The Psychology of Qanon

Do you have something that proves the Congress people you are describing actually follow the Q conspiracy theory?
Margarine Taylor Greene has been a prolific Facebook user. It’s been all over her feed for the last few years.

Ok, I am keeping an open mind here Colfax, can you link me to something concrete?

While Greene is certainly taking pleasure in tweeking liberals in the press, and there is some pretty out there stuff in her past, they seem to be centered around the stuff she says about 'Deep State' theories, and I'm not saying she hasn't but I can find nothing about her supporting 'Satan worshiping, child sex abuser' stuff that I believe most rational people roll their eyes at...

So, while I would have rather seen John Cowan win that district, she won...That in no way should define the entirety of the Republican party, just as I am sure you would say that Rep Hank Johnson, the Congressman that said in a congressional hearing that he was concerned that the island of Guam would "tip over, and capsize" should we send more troops to the island....
I don’t think she’s “twerking liberals in the press” given her posts were not aimed at the press and not of any note by the press. They were published in the online QAnon world and little noticed by anyone until she got elected.

If you want more crazy, here’s 30 minutes of it. Sorry for the length, but it seems you prefer to go straight to the source material which is a very good way to go.

Ok, I've already said I am not a fan. So, what are you trying to say? Hopefully not like some of your ilk in here say that we all support what she does?

Nope. But saying that QAnon is an insignificant tiny minority of the Republican Party is not accurate. The QAnon groups on social media span hundreds of thousands and cumulatively probably has millions of supporters.

Although not all Republicans are this crazy, there is a serious problem in the Republican Party that enables this nonsense.

QAnon isn't part of the Republican party, NAZI. I've never seen anything by any QAnon supporter.

The hell isn’t. QAnon revolves entirely around Trump.

Nope! Flag on the play! Now you have to prove your claim here.

Do you have something that proves the Congress people you are describing actually follow the Q conspiracy theory?
Margarine Taylor Greene has been a prolific Facebook user. It’s been all over her feed for the last few years.

Ok, I am keeping an open mind here Colfax, can you link me to something concrete?

While Greene is certainly taking pleasure in tweeking liberals in the press, and there is some pretty out there stuff in her past, they seem to be centered around the stuff she says about 'Deep State' theories, and I'm not saying she hasn't but I can find nothing about her supporting 'Satan worshiping, child sex abuser' stuff that I believe most rational people roll their eyes at...

So, while I would have rather seen John Cowan win that district, she won...That in no way should define the entirety of the Republican party, just as I am sure you would say that Rep Hank Johnson, the Congressman that said in a congressional hearing that he was concerned that the island of Guam would "tip over, and capsize" should we send more troops to the island....
I don’t think she’s “twerking liberals in the press” given her posts were not aimed at the press and not of any note by the press. They were published in the online QAnon world and little noticed by anyone until she got elected.

If you want more crazy, here’s 30 minutes of it. Sorry for the length, but it seems you prefer to go straight to the source material which is a very good way to go.

Ok, I've already said I am not a fan. So, what are you trying to say? Hopefully not like some of your ilk in here say that we all support what she does?

Nope. But saying that QAnon is an insignificant tiny minority of the Republican Party is not accurate. The QAnon groups on social media span hundreds of thousands and cumulatively probably has millions of supporters.

Although not all Republicans are this crazy, there is a serious problem in the Republican Party that enables this nonsense.

As far as I can tell you showed me one, Greene, and in my search I found one that may or may not be, Bobert...So, even if I give the benefit of the doubt, that's two out of over 200 Republican congresspeople....

Would you say that 2 out of 200 is a serious problem as you say?

yeah, but Ilhan Omar and the rest of the gang are sane and rational.

Your Fuhrer is a child molester, so how is that some fringe theory?
You should be embarrassed.
Look at how these people spin and deflect and attack and change the subject when Q is brought up.

Then, at the same time, they bring up the pedophilia stuff.

They don't see how crazed and transparent they look.

QAnon isn't part of the Republican party, NAZI. I've never seen anything by any QAnon supporter.

It comes from Q’s very first post, claiming to be working in the Trump administration while they plot to take out all of us evil people.

It comes from Q’s very first post, claiming to be working in the Trump administration while they plot to take out all of us evil people.

That's on this "Q" character, not on Trump, you fucking moron.

Look at how these people spin and deflect and attack and change the subject when Q is brought up.

:poke:Still waiting Mac....:th_waiting:
Did you ask me something? I don't read most of your posts.

Ask someone else. I'm not interested.

That's funny, MAC: you accusing others of having no introspection.
There's one now.

