fails you as that falls easily within the margin of error, which is 1.67; given the CPS surveys about 60,000 households monthly and the CES surveys about 144,000 businesses/government agencies.

Back to the same circular logic.

Thanks for admitting it. You've reached the first step to help. Now try a little more...

Lots of patience is necessary. The healing is sometimes slow for Rrrrrrraging Rrrrrrrrighties!

If this is as smart as you people get this forum is going to get boring real fast.

The numbers don't mean shit until after Obama's stimulus was enacted, which helped stop the 750,000 per month job losses he inherited from Dubya.

Interesting to note that since I joined this forum the most reactionary responses all come from people pretending to be liberals.

The President with the greatest economic crash since the Great Depression is?

OH! You're speaking of The one who lost the legislature to the Left... and despite his best efforts was unable to get the Left to reign in the abuse of Legislative powers which coerced the Financial Markets to replace sound, actuarial lending principle with a perverted sense of 'Fairness', which inevitably manifest into the catastrophic failure of the Financial Markets?

Good one!

She's not an idiot, she's purposefully deceptive and unconvincingly evasive. On the other hand she's not all that bright either, she's so deeply immersed in her own denial that you could almost believe she believes it too.
You're funny. You say that I'm denying something, but it seems you can't verbalize what it is you think I'm denying.

You're just a fucking liar, you spent the whole thread not only denying the fact that the government obviously has no way of collecting accurate data, but going so far as to deny the very existence of any problem in this country with homelessness and poverty. Talk about country club liberals. You have no credibility as a Democrat or even as a human being.
You're such a drama queen. :rolleyes:

I told no lie. I asked you what you thought I denied and you wouldn't say; so when I asked again, I wasn't lying when I pointed out how it seemed you couldn't say how.

As far as your claim that I denied the government can't collect accurate data ... what I disputed was your earlier unsupported claim that the government can't produce "reliable" data; or that they have "no way of knowing" how many people are out if work.

Since the government's numbers are based on scientific polling, and scientific polling produces reliable statistics within a reasonable margin of error, especially when sample rates are high and multiple polls are taken with the same questions; you would have to prove such a method is too inaccurate to be reliable. Pointing to a segment of society which represents about two tenths of one percent (0.2%) as evidence fails you as that falls easily within the margin of error, which is 1.67; given the CPS surveys about 60,000 households monthly and the CES surveys about 144,000 businesses/government agencies.

Back to the same circular logic.

Thanks for admitting it. You've reached the first step to help. Now try a little more...

Yes I have to admit it now, I don't know why I didn't see it before, but the eloquence of your argument is so persuasive.

OH! You're speaking of The one who lost the legislature to the Left... and despite his best efforts was unable to get the Left to reign in the abuse of Legislative powers which coerced the Financial Markets to replace sound, actuarial lending principle with a perverted sense of 'Fairness', which inevitably manifest into the catastrophic failure of the Financial Markets?

Good one!
You're nuts if you think the CRA caused the financial meltdown. :cuckoo:

Good one!

LOL

Examining the big lie: How the facts of the economic crisis stack up

When an economy booms or busts, money gets misspent, assets rise in prices, fortunes are made. Out of all that comes a set of easy-to-discern facts.

Here are key things we know based on data. Together, they present a series of tough hurdles for the big lie proponents.

•The boom and bust was global. Proponents of the Big Lie ignore the worldwide nature of the housing boom and bust.

Nonbank mortgage underwriting exploded from 2001 to 2007, along with the private label securitization market, which eclipsed Fannie and Freddie during the boom.

Private lenders not subject to congressional regulations collapsed lending standards. Taking up that extra share were nonbanks selling mortgages elsewhere, not to the GSEs. Conforming mortgages had rules that were less profitable than the newfangled loans. Private securitizers — competitors of Fannie and Freddie — grew from 10 percent of the market in 2002 to nearly 40 percent in 2006. As a percentage of all mortgage-backed securities, private securitization grew from 23 percent in 2003 to 56 percent in 2006

These firms had business models that could be called “Lend-in-order-to-sell-to-Wall-Street-securitizers.” They offered all manner of nontraditional mortgages — the 2/28 adjustable rate mortgages, piggy-back loans, negative amortization loans. These defaulted in huge numbers, far more than the regulated mortgage writers did.

Examining the big lie How the facts of the economic crisis stack up The Big Picture

It is clear to anyone who has studied the financial crisis of 2008 that the private sector’s drive for short-term profit was behind it. More than 84 percent of the sub-prime mortgages in 2006 were issued by private lending. These private firms made nearly 83 percent of the subprime loans to low- and moderate-income borrowers that year. Out of the top 25 subprime lenders in 2006, only one was subject to the usual mortgage laws and regulations. The nonbank underwriters made more than 12 million subprime mortgages with a value of nearly $2 trillion. The lenders who made these were exempt from federal regulations.