"Revolves" around Trump? Is that supposed to mean something? Trump doesn't know who they are.
It means QAnon’s belief structure depends entirely on Trump. He doesn’t have to know anything about them.
Which is utter bullshit. How is Trump responsible for what any fringe group believes? On the other hand, Biden and Bernie and most members of the Democrat Reich support Antifa, BLM and hudreds of other fringe leftwing groups. Camel Toe helped bail out BLM and Antifa rioters.

No one cares about QAnon would sound more accurate if you hadn’t elected QAnon believers to Congress. A couple of them, actually.
Who is that, shit for brains?
It’s always fun educating you.
Making shit up again.

Meanwhile, REAL commie idiots are trying to limit freedom of the press, and your goose-stepping ass loves them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...suggestion-federal-commission-rein-press.html

Trumpism has merged with q-anon and become our new scourge in this nation. It is a sickness.

Aa evidence of this new sickness look at this new conspiracy theory.

It is that Greta Thunberg was at the Trumpist Capitol Hill riot.

“Donald Trump-supporting QAnon conspiracy theorists have been sharing a photo alleging that Greta Thunberg attended the riots on the US Capitol.

A meme circulating online with the caption “nice try, Greta” compares the faces of one of the mob, photographed next to “QAnon shaman” Jake Angeli, with Thunberg’s.”

View attachment 450566
And they're conditioned to just believe it, out of hand.
It is out of hand. It is scary that there are just so many sick people out there. Sick people who refuse to seek help.

Yeah, evidently 70+ million who voted for Biden. I agree with you.
I see you have the q-anon sickness. 70 million who voted for Biden? Try 80 plus million. You are part of the problem. A refusal to acknowledge the truth. Still clinging to lies. Seek help immediately.
See, that's the problem.

How do you know 80 million voted for Biden?

Did you count them yourself?

Or did somebody just tell you? Can you believe them?

Quite an irony, isn't it?

That's on this "Q" character, not on Trump, you fucking moron.
Except that Trump has engendered distrust in society to the point that nutty conspiracy theories like this pop up.
I marvel at the way you find an excuse to blame Trump for everything.
Well, it’s true.

What do you expect when Trump tells you to not believe anything anyone else says? Fake News. Deep state.

This is what happens.

Making shit up again.
Nothing is made up. Republicans elected a nut job.

You idiots complaining about AOC being stupid and you go and elect someone who believes Jews are igniting forests with space lasers.

Kindly collect your idiots before complaining about anything AOC has said.
What's more dangerous? An idiot, or an idiot commie?

There will be war with you communists and we will be merciless.

Making shit up again.
Nothing is made up. Republicans elected a nut job.

You idiots complaining about AOC being stupid and you go and elect someone who believes Jews are igniting forests with space lasers.

Kindly collect your idiots before complaining about anything AOC has said.
What's more dangerous? An idiot, or an idiot commie?

There will be war with you communists and we will be merciless.

Yeah, there’s no comparing the two. You may not respect AOC’s intelligence but she’s head and shoulders above someone who is so stupid as to believe QAnon. I mean, how incredibly dumb do you have to be to take this shit seriously?

Trying to find silver linings in the last four years, continued:

This period has certainly been a treasure trove of material for psychological analysis. In this instance, why has the Qanon conspiracy cult caught on with so many Americans? And how many of them will remain now that they were made fools of, on Inauguration Day?

In a recent study conducted by myself, Karen Douglas and Clara De Inocencio, we further investigated why this could be the case. Our conclusion? Conspiracy theories reinforce a belief that nothing in the world happens through coincidence. This refusal to recognize the role of chance leads people to develop a worldview in which hostile and secret conspiracies permeate all layers of society.

Feelings of anxiety and uncertainty also help fuel conspiracy theories. Such emotions function as a psychological warning signal, leading people to try and make sense of societal events that frighten them. This helps to explain the widespread (and ongoing) speculation that followed impactful events such as 9/11 or the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Together with Nils Jostmann and Michele Acker, we found that feelings of uncertainty, coupled with the feeling that your life is not fully in your control anymore, increases conspiracy thinking. Studies by others researchers confirm that emotions reflecting uncertainty — such as fear or worry — can increase conspiracy beliefs.

How many believers are among us here? We'll be able to guess by counting how many of them scoff at, mock, and dismiss this article.

You of the Reich are really pissed that QAnon exposed Epstein and the whole child sex racket.

But Xi's man will ensure that no child is separated from their Coyote, and WILL make it to the auction block.

Hollywood and the democrats will soon have fresh meat. Orange Man upset the flow of children. But Joe Biden understands intimately the need of democrats;

1612024428197.png

Forum List

Back