Lest We Forget Why We Had A Financial Crisis - Forbes

Right-wingers Want To Erase How George Bush's "Homeowner Society" Helped Cause The Economic Collapse

"Another form of easing facilitated the rapid rise of mortgages that didn't require borrowers to fully document their incomes. In 2006, these low- or no-doc loans comprised 81 percent of near-prime, 55 percent of jumbo, 50 percent of subprime and 36 percent of prime securitized mortgages."

Q HOLY JESUS! DID YOU JUST PROVE THAT OVER 50% OF ALL MORTGAGES IN 2006 DIDN'T REQUIRE BORROWERS TO DOCUMENT THEIR INCOME?!?!?!?

A Yes.

Q WHO THE HELL LOANS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO PEOPLE WITHOUT CHECKING THEIR INCOMES?!?!?

A Banks.

Q WHY??!?!!!?!

A Two reasons, greed and Bush's regulators let them.

FACTS on Dubya s great recession US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Interesting to note that since I joined this forum the most reactionary responses all come from people pretending to be liberals.

Says the Klown pretending to be a moderate, lol

Says the Klown pretending to be a moderate, lol

At least you've got the right avatar for yourself. You should talk it over with the other Tea Party loyalists and coordinate your outfits.

Meanwhile, no one has any way of knowing how many people you've just reduced to a margin of error.
That makes no sense at all. What do you think margin of error means?

They have no way of knowing how many people they don't know about. Which part of that equation do you fail to grasp?
What I'm not grasping is why you're not understanding that there are estimates of the homeless, and the numbers are small enough that including them wouldn't make much if any difference.
I'm also not grasping why you think that 0.2% of the population is so significant that it renders all statistics about the other 99.8% completely inaccurate.

You still don't get it. The base figure is inaccurate, the numbers are based on sampling projection with no mechanism for determining the total population.
No mechanism for determining the total population??

www.census.gov

How many people came to this country illegally yesterday? Do you know? How well do statistical formulas account for unknown numbers?

That makes no sense at all. What do you think margin of error means?

They have no way of knowing how many people they don't know about. Which part of that equation do you fail to grasp?
What I'm not grasping is why you're not understanding that there are estimates of the homeless, and the numbers are small enough that including them wouldn't make much if any difference.
I'm also not grasping why you think that 0.2% of the population is so significant that it renders all statistics about the other 99.8% completely inaccurate.

You still don't get it. The base figure is inaccurate, the numbers are based on sampling projection with no mechanism for determining the total population.

www.census.gov

How many people came to this country illegally yesterday? Do you know? How well do statistical formulas account for unknown numbers?
It's no one else's fault that you don't understand scientific polling. :eusa_naughty:

www.census.gov

It's no one else's fault that you don't understand scientific polling. :eusa_naughty:

About what I expected.

www.census.gov

About what I expected.
That's about all you deserved.

Good one!

To which "effort" of Pretzeldunce Innocent Bystander are you referring?

Good one!

LOL

Examining the big lie: How the facts of the economic crisis stack up

When an economy booms or busts, money gets misspent, assets rise in prices, fortunes are made. Out of all that comes a set of easy-to-discern facts.

Here are key things we know based on data. Together, they present a series of tough hurdles for the big lie proponents.

•The boom and bust was global. Proponents of the Big Lie ignore the worldwide nature of the housing boom and bust.

Nonbank mortgage underwriting exploded from 2001 to 2007, along with the private label securitization market, which eclipsed Fannie and Freddie during the boom.

Private lenders not subject to congressional regulations collapsed lending standards. Taking up that extra share were nonbanks selling mortgages elsewhere, not to the GSEs. Conforming mortgages had rules that were less profitable than the newfangled loans. Private securitizers — competitors of Fannie and Freddie — grew from 10 percent of the market in 2002 to nearly 40 percent in 2006. As a percentage of all mortgage-backed securities, private securitization grew from 23 percent in 2003 to 56 percent in 2006

These firms had business models that could be called “Lend-in-order-to-sell-to-Wall-Street-securitizers.” They offered all manner of nontraditional mortgages — the 2/28 adjustable rate mortgages, piggy-back loans, negative amortization loans. These defaulted in huge numbers, far more than the regulated mortgage writers did.

Examining the big lie How the facts of the economic crisis stack up The Big Picture

It is clear to anyone who has studied the financial crisis of 2008 that the private sector’s drive for short-term profit was behind it. More than 84 percent of the sub-prime mortgages in 2006 were issued by private lending. These private firms made nearly 83 percent of the subprime loans to low- and moderate-income borrowers that year. Out of the top 25 subprime lenders in 2006, only one was subject to the usual mortgage laws and regulations. The nonbank underwriters made more than 12 million subprime mortgages with a value of nearly $2 trillion. The lenders who made these were exempt from federal regulations.

Lest We Forget Why We Had A Financial Crisis - Forbes

Right-wingers Want To Erase How George Bush's "Homeowner Society" Helped Cause The Economic Collapse

"Another form of easing facilitated the rapid rise of mortgages that didn't require borrowers to fully document their incomes. In 2006, these low- or no-doc loans comprised 81 percent of near-prime, 55 percent of jumbo, 50 percent of subprime and 36 percent of prime securitized mortgages."

Q HOLY JESUS! DID YOU JUST PROVE THAT OVER 50% OF ALL MORTGAGES IN 2006 DIDN'T REQUIRE BORROWERS TO DOCUMENT THEIR INCOME?!?!?!?

A Yes.

Q WHO THE HELL LOANS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO PEOPLE WITHOUT CHECKING THEIR INCOMES?!?!?

A Banks.

Q WHY??!?!!!?!

A Two reasons, greed and Bush's regulators let them.

FACTS on Dubya s great recession US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Too facty.......please desist.....

Good one!

I'm actually referring to the Legislature... intentionally to deflect from the President who did not do enough to shut the Left down.

I personally would have preferred for him to have directed his AG to arrest the respective Legislators, Fwank, Conyers, Lee, Waters, etc... tried them on the charges of subversion, etc... and upon conviction by a jury of their peers, executed them by public hanging... but, no one asked me, so... the international financial markets crashed, instead.

Good one!

I'm actually referring to the Legislature... intentionally to deflect from the President who did not do enough to shut the Left down.

I personally would have preferred for him to have directed his AG to arrest the respective Legislators, Fwank, Conyers, Lee, Waters, etc... tried them on the charges of subversion, etc... and upon conviction by a jury of their peers, executed them by public hanging... but, no one asked me, so... the international financial markets crashed, instead.

Good lil right wingers, ignore EVERYTHING that destroyed your bullshit premise, lol

The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is Page 117 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Rule of thumb: right wingers almost always come out on the wrong side of history.

Why Prosecutors Don't Go After Wall Street

BUSH GAVE A GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD SUMMER 2008

Why Prosecutors Don t Go After Wall Street NPR

“When regulators don’t believe in regulation and don’t get what is going on at the companies they oversee, there can be no major white-collar crime prosecutions,”...“If they don’t understand what we call collective embezzlement, where people are literally looting their own firms, then it’s impossible to bring cases.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/business/14prosecute.html?pagewanted=all

The FBI correctly identified the epidemic of mortgage control fraud at such an early point that the financial crisis could have been averted had the Bush administration acted with even minimal competence.
'
The Two Documents Everyone Should Read to Better Understand the Crisis William K. Black

Dubya was warned by the FBI of an "epidemic" of mortgage fraud in 2004. He gave them less resources.

FBI saw threat of loan crisis - Los Angeles Times

Shockingly, the FBI clearly makes the case for the need to combat mortgage fraud in 2005, the height of the housing crisis:

Financial Crimes Report to the Public 2005

FBI mdash Financial Crimes Report 2005

The Bush Rubber Stamp Congress ignored the obvious and extremely detailed and well reported crime spree by the FBI.

THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION and CONGRESS stripped the White Collar Crime divisions of money and manpower.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/washington/19fbi.html?pagewanted=all

DUBYA FOUGHT ALL 50 STATE AG'S IN 2003, INVOKING A CIVIL WAR ERA RULE SAYING FEDS RULE ON "PREDATORY" LENDERS!

Dubya allowed the leverage rules to go from 12-1 to 33-1 which flooded the market with cheap money!

Thanks again to the Bush administrations allowing the greedy & unethical brokers to operate at their will.

Good one!

Try them for what? Being members of the minority party while the majority party sat on their thumbs and refused to add oversight of the GSE's? :cuckoo:

Good one!

June 17, 2004

Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble

(CNN/Money) - Home builders, realtors and others are preparing to fight a Bush administration plan that would require Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase financing of homes for low-income people, a home builder group said Thursday.
Home builders fight Bush s low-income housing - Jun. 17 2004

He insisted that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac meet ambitious new goals for low-income lending.

Concerned that down payments were a barrier, Bush persuaded Congress to spend as much as $200 million a year to help first-time buyers with down payments and closing costs.

And he pushed to allow first-time buyers to qualify for government insured mortgages with no money down

lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back